Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Katawa Shoujo: I love you just the way you are...

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
You only have yourself to blame for getting the "good" ending.
:thumbsup:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
The other ending would probably result in her NOT coming back and Hisao would be forever alone. EXCELLENT writing. Completely Hamburger Helper Award nominee.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Hey rk47, instead of wasting time on this crap, why not give the KKKodex a ME3 LP appetizer? Isn't ME3 demo out today?

corvus

Arcane
The other ending would probably result in her NOT coming back and Hisao would be forever alone. EXCELLENT writing. Completely Hamburger Helper Award nominee.

Yeah, actually. It just ends when she drives away with Akira. Basically cutting out the good ending altogether rather than rewriting anything.

It's still a better fucking ending, though.

Hey rk47, instead of wasting time on this crap, why not give the KKKodex a ME3 LP appetizer? Isn't ME3 demo out today?

He's playing a better game, jesus let him get back some sanity level first. :rpgcodex:

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Q: How to get the girl if you are a miserable wimp with no personality of your own

- Pathetically collapse in front of her, her nurturing instinct will awaken and she won't be able to leave you to die on your own!

(C) 2011 Katawa Shoujo

Q: How to get the girl if you are a miserable wimp with no personality of your own

- Pathetically collapse in front of her, her nurturing instinct will awaken and she won't be able to leave you to die on your own!

(C) 2011 Katawa Shoujo

Ladies and Gentlemen even if you hated this game and didn't care enough for RK47's humor (which is excellent) you can pat yourself on the back for having learned something useful from it all.

Sincerely,
The Vault Dweller

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
No no no GODDAMMIT. The old ending was perfect. Now we have to think it's ok to emotionally blackmail someone by having a heart attack in an airport?

Fuck fuck fuck why you ruin it RK47 WHYYYYYYYYY

PS: TVD your handle is bad enough on NMA, why you use it here too? Got another nick!

corvus

Arcane

(C) 2011 Katawa Shoujo

:salute:

Excellent advice for the lonely Codexer, just in time for Valentine's Day.

Fuck fuck fuck why you ruin it RK47 WHYYYYYYYYY

kUtvZ.jpg

LundB

Mistakes were made.
:decline: of this LP.

Also, Hisao is so impressively stupid that he doesn't even think to just call Lilly or her sister's phone and say "I'm at the airport" when he gets there by taxi. Instead, he decides to try to run after them, with a heart condition that nearly killed him when he was just walking. That's not romantic, that's retarded and irresponsible. And yeah, the emotional blackmail aspect of it is pretty revolting.

Monoclebear

Educated
:decline: of this LP.

Also, Hisao is so impressively stupid that he doesn't even think to just call Lilly or her sister's phone and say "I'm at the airport" when he gets there by taxi. Instead, he decides to try to run after them, with a heart condition that nearly killed him when he was just walking. That's not romantic, that's retarded and irresponsible. And yeah, the emotional blackmail aspect of it is pretty revolting.

I think he tried calling them, but i am too lazy to check right now.

RK47

Patron
He didn't bear. He called the taxi. And just left for their residence. If he had called ahead before coming - they would've delayed the taxi and the drama would be spared. It was utterly retarded.

I wonder if ME3 can top this emotional engagement.

"I'm sorry, Shepard...I must go. My people need me."
"Tali...don't..."

Tali gently nuzzles her mouthpiece on Shepard's ebony cheek before breaking the embrace, turning away for one final time. Shepard's ocular implant suddenly glowed bright red as his right arm drew the M6 pistol from his right holster, he squeezed the trigger just as the pistol is aimed right above her hooded helmet. A warning shot. Tali's blood froze momentarily. Not a step further, her mind cried.

"Take another step...and you're dead, Miss Vas Normandy. Take off that mask."

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Huh, I never drew the connection, but Tali actually fits the cast of Katawa Shoujo pretty well. She's a loli and severely physically limited. She also loves Shepard desperately and stupidly for no discernible reason. Plus she was just finishing her race's equivalent of high school.

corvus

Arcane
there's still a final epilogue after this, but I guess Bro-47 is letting the rage spasms subside before posting it. We haven't gone full retard just yet ;)

Luzur

Good Sir

(C) 2011 Katawa Shoujo

i think i will try that on the next date.

lightbane

Arcane
Speaking of emotional blackmail, I think it was in Final Fantasy Tactics Advance where the main character actually used this tactic to force someone to do his bidding. What was hilarious is that the intention was to portray the protagonist as a hero, but the (poor) writing, his actions (and the lack of the reasoning behind these: every time that someone asked why he was trying to restore reality to "normal" he would ask with evasives, not bothering to ask if there was an alternative, as he was the only one unhappy with the situation) and the results made him a very convincing villain.

RK47

Patron
01.jpg

lil.jpg
Hisao! Hisao!

ED: "Forever Alone, United in Hatred"

Lilly's body trembles as her tears blot the dark blue sheets, her emotions flooding through her carefully maintained exterior. With her face now closer, and made easier to see for her pale skin being lit by the sunlight from the window, I notice her cheeks being redder than they should be.

his.jpg
It's okay, Lilly. I'm okay. You don't need to-

She rights herself quickly, her crying forcefully stifled with both sadness and stubbornness remaining in her moistened eyes. Her prideful nature, always having been something to contend with, takes me off guard.

lil.jpg
Stop telling me not to worry about you, Hisao! Just this once... let me cry...

ED: "I AM HUGGING YOU HISAO" - Dreadnaught of the Katawa Legion, as it crushes an ork's head.

I am caught speechless. She waits for a response, but her composure breaks again after handful of seconds. I swallow hard to try and settle my own emotions while she weeps onto my bed, a strange mixture of relied and depression welling up. Lilly's...here. She's really here. If I couldn't feel her skin under my hand, I'd hardly believe my own eyes. My efforts weren't for nothing; my body's attempt to take away everything that was important to me once again has been foiled.

ED: HIS DISABILITY ENABLES HIM TO GARNER SYMPATHY

But now... I don't feel as happy about it as I thought I would. Seeing her here, crying like this over me... this is the one thing I'd wanted to avoid since coming to love her, no, even since leaving the hospital.

his.jpg
I'm sorry, Lilly. It's my fault I'm here; I shouldn't have tried to push myself so far.

I give a self-depreciating snort.

his.jpg
After months of keeping myself together so nobody'd worry over me, I went and did something like this. I guess I'm pretty dumb.

ED: Understatement of the year.

With a couple of sniffs and a long breath, Lilly managed to pull herself together and calm down a little. Despite her red cheeks, moist eyes and the lines of tears still visible, she delicately wears that weak smile she seemed so often give.

lil.jpg
You needn't blame yourself. I heard later that it happened as you were running down the road after me, right?
his.jpg
Still...

She wipes her eyes with the back of her hand, returning more to her old self as the rush of emotions wears off.

lil.jpg
Why did you run after me, Hisao?

ED: Why shouldn't he?

I move to respond, but notice her face tightening.

lil.jpg
Even after I'd said goodbye, and I'd left Yamaku Academy...

She takes a moment to steady herself, her emotions almost bubbling up once again.

his.jpg
I just wanted to say that I'm sorry.
lil.jpg
Sorry?
his.jpg
For the times when I wasn't there when you needed me. Until now, I thought you just being there would be enough. I only needed you by my side to make any day feel better. Even if my body may be like this, I want to help you, Lilly; to be there when you need someone.

ED: "It is better to die for the Empress than to live for yourself."

lil.jpg
But you always were there, Hisao...
his.jpg
Why did you want to go to Scotland, Lilly?
lil.jpg
Why...? I told you before: because Akira was going, and because of my family's summons to their home.
his.jpg
(Emotional Blackmail 77.77777%) Why didn't you say that YOU wanted to go?
lil.jpg
I-
his.jpg
(Fate point used, 100%) I'm not stubborn often, but this one time I think I need to be. I want you to stay here, Lilly.
his.jpg
I want you to stay where everyone you know lives, and where all your dreams and ambitions were made.

ED: And stay with your broken boyfriend. Who might die earlier than you, leaving you all sad and lonely in a country without your family.

his.jpg
If you choose to stay, I'll never leave your side. I won't let you lose another person.

ED: My heart will be augmented.

his.jpg
(Glassheart Background) When I had my heart attack, I was snatched away from everyone and everywhere I knew. You showed me a new life after I came to Yamaku. I'd lost my past but you showed me a future.
his.jpg
(Reverse psychology) It's true that I haven't always been there for you. I'm unreliable, sometimes I lied, and I thought I'd come to understand you when I hadn't even understood myself.
his.jpg
Be that as it may, I want to give you a future as well. I want to be there for you, to share both your burdens and your happiness, just like I promised back in Hokkaido.
his.jpg
I want you to trust me. I know I had problems coming to put my trust in you, after losing so many people I'd known after my heart attack, but that's how I know that being unable to trust others can feel awful.
his.jpg
That's why I can't watch you just throw everything away like this. I never want you to go through what I did. I would do anything to stop that.

ED: I'm just copying down what you said, I don't really understand a single reasoning and sentence you just said.

lil.jpg
You can be quite steadfast when you want to be, can't you?
his.jpg
As I said, it isn't often.

My weak smile drops, though, as the IV in my arm digs in a little. It's a harsh reminded of my tether to my condition. Lilly's face tenses as I let out a small gasp of pain, immediately making me wish I'd stifled it better. All I can do is sigh in defeat.

his.jpg
I tried to not let anyone worry over me for the entire time since I left the hospital, but I can't even stop the one person I love most from crying over me. Even if I might finally be able to put my feelings into words, I feel pretty useless with a body like this.
his.jpg
Every time I tried to reach towards something, it was just snatched away, and even now things turned out for the better due to luck.

ED: :extreme facepalm and headslam:

his.jpg
I guess that's something else I should apologize for. All I can ever do is make you worry. Even now, there's very little chance I'll live anywhere near a full life.

ED: Increased your heart beat rate. And moan further. She might fall for it quicker.

The feeling of Lilly's warm, soft hand moving over my left cheek makes me lift my head up, her smile gentle and warm as she touches me.

lil.jpg
I think that is something very natural for you to say. You were always so sincere and self conscious. You were also reserved and mild-mannered, and patient to a fault with Hanako, yet curious about everything and everyone.

ED: .........................END THIS ALREADY FFS!

lil.jpg
When I said I missed you while I was with my family, I wasn't lying or exaggerating. The thought of you was never far from my mind, and helped me through that time. That's why I was so confused about what to do when my family summoned me. Even after I thought I had made my decision, you tried you hardest to challenge me about it.

ED: CHALLENGE? HARDEST? WHAT? WOMAN! ARE YOU SUFFERING FROM SOME FORM OF MEMORY WARP?

lil.jpg
I didn't confess to you out of pity or believing you were somehow different from what you are. I confessed because I never want to lose you, and want you to always be a part of my life, no matter what might change.

ED: And that's why you left in a plane to Scotland a few days ago. FUCK!

lil.jpg
You are a very beautiful person, Hisao. Your heart changes none of that, so please, don't apologize for yourself anymore.

For a long time, silence reigns in the room.

ED: FUCK THIS GAME.

I'm not really sure what this newly born feeling inside of me is, but it pales into insignificance as I wordlessly gaze at Lilly's smiling face, warm and gentle as it has always been. It's only as her thumb crosses my cheek, wiping away a single drop of moisture, that I realize this is all I've ever wanted. For what feels like the firs time, I give an earnest, wide smile. As Lilly feels it against her palm, she returns the gesture.

his.jpg
:smug:

ED: FUCK YOU.

More time passes before either of us says a word, neither of us needing speech to communicate our feelings to each other.

his.jpg
I know I can't promise you that I'll always be around or that we'll be together forever.

5 minutes ago...
his.jpg
If you choose to stay, I'll never leave your side.
ED: I WILL PUNCH YOU IF YOU WERE REAL.

With some difficulty I slowly lift my hand, placing it on her pale shoulder.

his.jpg
But.. I think I can at least take you to next year's Tanabata festival, to make up for making you miss this year's.

Lilly's expression is one of surprise, though I can't say I blame her.

lil.jpg
You... remembered that?
his.jpg
I've got a pretty good memory. Sometimes.

She raises her head a little and takes her hand from my cheek, giving a small, amused giggle. I smile absentmindedly at how earnest it is, almost girlish in its lightness. Still smiling warmly, she collects herself and stands upright with a hand resting on my chest. It feels like I'm seeing her for the first time, the sun from the window glowing behind her as it did when I first walked into that room where she was drinking tea.

lil.jpg
Very well then. Shall we make it a promise between the both of us to go to next year's Tanabata together?

Even if she can't see me doing so, I nod approvingly.

his.jpg
I promise.
lil.jpg
I promise.
02.jpg

Thank god. CREDITS ROLL GOODBYE!

corvus

Arcane
STOP DRAGGING THIS OUT

srsly though guys Rin's storyline is much better

RK47

Patron
Patience corvus...why in a rush to say goodbye? :smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom