Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance Pre-Release Thread [RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
You selected
Pledge £25 or more
8048 backers

============================ BARON (digital)

Aw yiss, I know what I'm doing tonight.

:rage:

I'm fucking five bucks short. :outrage:

What? It could be like Gothic/2 sequel done right, how's that not a Codex thing.

There are orcs, dragons and magics in Gothic. Nuff said.

Yeah, theres a very outspoken turn based fanbase here, but I've noticed that real time action combat done right is (secretly) beloved here: Gothic 1 and 2, Dark Souls, etc.

Kaldurenik

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I have no idea what im doing on their website. Got the e-mail went to their website, had to make a new account because i dont use facebook, Looks like i have the same pledge as on kickstarter anyway. But i cant do or select anything other then upgrade, i dont get any code or anything either :(

Edit: Ok read some on their forum and i guess its because im a KS backer that its broken... I guess i will have to wait abit.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
SteamDB: https://steamdb.info/app/286860/subs/
Steam Community Hub: https://steamcommunity.com/app/286860/

1024x0.resizedimage

Dat patriarchy

Paul_cz

Arcane
Archery is.
I am just downloading, there was some snafu with my code by all ok now.

Wizfall

Cipher
The other thing is that he was kinda clumsy when he had to debate about turn-based vs real-time...etc on the Codex. So people bandwagoned against him almost instantly.
More than clumsy.
I understand people who like better real time/reflex skill combat cRPG than TB/stats based.
But the dude almost claimed TB cRPG was an uninteresting thing of the past for retarded nostalgic people and that simulation/action combat was the only way for cRPG.
Cool and open guy :bounce:

SophosTheWise

Cipher
Just played it for a half an hour. Pretty much what I expected. There's no point, however, in already previewing the game since there's barely anything there. What I really like about the world building though is how realistic it feels, compared to other 3D-RPGs. Especially because the playable area is a really small village but feels - in game relations - quite big. Game runs okay for me, getting 38-45 FPS with very high settings and I only had one crash, which is not bad for a 0.1 alpha version. Writing and AI is very clumsy as for now, but everything at least looks pretty cool. Music is waaay too epic.

Couldn't play the archery stuff because it was bugged for me and I couldn't give the guy any money to get a bow. Ah well, will try it later.

Drax

Arcane
I've been reading their "forum" and I must admit that I can't help but read every single one of Daniel Vavra's messages with the voice of Nico Bellic's cousing...
Titties!

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
The other thing is that he was kinda clumsy when he had to debate about turn-based vs real-time...etc on the Codex. So people bandwagoned against him almost instantly.
More than clumsy.
I understand people who like better real time/reflex skill combat cRPG than TB/stats based.
But the dude almost claimed TB cRPG was an uninteresting thing of the past for retarded nostalgic people and that simulation/action combat was the only way for cRPG.
Cool and open guy :bounce:

Well, Avellone is a retard too but he is still good at what he does (or at least some aspects of what he does, namely the writing i guess). I think a lot of people expect developers to have perfect knowledge of every aspect of gaming where as many times its just people who have spend a lot of time getting good at some particular thing while remaining ignorant about a great deal of stuff. It is only Codexers who know everything because they spend all their time experiencing the games instead of making them.

Last edited:

Paul_cz

Arcane
Proper stream here:

The sound issues get fixed, and then they become insane. This was one of the most entertaining streams I have ever seen, although large part of that was the chat.

Last edited by a moderator:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
The attention to detail and authenticity in the evironments is terrific. The rest so far remains a 'wait and see' game.
Well that was pretty much given because if Vavra is really good at something it's detail and authenticity. But the real test that'll make or break the game will be the combat, questing and character development. And I don't expect those before the winter's end.

Leonorai

Novice
Got a hold of the alpha. Game runs just fine here and looks quite pleasing.

Most realistic looking landscapes/housing/flora i've seen in a game so far. The NPC's though give me that mentally handicapped vibe and yes i'm aware it's still in development.

Lots of attention to detail as expected. I'm personally very pleased with how it's going.

I too would have preferred third person, but i'm definitely not going to go on a retarded rant about it and overanalyze the fact that the game's not just "click to unlock, click to craft".

I mean seriously, get some mental help you imbecile, even if your post is now a few pages back.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
The thing that struck me the most while watching some videos about this alpha was the fact how very european the environment looked. I got this strong feeling of "Yeah, that is how some places still look in here!" (Not really meaning the architecture but rather the plants, hills, woods, brooks etc).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom