Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance Pre-Release Thread [RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Azazel

Arbiter
People asking for "AWESOME STRETCH GOALS YEAH 111!!!11!" need to realize that this game already has most if its features and content designed (in design document) and only needs it implemented.
They cannot simply add "endless dungeon" or "5 playable races" or "second big city", because they are not in brainstorming "nothing is designed yet" phase.
Especially considering that this is first person AAA cryengine powered game, not a top down RPG.

The stretch goals they selected are great precisely because they are all practical, concrete and fairly simple... and will still enhance the game.

Come on, man, you are entering fanboy territory now. As I said, I love the game itself and the update videos, but the stretch goals are a joke, objectively speaking. No one is saying they should change their original design, but it's not as hard as you make it out to be to add additional content within the existing framework. For example, with extra money, they could easily pay level/quest designers/writers to add in more quests or something along those lines. And yes, I understand it's tricky for them with their private investor situation. Or even take a look at their stretch goals. Some quests in the beginning as a female character to appease the politically correct crowd. They could use the same resources to add the same amount of content to the main game. An arena where you can fight against opponents as a separate mode? Why not put that into the game itself and have an in-game tournament?

Some of us consider the existence of stretch goals to be a joke which risks jeopardizing the design of otherwise promising projects, or turning them into eternal money-milking schemes. *Cough* SC *Cough*. The idea that a studio reigned in the stretch goals instead of making them retarded is refreshing to say the least.

Azazel

Arbiter
Dat hardcore Ye Olde Englishe dialogue.

:yeah:

Also, fuck my coworkers are fucking popamole personified:

I reeeeeally hope there is enough to do to keep this from being a boring sim.
Having nothing supernatural makes me very worried.

Azazel

Arbiter
Dammit, and there goes the awesome.

"We found the dialogue to be a little too much, in the release build it will be more contemporary and less Shakespearean."

Nobody appreciates the immersion created by aliens speaking in clickety-clacks, or period appropriate language in a medieval RPG. Fuck.

WhiteGuts

Arcane
I actually don't like the Ye Olde english dialogue. I find it totally unrealistic that fucking peasants speak like Shakespearian characters.

It could be fine for noblemen and people of high birth, but the small folk should talk more crudely.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I wouldn't mind, hopefully dialogue would go Legacy of Kain instead of, say Two Worlds. Probably too much to ask for.

WhiteGuts

Arcane
That's not really surprising. The combat system is one of the selling points of the game.

Darkzone

Arcane
Everything looks good in this game. I like every update and mostly the update about the agents behavior.
I hope for a Český jazyk voiceover, so i can enjoy the game with a Budějovice or Plzeň beer.
I also hope for Praha and the jews in the Act III. It seams that the Lechit states are on the rise, at least in ARPG.

So greetings to all the Češi: sláva s vámi.
And please Warhorse Studios continue on making this great game, even better than it already is or looks.

hivemind

I'm kinda sad that Dan didn't show up here for the entire duration of the kickstarter campaign.

LivingOne

Savant
They are over 1 milion.So...the dog is in uh...

edit
We are now about to enter the final stretch: the last 24 hours of our campaign. It was a great ride and we want to THANK YOU for taking us along! We’ve received more than 17k comments, 3k personal messages, 5k likes, and most importantly tons and tons of positive support. You are the ones who made this game possible!

It now looks like we are going to burst through the £1m (about US$1.67m) stretch goal and who knows how far we can get before the last whistle. For this last surge we wanted to introduce one last stretch goal. We wanted to add something that makes the game better for all players and something that makes the game special. Our £700k pounds stretch goal was ‘Performance Capture’ and we decided to build on this.

A performance capture is as good as the actors that use it, and in fact many people have already asked which actors might get involved – talent like Sean Bean, Brian Blessed and even John Cleese are often mentioned. We love Sean Bean, especially because of his less known indie medieval movie Black Death, and Brian Blessed was in Dan’s mind when he was writing one of the nobles for the game. Obviously we share these sentiments with our supporters!

We already started talking to different talent agencies and we have a rough idea how much we would need to hire our favorite actors. So, we’re confident that IF we reach our next stretch goal (£1.2m), we will be able to hire at least one high profile actor or actress. In the game, you’d be able to not only hear their voice, but also see their likeness and their acting abilities (thanks to performance capture).

Please note we can’t guarantee locking in specific stars because a lot of variables are at play here, but we won’t short change our fans because it seems we have shared tastes. You can trust we’ll get awesome talent for the game that will take the whole experience up another level!

SerratedBiz

Arcane
Goddamn fanboys. How much money will you waste on a completely banal thing such as Sean Bean? Then you have the nerve to criticize Bethesda for Picard.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I await its arrival on the Steam Sale with open arms.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
just hire michael dorn as a black crusader

Paul_cz

Arcane
I am against celebrity voice acting, unless they can get them cheap. I mean, it can be great - I loved Chloe Moretz, Susan Sarandon or Michael Madsen in Dishonored for example - but in general I prefer more variety of voice actors instead of few celebs. And Sean Bean was already in Oblivion, so..meh.

I do love that CD Projekt picked and got Charles Dance for Emhyr Var Emreis though. That is some awesome casting, famous or not.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I am against celebrity voice acting, unless they can get them cheap.

It's always better to get things cheaper rather than not and yes, it would be more of a gimmick than anything else.

The real value would be in Bean's name raising the profile of the game, especially if the marketing shamans managed to tie KC to ASoIaF in some improbable way. Without that, the great Brian Blessed would be the clearly superior choice.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
I am against celebrity voice acting, unless they can get them cheap.

It's always better to get things cheaper rather than not and yes, it would be more of a gimmick than anything else.

The real value would be in Bean's name raising the profile of the game, especially if the marketing shamans managed to tie KC to ASoIaF in some improbable way. Without that, the great Brian Blessed would be the clearly superior choice.
Celebrity actors charge very different rates for voice acting depending on if you use their name to promote the product or not. They're not that much more expensive than no-name professional actors if you just want the voice and just bury the name deep in the credits list.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom