Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Kevin Saunders leaves inXile

throwaway

Cipher
On a different note, doesn't InExile and co owe us a degree of transparency if not with regard to the "real" reasons at least to what major changes and restructuring of production this change will/has brought?
Brother None CMcC

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
So any news about your next project?

No, nothing to report. Thanks for asking.

(And... financial/life realities may result in my next project not being something that Codexers would particularly care about. I hope that's not the case, but we shall see...)
Project lead on Fallout 4 spinoff confirmed!

AMG

Arbiter

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
doesn't InExile and co owe us a degree of transparency ... at least to what major changes and restructuring of production this change will/has brought?
The only guy who could say anything about such things is Brian himself and of course he won't. TToN is long since funded so there's no reason to explain internal changes in public. At best we'll hear something along the lines of "the project is in good hands, don't you fret" in some interview.

Sweeping changes to what TToN already is are unlikely at this stage. Any such change would inevitably delay the release date even further, possibly pushing it into 2017 and I'm sure that's not what inXile wants. With beta approaching we have three things to worry about:
1) They might decide to cut some content to meet their deadlines.
2) Minor beaches in aesthetics and artistic integrity. (The character generation screen in WL2 DC really made me cringe. If Chris Keenan has a tendency to approve or overlook such things, we'll probably see very ugly pieces here and there in the TToN mosaic.)
3) A huge amount of bugs at launch. Not a big deal per se as inXile does a good job with patching, but bugs are irritating - they drag MC and Steam user scores down which in turn affects sales.

ArchAngel

Arcane
So any news about your next project?

(And... financial/life realities may result in my next project not being something that Codexers would particularly care about. I hope that's not the case, but we shall see...)
I wish you all the best and that you manage to get into a RPG project again.

Mustawd

On a different note, doesn't InExile and co owe us a degree of transparency if not with regard to the "real" reasons at least to what major changes and restructuring of production this change will/has brought?
Brother None CMcC

:retarded:

The world is a weird place where people think pre-purchases of $30 or so guarantee you insight to the hiring, designing, and operational decisions of companies.

EDIT: this is especialy true when these people don't have the background or experience to even properly process this type of information in context.

Fairfax

Arcane
Because it clearly wasn't voluntary.

Hope you land on your feet. :salute:
Brother None CMcC
Of course they do. If it involves personal reasons, for example, then we obviously don't have to know the details (in that case "personal reasons" should be enough).
This is a crowdfunded project, without the money from backers they wouldn't have been able to remove Kevin because there wouldn't be a project in the first place. The campaign was announced and funded with Kevin as Project Director, and if that changed, they definitely owe us some transparency. Most likely it's Fargo in way over his head, but obviously they made sure no one's ever allowed to say that.

Last edited:

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
You're wasting your breath with all the burururu transparency nonsense. They're not legally allowed to disclose such information, its as simple as that.

Even if they had obligation to the fans to be fully transparent about every decision (which they're fucking not), they wouldn't give it away anyway.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Thankfully, I didn't back this after the bland piece of shit that was Wasteland 2.

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
They can't legally be transparent about it, when you leave a company the contract you sign has a clause that states: Don't talk shit about us, we don't talk shit about you.

No one talks, therefore, nothing bad or personal happens,

Thankfully, I didn't back this after the bland piece of shit that was Wasteland 2.

would have been hard for you to travel back in time from wasteland's 09/14 release date to torment's 03/13 campaign so you're lucky it worked out that way

Unwanted
Shitposter
Nazi death cult center of jew medicine avoidance
Since he never made game before this, there does not seem to be much reason to care. Some other guy I know nothing of filling the role is just the same to me.

Kevin has made many games.

So what is it, Troll or stupid?

ksaun good luck in your future endeavors!

I meant good games smart guy.

I don't care about shit games.

He never made a game worth a shit, and neither did you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom