Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Knight of the chalice (Ironman) Let's play in video

Waterd

Augur
I Want to do a Let's play for Knights of the chalice which will be a stream (Which I will save in vods). They will have commentary. Though I'm not an expert at commentary and my english is mediocre (and my mic is meh)

It wil be Ironman after the first 30 minutes. If I die in the first 30 minutes (something likely given how high variance the first fight of the game is), i will restart until I have 30 minutes of VOD at least.

-Ironman
-Campfires have only 1 use per game (Once I use a specific Campfire I'll pretend it's deleted from the game)
-No Crafting
-No learning from scrolls. (they can still be used)
-NPC clerics healing can only be used on chars with permanent negative effects (effects that can't be removed by sleeping)
-NPC clerics infinite stack of scrolls will only sell one scroll for the following 3 spells: Cure Light wounds, Cure moderate wounds, Cure serious wounds.
-NPC only buy Gems and Magical items.
-No rerolls on Character creation.

The main reason I post here is that I don't want to Create my party but want a team given to me. I've already tried this challenge with a "powergamer" party, and I know it's quite possible.

So what I ask, is for people to post parties, and I will create a party that is a combination of the most common features.
So here is a list of different possible builds and assigned in a tier list. The higher in the tier list, the better the chance the run is longer.
With Tier A, I almost guarantee to finish the run if I survive the first fight, with tier B, I might or might not, With tier C, I'll need some miracles. Tier D: These are Kind of Joke builds, but if people really want it...
If there are options separated by / Symbol, it's up to you to choose. (for example for Two handed greatsword/Greataxe, choose if its greatsword or great axe.)

In the case of Knights, I will prioritize the weapon and fighting style feats. However I'm allowed to Pick Another weapon feats once I max The main weapon.

In case of Clerics and wizards. I will prioritize maximizing their schools and picking spells of their schools. Only pick Spells of other schools if I have no other option.

Knights:
Tier A: Two handed (Greatsword/GreatAxe), Shield and Weapon (Longsword)
Tier B: Two handed ( Halberd/Heavy Flail/Scyrthe/Trident) - Shield and weapon: (Battle Axe/Flail/Warhammer/Bastard Sword) - Two weapon Fight (Light Hammer/Shortsword) - Archer (Longbow)
Tier C: Two Handed ( GreatClub/Falchion), Shield and weapon (Heavy Pick/Scimitar), Two weapon Fight (Handaxe/Kukri/Light Pick)
Tier D: Unarmed Grappler

Cleric:
Tier A: Conjurer
Tier B: Combat cleric (focus on self buffs), Abjurer
Tier C: Evoker, Necromancer

Wizard:
Tier A: Invoker AOE, Enchanter.
Tier B: Transmuter, Necromancer
Tier C: Magic Touch Attack (only pick touch attack spells), Conjurer (Non Invocation/Enchantment, Transmuting and necromancer spells)

Feel free to suggest names, And Race/Gender/color if you care, but it's not necessary.

Also there are 3 optional rules you may tip in, but it's not necessary.

1. Should I reroll very low or very high rolls to reduce variance? like if roll below 75 points of stats or above 85?

2. Random world map encounters on or off? Notice that I actually thing ON makes the game easier, as it allows me to maximize XP for each rest. However Sometimes it can work against me, making travel between points a little more expensive.
If I have this on, I will remove the option to run away (otherwise it just makes things straight up easier).

3. Random monsters in dungeons?. Similar note that point 2, it tends to make the runs easier, even more than 2, but occasionally can put me in weird spots.

That's it, thanks, I hope there are a few intersted enough to help me build my party :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom