Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
So, since you kids have now played it, how are the rpg elements? Good like in Arcanum, or almost non-existent like in the other console games you kids like?

Aphex81

Scholar
Jesus Christ that Warband trailer without the music is pathetic. I was just waiting for that 2d hairdo to pop off and kill someone with its awfullness.

Elex

Arbiter
There's even evidence jeanne d'arc survived, she escaped to Wallonie, led a mercenary band and finally wed a local lord and had kids.

You got it all wrong. According to recent research conducted by Gender Studies faculcy, she in fact wed a local lady. Then adopted some kids from Somali. Warhorse should stop pretending they don't know it.

In fact, one of the reasons he developed the game was because he believed it was ‘historically accurate’ to not have any non-white characters anywhere, which is provably false given that medieval life was a melting pot of different races.
The Journal of Medieval and Early Modern Studies published a paper on it, on how pointless it was to compare modern concepts of race to medieval notions of ethnicity.

http://metro.co.uk/2018/02/12/games...s-racing-3-and-fire-emblem-on-switch-7305167/

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

Inziladun

Magister
So, since you kids have now played it, how are the rpg elements? Good like in Arcanum, or almost non-existent like in the other console games you kids like?

They're pretty good. Seems like most of the choice revolves around HOW you complete things, ala Deus Ex style. But with additional RPG elements added in. There's also a lot of the game you'll likely end up missing. But the whole "THE WORLD GOES ON WITHOUT YOU" narrative seems a bit overblown so far. Still hardly into the game but just my observation thus far.

Ex. Need to get something from person A.
Options:
1. Persuade A to give you item
-------------a. Bribe A to give you item.
-------------b. Threaten A to give you item.
2. Break into A's home to steal item
3. Kill A, take key, take item
4. Pickpocket A, take key, take item.
------------a. Wait for A to get drunk for easier pickpocketing
------------b. Poison A for easier pickpocketing

Last edited:

Tigranes

Arcane
My not particularly great rig is getting 40-50fps on a mix of high/very highish settings. That's playable for me.

There is a bit of jankiness but hey, that's CRPGs for you. The down to earth historical aesthetic is fantastic, and the writing is done nicely as well in the tutorial intro - no over the top bullshit, just a blacksmith's son who throws manure at the fucking Deutsch.

Looks like it'll take me a little time to get the hang of combat, learning the signals. At the start couldn't make heads of tails of it and the drunk fuck kept doing judo moves on me.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Why are there so many named NPCs if every single one of them says the same damn thing, just put them in the bin with the same generic title ''Town Folk, Citizen'' and all that crap so I don't have to suffer through the loading dialogue screen hoping they would say something interesting or give me a quest. It's messing with my brain knowing that If I won't talk with these characters I'm going to miss quests but it's also a huge time waster, makes me sick!

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
This game is practically a schoolbook in Medieval society history. Very impressive.
uu2Y6RK.jpg

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
There are games like Ys Origin which create emergency back-up saves on crashes and allow you to pick up where you left off immediately after starting the game again despite the game also mainly relying on save points. I'd find it hard to believe that the game worked fine on their PC for all these bugs to remain in the release version, and if you can't fix everything, you could at the very least implement an emergency save system of some sort to alleviate the pain of losing progress because of a technical issue.

Dexter

Arcane
Talking about time limitations, I'm currently replaying Fallout for the first time this decade. Damn, I forgot what a wonderful mess it was. Crashes, fucked up dialogue trees, quests that can't be finished... or activated, projectiles that hover in the air before moving towards the target... My current playthrough isn't bad, I only hit a few dialogues in which the interlocutor assumed I knew something I didn't, but I remember the first time I played it wasn't such a smooth experience. And yet it ended up to be one of my favourite games of all time.
Sounds like a janky piece of shit to me, LOLOL with all these apologist SHILLS, it's not everyone's fault that you like janky AmeriSHIT! [Insert gif of that rare bug that appears if you go out specifically looking for it to show that the game is indeed shit and at the same time indicate the cleverness and wit of the poster]

the enemy spoke Hungarian.
:argh:

Perkel

Arcane
Looks like people didn't buy into "reviewers say game is shit" for both sales and public response.

Global:

kZ2OTzf.jpg

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck

They're pretty good. Seems like most of the choice revolves around HOW you complete things, ala Deus Ex style. But with additional RPG elements added in. There's also a lot of the game you'll likely end up missing. But the whole "THE WORLD GOES ON WITHOUT YOU" narrative seems a bit overblown so far. Still hardly into the game but just my observation thus far.

Options:

How are the rpg mechanics? How is character generation, character building, itemization?

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Guise, important question so listen up you dumb fucks. How does Youtube works?

I left a comment on the ACG video through my dummy account, it got upvoted, ended up as one of the top comments. But then I added something unflattering about the ACG dude and now I can only see that comment while I'm logged in my dummy account. If I log into any other account or log out completely it's not there.

Do any of you run a Youtube channel? Is "shadow banning" a thing?

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
I have 50-75 fps generally (i5 4460, gtx970, 8gb ram) on high settings, but unfortunately every now and again the game just freezes for a few seconds, often repeatedly. Did not happen during the horse chase fortunately, but eh.
Seems to have no obvious cause either, no options (even object distance) make any difference there. I can't tell if it's culling or streaming related or what.

Combat has combos you can learn to cause specific actions like a pommel strike or getting around the opponent's guard. Sadly I find the directional stuff awkward here because your sword is not pointed towards the enemy unless you are trying to thrust... So instead of easily seeing the sword pointed slightly to the left of the enemy for a cut from that direction or whatever, you have to either watch the annoying directional crosshair thing (stupid as I'm trying to keep tabs on the foe's weapon) or look to the side of the screen where your sword is. Both you and opponents usually leave yourself way open to attack with the way the weapon and body is positioned. You'll be in kissing distance of the other guy and he's doing some weird guard or whatever that puts his weapon way out to the side where you and your weapon is not :D

Oh well. Make sure to check your char menu to select perks as you level up your various aspects... You get perk points.

And I remember seeing comments from people elsewhere who could not figure out how to eat... The U.I. tells you in the inventory (at the bottom left iirc) what to press to do whatever actions you can do with the item you have selected. Eating something requires a short hold of the "e" button on pc, so I guess morons were just tapping it instead.

So far interesting game, but I'll have to figure out how to fix the random short freezing that I get. Basically frames go from 72 to zero for no apparent reason.

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
Managed to beat Capon at both archery and swordplay. :smug:
Console footage made both look very difficult, but I find both to be rather easy so far.

I also found some ruins with a footlocker that contained, among others, 200 groschen, a war hammer and a gambeson. Nice!

Ooh, where?

In a ruined house west of Rattay, near where you have to set up bird traps for the nightingales quest.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Interesting - it appears you can dress as a soldier in a stronghold with probably a 50-80 men guard, and you won't be recognized as an impostor by other guardsmen. They simply pass you buy. I guess a Hitman-like cover system is too much to ask for, but it looks funny.

Looks like people didn't buy into "reviewers say game is shit" for both sales and public response.

Global:

kZ2OTzf.jpg
Actually, the reviews seem fine, according to Metacritic. There are few shit reviews they have taken into account for their metacritic score.

Inziladun

Magister

Options:

How are the rpg mechanics? How is character generation, character building, itemization?

Skills are increased the more you use them, similar to Elder Scrolls games, but better. Get into a few fist fights and see "hand to hand improved" pop up on the screen. The game also has a Base character level that acts more as a tracker of progress than an actual character progression. However in addition to that there are certain traits you can get once you improve your skill to a certain level. For example improve your Charisma to level 2 and you can unlock a trait called "Manly Odor", improves your talking to the ladies by a certain percentage but lowers your stealth.The game does a really good job pairing positives with negatives in the trait tree, encouraging specialized gameplay and preventing you from just being good at everything.

Equipment makes sense and you dress in layers. Wear plate without a Gambeson underneath, and you take more damage. Plate is worse vs. Piercing, ect. Equipment isn't hard to find per se, but isn't easy either. Most bandits you kill will have something, but after a few it's not exactly an upgrade. Things also suffer wear and tear and get dirty so frequent baths and clothe washings is a thing.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Interesting - it appears you can dress as a soldier in a stronghold with probably a 50-80 men guard, and you won't be recognized as an impostor by other guardsmen. They simply pass you buy. I guess a Hitman-like cover system is too much to ask for, but it looks funny.

The system is somewhat complex though, your conspicuousness matters a lot, not just your disguise... If you have a low level of that, people just kind of ignore you even if they see you unless you do something to really draw attention to yourself and there's perks for it as well.
Otherwise you may have to have your face covered if you wear armor/colors for infiltration purposes.
And there's other stuff that influences it as well iirc. Haven't really tried it myself though.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
So whom of you wishes to buy me this game so I may judge it before paying as I dislike buying a pig in sack? I can gift Half-Life 2 in return. Hell I'll be generous and throw HL2 Episode 1 on top of it too.

It's kinda steal to be honest. Nearly 2 full game's worth of content for one.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom