Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance Pre-Release Thread [RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
If I had a few billions, I'd make that game.

Just out of spite.

Naturally only after I make the game where Adolf Hitler is proven to be the messiah and Jews are space aliens that plot for humanity's downfall.

Butthurt Inc.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron

Dan & Wardawg.

vavra_dogsujxw.png

:brodex:

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

dryan

Arcane
Keep an eye out for social justice enthusiasts: http://imgur.com/WrVnJ0l
Somewhat weak, probably just a troll. True SJ stalwarts are gonna write about this injustice on their blogs and gaming sites.
Hopefully developers will ignore their input.
You mean "ignore beyond putting that option to play as a female rogue in a series of quest as a stretch goal."
As long as the player character is the only one, I think it can be OK. Interesting even.

WhiteGuts

Arcane
Something caught my attention while browsing the KS comments :

One guy asked Warhose this (among other things) :

LOOT-system: Looting the armour of a bandit shouldn’t be a problem but wearing it might confuse peasants in thinking you’re a bandit. Killing a guard and wearing his armour gives you some limited disguise but could also end up betraying that you murderized him. Looting things is something you can do braindead in most fantasy games but should in my opinion have consequences to a certain degree in a game like Kingdome Come: Deliverance where realism is important.

and their answer :

Similar system to what you desribed is already being implemented. People will see what you are wearing and even the state of your clothes (whether you are dirty, blood-spattered etc.) and will act accordingly. Disguises will play significant role in our game.

I think it's a very neat idea. I hope it's implemented to the full extent.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
Something like that is supposed to be in Sui Generis as well. Good.

imweasel

We’re mixing the freedom and mechanics of Skyrim, the setting of Mount and Blade, the storytelling styles of The Witcher and Red Dead Redemption, and the tough combat dynamics of Dark Souls into a single, gorgeous package.
Skyrim mechanics?

No thanks, I'll pass on this one.

Paul_cz

Arcane
We’re mixing the freedom and mechanics of Skyrim, the setting of Mount and Blade, the storytelling styles of The Witcher and Red Dead Redemption, and the tough combat dynamics of Dark Souls into a single, gorgeous package.
Skyrim mechanics?

No thanks, I'll pass on this one.

It is marketing speak for "we are open world and you can explore", the actualy gameplay mechanics are nothing like Skyrim's.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom