Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kickstarter Watch.

TheGreatOne

Arcane

Kz3r0

Arcane

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I hope people saying that crowd funding is dying can shut the fuck up now.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
I get Mega Man and Castlevania, but can anyone explain the appeal of Shenmue?

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I never played Shenmue, but my friends who did spoke of it in hushed, awed tones. To the point I almost considered backing Shenmue 3 (it's releasing on PC so I could actually play it). Then I came to my senses.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...d-record-for-quickest-video-game-crowdfunding

Shenmue 3 sets Guinness World Record for quickest video game crowdfunding
Reached $1m in 102 minutes.

Shenmue 3 has set a Guinness World Record for being the fastest video game to raise $1m in pledges via a crowdfunding platform.

jpg

In a swift 102 minutes the long anticipated sequel joined the double comma club onKickstarter, beating out Torment: Tides of Numenera, which took six hours and five minutes to do the same back in 2013.

Outside of video games, Shenmue 3 is the second quickest overall product to raise $1m on Kickstarter; the Pebble Time smartwatch bested it at a mere 46 minutes.

The question is: will Shenmue 3 topple Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night as the most highly funded game on Kickstarter? Bloodstained raised $5,545,991 in the end.

Comparatively, Shenmue 3 is already at $3,022,960 with 30 days to go before its 17th July deadline.

Besides however many millions Shenmue 3 raises on Kickstarter, Sony will also be bankrolling Yu Suzuki's long anticipated sequel. It's been 14 years since Shenmue 2, after all. People are ravenous for more.

Diablo169

Arcane
It is regular Japanese shit. It came out at a time when people were not used to regular Japanese shit. That's why it was so unique at the time. Not so much now.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Not sure was this here yet but Brian Bagnall is writing book about Commodore's Amiga years and he launched Kickstarter campaign two days ago.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1462758959/commodore-the-amiga-years-book
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1462758959/commodore-the-amiga-years-book
A beautiful hardcover book chronicling the Commodore Amiga years. First hand interviews, insane stories, and lots of laughs.

Hello! I’m Brian Bagnall and I want to tell you the story of Commodore during the Amiga years. Commodore produced my favorite computers in the eighties and for years I waited for someone to write a book about those incredible times. Strangely, it seemed like publishers were only interested in talking about Apple, Microsoft and IBM. It’s time to give the Commodore Amiga some credit as the first commercially successful multimedia computer.

Take a journey from Amiga's beginnings in 1982 to when Commodore filed for bankruptcy in 1994. Dozens of brilliant and motivated engineers produced a computer with graphics, sound and multitasking capabilities years ahead of Apple and IBM. A lot happened in that decade, and this book will describe to you the most relevant parts in a definitive history of the Amiga story and Commodore’s final descent.

Prior to undertaking this project, Commodore’s trajectory as a company was a huge mystery. Writing this book will allow me to sleuth out what happened, relive those times alongside those who were there, and share the results with fellow travelers like you. That prospect alone is incredibly exciting.

himmy

Arcane
http://boingboing.net/2015/06/19/sony-admits-backing-shenmue-3.html

Sony admits backing Shenmue 3, which has $3m pledged on Kickstarter
By Rob Beschizza at 9:10 am Fri, Jun 19, 2015

Legendary Sega game series Shenmue is to receive a third installment thanks to a $3m-and-rising Kickstarter campaign. But now we find out that Sony is a 'partner' in the game, investing an 'undisclosed budget' despite no mention on the game's pleas for crowdfunding. What gives?

So working on the basis that Sony is paying, why was it deemed acceptable to run the Kickstarter as it was run, and only reveal this partnership after public money had been accrued via some very large personal donations? I could start throwing around a lot of strong terms here, but – if only because I don’t know exactly how the balance of funding will play out - I won’t. I’ll very carefully draw the line at ‘misleading’, and leave it at that.
Seems the most egregious example yet of using Kickstarter to snooker people into thinking they were funding an independent project.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
From recent updates :

A gameplay video from Project Rain :

A video without any gameplay from Knite and the Ghost Lights :

And some Gifs from Dropsy :
0fb841d1135f8b07fe9f67b1ea5a932a_original.gif

36fce494d88d6bda584311b01d995d9e_original.gif
Paradise Lost : First Contact :
ed656f93684afeb9f42e060b0c2ba4aa_original.gif

1ce073b3626afcbb56243e1f830f874a_original.gif
Ghost Song: A Journey of Hope :
013c9b9bb036d8ea6040b1bbb62e9af9_original.gif

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Is Mighty No 9 still looking like crap / hasn't been released?

Thought so.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom