Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance Pre-Release Thread [RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

hivemind

Nice update, I'm looking forward to the playable build video. I just hope it has Dan talking in it, he has such a qt accent.

Cadmus

Arcane
This looks so cool! I would really like to see different personalities that would demonstrate themselves through different behaviour in identical situations. The czenglish is so hard to listen to though. And Vavra has a lazy eye. But whatever, it still looks great and I would like to hear more about the content of the game. So far I can only suspect these awesome systems could make for lots of replayability and emergent gameplay, something that Oblivion failed to do although it was also heavily hyped in this regard. Now that I think about it, the video kind of reminds me of the RADIANT AI THE BEST NPC SYSTEM EVER videos I used to watch prior to Oblivion's release, hmmm.

And I agree, why don't you post this as news? The video shows lots of new content for an interesting and apparently quite an anticipated game yet we only see variations on "Chris Avelone talks about his new pet goat" on the News page.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
The czenglish is so hard to listen to though.

Yeah, I wonder if all those Kickstarter projects by non-English speaking devs would be better off with a native speaker presenting the pitch videos and updates. I'm fine with it but I can imagine English speakers would have a hard time understanding some of it.

(although credit where credit is due, all those guys speak very good English)

Cadmus

Arcane
The czenglish is so hard to listen to though.

Yeah, I wonder if all those Kickstarter projects by non-English speaking devs would be better off with a native speaker presenting the pitch videos and updates. I'm fine with it but I can imagine English speakers would have a hard time understanding some of it.

(although credit where credit is due, all those guys speak very good English)
I don't think it's important to have a native speaker. The best thing about these videos is that you get the information from the developers themselves who are passionate about the game and know what they are talking about, it's interesting, informative and doesn't sound like PR bullshit. Look at Larian's or CD Projekt videos, it works perfectly fine and imo even much better than hiring a retard to read an article on camera.

I don't think native speakers have any trouble understanding the speech, either. I find accents from other languages fun to listen to, just not my own, so I don't think anybody but the czechs will have a problem with this. And I bet it's the same for every other language.

On the other hand, I don't think they speak very good english:D

Drax

Arcane
I'm not a native english speaker and I understand him fine enough.
I guess being used to swap between english and gringo english on a daily basis helps. (I still have some issues understanding the londinian "working class" accent though)

Cadmus

Arcane
Have they mentioned whethere there'll be a czech voice acting? It would be awesome, for example in Witcher it was much more preferable to the english one, the slavic language sounds much better in these games.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
Have they mentioned whethere there'll be a czech voice acting? It would be awesome, for example in Witcher it was much more preferable to the english one, the slavic language sounds much better in these games.
They've been very careful with this, circling around with non-answers. My guess is "no". Czech fans will hate them for it, but it's quite clearly very low priority for them. Not sure if it's about money for recording, who knows. So far they confirmed Czech translation of the text (iirc).

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
They've been very careful with this, circling around with non-answers. My guess is "no". Czech fans will hate them for it, but it's quite clearly very low priority for them. Not sure if it's about money for recording, who knows. So far they confirmed Czech translation of the text (iirc).
I seem to recall that the first Mafia was the only game where the Czech VA did not make me contemplate suicide.

Paul_cz

Arcane

There is actually a new video released today in CZ where Dan speaks about CZ voice acting.
Basically, they really want to do it, but because it is complicated affair, they cannot fully confirm it yet (subtitles are confirmed, obviously). The problem is that KCD is an RPG with many hours of dialogues, it is not like your usual game, even long one like Mafia. But he really seemed like they will do their best to do it, and do it well.

dryan

Arcane
I just hope the VA and subtitles languages are independent, so we can choose one for each.

Cadmus

Arcane
I seem to recall that the first Mafia was the only game where the Czech VA did not make me contemplate suicide.
Flashpoint! And Geralt sounded a little stiff but hearing "prdel" and "jebat" was worth it. Basically, it felt like reading a book in the original language instead of a translation.

That dog stretch goal thing at the end of the latest update just killed me. So much unintentional fun.

Same thing here. I was just reading the last update, and they are going on about how special they wanted the 1 million stretch goal to feel since it's so magical, so I am getting anticipation tingles and all. Oh, what could they put in, maybe a larger world, an extra town, more quests? A dog. I burst out laughing involuntarily. Really, Warhorse, really?

Love the game overall and the video updates, but they have the hands down worst (and unintentionally funniest) stretch goals I've seen so far. It's also a silver lining in the game not going all the way up to say 4 million or something like that, if only to prevent them from coming up from more ridiculous stretch goal stuff.

Paul_cz

Arcane
That dog stretch goal thing at the end of the latest update just killed me. So much unintentional fun.

Same thing here. I was just reading the last update, and they are going on about how special they wanted the 1 million stretch goal to feel since it's so magical, so I am getting anticipation tingles and all. Oh, what could they put in, maybe a larger world, an extra town, more quests? A dog. I burst out laughing involuntarily. Really, Warhorse, really?

Love the game overall and the video updates, but they have the hands down worst (and unintentionally funniest) stretch goals I've seen so far. It's also a silver lining in the game not going all the way up to say 4 million or something like that, if only to prevent them from coming up from more ridiculous stretch goal stuff.

People asking for "AWESOME STRETCH GOALS YEAH 111!!!11!" need to realize that this game already has most if its features and content designed (in design document) and only needs it implemented.
They cannot simply add "endless dungeon" or "5 playable races" or "second big city", because they are not in brainstorming "nothing is designed yet" phase.
Especially considering that this is first person AAA cryengine powered game, not a top down RPG.

The stretch goals they selected are great precisely because they are all practical, concrete and fairly simple... and will still enhance the game.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Yeah, I like the fact that they're not breaking the design and scope by adding frivolous things. Like Porky said, it was just the way that the news were delivered.

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I don't think putting a four-legged companion in the game has to be simple. Sure, they could just put him in there and attach a basic follow script. But the possibilities are limitless.
Maybe they can ask Rockstar if they can borrow that IFruit app so you can even train your doggy to not shit on the Welcome carpet of your forge. +M

People asking for "AWESOME STRETCH GOALS YEAH 111!!!11!" need to realize that this game already has most if its features and content designed (in design document) and only needs it implemented.
They cannot simply add "endless dungeon" or "5 playable races" or "second big city", because they are not in brainstorming "nothing is designed yet" phase.
Especially considering that this is first person AAA cryengine powered game, not a top down RPG.

The stretch goals they selected are great precisely because they are all practical, concrete and fairly simple... and will still enhance the game.

Come on, man, you are entering fanboy territory now. As I said, I love the game itself and the update videos, but the stretch goals are a joke, objectively speaking. No one is saying they should change their original design, but it's not as hard as you make it out to be to add additional content within the existing framework. For example, with extra money, they could easily pay level/quest designers/writers to add in more quests or something along those lines. And yes, I understand it's tricky for them with their private investor situation. Or even take a look at their stretch goals. Some quests in the beginning as a female character to appease the politically correct crowd. They could use the same resources to add the same amount of content to the main game. An arena where you can fight against opponents as a separate mode? Why not put that into the game itself and have an in-game tournament?

John_Blazze

Augur
I think they should've put more of that fucking "publisher demo" they streamed here in the main KS pitch.

Seeing the actual game in action (even if the build was old) made me way more interested in it than whatever else they did show before.

Sadly, no character sheet or anything skills related was shown.

Paul_cz

Arcane

Come on, man, you are entering fanboy territory now. As I said, I love the game itself and the update videos, but the stretch goals are a joke, objectively speaking. No one is saying they should change their original design, but it's not as hard as you make it out to be to add additional content within the existing framework. For example, with extra money, they could easily pay level/quest designers/writers to add in more quests or something along those lines. And yes, I understand it's tricky for them with their private investor situation. Or even take a look at their stretch goals. Some quests in the beginning as a female character to appease the politically correct crowd. They could use the same resources to add the same amount of content to the main game. An arena where you can fight against opponents as a separate mode? Why not put that into the game itself and have an in-game tournament?

I don't know, to me a stretch goal of "we will add 10 quests into the game" sounds kinda meaningless, because you have no idea how many quests there will be in total, and they probably don't know yet either (things change, so do design docs). It is better to offer something tangible, even if some people like you will consider it a "joke".

"This Live Event is over"
Fuck.

Livestream is normally accessible on youtube here, btw:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84AiE46erkk

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom