Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

kickstarter you most regret (giving money to)

most regret

• Pillars of Eternity

Votes: 33 28.0%
  • Wasteland 2

Votes: 18 15.3%
  • Underworld Ascendant

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Torment: Tides of Numenera

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Divinity: Original Sin

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • The Banner Saga

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • Bard's Tale IV

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Star Citizen

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • Tropes vs. Women in Video Games

Votes: 16 13.6%
  • Other (Please Specify)

Votes: 34 28.8%

• Total voters

Eirikur

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
The most recent Tex Murphy game. That was awkward.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Wow, I looked up that project. While skimming through the comments, I ran into this statement.

It's interesting that almost all of the refund requests have been from $20 backers. Apparently some of those thought that they were buying a game rather than contributing to the development of a project. Everyone at higher levels understands that a Kickstarter pledge is a way of funding a project, not a product purchase.

Yeah...

For the second KS, they had in their $20 pledge as:
Double Time (value $50):
- For 2nd time Hero-U backers only!
- Does NOT include the game
- Digital Hint Book
- Digital "Art of Hero-U" Book
- Digital Hero-U Soundtrack
- Beta Test access
- Receive a special Thank You
- Access to project updates

Whilst the keen eye sees 'Does NOT include the game', you'd imagine some % assume a $20 pledge include the game...
That was actually for the first Kickstarter. The one that had this.

Pledge $20 or more
About $20 USD
3,299 backers
Freshman: You will receive a DRM-free digital game download, access to discussion forums to help us improve the game, and your name will appear on the Hero list.
Estimated delivery:
Oct 2013

From the comments, Cole comes off like a complete and utter prick.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
I regret upping my pledge for Pillars of Eternity from the $20 tier to the $250+extras tier, mainly because at that stage it was the only way to get the Hardcover Collector's Book, and then later on they went and released it at retail for like $30. Hopefully I can sell my entire unopened pledge on launch of the inevitable second game, including my unused expansion key.

Other than that I'd say Star Citizen.

Last edited:

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
Shroud of the Avatar, I backed it day one on impulse. I just wanted to believe Garriott was out to make another Ultima VII, with some online modes.

To be fair, it's still not complete, but it's been three years and I don't like what I see.

Should have kept my moneh...

:keepmymoney:

Last edited:
Unwanted

Bustamonte

Unwanted
Shitposter
I pledged 0 to pillars of inanity but I regret there was no way to pledge even less.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom