Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Kingdom Under Fire II

Dim

Not sure if advertising plant?

Is it any good? What about as a non mmorpg game?

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Is it any good? What about as a non mmorpg game?
The first games were good but were console only, so I got too annoyed at playing RTS mode with a controller.

No idea if this sequel is good, it's not released yet. It looks pretty similar to the prequels though.

Martius

Liturgist
Its a bit strange how franchise can change warcraft clone to something like that.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Its a bit strange how franchise can change warcraft clone to something like that.
Huh. Kingdom under fire 1 was a dynasty warriors clone + rts mode for the original xbox. This one seems about the same, except it allows teaming up with 3 other players. However I half expect shitty tier content, probably in the form of linear corridory maps.

Martius

Liturgist
Huh. Kingdom under fire 1 was a dynasty warriors clone + rts mode for the original xbox. This one seems about the same, except it allows teaming up with 3 other players. However I half expect shitty tier content, probably in the form of linear corridory maps.
7590772.3.jpg

So how I should call this badboy? Kingdom under fire zero? I think it was released few years before game you are talking about on xbox. Hm, on wikipedia page it says full title is KUF: War of Heroes. My copy cover looks just like this picture.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
This game is so long in development I doubt we see it before next consoles. Until some miracle happen and it will appear, with Last Guardian, together.

80Maxwell08

Arcane
7590772.3.jpg

So how I should call this badboy? Kingdom under fire zero? I think it was released few years before game you are talking about on xbox. Hm, on wikipedia page it says full title is KUF: War of Heroes. My copy cover looks just like this picture.
No you are right that's the first game. The Xbox games came later then Circle of Doom for the 360 was made (which was boring) and now we are getting this whenever they finish it. The MMO and free to play part depresses me already along with the news of the PS4 exclusive character. A shame since I loved the xbox games.

Last edited:

Old Hans

Arcane
I'm playing the open beta right now. Nice animations, art direction is pretty decent. standard Asian hub world with instance battles. Although there are some open world areas but nothing special.

uses a fatigue system that decreases every time you do the battle maps. Once it runs out you stop getting drops and hero exp until it refills the next day. This really sucks when you have quests to get items from a map. Although you can still level up troops.

Troops control is decent. Its like controlling units in total war. I have 2 units at level 18. There seem to be a lot of ungrade paths for units.

The engine is OK. It can have a ton of troops in a map, but the game is fucking blurry. the UI is super blurry even at 1080. The graphics options consist of 6 generic settings which is awful. Outside of a few feet from your character, the ground textures are REALLY low res with no way to use any kind of Anisotropic filtering. So basically everything about the look of the game just feels out of focus.

The worst part is the English translation..so far. Its so fucking bad and lame. Soooo bad

oscar

Arcane
Dynasty warriors+ clone?

I played the xbox version almost a decade ago and thought that Dynasty Warriors should have morphed into something like this series rather than soldiers being mere props for you to whack on.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom