Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Krai Mira: post apocalyptic turn-based RPG

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I'd love to see a survival horror game where you play as a squad of vatnik special forces trying to hunt Vaarna "Requiem for Russia" Aarne in dark Karelian wilderness.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
I'd love to see a survival horror game where you play as a squad of vatnik special forces trying to hunt Vaarna "Requiem for Russia" Aarne in dark Karelian wilderness.
His only weakness would be Watchmen comics. :M

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA

Krai Mira is a single player post apocalyptic rpg game that takes place on boundless steppes, radioactive swamps, distinctive settlements and grim mountain forests of the same-named island.

Inspired by Fallout1 and Fallout2, Krai Mira also borrows some features from Diablo and Commandos. Though we focus on the combat system you will also enjoy wandering around, exploring new locations, trading and performing quests in this particular post apocalyptic world.

3D engine- Imagine Fallout2 gameplay with an option to zoom in/out and rotate the camera, adjust resolution and quality, using hills and roofs in combat. Realistic day/night cycles, water reflections, particles, fog and rain – all these features are supported by the modern 3D engine.

Turn-based combat with some improvements- Now you don't need to wait for every combat member to take its turn. Instead of successive moves all members (except the player) take their turns simultaneously.

Traps and mines- Use them to undermine enemy forces. From hornet's nests and bear traps to plastic explosives – all's fair in love and war.

RagDoll physics- Killed enemies fall more realistic. Those who like walking on the roofs, sometimes perform complex acrobatic somersaults before they die.

Lock picking- In the development we set realistic goals, and some of these features can be implemented in the expanded version only. Though we've made tech demos for you to check them out online on the game's website. These features are not just skills depending on your stats. To pick a lock you'll have to choose the right shape of each section of a Decoder pick, with a limited amount of attempts.

Stealing- For successful stealing you should take into account sights of view those people who could see your action. Agility and Expertise increase your chances for successful stealing.​

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1950059684/krai-mira-post-apocalyptic-rpg?token=bf4a0859

A demo is available http://www.indiedb.com/games/kraimira/downloads/krai-mira-demo-version-180416

Asking for only $2,881... :M

Murk

Arcane
Pretty cool they got the honest trailers guy to do the narration tho

Kahr

1:05 Does he shoot someone with a pickaxe?
I can't imagine any title, which would make me less interested in the game. Krai Mira - Does it stand for something?

Morkar Left

What the hell, why not. Backed.

Looks like a postapoc game which fits into the W2 universe very well, has a working demo and good artstyle.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Got it from some bundle few weeks ago, for single brouzof. Too poor in options (even InSomnia looks better in that regard). Will wait for release.

We already have the main part of the game done. The game core is 95% completed, and the main quest is 80% .
Really? Cause what I tested gave me weak impressions.
Asking for only $2,881... :M
Easter europe... best and cheap programmers, further east they got even cheaper but worse.

Yeah, the name is pretty bad. :M

Still better than glued words from Video Games Name Generator, like Dungeon of Something, Apocalyptic Garbage or Another Indie Pixel Game with Zombies Hope You Like It or Be Called Grognard by Your Friends.

Trashos

Arcane
That's the Torque engine, right?

I hated the rotating camera at first in AoD, but after a few hours I got used to it. Now I don't mind it at all. The trailer here looks good, maybe I will try the demo (if I manage to not run AoD once).

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
Imagine Fallout2 gameplay with an option to zoom in/out and rotate the camera
Imagined and do not want.

I really hate 3d games when they are just 3d to be 3d when being 2d would have served them better such as with AoD.

The question is do you want another crpg or would you rather have more hipster shit with no content? The answer for all so-called rpg fans is yes, I want more crpgs and will never support no content rpg-lite hipster shit for monkeys.

m_s0

Arcane
1:05 Does he shoot someone with a pickaxe?
I can't imagine any title, which would make me less interested in the game. Krai Mira - Does it stand for something?
Looks like they tried to mangle the original title - Crimea - and make it sound cool-ish.

This seems like another one of those Fallout-inspired terrible eastern european crpgs. I do like what I see, but I just know better at this point. I will try the demo, though.

Severian Silk

A lot of Eastern European developers program decent gameplay mechanics, but are shit storytellers.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I respect the fact that they got someone who can actually speak English to narrate the trailer

Feyd Rautha

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Here are the stretch goals:
1e836bfe5007794f254cf646cb42b8e7_original.jpg

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1950059684/krai-mira-post-apocalyptic-rpg

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Lockpicks at 24k pounds? how about no
PS combat is TB but there is not much options, even F1/2 got more choices in fights that this.
And it's p.linear? Played few hours and you can't go elsewhere to buff up a bit if you hit hostile obstacle?

Self-Ejected

supervoid

Self-Ejected
`

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom