Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

King's Field Additional I & II

Puck Man

Novice
These games kind of got me into the Wizardry franchise. So I thought I'd make a post here just incase anyone isn't familiar with them.
They're made by From Software and they're kind of like a mix of King's Field and Wizardry. The dungeons are all 2D backgrounds so movement is like the SNES versions of Wizardry or even Prisoners of the Battles. You don't get a party, it's just your lonesome self traversing the dungeon.

c81b00d5.jpg

51MW0R0MNGL.jpg
8tnu01000001050k.jpg

8tnu0100000106ap.jpg
8tnu01000001050n.jpg

2010061204.jpg
smile

I always wanted to try to emulate them on pc. how difficult they are if i don't understand moonspeak?

Exhuminator

Arcane
These are interesting experiences, but I found them to be pretty disingenuous insofar as being true King's Field games. They are as you said; more in line with Wizardry. I thought they looked interesting enough when I gave them a try, but being in Japanese was a turn off personally. If these games were ever fan translated I'm sure I'd play through them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom