Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kickstarter Watch.

almondblight

Arcane
Drama as the Paradise Lost: First Contact people launch a second Kickstarter while they've yet to release any gameplay footage from the first game they Kickstarted (which was supposed to come out this month). They've been trying to reassure backers by telling them that a whole new project won't take any time or effort, so it's not going to distract them from finishing PL:FC. Most backers seem to be pissed.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Don't know if anyone noticed, but Cinemaware's been in a fair lot of trouble for a while now. They're (actually it's just one guy) promising refunds for backers of Rocket Ranger Reloaded:

Update: Future of Rocket Ranger Reloaded

Hey Guys,

thanks for all the responses. As you see we responsed to all of your comments so your opinion was really important to us. In the end most of you decide that we should go on with Rocket Ranger Reloaded. But after reviewing all of your comments and also discussed it within cinemaware we will put the project on Hold. Hold means that we cancel the project here at kickstarter and pay back your pledges. We believe this is the best way to get your trust back as first and also for Cinemware.

Some of your comments was that we should go on with smaller projects, And that is what we will do in the next time. Right now we got some really cool support from fans which help us to release an Amiga-Version of Wings! Remastered Editon and also we will release Big-Box-Collectors Editions of our classics. This idea came also from a community member who also develops AmigaCD32 ports. We start with defender of the Crown with a box that includes all the different releases. For the Amiga Version you can also download different Demo Versions.

http://retro.cinemaware.com/shop/

So, next step is to get back the money to you. Please give us a little time to check this how this works from now (no, it won´t be six months). But every backer gets back their money.

We got mails and messages that offers us that we can use their pledge for other projects. We have to check this how this works but if you want to support us in this way contact sven@cinemaware.com.

So thanks again for you comments and your patience. We hope we can send out the next update with detailed information about the refund process by the end of the next week.

Greetings

Sven

I was surprised by this, especially since I didn't follow its development (or Wings') closely. I know Wings Remastered, Wings Amiga and Rocket Ranger Amiga weren't top-sellers, but I thought they would have helped Cinemaware break even at least. Sad news.

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
Don't know if anyone noticed, but Cinemaware's been in a fair lot of trouble for a while now. They're (actually it's just one guy) promising refunds for backers of Rocket Ranger Reloaded:

Update: Future of Rocket Ranger Reloaded

Hey Guys,

thanks for all the responses. As you see we responsed to all of your comments so your opinion was really important to us. In the end most of you decide that we should go on with Rocket Ranger Reloaded. But after reviewing all of your comments and also discussed it within cinemaware we will put the project on Hold. Hold means that we cancel the project here at kickstarter and pay back your pledges. We believe this is the best way to get your trust back as first and also for Cinemware.

Some of your comments was that we should go on with smaller projects, And that is what we will do in the next time. Right now we got some really cool support from fans which help us to release an Amiga-Version of Wings! Remastered Editon and also we will release Big-Box-Collectors Editions of our classics. This idea came also from a community member who also develops AmigaCD32 ports. We start with defender of the Crown with a box that includes all the different releases. For the Amiga Version you can also download different Demo Versions.

http://retro.cinemaware.com/shop/

So, next step is to get back the money to you. Please give us a little time to check this how this works from now (no, it won´t be six months). But every backer gets back their money.

We got mails and messages that offers us that we can use their pledge for other projects. We have to check this how this works but if you want to support us in this way contact sven@cinemaware.com.

So thanks again for you comments and your patience. We hope we can send out the next update with detailed information about the refund process by the end of the next week.

Greetings

Sven

I was surprised by this, especially since I didn't follow its development (or Wings') closely. I know Wings Remastered, Wings Amiga and Rocket Ranger Amiga weren't top-sellers, but I thought they would have helped Cinemaware break even at least. Sad news.

Sven's good people so I know what he wrote up there is 100% sincere :)

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1409961192/dcc-rpg-4th-printing/

DCC RPG on its 4th printing :incline:

Other notable projects (all tabletop related):
Cthulhu Wars: Onslaught. Cthulhu Wars base game can be ordered at a cheaper price than its MSRP here.
Kill Doctor Lucky Deluxe Edition. Ends in 3 days.
Sword and Sorcery. Fantasy dungeon romp board game based off Galaxy Defenders ruleset that can be played solitaire. Also ends in 3 days. I dropped my pledge because I really can't afford it this month, sadly.
Dropfleet Commander, a space skirmish game with minis.

PeachPlumage

Cipher
mindx2 - The Dark Unknown. Box and feelies! Although I haven't played the Ultima games especially 4, this does look interesting.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Dropsy's creators are coming on Kickstarter again with a plateformer this time.

a01f75813a2e356ecaeef9911f499fb6_original.gif

I enjoyed Dropsy and according to the the presentation this one could be good too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom