Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance Pre-Release Thread [RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
It's actually good news. It means Vavra won't lower his standards, make compromises and release some half-finished mess for no good reason. I don't care when the game comes out, provided it's not a complete vapourware, the only thing that matters is quality.

The only one that can take it as bad news is Vavra himself since he'll have to keep paying his keyboard monkeys a few months more.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
It's actually good news. It means Vavra won't lower his standards, make compromises and release some half-finished mess for no good reason. I don't care when the game comes out, provided it's not a complete vapourware, the only thing that matters is quality.

The only one that can take it as bad news is Vavra himself since he'll have to keep paying his keyboard monkeys a few months more.

Being a libertarian, he doesn't do it because of charity, but because he thinks, his profits will be higher :D

Perkel

Arcane

I like how people paint him as some RPG jesus from footage that at best shows just walking sim with some random thrown mechanics that work poorly.

I root for him because he seems to do something interesting but from concept of something interesting to finishing it is long way and for now we didn't see any vertical slice of how actually game will play. Just some tidbits of systems that are still in developement (aka doesn't work properly yet).

I hope dude don't expect Witcher 2 sales.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

I like how people paint him as some RPG jesus from footage that at best shows just walking sim with some random thrown mechanics that work poorly.

I root for him because he seems to do something interesting but from concept of something interesting to finishing it is long way and for now we didn't see any vertical slice of how actually game will play. Just some tidbits of systems that are still in developement (aka doesn't work properly yet).

I hope dude don't expect Witcher 2 sales.

Visual quality might spur sales. If they improve the models it would be hard for the average bloke not to notice this game.

Vavra has one good game to his credit. Better than nothing i guess. What do we know about the rest of the team?

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I like how people paint him as some RPG jesus
I've never heard people painting Vavra as an RPG jesus. They're interested in the game for the same reason as you - he's trying something original and possibly non-retarded, a sharp deviation from the usual industry fare.

What do we know about the rest of the team?

http://www.warhorsestudios.cz/index.php?page=aboutus&lang=en

Apparently there are also some whizzkids from the AI research department at the Charles University, bringing some academic know-how to gaming. We'll see I guess.

Last edited:

Paul_cz

Arcane
Vavra as RPG jesus...hahaha good one.

This is his first RPG and it is the first AAA RPG from Czechland in general. I think Vavra's biggest inspiration in RPG design comes from Fallout 1/2/NV, but we'll see how the execution works.
People on the team are mix of people from Illusion (Mafia series, Hidden and Dangerous), Vatra (Silent Hill Downpour), Bohemia (Operation Flashpoint), Crytek. Not many RPG devs, but hey, everyone's gotta start somewhere.
The guy who co-founded the company with Vavra (Martin Klima) is a creator of CZ alternative to Dungeons and Dragons though (called Dragon's Lair), he made some RPGs and strategy games, although at Warhorse he is in a more business role I think.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://forum.kingdomcomerpg.com/t/statement-about-the-release-date-discussion/28282

Dear Kingdom Come Deliverance community.

There was a lot of discussions about the release date during the last days, and now we want to go more into detail about the situation.
We at Warhorse Studios decided to postpone the final release date for Kingdom Come: Deliverance to achieve the quality we and our players expect. We want Kingdom Come: Deliverance to be an exceptional RPG and that requires exceptional treatment and polishing. Since the successful Kickstarter campaign, we have listened intently to the opinions of our fans and with the new language packs, we hope to get even more feedback that will help us deliver the best possible gaming experience. We believe that the result will be a great collective project and will be well worth the wait.

It’s always hard to make decisions like these and we are truly sorry if we disappointed some of our loyal fans. A new release date will be announced later this year, but is estimated for 2017. Thank you for your support.

valcik

Arcane
He's trolling you, Rakus' twitter is full of such sarcastic jokes. He just wants to see angered mob storming Vavra's tweet for more fun like this:
omnobVt.jpg

Darkzone

Arcane
Vavra displaying a stoic slavic stubbornness towards a PC integration of POC into a medieval Bohemia is a marvelous sight to behold.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Well the Poles eventually relented and chucked some Middle Easterners in the Hearts of Stone addon. Pulled them straight from their asses just to appease Kwan SJWs since Sapkowski doesn't say anything about no Ofier.

Let's see what kind of spine the Prague dwarf has.

Last edited:

Darkzone

Arcane
Well the Poles eventually relented and chucked some Middle Easterners in the Hearts of Stone addon. Pulled them straight from their asses just to appease Kwan SJWs since Sapkowski doesn't say anything about no Ofier.
Let's see what kind of spine the Prague dwarf has.
That POC was during the reign of PO in polish parliament now they can PIS everybody off.
I hope that his spine will endure this, because in 2017 he will trump this.

Last edited:

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Jissus, that Tauriq Moosa is a knob. I had him on Twitter for a while and the bloke seemed alright. Up until the whole world decided the new fad is to complain about diversity and blame white people for everything. I really hope this fad dies out in the next few years because if I have to listen to yet another privileged white bitch with an iPhone and a sports car funded by daddy tell me I should check my privilege and spend more time listening to Africans, I might just kill myself.

Darkzone

Arcane
Bohemian architecture has some interesting curiosities, like this, from the 19th century:

pDjlqpt.jpg

Meh.
You ain't seen nothing yet.

Bone Chapel (built in the 17th century) | Évora | Portugal :
capa_20393.jpg
chapel-of-bones-portugal.jpg

6297826756_2ac13f1d30_b-640x428.jpg

6363131403_8f38deb3e0_b.jpg

alcantarilha1.jpg

chapel-of-bones-evora.jpg
ossos987.jpg
d-data-hosts-gmc-devfogmcblissapplicationscom-content-content-imagens-capela-dos-ossos-destaques-capela-ossos_635x400.jpg
070_capela_ossos_img_8177.jpg

The encrisption on the entrance says: " We bones that here lie for yours we awiat "

It is true that Capela dos Ossos is nicer than Sedlec Ossuary, but in the Sedlec Ossuary there are around 40k-70k skeletons, while in the Capela dos Ossos are only around 5k.
Btw. The second last picture is from the polish bone chapel. (Kaplica Czaszek w Kudowie-Zdroju), therefore i have a suspicion that there are more pictures that do not belong to Chapela dos Ossos.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom