Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kickstarter Watch.

Fairfax

Arcane
*Checks Kickstarter's page*

20d187a8f52caf1fbe8c0a99c0cdd6e9_original.png

Fedora included lulz
They're not even trying, aren't they? :lol:
:lol::lol::lol:

HotSnack

Cipher
Midnight Stranger

I found out about these "games" thanks to SGF's incredible LP of MODE. They are endearingly corny in there experimental 90s-ness. Unfortunately I think they might have shot themselves in the foot in that their pitch video seem to be directed at people familiar with the games already, when it lacks the notoriety of more popular FMV titles like nightrap etc.

Executr

Cipher
Lost key staff members, decide to make other games to pay for this one. Seems like a smart decision. s\
Project was kickstarted 2 years ago. Well, so much for having those Japanese superstar game developers.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/482445197/unsung-story-tale-of-the-guardians/posts/1485100

Dear Unsung Backers,

There has been another delay in reporting to you since our last development update, and we apologize for that. Our continued intention is to make a great game, and get Unsung Story to development completion and released to you and the gaming public. During the last few months we have had some development setbacks that are affecting our timeline and progress on the game, while also affecting what we need to do in the immediate future as a company.

After we posted our latest development progress, we unfortunately lost a few key staff members that were part of Unsung Story development, and that has had an impact on any progress since then, as well as our product focus. We now have one internal team capable of working on a single project, and for the financial strength of the company we need to focus on a few products in the near term that have the ability to get to a retail release before Unsung Story is able to. While this is a difficult choice to make, it is one we need to do for the ongoing financial health of the company. For Unsung Story, we will explore options for outside development help, and will look to see if we are able to bring on an outside team that can assist us in furthering development. While we aren’t assured this will come to fruition, we do want to make sure that we are exploring any options at hand that can make progress on the game.

While the development goals that were spelled out in the previous update remain intact for now, the release window of those goals is affected, and at this time we do not have an update as to what the new release window for development rollout will be. This will be affected by the ability and timing of any outside support, as well as when the single internal team is able to get back onto Unsung development, and when we do know, we will update you all. As we pursue this direction, we will refine the release timeline as soon as we are able to. With the loss of that staff, and without having any new progress to share since the last update, we felt we needed to sort through what options and directions we had available before we updated you on the current status, but again do apologize for the lack of recent updates. We will get back to you as soon as we can with any progress and status update. Thanks.

Playdek

Lucky

Arcane
The Flame in the Flood set to be released on February 24th.

Release date announced!

As you may have seen, we were at the NY Game Awards last night to show off a new trailer and announce a release date.

We are releasing the final version of the game on…

February 24th!
You can check out the date announcement trailer right here:

For folks who’ve been playing in early access, there’s a lot of new stuff landing on the 24th. The campaign will be playable for the first time. We’ve added an easier difficulty mode to the campaign for folks who are more interested in paddling around than hardcore surviving. We’ve done a ton of various improvements and bug fixes, and will share a full list at launch. Basically every aspect of the game has been fixed, tightened up, and improved in a variety of ways.

Even though the game is releasing, there's still more to come. Most notably, after needing to expend all our energy on finishing the core game, we’re moving on to backer specific rewards, including both physical and digital. We’ll be releasing these as updates for everyone who backed at higher tiers. You can see a couple of the things we’ve been working on here:

be1507081e72a973e7bf83838136ddf9_original.png

Custom pirate raft with flag
795cc1fe78abd801467a669c7c8a4c31_original.png

Founder kit
In addition to this info, we’ve been doing a bunch of press lately in anticipation of the coming release. You can see Forrest chatting with Gamespot, IGN, and Game Informer with near final builds of the game.

We’re pretty excited to hit the final version, and deeply appreciate all of you for helping us kickstart this game. We hope you all have as much fun playing as we’ve had making it.

See you on the river!

-Forrest & the team

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

A lot of emphasis on controller use and then $500 for the Collector's Box?!! Not sure I'm that nastolgic for Descent. Man, I knew KS would start to get a bit more expensive but it seems like $500 is the new starting point lately for boxed editions (that aren't cheap DVD cases, those only start at $120 :roll:)......:negative:

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Need to Know, an information thriller and "Papers Please-like".

Pretty cool concept, not sure about the devs though, a bunch of very young people with literally no experience or any credentials. Doesen't exactly inspire confidence in their ability to deliver. Not sure about this one but ordered a 48hrs reminder.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Need to Know, an information thriller and "Papers Please-like".
Pretty cool concept, not sure about the devs though, a bunch of very young people with literally no experience or any credentials. Doesen't exactly inspire confidence in their ability to deliver. Not sure about this one but ordered a 48hrs reminder.
Yeah. I'll take a chance on 'em for $11 :)

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I like the concept and I've been looking for a game like this for a long time, but I don't very much like the implementation. It just looked weird. I'd rather have a post-apoc city builder that wasn't just a desert, like you'd have old ruined cities and shit that you'd have to deal with too.

Lucky

Arcane
The Interactive Adventures of Dog Mendonça and Pizza Boy is out. Got kickstarted for ~30.000 a bit over a year ago.

Steam and GOG.

Last edited by a moderator:

Feyd Rautha

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I like the concept and I've been looking for a game like this for a long time, but I don't very much like the implementation. It just looked weird. I'd rather have a post-apoc city builder that wasn't just a desert, like you'd have old ruined cities and shit that you'd have to deal with too.
Well it will obviously be more developed if they get funded.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...a-permadeath-road-trip-simulato/posts/1510780
Death Road content, polish, and balance
2 Comments
"">
2 likes
It looks like we're going to shoot for second quarter (probably May) as a release date. We could use the extra time to put in more content. Also, that will hopefully let us avoid how the press gets super busy around GDC and PAX East.

Mega-huge list of changes at the bottom of this update, and two videos of unedited playthroughs of the game, below! I'll also be updating more frequently for public Kickstarter updates until the game's out, likely every two weeks or so.

The below youtube video is a recent playthrough I did last week. I got really lucky and found the sumo wrestler, but it wasn't enough to save me. We've already done a lot more changes and balance tweaks in the past week or so that we're trying out.

I'm also uploading a video of a playthrough I did earlier today, but it's taking awhile to get posted. I'll post that in the comments and on our Twitter and Facebook pages when it's finally up on Youtube.

We're really hitting our stride, so there's lots of changes to the character creator, balance, weapons, events, and more. Here's a list of those changes since 2-26:

• Added a 3 slot inventory for each character, instead of a 2 slot inventory like before. I think we're going to stay with this amount, 2 is too little.
  • You can now open up a pause menu and exchange weapons between your player character and your followers, if they're close enough.
  • Stats are revealed a lot more frequently now.
  • You can now tell a follower to switch his or her active weapon.
  • Lots of tweaks, typo fixes, bugfixes.
  • Weapon swapping is a lot faster now.
  • Big buff to ammo gain. You find 50% more ammo in drawers and such now, and up to 100% more in ammo cache boxes.
  • More buffs to traders. Big reductions in prices, or you get more stuff per food traded, depending.
  • Lot of tweaks to outdoor event and cabin difficulty.
  • Nailboards nerfed slightly after being buffed to some sort of god-weapon. Still really good. Imagine a very long monkey wrench that hits 3 zombies at a time before it breaks.
  • Parking meters now reliably hit more zombies per swing.
  • Bandit-toll lowered a lot, from 10/20/30/40 to 8/12/16/20
  • Set a minimum limit for recruitee morale of 2.
  • bandit-car added, LORD HUMUNGOID
  • Reduced severity of many walking events.
  • Replaced random ouch-- with sting-- to reduce some arbitrary death.
  • common CYOA gas gain randomized a bit
  • heal-event moved and consolidated into an easy word, to add to CYOA.
  • Heal-event added to the card3-zomb resting options.
  • Some morale boosts added to various events, or morale penalties lessened.
  • Excercise bikes can now hurt but not kill you.
  • Bandit deck shuffles properly now.
  • Reduced group training costs from 30/40/50 to 20/25/30
  • Some missing shuffles were added, so you should be seeing more variety in hazard events.
  • City spawn amount reduced across the board.
  • Nailboards added to cabin sieges. May add them to other types also.
  • Cabin siege surrounding map is now much smaller.
  • Logic added for feeling really smug if you cheat a supply loss.
  • Bugfix for dog rescues turning into a not-dog during the recruit prompt.
  • The rewards rescued people give can now be given by cool-it events.
  • Dogs no longer gives same rewards as humans. Now it's recruit or morale.
  • More bandit penalty types.
  • All bandit events completely revamped, including the walking ones.
  • Golf course camping event adjusted to be easier to win.
  • Sledgehammer made 0.35 seconds slower, but gets more knockback and a 60% chance to cleave
  • Made gyms and arcade machines usable while solo, but at a zombie spawn penalty.
  • Anime Figurine now gives 3 morale to everyone, except for high wits people who get a morale penalty.
  • Wrench no longer breaks.
  • Lots of new additions to character apperance customization!
  • Surviving a hazard event now lets you pick from a list of rewards! More work on this later.
  • Started differentiating the cities more. First city is smaller than future ones, as a start.
  • New beginning Hazard Events instead of doing the sewer over and over.
  • Reduced sewer difficulty by a LOT.
  • Adding "stings" that will damage but not kill characters.
  • Added some better pronoun handling.
  • Harsher bandit penalties added for walking. They can now also steal your weapons.
  • Walking segments rebalanced to generally be shorter.
Here's a list of changes since the last public update that did a changelog. A lot of things are left out, since the list is already pretty big:

Oldest first -

• New locations added: Shopping malls, Rest stops, Junkyards.
  • New mission type added: Finding an abandoned car in a mission. You can hotwire the car or find the keys for it.
  • Giant swarm maps for the gym and arcade locations.
  • More rescue mission types.
  • More dog special messages for events. Examples: Trying to drink coffee, trying to open a safe, giving CPR.
  • In car chat blurb chance reduced down from 100%.
  • Lots and lots of tweaks and rewrites of older events.
  • Buffed old rewards a bunch.
  • Cleaned up the calendar logic. It's much closer to a final draft now.
  • Sieges now have a flashing SIEGE! indicator on the top of the screen.
  • Added in easy versions of locations and hazard locations for the first few days of the game.
  • Typos, fixes, tweaks, balance adjustments too numerous to list.
  • Much higher chance of getting a special character in recruit events now. About 25%.
  • First few days of the game now finalized. Got rid of tutorial events, you now get safer versions of the normal events for the most part.
  • Trade days and recruit days are now more common.
  • Every hazard location is now preceded by a trading event.
  • Big revamp to how the CYOA events work in the game calendar, with decks being combined.
  • Added more cat checks.
  • Big trade event revamps. You now get story bits for them and get a list of 2 to 3 traders to do business with.
  • Lots and lots of adjustments to firearms. They're much stronger now.
  • Lots and lots of adjustments to melee weapons. Mostly they have more variety between the different weapons now.
  • More melee weapon types no longer break. Some still break.
  • Way more opportunities to tell traders to SAY IT, NOT SPRAY IT if you have a truly annoying person in your group.
  • Fleshed out the trader events a lot. Way more stuff to buy. More ways to mess with them. More trader types in general. Pricing tweaks.
  • Added an indicator for if COOL IT will be miraculous or not.
  • Every day now gives you a normal location event, even hazard days.
  • Rerolling location events now cost half the gas it used to, to encourage driving around for the best location you can get.
  • If someone in your team reveals a new recruit is a liar, it shows some of their true stats including their loyalty.
  • Rescued recruits now start with a weapon randomly taken from a list.
  • Buffs to Paranoid characters. They now get protection to many bandit events, and now often partially ID the stats/skills of recruits.
  • Big expansions to the walking events, including a lot more options for finding new cars.
  • More opportunities for a truly annoying character to tell various people and other entities to "Cool It"
  • Lots of new hats and glasses and hairs added to the character creator.
  • Cars wear down a lot faster when driving now.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/combitstudios/river-city-ransom-underground/posts/1508075

Hello Backers,

As you know we've released 3 previews to date, with the last preview 2.5 being a roll-up release of various combat gameplay bugs in versus mode.

And then, we went quiet...

Today, we're happy to to say that we've emerged from an intense crunch period and reached a major milestone in development. All major story content has been completed, and we're working now to close the gap in secondary content, bug fixes, and polish, to be release ready.

So with that news we'll be dropping Preview 3 shortly, which will be playable through Act 1 of the game's story. Preview 3 will automatically show up in your available downloads on the previews page in your Beta Program email. We'll drop a note on Twitter and Facebook when you can expect to see it in your download list.

If you have any issues getting set up please email support.

Now with that said, this is still a preview, which means there are bugs, both known and unexpected, and missing content, so if you want to have the "full experience", we recommend you hold off on Preview 3, but if you like to report bugs and tinker, then you'll have fun with this one.

The team is now preparing to go the distance and complete the game. We're excited that we're so close to the finish line, and looking forward to seeing you on the other side.

Kutulu

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex
I don't understand why there is a need a gaming con specifically for fags. Is it just an excuse to meetup people with shared interest for buttsex?

I honestly just wanted to hate... but now theyve actually had their little con, it was a sausage fest of course but that are 90% of gaming & hobbyists cons anyway.
Otherwise their pictures look fun, pretty normal actually.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom