Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KOTOR: how to win/skip turret mini-game

SymbolicFrank

Magister
Ok, I bought the GOG version for easy installation, and I played up to the escape in the Ebon Hawk. And got killed by that mini-game. Again. And again. And again. And it doesn't help that there is all that (partially unskippable) dialog before it. Every time. Again. And again.

So, how can I skip it? It's either that or stop playing.

And I would like to hit the guy that thought it was a good idea really hard in the face.

It is the reason I rarely play KOTOR, because I expect I cannot progress past this. I got past it once, by trying for hours. And hours.

There is a mod that disables it, but it doesn't work.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
You talking about the part where the troops are rushing you or the space battle after it?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Drop the difficulty down to the easiest, non-twitcher.

Endemic

Arcane
Ok, I bought the GOG version for easy installation, and I played up to the escape in the Ebon Hawk. And got killed by that mini-game. Again. And again. And again. And it doesn't help that there is all that (partially unskippable) dialog before it. Every time. Again. And again.

You need to lead the targets carefully, and focus on the closest fighters first - sadly the Hawk's lasers are really slow compared to say X-Wing Alliance. The radar is somewhat helpful though.

The turret minigame happens more than once and isn't easily skippable (unlike KOTOR2 where you can choose to just flee).

SymbolicFrank

Magister
Ok, I found a mod that works.

Yes, I'm bad at it. And I did play all the Wing Commanders and Tie Fighters. It might work if the interface and controls weren't atrocious.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom