Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kickstarter Watch.

Mortmal

Arcane
Is it just me, or are the days of massive epicness over; - at least for now?
During a not so hunge time period, amongst others titles like Shadowrun Returns, Shadowrun Online, Wasteland 2, Dead State, D:OS, PoE and even Torment were Kickstarted.
Lastly nothing similar seems to be happening. Or am I missing something here?
I mean yeah, InSomnia looks promising, After Reset might be intersting if it isn't a scam, but even if they turn out good, that's not the same as the calibers mentioned above.
The worst part is that the big hit just didn't seem to make that much of a wave. Did anyone do sequels? Why does Logic Artists work on some 3D stealth thingy, and Harebrained Scheme on some board game thingy? Where's FTL 2 or another game like that?
It feels like kickstarter is just a small, fruitless resuscitation of our beloved genres. Who knows, maybe with Div:OS' popularity and what will come out of the release of PoE and the space sim games, we might get back on track.

I am not finding anything worth of reporting either... And god knows i have time to do it . No sequels indeed, and tbh D:OS probably could have been released without kickstarter, like before. Ton of stuff still not released or now on steam early access since ages.

Ah well, this for the lulz: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1388884479/a-picture-perfect-murder?ref=category

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy

9f3a355f12.png

no

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2091647642/skea-smart-kegel-exercise-aid

When you're playing video games you know what you're not doing? Getting better at sex. Now physicist and game designer Tom Chen has found a way to allow female gamers to do both of these things at once.

this-video-game-peripheral-aims-to-improve-your-sex-life-140668507084.gif

Introducing the Smart Kegel Exercise Aid - or SKEA for short. This device is a gaming peripheral designed to be inserted into a woman's vagina so she can exercise her pelvic floor muscles.

And what's the benefit of that you ask? There's a few of them. The primary benefit is that it helps with urinary incontinence. The more entertaining reason is that it improves sex.

"Pelvic muscles contribute to healthy sexual response for women," Chen explained in the SKEA Kickstarter. "Strong pelvic floor muscles can enhance arousal and improve sensation, orgasm quality, and general sexual experience. Men also prefer his female partner to have stronger pelvic muscles, due to stronger contact forces and grip during the course."

Furthermore, having strong Kegel muscles helps with childbirth. Both during the actual process and the inevitable healing afterward.

jpg

WebMD verifies these benefits. "Kegel exercises aren't just good for improving urinary incontinence. They are often recommended in sex therapy," the WebMD listing noted. "That was an accidental 'side effect' discovered by Kegel. He heard back from his patients about these sexual benefits. The pelvic floor muscles contract more strongly during orgasm once they are strengthened."

So here's how SKEA works: it's designed to be used in conjunction with a Temple Run-style autorunner mobile game called Alice in Continent, in which the titular character chases rabbits, avoids "lava leaks" and collects "Collagen elixers". As you'd expect, you make Alice jump by squeezing on the SKEA with your pelvic muscles.

That sounds boring by video game standards, but entertaining compared to usual pelvic floor muscle exercises. "Traditional Kegel exercise is long and boring. Most patients fail to complete on their own," Chen noted. "Skea offers an interesting alternative treatment, which could be more fun and acceptable.”

SKEA has currently raised $5,054 towards its $38,000 goal with 15 days to go before its 14th August deadline.

:avatard:

Kz3r0

Arcane
WebMD verifies these benefits. "Kegel exercises aren't just good for improving urinary incontinence. They are often recommended in sex therapy," the WebMD listing noted. "That was an accidental 'side effect' discovered by Kegel. He heard back from his patients about these sexual benefits. The pelvic floor muscles contract more strongly during orgasm once they are strengthened."

So here's how SKEA works: it's designed to be used in conjunction with a Temple Run-style autorunner mobile game called Alice in Continent, in which the titular character chases rabbits, avoids "lava leaks" and collects "Collagen elixers". As you'd expect, you make Alice jump by squeezing on the SKEA with your pelvic muscles.

That sounds boring by video game standards, but entertaining compared to usual pelvic floor muscle exercises. "Traditional Kegel exercise is long and boring. Most patients fail to complete on their own," Chen noted. "Skea offers an interesting alternative treatment, which could be more fun and acceptable.”

SKEA has currently raised $5,054 towards its $38,000 goal with 15 days to go before its 14th August deadline.

:avatard:
I don't think Kickstarter is ready for the kind of advertising common in Japan and Korea.

Destroid

Arcane
. I commonly get asked why I haven’t made games like this since. The truth is that I’ve wanted to, but Publishers stopped taking chances on these kinds of creative endeavors.

But there a tons of 3rd person shooters being published.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Idk if this was already posted, but

http://wp.first-wonder.com/wp2/

Hi, I’m Nick Bruty and I created Giants: Citizen Kabuto and MDK.

@__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________@
team multiplayer game
qvXUnzU.jpg
Giants already had team multiplayer (fairly advanced for its age), so I don't think that's a problem if there will be a quality single player mode.

. I commonly get asked why I haven’t made games like this since. The truth is that I’ve wanted to, but Publishers stopped taking chances on these kinds of creative endeavors.

But there a tons of 3rd person shooters being published.
You mean mostly brown banal shit boring 3rd person shooters, not ones like Giants or MDK. Just a reminder: Insomniac's recent shooter, Overstrike (later renamed to Fuse) meant to be a colorful, funny over the top shooter. And what do we got after a big publisher got into the picture? A brown boring military shooter. It was an awful game.

Last edited:
The most obvious scam ever actually gets people stupid enough to pay for it: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/973736766/the-cybermatrix-100-tu01

:what:

how, what did, umm...what the fuck, can somebody explain the video to me, the whole thing, like what is he talking about, how did it come to this, what are the sponsors thinking, what am i missing? How did this get kickstarter approval in the first place, and what is the specific condition(s) the guy giving the presentation is suffering from? And what the fuck?

Destroid

Arcane
Kickstarter doesn't have an approval process anymore. Apparently that was too much work so they'd rather just count gold.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Ok, fuck, this seals it. I'm gonna make a kickstarter for something bullshit, I don't need much, just a few hundred bucks.

How is this cybermatrix thing even possible. The guy can't even write properly in english, he doesn't know capital letters or punctuations.

First project update:
dear backers and everyone:

i wanna let you all know that for those who pledge a lot of money, please don't as i need it to build my cybermatrix 100.

for those who pledge a little, keep hittin'. i'll get it somehow.

the console of the future has to succeed. no more failures. i have to succeed.

schaun

What the fuck?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom