Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix Kingdom Hearts 3 - Announced for Xbox One and PS4

Nugs

Learned
Probated
Where is muh Kingdom Hearts 3 threadu? :desu:

Never forget

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I actually really liked the first game (hey, I was a lot younger when it was first released more than a decade ago now), as exploring various Disney universes from my childhood was p. neat and the gameplay wasn't too bad, but for the life of me I cannot get into any of the games past that first one. The second one bored the ever living shit out of me, with many of its worlds being small and corridor-ish, and most of its boss battles being 'DODGE UNTIL THE PRESS 'X' BUTTON PROMPT POPS UP!' crap.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I actually really liked the first game (hey, I was a lot younger when it was first released more than a decade ago now), as exploring various Disney universes from my childhood was p. neat and the gameplay wasn't too bad, but for the life of me I cannot get into any of the games past that first one. The second one bored the ever living shit out of me, with many of its worlds being small and corridor-ish, and most of its boss battles being 'DODGE UNTIL THE PRESS 'X' BUTTON PROMPT POPS UP!' crap.

The first one was definitely the best. I think that Square decided to make the ones after that a incomprehensible mess for the roofles.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Problem is Square did the same thing it does with any of its successful games (See: The Complication Compilation of Final Fantasy VII): raped the fuck out of it with various prequels, sequels and interquels that turn a relatively straightforward story into this gigantic tangled mess of interconnected story lines and events that stick to the events of the original game like a tumor.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

:yeah:

I'm amazed, square is sticking to same gameplay elements and same lore. Dis gon b gud.

Forget final fantasy 15 abortion, this is the game to play, muh keybraduuuu

Last edited:

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It's not hard sticking to your guns, when your guns has sold each time you used it. After like 9 spin-offs people haven't felt Kingdom Hearts fatigue yet.

Jesus H Christ.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
i just watched this trailer right now. i also watched the entire new season of Full House on NetFlix.

i'm going to need an entire bottle of xanax and rum to erase the amount of shit my brain processed today.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
kingdom-hearts-iii-1-8.jpg

KH3_03re.jpg

KH3_01re.jpg

Riskbreaker

At least it looks decent-ish. Gotta put some effort into those resources, if you're gonna recycle them for the next 10 or so years in 10 or so sequels and cheap spin-offs.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
KH has some beautifull music, the quality and production values are of highest order, can't wait to see the KH3 ost

Perkel

Arcane
Hard to give a shit about KH3 when you actually played KH1 and 2 and you can't fucking understand how someone can write something like this.

Duraframe300

Arcane
Hard to give a shit about KH3 when you actually played KH1 and 2 and you can't fucking understand how someone can write something like this.

Isolated, I'd say KH1 is actually pretty ok. Nothing complicated, decently put together even if it got a bit shit towards the end.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
No one plays Kingdom Hearts for the plot anyway. You play it for the gameplay and childhood nostalgia. Can't fukken wait for Kingdom Hearts 3.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
No one plays Kingdom Hearts for the plot anyway. You play it for the gameplay and childhood nostalgia. Can't fukken wait for Kingdom Hearts 3.

Playing Kingdom Hearts kind of feels like playing Dark Souls lite version, and that's a good thing.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Kingdom Hearts is a game that kinda punches above its weight class. By all accounts it should be an utter disaster if you look at it on paper (A spinoff Final Fantasy game that crosses over with Disney so that bishounen anime kids kick ass with Donald and Goofy? This reads like a bad fanfic), but the crossover actually works, the combat is great, and the soundtrack is really good. As I said earlier in the thread, Kingdom Hearts 2 is the point where the overarching plot starts getting overly-elaborate and complicated due to dozens of various spinoff games that are all equally important to the understanding of the story.

---

Arcane
DECEMBER 2016 WORLDWIDE

This is a collection that will include KH 3D HD, KH BbS 0.2 (an entire new game, though it will be probably a sort of demo/preview of the mechanics that will be in KH3) and KHχ: Back Cover, a mini-movie.
Can't wait :bounce:

PS: love the music of this fucking series :incline:

---

Arcane
Kingdom Hearts 3 Is Coming Along Steadily – Tetsuya Nomura
Hopefully we actually see it next year.

Although all Kingdom Hearts related discussion and promotion has shifted to the upcoming Kingdom Hearts 2.8 HD as far as Square Enix is concerned, fans shouldn’t be worried about the sudden radio silence on Kingdom Hearts 3. In a recent message by series creator and director Tetsuya Nomura (translated by Goldpanner), Nomura assured fans that development on the game is coming along steadily.

“The other game we are working on, Kingdom Hearts 3, is coming along steadily. There are new worlds in which you can run, jump… I’m very excited about moving Sora around in the wider space with his higher range of maneuverability,” Nomura said.

Kingdom Hearts 3 is currently slated for a release on Xbox One and PS4. While no official release window has been confirmed or even hinted at, it is widely expected to launch some time in 2017. For now, Kingdom Hearts fans will have to content themselves with Kingdom Hearts 2.8 HD.

--- http://gamingbolt.com/kingdom-hearts-3-is-coming-along-steadily-tetsuya-nomura

Adon

Arcane
Kingdom Hearts is a game that kinda punches above its weight class. By all accounts it should be an utter disaster if you look at it on paper (A spinoff Final Fantasy game that crosses over with Disney so that bishounen anime kids kick ass with Donald and Goofy? This reads like a bad fanfic), but the crossover actually works, the combat is great, and the soundtrack is really good. As I said earlier in the thread, Kingdom Hearts 2 is the point where the overarching plot starts getting overly-elaborate and complicated due to dozens of various spinoff games that are all equally important to the understanding of the story.

Nah, I'd say BBS reached that point, if not the 3DS game for sure. Once they went into prequel territory and introduced all these aspects that barely gel with the original games (including time-travel apparently??), it's when it went into full retardo mode with the lore. I'm also saddened to say to I know that plenty of people obsess over it as if it were a Metal Gear game.

With KH2 you only had CoM which was otherwise basically skippable.

Neki

Scholar
Does it have romances?
A Mickey,Donald, Sora and Pluto foursome would be an awsome feature:M

---

Arcane
Super collection (1.5+2.5, previously published on PS3) incoming on PS4 (March 28) - about two months after the 2.8 edition (January 24).

Source

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom