Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Six Ages: Ride Like the Wind - King of Dragon Pass spiritual successor

tindrli

Arcane
New blog update about maps of KoDP and Six Ages:

http://sixages.blogspot.fi/search?u...d-max=2016-01-01T00:00:00-05:00&max-results=4

Apparently David doesn't remember how he coded KoDP's map data files. :roll:

Nonetheless, a really good update this time. This image of KoDP's map zones should make any KoDP fan jizz:

KoDP%2BZones-Zoomed.png

TIME FOR REPLAY!!!!!

Shaewaroz

Arcane
Patron
In a hobo shack due to betting on neanderthal
I'm very into cock and ball torture
David Dunham said:
Text scaling is noted as a likely feature.

Note that you don’t need to explore every hex to get the achievement.

From a narrative sense, there is no way to see a visible distinction between say the Grazelands (where you are likely to be taken captive by the Horse-Spawn) and other parts of Dragon Pass.

Exploration is likely to work a little differently in Six Ages.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
"As in #KoDP, #SixAges advisors have personality. Besides coloring advice, this can now inspire people (i.e. give bonus to relevant choices)." via Twitter.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
HeroCraft just announced that King of Dragon Pass, in the updated iOS version, will be coming to Steam soon. (4th of July most likely)

(though David just reminded me it's not the most up to date iOS version, rather the Android one, which is still somewhere between the GoG version and the iOS one.)

Last edited:

Archibald

Arcane
Wasn't Android version done by some other guys? Maybe they are doing PC "port" too.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
OldSkoolKamikaze : I can't really say. (because I don't know.)

Twitter:

Turning back to the combat system, mostly designed (with new options) but only partly implemented.
Scenes written: 243. Scenes coded: 137. Scenes tested: 0. While the game is not really playable yet, we are starting QA today.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
Jet Wong: will you be licensing the tools for Six Ages? Is there any room for custom stories?

A-Sharp: Be happy to license. And while it is much easier than #KoDP to add content with the new tools, user-created is not a focus now.

Barbarian

Arcane
You know what I would really like? A spiritua sucessor to Darklands. Why so many people never get tired of all the fantasy crap is beyond me.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Serpent in the Staglands may look like it copied part of Darklands artstyle, it really doesn't play anything like Darklands. And it is defenitely fantasy.

Anyway, have been hoping for a sequel to Darklands since getting the original boxed copy. Such an amazing concept and game that felt like it could do with an expansion or sequel to flesh out the lesser parts. Only getting missions for removing spiders from warehouses does tend to get dull after all. What's depressing is how the original (and amazing) manual clearly stated that they wanted to make a series of games out of it. Alas. No great content mods either.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom