Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline KotC (Knights of the Chalice) is awesome

overtenemy

Augur
Can anyone be more specific on how to trigger the fight? I beat KotC a while ago and just booted it up again to try to trigger this, but nothing. I've killed the Lich, returned the Chalice, beaten the main quest and talked to the lord in that town to confirm. Nothing happens when I talk to the head knight. What specifically needs to be done?

torpid

Liturgist
Blackadder said:
Good to see another convert.

If only people listened to Blackadder more often...

old-man-with-cane1.jpg

;)

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
overtenemy said:
Can anyone be more specific on how to trigger the fight? I beat KotC a while ago and just booted it up again to try to trigger this, but nothing. I've killed the Lich, returned the Chalice, beaten the main quest and talked to the lord in that town to confirm. Nothing happens when I talk to the head knight. What specifically needs to be done?
Try leaving the castle.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Fowyr said:
overtenemy said:
Try leaving the castle.
And remember to finish all "optional quests" - not only lich tower but the town where people have gone "mad" because of a dragon (iirc) is probably needed to trigger the final final fight. It is possible i remember it wrong (or its from another game :D).

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
:necro:

I finally found some time to play KoTC.
I played it without crafting (with 2 fighters, 1 cleric, 1 mage) and it was very good.

Some random thoughts :
- The encounter design is awesome, of course. Every area is nice to explore, and to clean.
- Regarding the equipement, the weapons and the armors are very cool, I am less sure about the rest of the equipement (+6 constitution is particularly ridiculous, doubling the HPs of a mage).
- This game supports my view that two of the most cool things in an RPG (in a video game?) are to die and to fight a bunch of dragons.
- Small party (4 characters), like Dark Sun, Blackguards or D:OS, which all have very good combats. It's definitely not an issue, then.
- I would have not known the game without the Codex, which is a shame for such a good game, but still :salute: Codex.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Sadly, the creator became insane shortly after release so we won't see a real sequel from what I know.

ArchAngel

Arcane
The sequel looks cooler to me. Something like battle brothers but with d&d rules

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
If I spoke native English and if I was able to write a review, I would review this one Superhero League of Hoboken, Legend of Faerghail, or Buck Rogers: Countdown to Doomsday.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
That's why I keep telling you we need to elect a CRPG pope, in the absence of Fez.

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
I played it without crafting (with 2 fighters, 1 cleric, 1 mage) and it was very good.
The "default" party provides the best experience. I tried 2 mages and 3 mages afterwards and it was getting easier, of couse. Although the final battle(S) are tough with only one mage.
With crafting you can also create super rape weapons for your dual wielding (of course) fighters. It might decrease challenge, but i loved the feature and it's super fun.

TigerKnee

Arcane
What's up with the Spirit of Grunker joke? That appeared in the latest PoE review too

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom