Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

King of Dragon Pass (Android Release)

Tigranes

Arcane
Yeah, all 3 are gone in the Android. I actually forgot about the crafters' existence.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
TBH that's not the most significant concession. It does remove some complexity in the early and early mid game but mostly the choices are fairly obvious.

oscar

Arcane
Things like the crafter simplification are fine. Who ever used any less than the maximum anyway?

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
I remember those choices as simply necessary to endure between the interesting stuff.

I haven't played the IOS version so I suppose I don't know what I am missing on Android. That said, I do find it an immediately more enjoyable experience on Android tablet than the PC version which I played quite a bit.

makute

Literate
^ all that is in the ipad version as far as I can see.
No, they aren't. It was Mr. Dunham who cut features out, not Herocraft.

In the farming screen, the different crops and domestic cattle (pigs and sheep) shown are just abstract numbers, they can't be modified by the player in any way or form, except by certain blessings, but still, they affect the overall stat: harvested food and cows, and not the individual crops or animal types. E.g: In one of my games, the "Sheep Sickness" event kicked in, and it killed 150 of my sheeps, wich instantly translated to 75 cows killed, this made a trivial event into a clan destroying one.

Things like the crafter simplification are fine. Who ever used any less than the maximum anyway?
Crafter management were key at keeping your temples running and your neighbours happy. Also, you were able to cut on crafters numbers to make more farmers/thanes if necessary, you can't do that anymore, the player is stuck with the crafters the game chose for him.

Shaewaroz

Arcane
Patron
In a hobo shack due to betting on neanderthal
I'm very into cock and ball torture

In the farming screen, the different crops and domestic cattle (pigs and sheep) shown are just abstract numbers, they can't be modified by the player in any way or form, except by certain blessings, but still, they affect the overall stat: harvested food and cows, and not the individual crops or animal types. E.g: In one of my games, the "Sheep Sickness" event kicked in, and it killed 150 of my sheeps, wich instantly translated to 75 cows killed, this made a trivial event into a clan destroying one.

You can't adjust crop proportions or sheep/pig herds in ipad version either? Then PC version is clearly the best one, if you don't value the UI changes over the depth of gameplay.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Just checked, you're right.

You can't adjust crop proportions or sheep/pig herds in ipad version either? Then PC version is clearly the best one, if you don't value the UI changes over the depth of gameplay.

I'm going to play a game on the PC version for reference before I say this for certain, but I'm pretty sure this makes next to no difference.

Crafter management were key at keeping your temples running and your neighbours happy.

I've won several games on the PC version, and I never managed this. How is that "key"?

Shaewaroz

Arcane
Patron
In a hobo shack due to betting on neanderthal
I'm very into cock and ball torture

I'm going to play a game on the PC version for reference before I say this for certain, but I'm pretty sure this makes next to no difference.

You can very well play the game never adjusting the crop types, but it's not the optimal (=intended) way. You can also try slaughtering all your sheep and see what happens to your temples.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
You can also try slaughtering all your sheep and see what happens to your temples.

It's not like they've removed this entirely, they've just collapsed them into cows. IMO it's an example of good streamlining. I never liked those micromanagement aspects of KoDP (which is why I didn't even notice their absence when I played on the tablet). I can see why it sucks if you really prefer to have those sliders, but for most people I don't think it will be an issue.

Silva

Arcane
I'm with Grunker here. Finished the Ipad version only once and found it more enjoyable than the half-dozen times I did the PC version. The streamlining was of the positive kind in my opinion.

makute

Literate
I've won several games on the PC version, and I never managed this. How is that "key"?
Because different play styles.

I'm with Grunker here. Finished the Ipad version only once and found it more enjoyable than the half-dozen times I did the PC version. The streamlining was of the positive kind in my opinion.
The only "streamlining" I found worth is the removal of manual management of patrols, it was bugged anyway.

Silva

Arcane
About the streamlining of the farming aspect, one thing occurred to me:

Is it possible to significantly economize on magic pts during sacred time by sheer farming management ? In other words, when the omens are bad for crops, can I farm manage my way out of it with zero support from magic and/or blessings? If the answer to this is "yes" then Ill give my respect to the anti-streamlining crowd. I never managed to do it though.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Android version sucks usability wise, game simply has too many menus and sub menus and lists to be fun to play on android.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
Surely you need a Homer Simpson dialing wand and are playing on a 3" phone screen.

tindrli

Arcane
Android version sucks usability wise, game simply has too many menus and sub menus and lists to be fun to play on android.

i dont give a shit for menus and sub menus.. i just want to see them as on tablet and not like they are now

Kem0sabe

Arcane

tindrli

Arcane
It adjust surprisingly well to small screens, but some menus can get too cluttered. On the other hand, bigger screens will allow you to enjoy the awesome art of this game at its fullest.

thats not in my case at least.. i have LG G3 5.5 " and i dont enjoy awesome art at its fullest , more than half images are covered with story text let me take a picture
basic menus are ok
Wvkt5x.png

battle is.. well i dont call that awesome
owkAMz.jpg

and same happens with all ingame events
6UF4Ce.jpg

and we all know how the game looks on app store

e0W_WY7XJMXjZ5rKaeCUole4GvVxgUwcCD2PirVc5SvbmBGYUAsdB3h64bvGylPzp4Q=h900-rw

Kem0sabe those pictures

Kem0sabe

Arcane
The menus on the left side are too small and involve scrolling down lists, even on a 7' screen thats a hassle i dont need on a mobile game. I want ease of use, fast and intuitive interfaces that i dont have to fiddle around with. Those pics are not the best example of these issues tho.

tindrli

Arcane
The menus on the left side are too small and involve scrolling down lists, even on a 7' screen thats a hassle i dont need on a mobile game. I want ease of use, fast and intuitive interfaces that i dont have to fiddle around with. Those pics are not the best example of these issues tho.

i agreed that pictures are not the best eample but dont tell me that they could not redesign text position menus buttons and pictures so they could be visible accessible and all on a 5.5 screen not to mention 7"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom