Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance Pre-Release Thread [RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
You did not want to stay behind the CDP with TW3 and have put one on top of the stack.
Well if the final game is well written, beautiful, with awesome actors and music and completely shitty gameplay it will equal Witcher 3 perfectly in every way.
But then it will have more value for me, because it is set in an historical setting with an approximation towards medieval times and shows the beauty of our culture.

OUR culture? You're a Czech? Didn't you say "you funny speaking Czechs" just a moment ago?

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
You did not want to stay behind the CDP with TW3 and have put one on top of the stack.
Well if the final game is well written, beautiful, with awesome actors and music and completely shitty gameplay it will equal Witcher 3 perfectly in every way.
But then it will have more value for me, because it is set in an historical setting with an approximation towards medieval times and shows the beauty of our culture.

OUR culture? You're a Czech? Didn't you say "you funny speaking Czechs" just a moment ago?
Maybe xir identifies as czech now?

Darkzone

Arcane
Culture has many definitions and tis are dependent on different viewpoints. Here is one definition derived from its etymology:
Edward S. Casey: "The very word culture meant 'place tilled' in Middle English, and the same word goes back to Latin colere, 'to inhabit, care for, till, worship' and cultus, 'A cult, especially a religious one.' To be cultural, to have a culture, is to inhabit a place sufficiently intensive to cultivate it—to be responsible for it, to respond to it, to attend to it caringly.
Sociology defines it different:
Non-material culture refers to the non-physical ideas that individuals have about their culture, including values, belief systems, rules, norms, morals, language, organizations, and institutions, while material culture is the physical evidence of a culture in the objects and architecture they make or have made. The term tends to be relevant only in archeological and anthropological studies, but it specifically means all material evidence which can be attributed to culture, past or present.

Some cultures spans across nations and some nations have more than one culture. But this culture that i speak about is the middle european culture of the late middle ages and it belonged to several nations in 14th and 15th century AD.
This nations were the HRE (Sacrum Imperium Romanum) that inclueds also the Regnum Bohemiae (including Silesia) and Archduchy of Austria, Regnum Poloniae and Regnum Hungariae (can be disputed due to its extend into the balkans, but the core nation of Hungary and the Slovac lands were of same culture as Regnum Bohemiae).

No i'm not Czech, but the czechs didn't invented catholicsm and its values, which was in 1400 the religion of Regnum Bohemiae until the husites wars. Neither did they invented the sacral paintings, sculpturing and architecture (gothic and romanesque) and neither latin and its alphabet and etc. It was an exchange and adaptation across several nations and even several cultures, forming one type of middle european culture. But if you want to divide it further and by other attributes then it is the same culture that east south germany and west south poland had.
So the next time if you look at the Veitsdom or St.Barbara think that this is build by german and czech workers and artisans, but planed by the french and germans imitating the german and french style, especially by the german Parler family. And understand that cultures span sometimes accross several nations, like the west european, nord european, balkan, south european and also the middle european culture.

Edit: Hasty writing results in many spelling errors, which ought to be corrected.

Last edited:

mildTea

Learned
Culture has many definitions and tis are dependend on different viewpoints. Here is one definition dervied from its etymology:
Edward S. Casey: "The very word culture meant 'place tilled' in Middle English, and the same word goes back to Latin colere, 'to inhabit, care for, till, worship' and cultus, 'A cult, especially a religious one.' To be cultural, to have a culture, is to inhabit a place sufficiently intensive to cultivate it—to be responsible for it, to respond to it, to attend to it caringly.
Sociology defines it different:
Non-material culture refers to the non-physical ideas that individuals have about their culture, including values, belief systems, rules, norms, morals, language, organizations, and institutions, while material culture is the physical evidence of a culture in the objects and architecture they make or have made. The term tends to be relevant only in archeological and anthropological studies, but it specifically means all material evidence which can be attributed to culture, past or present.

Some cultures spans across nations and some nations have more than one culture. But this culture that i speak about is the middle european culture of the late middle ages and it belonged to several nations in 14th and 15th century AD.
This nations were the HRE (Sacrum Imperium Romanum) that inclueds also the Regnum Bohemiae (including Silesia) and Archduchy of Austria, Regnum Poloniae and Regnum Hungariae (can be disputed due to its extend into the balkans, but the core nation of Hungary and the Slovac lands were of same culture as Regnum Bohemiae).

No i'm not Czech, but the czechs didn't invented catholicsm and its values, which was in 1400 the religion of Regnum Bohemiae until the husites wars. Neither they did invented the sacral paintings, sculpturing and architecture (gothic and romanesque) and neither latin and its alphabet and etc. It was an exchange and adaptation across several nations and even several cultures, forming one type of middle european culture. But if you want to devide it further and by other attributes then it is the same culture that east south germany and west south poland had.
So the next time if you look at the Veitsdom or St.Barbara think that this is build by german and czech builders and artisans, but planed by the french and germans imitating the german and french style, especially by the german Parler family. And understand that cultures span sometimes accross several nations, like the west european, nord european, balkan, south european and also the middle european culture.

075.jpg

Paul_cz

Arcane
Vavra posted on FB when he was recording with Brian how fucking awesome Brian is. It's great that they managed to get him.
The ingame cutscene looks good. Even Henry looks pretty good. Really hoping they manage to get it in shape before launch.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
To get back to my defence of HEMA and the use of thrusts and full speed techniques - just watch this video from the Slovakian championship:

Look at all those thrusts! Aimed at the throat or head most often. And those cuts are pulled so they don't hurt, but they're not light taps either.

Smejki

Larian Studios, ex-Warhorse
Developer
I don't even know what he's talking about there. I'm working my ass off while some others are Croating!

Starwars

Arcane
So I guess that a release date might be coming soon? Actor videos kinda feels like the hype machine starting up.

SmartCheetah

Arcane
My Polish grandfather had a carpet on his wall, but he used to work for Civic Militia during People's Republic of Poland period. It's a funny story because most of our family was actually Canadian and he thought that communists will look at him with favor for hanging this thing on the wall, lol. And as far as I know, quite a lot of people thought that way.

Nowadays it's totally not a thing. Russian mongrels got a monopoly for that.

Got bored and left

My grandma has a carpet on her wall. But it's got Jesus on it and she's 95, so there's that.

Also, Miechowski isn't squatting with his heels on the ground, Western spy detected.:russia:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom