Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance Pre-Release Thread [RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
One good night of sleep cures alcoholism :)

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
German media reported some detail on the quick save functionality - at first it reads like a joke. To use quick save, you have to drink a shot of Slivowitz ("Savowitz"), which gives you a slight stat boost. But if you quick save too often ("before every dialogue or before every lock"), you get reduced stats from constantly drinking. You can also become an alcoholic and have to cure this by sleeping or potions.
If it were only like this in real life.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
German media reported some detail on the quick save functionality - at first it reads like a joke. To use quick save, you have to drink a shot of Slivowitz ("Savowitz"), which gives you a slight stat boost. But if you quick save too often ("before every dialogue or before every lock"), you get reduced stats from constantly drinking. You can also become an alcoholic and have to cure this by sleeping or potions.
I hate this idea.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I hate this idea.

Why?

Personally, I'm not sure yet. For a few years now I've been thinking the ability to save always, anywhere, in a split second isn't doing games any good. Dark Souls benefited tremendously from an alternative saving system. PLus compared to DS this seems to be pretty benign.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Dark Souls benefited tremendously from an alternative saving system
Because the game is designed in a way that it works.

It works for same and it's pain in the ass for others. The amount of whiners demanding From tweaked the system after DS1 was deafening. They eventually caved and capped monster respawn.

Having to actually think/work as a price for saving will always be painful for the whiners and interesting for others. Implementation is the key. I'll reserve judgement.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
In this it will either not matter or be a pain in the ass. CRPGs are generally the worst games for save restrictions due to all the traditional timesink activities (died, time to loot all barrels again).

In Dark Souls it mainly works because you don't revert to a previous game state, just to a previous visited location.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
In this it will either not matter or be a pain in the ass. CRPGs are generally the worst games for save restrictions due to all the traditional timesink activities (died, time to loot all barrels again).

In Dark Souls it mainly works because you don't revert to a previous game state, just to a previous visited location.

I expect there'll be an autosave system. But I take your point about timesink activities in cRPGs. There are zero of those in DS.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I don't expect it to be anything like anything, really. Maybe like a distant cousin of Skyrim, if Bethesda employees actually had talent, vision, direction and gave a shit.

Paul_cz

Arcane
The moment when Vavra admits no blacksmithing is so hilarious, he is like an unintended comedian the way he says it. Very refreshing honesty though, given the usual PR bullshit fuckers like Sean Murray or Todd Howard trot out.

Beowulf

Arcane
Yeah, they don't talk about some of the problems (just google for videos of the battle scene), but at least they explain what is in, what was left out, and why.

Nice peaty single malts collection in the background as well. Must be good work environment.

Starwars

Arcane
It has promise but I think it's too rough to really gauge if the game is going to be good or not.

One thing, it's going to be a fantastick hitchhiking simulator. It's the best nature I've seen in a game by far. Going into a forest... actually feels like going into a forest. It's impressive.

Gameplay-wise? Really hard to say. You can see the potential in some of it, but it's all too rough.

I still have no idea if they're going to be able to pull of an actual good game in there. I'm kinda skeptical. To me there are warning bells going off about listing things that sound awesome on paper, but I just wonder if they will actually be able to pull out a good *game* from it. But I certainly hope they can deliver.

So how is the beta? Is it fun?
The beta is more like "beta demo", completely unfinished and hasn't been updated in a year. I only used it as a hiking sim, for any gameplay and judgement I am waiting for final version.

So I assume it is not the same beta as seen in this?

Question my seems stupid, but during this stream they many times say that they are playing beta and mentioning its features, like several quests and one battle, so it sounds like this is publicly available beta.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I get the feeling that the beta version is several versions behind. The guy you play as don't even look the same.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom