Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix Kingdom Hearts 3 - Announced for Xbox One and PS4

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Super collection (1.5+2.5, previously published on PS3) incoming on PS4 (March 28) - about two months after the 2.8 edition (January 24).

Source
Polygon? Really? Not even on an archive link, tsk tsk.

But anyone with a brain would've called that, SE is never one to miss out on a cash-in.

---

Arcane
New pics from KH III

cvybvcyusaaxvrs_jpg_1400x0_q85.jpg

cvyc-uxumaao9j4_jpg_1400x0_q85.jpg

The first one should be the "Guard form" (that thing is a shield), while the second one should be the "Valor form".
There's a white light in the second pic because it shows a peculiar attack from a world that they still didn't announce (this is more or less the explanation they gave...).

---

Arcane
Bretty gud :kingcomrade:

Also...

DCBH_PmU0AAlBTH.jpg:large
Too much trailers in a few time. I think that the release date announcement will come soon :cool:

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I started the series when i was 12 years old, and played all the games except the mobile ones. i am probably gonna get this one day just for completing old fucking dangling thread in my life. I dont care anymore about the story, but KH usually has great flashy combat that makes me giggle out of the bright light.

jungl

Augur
this franchise was dead to me after this first game. They made it way too casual with combat easier then dynasty warrior games. Also the story is retarded.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron

no!!! can't get hyped!! can't get. . . over. . .hype. . .d

disappointment will probably follow. . .

c'mon hobo, you're not 15 anymore. the world is dark and full of terror

noooo

noooooo

noooooo

mogwaimon

Magister
this franchise was dead to me after this first game. They made it way too casual with combat easier then dynasty warrior games. Also the story is retarded.

The combat in 2 is really at its best when you're doing the optional content in the Final Mix version on Critical mode. Hell, Critical/Proud mode is the only way to play these games, otherwise they're too easy.

no!!! can't get hyped!! can't get. . . over. . .hype. . .d

disappointment will probably follow. . .

c'mon hobo, you're not 15 anymore. the world is dark and full of terror

noooo

noooooo

noooooo

Having felt that KH2 made for a sensible conclusion to the series and that Square probably couldn't make another great KH game, I've been able to maintain a safe attitude of apathy when it comes to KH3. After the Toy Story reveal, I'm in the same boat you are.

Now if only they manage to get Darth Vader as the secret Sephiroth tier boss that would push me right over the edge.

---

Arcane
And even on critical mode they are piss easy.
Only the sub-bosses can be hard to beat, sometimes.

mogwaimon

Magister
And even on critical mode they are piss easy.
Only the sub-bosses can be hard to beat, sometimes.

I find that, at least in my replays of KH1, I have the most trouble against Clayton because of his bullshit 1-hit kill hitscan bullets and sometimes Cerberus. I always take sword and ditch shield though, so perhaps the lack of defense in the early game is what contributes to that.

Conversely, I have almost no trouble against Sephiroth and the other KH1 optional bosses (By endgame I'm usually level 60-70), to the point where I once pissed off a friend because he was having trouble beating him on Normal and I told him it wasn't that difficult if you practiced, at which point he said it was so I did a quick run of the boss right there to show him. I mean my first playthrough it took me quite a few tries to get the fight down but now it's easy as shit.

I haven't revisited KH2FM in like 6-7 years but I bet I'd still have trouble with Chaser/Terra after all this time, though. The level 99 Org XIII fights and Chaser were pretty tough at least. Haven't played DDD yet but I hear that has a few tough fights too.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

There's a theme song trailer and some info posted online, but I'm looking at football right now.

Vorark

Erudite
Truly a top quality edit. :salute:

Relevant news here: https://techraptor.net/content/kingdom-hearts-3s-winnie-the-pooh-might-be-censored-in-china

In the past week, a Kingdom Hearts 3 trailer surfaced online that heavily featured Pooh and friends in a mini-game setting as well as one of Sora’s attacks. While the trailer seemed innocent enough, it was not suitable for Chinese audiences and press stills have surfaced on Chinese gaming site A9VG.com with extremely obvious edits removing Winnie-The-Pooh from the image. It is also worth noting that some images of Pooh weren’t scrubbed, possibly suggesting that these edits were made outside of developer Square-Enix’s control.

0bcd3b4d-f4dc-486e-832d-2a3e54af78e1.jpeg

Pooh Bear is too hot for China

While no official statement has been made by the games publisher and developer Square-Enix it's not too much of a stretch to believe that this version of Winnie-The-Pooh just might end up censored from the game in some capacity in order to appease the Chinese government. You can view the uncensored trailer below…unless you’re in China.

Terra

Cipher
Christ almighty. First it was anime tits, now it's a fictitious bear. What's next?

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
oh god that opening music was shit, still is shit. i like simple and clean and sanctuary, this is just garbage weaboo dubstep with skillrex, the rapist of art

Duraframe300

Arcane
Recently replayed the entire series (and finally really went past the second). Played both Chain of Memories and 356/2 days before the second. I know people say you should play 356/2 days after the second, but fuck that. Watching days first removes a shitload of annoyances I had with the storytelling in KH2. At least the charachters and their relationships finally made sense (And no KH2 did an absolute shit job at portraying/explaining those).

All in all I enjoyed my time well enough until the end of 2.... And then came the Osaka games. And honestly, while KH and KH2 had their flaws, they were both two very well designed games. BBS+... weren't. Lots of additional grinding, lots of gameplay elements that were annoying rather than enjoyable and the list goes on. Not to mention the amateur, overcomplicated storytelling has been turned up to eleven.

Meh. I don't have high hopes for KH3 to be honest.

Last edited:

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
the 1st part of the trailer was shit due to music, but 2nd part of the trailer was decent.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom