Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Kyros-sama Finally Noticed Me

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
01 - Abandon Shit
01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

steve.jpg
Can you hear that hum in air - that glow around the rocks? The Overlord has sealed the valley.
aurora.jpg
Your senses see more than mine, good Fatebinder - I do not pretend to know much about such things. But if that was Kyros' magic and you're here on important business, well, you don't have to be the Archon of Secrets to guess that you're here to proclaim an Edict. What does Kyros have in store for the enemy? Ten years of festering plague? An Edict of twisted bones?
steve.jpg
I'm in a hurry lah. I'm too lazy to type out all those fucking dialogues.
aurora.jpg
Well you've traveled a long way - I won't keep you further. I'm sure the Archons will want to hear from you at- Did you hear that?
steve.jpg
I'm sure it's nothing. Take me to your leaders.
10.jpg

steve.jpg
I'm sorry? What? I'm not even armed!
11.jpg

steve.jpg
Yeah, you go do that. I'll stand guard over here.
12.jpg

13.jpg

steve.jpg
Ah, the tyranny of choices. Goddamit.
14.jpg

aurora.jpg
Fatebinder! You've returned!
steve.jpg
Yeah, no enemies on that front. Let's get this over quickly!

Our numerical advantage won out in the end.

15.jpg

steve.jpg
Wait. Before we go any further. What the hell is going on? Why is the enemy here? What are they after?
16.jpg

steve.jpg
Disfavored victory has soaked the Tiers with fear - I doubt anyone would rally to their hopeless cause.
aurora.jpg
My thoughts exactly. They lost this war years ago - this is little more than the last gasp of a dying people.
steve.jpg
It's still ridiculous that we're being put on the defensive. How much longer till I reach the Archons?
aurora.jpg
You're almost to your destination. Once we clear the pass of the enemy, just head south down the foothills - from there, should just be a matter of hours to the encampments.
steve.jpg
Excellent. Wait here while I check on a ruin I found earlier.
17.jpg

steve.jpg
Anything valuable?
19.jpg

18.jpg

steve.jpg
It appears my lack of understanding of the local lore is preventing me from depriving this altar of a possibly valuable relic. One day, once my understanding of this place grows, I shall return and lift this rusted torc from its resting place. Mwa ha ha. I am so evil.

---

steve.jpg
I'm back. Let's go.
20.jpg

steve.jpg
...nope. Not gonna fit.
21.jpg

steve.jpg
I'll just push it.
22.jpg

aurora.jpg
Onward, Fatebinder. I'll stand guard on this pass.
steve.jpg
Alright. Thanks for the help!
23.jpg

steve.jpg
Sorry, friend. I've more important matters to attend to.
24.jpg

25.jpg

steve.jpg
Crap. More fighting?
steve.jpg
Outnumbered 3 to 1...she'll never make it. I hope she doesn't notice me...
26.jpg

verse.jpg
Harbinger! Still standing after three years of war? Come join me in battle once again - we'll show these children how it's done!
27.jpg

steve.jpg
No, I'll be fine on my own. Thanks. (Fuck you lah. It was different back then. There were hundreds of men around me and I could blend in amongst the fodder!)
verse.jpg
Think so? Because these upstarts fight like they have something to prove, and I wouldn't want to see you lose an eye!
steve.jpg
Well you look like you're handling yourself well enough.
verse.jpg
That I am, but I could use someone watching my back!
steve.jpg
Hnnnnggh!
28.jpg

steve.jpg
Fuck this. I'm out.
29.jpg

steve.jpg
Where are our guards? Isn't this our own camp?!
30.jpg

steve.jpg
Ah there you are! You there, I need help to reach the Archons!
31.jpg

31a.jpg

steve.jpg
(Fuck) Look, drop your weapons and perhaps we can settle this without bloodshed.
32.jpg

tarkis.jpg
Men! We break through and escape!
33.jpg

34.jpg

steve.jpg
Yeah, running is the right idea. See ya.
35.jpg

steve.jpg
Time for the little trick I learned from the three-year war!
36.jpg

37.jpg

Last edited:

RK47

Patron
02 - Fake Choice
01.jpg

steve.jpg
I really hate doing screenshot LP.
02.jpg

steve.jpg
Y'know, killing you would take less than 15 seconds in a video LP. Instead of five minutes of typing and pasting image links.
03.jpg

steve.jpg
Yo, Aurora! Help me out!
aurora.jpg
I am not programmed to do that, Fatebinder.
steve.jpg
You lack radiance. Looks like it's just you and me, Oathbreaker!
04.jpg

05.jpg

steve.jpg
One down.
06.jpg

Verse looks dead, but at least she took out a few of them before falling.

steve.jpg
I accept your parting gift!
07.jpg

08.jpg

steve.jpg
Hey! Five on one? Have you no honor?!
09.jpg

steve.jpg
That's it. You're already dead.
10.jpg

The tactic is working. It's now two on two.

11.jpg

steve.jpg
All hail the Way of the Degenerate Fist!
13.jpg

steve.jpg
Ha...it's over. Fwa-ha-ha. Anyone else alive?
14.jpg

steve.jpg
You're still alive?
14a.jpg

14b.jpg

steve.jpg
Why are the Vendrien Guard attacking now?
15.jpg

steve.jpg
Okay, I have to go. There's an Edict to deliver.
16.jpg

16a.jpg

steve.jpg
Yeah, why not? I could use some currency for supplies.
17.jpg

steve.jpg
The adventure never ends.
18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

steve.jpg
Aren't you two allies?
21.jpg

steve.jpg
Hang on. I'm known as the Peacebinder. You should know me.. cause I did some important shit in the prologue. Don't worry, you'll get a fair deal. Just... give me the knife.
22.jpg

And none of the spear-thrusting action gets animated. The man ragdolls down to the dirt. Dead.

steve.jpg
GODDAMIT, PEOPLE! I HAD IT UNDER CONTROL!
23.jpg

steve.jpg
And my honor is as dear to me as your sword is to you. Do not forget that a second time.
23a.jpg

24.jpg

steve.jpg
A pleasure, Commander. I'm just glad it's all over with. Have you any idea of their plans?
drastus.jpg
From the look of it, guess they thought if they swarmed the pass, maybe one might make it out? We found a few scraps of parchment on the bodies. A student of letters such as yourself should be able to make sense of this.

Literacy is rare in the Northern Empire, where the Disfavored are born and trained.
Examining the parchment reveal the Vendrien Guard's desire to overthrow Kyros' Archons, and rout their armies from the Tiers. The pages aren't addressed to any specific reader, but rather, openly invites all who remain loyal to the Younger Realms to gather at Vendrien's Well.

steve.jpg
Recruitment material. They're trying to bring more traitors to the fight.
drastus.jpg
Well from the look of it, we kept them from slipping out of the valley. Whatever they hoped to accomplish, I think their plans died here. Fatebinder, the Archons are expecting you. When you're reading, leave by the gate to the southeast and follow the trails downslope for a few hours - you'll see the camp fires leagues away - can't miss it.
steve.jpg
You really like using the phrase 'from the look of it' huh? I thought I typed the same lines twice.
32a.jpg

25.jpg

steve.jpg
Sheesh. Even the waterfalls are grimdark in this place. Mmm, the dead man has a nice sword. I think I'll keep it.
verse.jpg
Entering a war zone without a weapon - what are you? Brave or insane?
steve.jpg
I wasn't expecting to fight so early lah. Aurora. I see you've finished guarding that abandoned altar.
27.jpg

27a.jpg

steve.jpg
What's the situation here in Wisconsin?
steve.jpg
How long have you been with the Republicans?
steve.jpg
What can you tell me of the Russian Hackers?
steve.jpg
Seen anything interesting during the election?
28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

steve.jpg
Well, if either of you was correct, the campaign would be over, and I wouldn't be here.
31.jpg

32.jpg

steve.jpg
Alright. Carry on.
26.jpg

This LP is probably abandoned in Act 1

RK47

Patron
03 - Tell me about yourself
01.jpg

02.jpg

steve.jpg
(Yes, nothing like a conversation starter like the first line.) Tell me something about yourself.
verse.jpg
If you insist. I'm a Scarlet Fury. That should raise some flags for you. It means that I'm good at killing, and - more importantly... that I enjoy it.
steve.jpg
Anything you don't enjoy about your occupation?
verse.jpg
Funerary rites packed with weeping mourners. Some day I'll fall in battle, and then they'll roll me into a mass grave or heap me atop a shit-stained wagon. One more anonymous, knife-riddled piece of meat.
steve.jpg
I'm Steve. Some day I might die alone, but hopefully, VR wife will be implemented so it can post my time of death in the internet as it accompanies me in my last moments of living by my bedside.
verse.jpg
Well, until then, I plan to take whatever I can from life, and have a little fun along the way.
steve.jpg
Same. What's your life like before the Chorus?
verse.jpg
As far as I'm concerned, I didn't exist before the Chorus. There was some girl in a farm wearing my face and talking with my voice, but she wasn't me.
steve.jpg
I know what you mean. I feel like a different person when I step away from the keyboard.
verse.jpg
Sometimes she would sneak out at night, take a scythe, and have some fun with the livestock. Our shared interests began and ended there.
steve.jpg
Mine would just walk out, take a ride to the hypermart, buy a roast chicken or pork knuckle on Sunday.
verse.jpg
When the Chorus swept through my village on their long trek from the Bastard City, that was when I finally woke up.
wiki01.jpg

steve.jpg
How so?
verse.jpg
I bured my old life, took red vengeance on anyone who'd wronged me, and found the freedom I could only dream was out there.
steve.jpg
I'm sure you're exaggerating a bit. But what about your parents?
verse.jpg
My mother ran a successful farm, and I worked it for a number of years before I found the Chorus. She was a hard, bitter woman. Acted like the world owed her something.
steve.jpg
Sounds like mine too.
verse.jpg
She never talked about my father, thought I figured out a thing or two about him later on.
steve.jpg
Oh? What would that be?
verse.jpg
He's a merchant from the Northern Empire who took a liking to her, and she him. He stayed around only to get what he wanted.
steve.jpg
What an asshole.
verse.jpg
But never mind him. My mother never had what you would call taste, so he couldn't have been terribly influential to me if he did stick around.
steve.jpg
Mm. Ever wished you could do things over, and end up somewhere other than Kyros' army?
verse.jpg
That's as naive a question as I've ever heard. Kyros is everywhere. If you aren't in the army, you're being trampled by it.
steve.jpg
That's it?
verse.jpg
Of course, I could have labored on the family farm into my maturing years, married some dolt and littered him a nursery of squealing piglets. Having my body torn to pieces by smaller versions of me sounds like fun. Then one day, when I decided enough was enough, I'd slit my husband throat over breakfast and run off to join the Chorus anyway. My way saved a lot of time.
steve.jpg
Yeah. I guess you're a killer alright. 100% legit. No filler. Edgy as fuck.
03.jpg

steve.jpg
How did you get conscripted?
verse.jpg
I think you have the wrong idea about me. The Chorus didn't take me as a sobbing maid, I strode into their camp and enlisted. Someone tossed me a dented blade, I lived through the initiation, spent a week butchering my neighbors and moved on with my new kin.
steve.jpg
Yeah. You're a strong grrrrl. Absolutely. But what about your mom?
verse.jpg
I didn't waste time with goodbyes. My mother had long since died, and the rest of my family were louses. The girl I used to be? Even she knew that she was worth more than all of them combined.
steve.jpg
(And a lesbian too? Holy shit.) What is the significance of your feathers?
verse.jpg
Oh, I don't tell that story to just anyone. You'll have to butter me up before I get into the really intimate details.
steve.jpg
I can't wait. Let's go.
04.jpg

05.jpg

mocking.jpg
All must be given a chance to find absolution in service to the Scarlet Chorus. And you know full well this has always been our way. He has a chance to be slave or soldier - only then do we feed him to the pigs.
drastus.jpg
We'd let you take prisoners, but you can't control them! You send these 'conscripts' out on patrol and they never return, defecting all over again! I can't let this continue!
06.jpg

steve.jpg
The last time I was here, the Disfavored showed a little more mercy to the enemy.
drastus.jpg
These filthy hill people spat on the surrender! We were fools to ever treat them as anything more than violent children! Mercy is what got us into this protracted fight - let's not continue this mistaken strategy.
steve.jpg
The Chorus lost a lot of good men during the battle. They should be allowed to recruit new warriors.
07.jpg

mocking.jpg
If it will calm your nerves, I assure you this one won't be put on the battlefield.
steve.jpg
What will you do to him then?
mocking.jpg
He'll be taken straight to the Voices of Nerat!
steve.jpg
To what end? Interrogation?
verse.jpg
Trust me, you don't want to know.
drastus.jpg
I won't keep you here any longer, Fatebinder - I know you have important business in the valley. For the glory of Kyros!
steve.jpg
Ave. True to Sawyer.
08.jpg

The two commanders retreat to their own camps. The problem is far too apparent. This isn't an united army.
Mayhap only the threat of death can force them to cease hostility with each other.

09.jpg

kosma.jpg
What will it be today?
steve.jpg
Hello auntie. I trust you've been granted proper stewardship of the goods you are peddling?
kosma.jpg
Uh.. Well, you see Fatebinder, I think so. I've been handed these bits of scripts. But I'm not a woman of letters...
steve.jpg
Let me see...

Everything is in order. This woman is granted the unlimited right to trade in logistical capacity. When not supporting an active battle, she has the right to trade grain, copper and olives anywhere in the Tiers.

steve.jpg
Where did you get these?
kosma.jpg
Harchiand Bronze acquired these on my behalf - from Archon Tunon's agents, I believe.
steve.jpg
Well.... looks like we have a slight problem.
10.jpg

steve.jpg
I'm gonna talk a bunch of smart biz babble and technicality. And you will be so confused that you will offer me a gift to clear up this misunderstanding.
kosma.jpg
Oh I see. Let me see, I can provide a donation to the court - call it a proper fine, a tribute, ...whatever.
steve.jpg
Actually. Keep your coin, just give me the friends' rate.
11.jpg

steve.jpg
That's a fair deal.
steve.jpg
Hmm. What are these papers? They look...different.
12.jpg

steve.jpg
Looks like magic. I better keep it till I have an expert around. OK, we've wasted enough time.. Let's move out.
14.jpg

RK47

Patron
04 - That Stuff is Mine! Discuss!
01.jpg

crescent.jpg
Hail, Fatebinder. Camp's on up ahead. Don't mind us - just clearing out the rabble.
02.jpg

steve.jpg
You're on their land - these warriors have every right to kill you. You should be more thankful they're even listening to you speak.
03.jpg

04.jpg

steve.jpg
And I'm here to ruthlessly explore all content regardless of how banal they are.
verse.jpg
We should move on, Fatebinder. Petty disputes are beneath us both.
steve.jpg
And miss out on the potential exp and faction points gain? No way. Only a dumbfuck would ignore this.
sterling.jpg
Please, can you do something?
steve.jpg
First, have you a trade permit?
crescent.jpg
He hasn't got one, therein lies the problem.
sterling.jpg
How was I - I mean... to whom would I speak for such a thing?
05.jpg

steve.jpg
You had best start making a very strong argument as to why I should help you.
06.jpg

07.jpg

steve.jpg
What a coincidence. Your family recipe for wound paste smells just like the Scarlet Fury's own concoction. Where'd you steal this?
08.jpg

steve.jpg
How stupid do you think I am?
sterling.jpg
Slow down! I'll tell you everything, just don't hurt me. I found most everything out in the forests of the valley - I'd keep my head low when I heard sounds of combat, then I'd take a look, and grab whatever wasn't claimed by the first victors.
crescent.jpg
So then you stole from the Disfavored dead? How else did you get your hands on that iron? You would come here and sell us our own armaments?
09.jpg

steve.jpg
You make a good argument. But there's still a matter of trespass you need to resolve. Pay the Disfavored handsomely, and they shall tolerate your presence.
10.jpg

steve.jpg
Good. I take it everything is settled then?
crescent.jpg
Yes, Fatebinder. This man shall be allowed to trade here.
sterling.jpg
Thank for interceding on my behalf. I know my life will now depend on showing the Disfavored due gratitude for suffering my presence. If I must grovel a bit to earn my daily grain, so be it.
steve.jpg
Alright. Time to head to the camp.
11.jpg

12.jpg

steve.jpg
Did he ask you to spy on me?
Tyranny%202017-01-11%2023-33-15-45.jpg

verse.jpg
Surprised? He's the Archon of Secrets. Knowing in advance is his business. So is snatching up any advantage over Graven Ashe. Those two compete like a couple of new recruits for a spot around the fire.
steve.jpg
If this competition harms the war effort in any way...
verse.jpg
It's nothing nefarious. The Voices is just curious why you're here. If he wanted to know more, you wouldn't be able to suss it out that easily. He would have sent one of his scarier peons in my stead.
steve.jpg
(Lie) Well, I'm just here to take accounts of the expenses for the siege.
verse.jpg
Really? But if you say so...
steve.jpg
Why so suspicious?
verse.jpg
It's just a feeling I got. When the Archons are together, the air gets taut as a bowstring. I can't help but think that no amount of compromise will get them seeing eye to eye.
steve.jpg
What do you think is causing this?
verse.jpg
I heard tell that Graven Ashe and the Voices of Nerat shared some bad blood in the Northern Empire, but I don't know the specifics.
steve.jpg
That's absurd. If the Archons cannot put the past behind them, they are unfit to command.
verse.jpg
Quick to anger, are we? I'm not disagreeing with you, but I would take care where you speak your mind. Someone is always eager to report slander to their favorite Archon.
steve.jpg
Someone like you?
verse.jpg
Hey, I'm just saying. With all the power they wield, those types are not quick to forgive.
steve.jpg
What else has the Voices of Taylor Swift told you?
13.jpg

steve.jpg
I really ought to be meeting with the Archons.
Tyranny%202017-01-11%2023-33-53-45.jpg

If I picked option no. 3 , I would gain Fear with Verse cause I was being impatient. :lol:

verse.jpg
One last thing, be careful around these Disfavored types. They take their work seriously, and most have suffered too many blows to the head.
steve.jpg
Your concern is duly noted. What about the story behind your feathers, ready to talk?
14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

steve.jpg
Sigh.
verse.jpg
I also like how the feathers catch the breeze. Helps me keep my balance, especially when I'm moving fast.
steve.jpg
Alright. Enough about your past. Tell me about your time with the Scarlet Chorus.
verse.jpg
The Chorus is mostly for madmen and peasants with rusty daggers, but it's also a little niche of freedom that I never had. Once I survived my training and met my Scarlet Fury sisters, I saw a different side of the howling mob.
steve.jpg
Tell me about your training.
verse.jpg
For new recruits, training means surviving the first battle. Anything beyond that is for the fighters who show potential, whether as blade dancers or arcane madmen.
steve.jpg
You must belong in the former.
verse.jpg
There's nothing in the world like getting put through the paces as a Scarlet Fury. Every day is a test of your commitment and passion. Failure means death. the first few weeks were the hardest, but also the most rewarding. I earned my name, picked some quality weapons and met my sisters.
steve.jpg
Cool. You said you 'earned' your name/
verse.jpg
If you think a simple farmer from the Tiers would name her child 'Verse,' I suggest you visit my old village. The Chorus takes your name away. Whoever you were before, you aren't that person anymore. Then you can earn back a name through great deeds - usually murderous ones.
verse.jpg
That's why you see Choirmen walking around with names like Stinkmouse or Facefirst. There's probably a good reason for it.
steve.jpg
Another fascinating insight into the Scarlet mind.
verse.jpg
The Voices of Nerat gave me this name. When the Chorus runs howling into battle, he doesn't hear war - he hears a symphony. And when I fight with blade or bow, he told me that my music stands out louder than anyone else's, and contains too many parts to be easily defined.
steve.jpg
High praise.
verse.jpg
Yes, when you least suspect it, the Archon of Secrets can be downright charming.
steve.jpg
What's your real name?
Tyranny%202017-01-11%2023-35-24-69.jpg

verse.jpg
You already know me by my real name. It's Verse. Are you looking for whatever arbitrary collection of letters and sounds my mother thought was appropriate when she didn't even know me?
steve.jpg
Okay lah. Sorry lah. Can go camp now or not?
verse.jpg
By all means, Fatebinder.

RK47

Patron
05 - Papa Smurf
01.jpg

02.jpg

steve.jpg
I'm the fatebinder etc etc.
03.jpg

steve.jpg
Thank you for re-affirming the choices I made during the prologue. We really love the lore-porn.
04.jpg

05.jpg

I can walk in and interrupt, but why miss out on free content? :excidium:

graven.jpg
Perhaps the voices in your skull ought to come to a consensus if you wish to be taken seriously.
nerat.jpg
Good advice is flexible, changing with the moment. Besides, now we're agreeing with yesterday you, today you should be happy.
nerat.jpg
We know you hate going into battle without overwhelming odds on your side. If you're so terrified of a challenge, why not wait for your reinforcements?
graven.jpg
I don't need your heckling, I need your scouting reports. Or better yet, confirmation that you quelled the oathbreakers in the outer valley.
nerat.jpg
Oh that? We will solve it in our own time and way. We must make at least a token effort to show them mercy, after all.
graven.jpg
Mercy? They have already shat upon our mercy once before! These gutterborn southnobs deserve nothing better than death!
nerat.jpg
Oh calm down now... we must leave something to rule. Or have you forgotten Kyros' orders? Patience, old chum.
steve.jpg
I think that's enough exchange. Let's move in-
06.jpg

steve.jpg
*draws a deep breath*
07.jpg

steve.jpg
Hmm?
08.jpg

09.jpg

steve.jpg
Duly noted.
graven.jpg
I always know you've run out of things to say when you resort to mocking my vassals. If we are to speak of treachery, why is it that my scouts see Scarlet Chorus warriors defecting back to the Vendrien Guard? Your fearsome reputation has gone flaccid, for it seems you cannot control your soldiers... or perhaps you simply choose not to.
Tyranny%202017-01-11%2023-38-51-73.jpg

10.jpg

steve.jpg
*coughs*
graven.jpg
And I thought you had left agents within these Tiersmen when they surrendered. Either you failed to see this coming, or you knew and let it happen - incompetent or in cahoots, either way this mess has your filthy stink all over it. Because the last time I trusted your 'all clear' report, my troops failed to come home.
12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

steve.jpg
Time to put that Diplomatic training to good use.
17.jpg

graven.jpg
My soldiers tell me you helped Commander Drastus on your way through Edgering. You honor the court with your selfless cooperation, for that is the sort of camaraderie that Kyros demands of us all.

He glares at the Voices of Nerat, furrowing his brow as he utters the C-word.

steve.jpg
No thanks needed, I was merely doing my duty.
graven.jpg
Modesty is your prerogative, but know that cooperation and goodwill have been rarities of late. You do your lord Tunon a great honor by aiding your cousins in the Disfavored.
nerat.jpg
Oh, don't mind us while you trade your gushing praise. We're sure the Fatebinder has come because our company lacks in small talk.
steve.jpg
Fine. I come bearing an Edict of Kyros.
18.jpg

steve.jpg
You're all not gonna like this. The Overlord's loyal servants must hold Ascension Hall by Day of Swords, or all in the valley shall perish.
19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

graven.jpg
The Overlord means to compel us into action, no doubt the avalanche in the mountains are part of this ultimatum. We must conquer the oathbreakers or die in failure. There is no room for error, no other way out of this valley alive.
steve.jpg
(Well done, Captain Obvious.) I suppose you have a plan ready?
graven.jpg
We'll need to advance across the Matani - we lose everything if we stand still. And we move to backup plan green - the Earthshakers didn't make it over the mountain in time, so we do this the hard way - over the walls instead of through.
22.jpg

steve.jpg
(I haven't heard a contribution from this clown.) They call you the Archon of Secrets, but you certainly don't seem to know anything remotely useful.
23.jpg

The Archon of Secrets turns his head to the side, until the face of his mask has turned around and a new facet of the mask presents itself as facing forward. When next the Archon speaks, the trembling voice of a younger man can be heard.

24.jpg

steve.jpg
(Was that the voice of a dead man talking?)
nerat.jpg
Our sources tell us the oathbreakers had some sort of magical trick in store... but this knowledge is tinged with fear, trepidation. If we make a move for the Matani, we suspect the oathbreakers will mount a counterattack that is... equal parts valiant and futile.
steve.jpg
I know that voice - Matani Janev of the Vendrien Guard.
25.jpg

steve.jpg
(He devoured them And they become part of his 'voices.') Alright. Enough talking. There's work to be done.
erin.jpg
My Lord, Barik and his band have been drilled on the Echocall assault plan. The Crescent Runners should be briefing him as we speak regarding the latest enemy movements along the river. I will dispatch him at once.
fifth.jpg
And I will ensure the Chorus stands ready to march. If the Disfavored can take the river, the Chorus has the manpower to secure the outer ring of the valley.
nerat.jpg
Our soldiers clamor for battle, and at last we shall have it! Verse, we command you to continue guarding the Fatebinder - Tunon's chosen is our honored guest and must be shown our finest hospitality.
steve.jpg
(More like a spy to watch over me.)
verse.jpg
I won't let you down, boss.
26.jpg

steve.jpg
I don't quite recall that particular incident, but okay. I promise to be impartial.
27.jpg

28.jpg

graven.jpg
Though the Edict threatens the Scarlet Chorus just as it threatens us, I cannot shake the feeling that our allies will work against us.
graven.jpg
Now if you'll leave me be, I have a battle to plan. I imagine duty requires you to speak with the Chorus further. But if I can convince you to lend a hand, most of my legion is trapped beyond the mountains, so I'm in need of an added sword or two.
graven.jpg
If you wish to be counted amongst the glorious, speak with the Iron Marshal - she will direct the order of battle until we are ready for the final push into the Citadel.
steve.jpg
What do you need, Iron Marshal?
Tyranny%202017-01-11%2023-43-19-42.jpg

steve.jpg
And what of the Chorus? How will they help?
graven.jpg
I ask myself that question often. While we take the river crossing, the Chorus should be using their sizable presence to remove the oathbreaker patrols lurking in the outer valley.
erin.jpg
The oathbreakers have maintained a sizable force outside the citadel. We need the Chorus' manpower to scour the region. Otherwise, the oathbreakers will attack our heels once we cross the Matani.
steve.jpg
Okay. I'll be honored to help.

The Iron Marshal salutes Graven Ashe and turns to leave the tent.

erin.jpg
I will be at the training grounds, readying the soldiers - find me there when you are ready.

She pauses, clearing her throat.

erin.jpg
And though I am loath to mention it, the Chrous can likely use your assistance. They certainly won't secure the outer valley on their own. Fifth Eye will be somewhere in that rat's nest they call a camp, due east. Seek him out, if you must.
steve.jpg
Yeah, Okay. See you soon. (Everyone is shit at their job and needs my help to do things.)
Tyranny%202017-01-11%2023-45-21-90.jpg

graven.jpg
The first time you proclaimed an Edict, you gave the enemy a suspicious amount of time to ready themselves. I chalk it up to excessive mercy for a backwards people. But when the Edict is against your kin - that order you follow to the letter.
steve.jpg
(It's not like I have a choice this time, gramps.) Archon, may we speak for a moment?
graven.jpg
I tire of all this endless prattle. I am the Archon of War and the Overlord has decreed battle. If you wish to help, speak with my soldiers. Return when you have done something useful.

He pounds the haft of his maul against the ground.

steve.jpg
Okay. (You think I'm not tired? Fuck you too, gramps.)

RK47

Patron

I really despise this budget figurine they're replacing portraits with.
OK, SO YOU'RE TOO BROKE TO MAKE HIGH QUALITY PORTRAITS.
So put a lot of effort on the important ones and leave them static.
Current iteration looks so half-assed and barely noticeable.

Patch 4.7 preview:
tehtyranny.jpg

RK47

Patron
06 - You are amazing, Steve
01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

steve.jpg
Is something the matter, soldier?
04.jpg

cev.jpg
The rank says Commander but lately, I'm just organizing patrols and trying to stay out of the way - you should talk to Iron Marshal if you've something official that needs discussing. What is it you need?
steve.jpg
I overheard you asking that Earthshaker where their reinforcements have gone. Is there a problem?
05.jpg

steve.jpg
I could lend a hand.
cev.jpg
Could you? I knew that Tunon's agent wouldn't fail us in a time of need. I'll mark the last known site of our Earthshaker reinforcements on your map. Good hunting, Fatebinder.
steve.jpg
I'll give it a go. By the way, the two armies haven't worked well together in years. Why do you think that is?
cev.jpg
Come on, Binder, seems like asking why the beasts stink. The Disfavored are only too eager to deliver Kyros' Peace to the Tiers, while the Scarlet Chorus bring only mayhem in their wake. You can tell me the Voices of Nerat has a plain and I'll take your word for it - but the Chorus sure seems to blunder around, never moving with purpose as we do.
verse.jpg
I wonder if we've been fighting the same war, soldier. I've seen Ashe yank his precious soldiers away from more battles than he's won. If you want to call that progress, be my guest.
steve.jpg
Why do you think the siege has delayed for so long?
06.jpg

steve.jpg
I see. And you? Tell me about yourself.
07.jpg

steve.jpg
Apologies for wasting your time then. Farewell.

It's really hard to get them to talk with bare reputation.

08.jpg

steve.jpg
Do what?
verse.jpg
Back in the Archons' war tent. You cast an Edict as casually as reading a supply shipment. How did you do that?
steve.jpg
Well, I've done it before.
verse.jpg
You cast the Edict of Fire on the Vellum Citadel. I heard about it - how Kyros' anger raised a volcano from under the Sages' own fortress. That... that was some impressive work.
steve.jpg
Well...That was me, all right.
verse.jpg
Call me impressed. Considering that you've read the words of Kyros more than once, I'm surprised that you're even alive to tell of it. Your vocal chords should have turned to ash by now.
steve.jpg
Why the hell are you suddenly stroking my ego? I just read the Edict, nothing more.
verse.jpg
I'm not trying to make you feel uncomfortable. It's just worth recognizing what you've done. Not only are you Tunon's Fatebinder, you're the mouthpiece of the Overlord. Gives me plenty of reason to stick around. You're going places, and I want to see where they lead.
steve.jpg
If you say so. By the way what are your thoughts on the Disfavored?
09.jpg

steve.jpg
What do you think of their leader?
verse.jpg
I've seen enough of that high-minded braggart to know that he's all duty. Nothing but a charismatic, broad-shouldered scarecrow.
verse.jpg
He calls himself the Archon of War, though by the way he stalls his forces waiting for a better strategy to present itself, you would think he's afraid of battle.
verse.jpg
You would think that someone more deserving would take Ashe's mantle from him, but the Disfavored have this cult of personality built around their 'Great General.' In their eyes, he can do no wrong.
steve.jpg
What about Ashe's connection to his troops?
verse.jpg
'Graven Ashe protects.' His soldiers keep harping on those words like they mean something. I don't deny that the Disfavored can take a few extra lumps on the battlefield, but that only speaks to their thick-headedness.
verse.jpg
If anything, it's only true because his soldiers place that much trust in it. I've seen the power of suggestion do stranger things to people.
steve.jpg
Stranger than heal battlefield wounds? I don't think so.
verse.jpg
Suit yourself. I'm just putting it out there, and I don't see you coming up with any great explanation for a soldier who bounces back from a killing wound.
steve.jpg
You said Ashe should be replaced. By who?
verse.jpg
Let the Disfavored sort it out among themselves. Graven Ashe is this aging figurehead of what should be a constantly-changing role. The right soldier needs to grow a pair and kill the old man. Kick his cane from under him. Remind the legion what strength looks like.
steve.jpg
What about the Voices of Nerat?
verse.jpg
The Voices of Nerat changes. He's a multi-faceted gem, and the Scarlet Chorus is a reflection of that beauty. If someone could rise up and strike down the Voices, any of us would follow them in a heartbeat.
steve.jpg
I see. I suppose you have a better idea how to handle the Disfavored forces?
verse.jpg
Of course I do. First I'd stop babying the troops. Pain is a lesson best learned early. I'd conscript from the locals to bolster the front lines, because why waste your elite on the vanguard?
10.jpg

steve.jpg
Excellent. You would make them more like the Scarlet Chorus.
11.jpg

steve.jpg
It's not about right or wrong lah. We've talked too much. Let's move on.

At last, I've accrued enough Loyalty to unlock a combination attack with Verse.
As you can see, you can gain both Loyalty and Fear from dialogue, and progress on one does not necessarily mean losing progress on the other.

12.jpg

Combination attacks tend to be very powerful and take both characters to act at the same time.

Factions also give bonus ability/passives when you've hit certain tier of Favor/Wrath. And Faction reputation also helps in getting past some dialogue checks as you've seen earlier.

RK47

Patron
07 - A Favor for the Disfavored
01.jpg

02.jpg

steve.jpg
What's the situation?
03.jpg

steve.jpg
This is the second major attack on the river, correct? What happened last time?
04.jpg

05.jpg

steve.jpg
I'm sure the Disfavored would have heeded any such advice.
06.jpg

I really don't think the Disfavored is THAT reckless. I refuse to believe an elite squad suffered a total loss just like that. There has to be another reason.

iron.jpg
Don't test me, Fury. This sort of talk gets us nowhere.
steve.jpg
I agree. What's the value of taking the crossing?
iron.jpg
We can't just march from here to the Citadel with the Vendrien Guard manning the riverbanks. Fording troops and supplies through even the narrowest of points makes us vulnerable to attack, especially since our armor wasn't built for swimming. If we can take the river, we have a clear march to the Citadel, and the Ascension Hall will be ours in no time.
steve.jpg
So... you need my help?
iron.jpg
Trying to pour salt on my pride? We left Fort Resolution with a hundred on hundred and there have been no reinforcements or reserves. I keep throwing warriors back into battle before they're properly rested. So yes, I need to rely on all our allies - especially since most of our allies are conscripted Tiersmen - worse than useless!
steve.jpg
Maybe we shouldn't say that in front of -
verse.jpg
If the Disfavored didn't take every opportunity to insult the Chorus, perhaps you'd find our help more forthcoming.
steve.jpg
Sigh.
07.jpg

steve.jpg
I see where this is going. I just proclaimed an Edict to put a stop to this nonsense.
08.jpg

iron.jpg
We have plenty of time to argue later - for the moment our days are numbered.
steve.jpg
What's my help worth to you?
09.jpg

steve.jpg
Sorry to waste your time then, clearly the Chorus is in greater need of help. Let's go, Verse.
10.jpg

steve.jpg
Fighting does incur all manner of expenses, and my purse is ill-equipped for combat. (I'm not even joking. My purse is literally ZERO upon entering the valley.)
11.jpg

steve.jpg
I will assist. You have my word.
iron.jpg
Then our plan just might work. We are loath to work with those who do not share our training, and our values. But we know that Tunon the Adjudicator selects only the most capable minds for his Court, and I trust you will honor us all on the field.
steve.jpg
Tell me the plan.
iron.jpg
Antio will be leading the charge at Echohall Crossing, assisting you will be Barik of the Stone Shields. Before you ask, no the Forge-Bound weren't sloshed on dappleseed when they fitted his armor... he survived the full force of the Edict of Storms and this armor doesn't exactly come off. Tactically, it's quite brilliant but otherwise, it's something of a curse.
steve.jpg
...yet another special snowflake.
iron.jpg
Barik, come meet the Fatebinder.
12.jpg

barik.jpg
Fatebinder. The Iron Marshal has tasked me with keeping you alive, and I have no intention of disappointing her. That should be enough assurance for anyone.
steve.jpg
An honor.
verse.jpg
Barik, is that you under there? I had no idea you were in Vendrien's Well. Fatebinder, do you know this walking anchor?
steve.jpg
You two know each other?
verse.jpg
No. That is to say, yes. I'm already familiar with this ironclad half-wit as I care to be.
barik.jpg
We don't have to trade jabs today, Verse. After the siege, you can throw as many tantrums as you please. I suggest that we remain focused on the mission.
verse.jpg
No offense to the mission, but seeing you looking like a garbage heap and reeking of a mass grave is more amusing by far. Did you forget how to don your armor, or did Graven Ashe leave you out in the rain?
steve.jpg
Cut it out you two. Barik, I don't believe we've been acquainted.
barik.jpg
It's challenging enough to experience battle from a courtroom, much less remember the faces of your cohorts. I wouldn't expect you to know me under these accursed blades of rust.
steve.jpg
(Did he just insult me?)
iron.jpg
Barik, the Fatebinder will be joining us for the push across the river. I figured an extra hand might help. And more importantly, if my worries come true, and the Chorus tries to impede the mission, we will have an observer from the Court on our side.
barik.jpg
It's just my luck to be assigned to one of Tunon's legal clerks. I'm sure you think the rules don't apply to you, but I'm counting on you working with me and my squad to stop these oathbreakers.
steve.jpg
(Yep, he doesn't like me.)
13.jpg

Barik regards the Iron Marshal in oppressive silence.

14.jpg

steve.jpg
I'm honored to have a member of the iron legion at my side.
15.jpg

One spy from each faction, eh? Though this one doesn't look like much of a spy. If my suspicion is correct, the Disfavored doesn't seem like the type to employ espionage and subterfuge.

16.jpg

Barik is the game's official tank. And the lore isn't kidding: he cannot unequip any of his armor pieces, which is a serious impediment to his tanking prospects in mid to late game. His gear Armor rating remains static and so is his very long Recovery time. Let's hope I figure something out later.

18.jpg

steve.jpg
So.. what's your role in the Disfavored?
iron.jpg
I am commander of the Iron Guard, Swordmaster of the Disfavored, and Captain of the Third Boreal Company.
steve.jpg
That makes you the second in command next to Ashe?
iron.jpg
That I am. But I view it a very, very distant second. And I have no plans to outlive the immortal Graven Ashe. So while by tradition I am executor, or I suppose executrix of the legion, I hope never to act on that sacred duty. Make no mistake, Graven Ashe is the mind of the Disfavored, I am but his right hand, a student to his military genius.

Another fascinating insight into the Disfavored mind.

steve.jpg
What can you tell me about our objective: Ascension Hall?
iron.jpg
It's what the locals call the inner sanctum of the citadel built at the base of the Mountain Spire. It's also the base camp of the Vendrien Guard.
steve.jpg
Who's the strongest warrior in your cohort?
iron.jpg
Modesty demands I omit myself, but if I had to form the legion into one giant phalanx, I'd have Ceveus the Younger and Barik take the corners. Ceveus has been at this since before I was born, and Barik, well...

She hesitates.

barik.jpg
Well what? I'm neither deaf nor fragile - say what you were going to say.
19.jpg

Gotta butter up this biscuit a bit.

steve.jpg
I'm honored to be assigned one of your finest.
20.jpg

steve.jpg
Farewell, Iron Marshal. I'll give you the good news soon.

A small walk to the east of the training field reveals a Disfavored weaponsmith cursing at a broken piece of iron.

21.jpg

steve.jpg
Why not forge bronze?
22.jpg

iso.jpg
It's a rare smith who can churn out military-grade bronze consistently. More often than not, it comes out soft. Look around camp. We're garbing the legion head to toe in iron because it's cheaper and easier to produce for the masses. Couldn't do that with bronze.

He looks at Barik.

iso.jpg
Of course, some of us do go overboard from time to time.
steve.jpg
You mention an iron shortage?
iso.jpg
I'm afraid so.. the last shipment sent down the Matani went missing near Echocall Crossing, and I'm afraid we won't be seeing any more now that the valley is sealed.
steve.jpg
Strange. The Forge-bound iron is Tunon's responsibility. Why is this the first I'm hearing of it?
23.jpg

The Elite Disfavored losing their shipments. Sounds like a serious problem.

steve.jpg
Well then you're in luck. I've been instructed to aid an operation in Echocall. I'll keep an eye out for your shipment.
iso.jpg
I appreciate that! As does the Great General - more than you might guess. Maybe he isn't quick to offer his thanks to outsiders, but I know he'll be grateful for your help.
steve.jpg
You can trust me to handle this.
iso.jpg
I knew that Tunon wouldn't have dispatched you without a good reason. The Court isn't exactly known for gambling when the stakes are high.
steve.jpg
How can I identify the missing shipment?
iso.jpg
See this crate? There's a small set of notches on the wood. That's how we tell apart our iron from the rest. Keep an eye for these. Good hunting.
steve.jpg
Okay, let's head to to the Scarlet Chorus' camp.
Tyranny%202017-01-11%2023-55-41-79.jpg

RK47

Patron
08 - He's kinda slow
01.jpg

If a character takes too much damage during a fight she will gain wounds, resulting in lowered MaxHealth and Skills. This effect can only be removed with rest, a consumable, or upon level up.
Yes, for some reason this game allows character to regain full health when they level up. Even during combat. Who thought this is a good idea?

And we're still stuck with the issue of characters having unoptimized attributes spread. It's a minor issue, but I wish we could at least create custom NPC just like POE, so I can run with whatever set-up I want.

Verse is a rogue template, focusing on Bows and Dual Wield. Her two unique skill trees allow her to focus on either one. I'm probably going to focus more on Bows since melee + poor pathfinding = shit.

03.jpg

Barik on the other hand is built like a tank and has not much of a variety in build. There are some who recommend he takes a Two-Hander to deal more damage, but looking at his stats, he's better off just being a punching bag.

02.jpg

Playing on Hard made Taunt a necessity. So I'll go Sentinel line first. And I really can't emphasize how slow Barik is. His recovery is 4.8 SECONDS. Verse's recovery time is 2.3 seconds in comparison. Taunt isn't a free action, so if you want an immediate Taunt, do not count on that happening. Ever. Barik will most likely still be in the recovery stage and the hapless ally will have to endure a blow or two before Barik can pull the enemy off him.

Anyway, I'm cutting this update short because how image heavy the first page already is. I'll be doing shorter updates from now on.

RK47

Patron
09 - Barry
04.jpg

05.jpg

steve.jpg
Barry, I have a feeling I'm gonna regret this. But I'd like to know more about you.
06.jpg

steve.jpg
Did you seek the trade of war, or did it find you?
barik.jpg
Both, I suppose. I knew fighting was in my blood, and the Disfavored offered me a chance to use my skills to bring peace - otherwise I'd have wound up some brigand or an enforcer to a crooked merchant.
verse.jpg
You think Ashe and his legion brings peace? That's cute, but it doesn't hold water from where I'm standing, big guy. I've seen them bring as much blood as any Chorus gang.
07.jpg

steve.jpg
Yeah, Barry's right. As ruthless as they may be, they're just enforcing the law. I've yet to see them commit atrocities.
08.jpg

barik.jpg
The Disfavored needed recruits in anticipation to the march south. They offered to care for my mother and brother as long as I stayed with the legion, which is better guarantee than you'll find anywhere else.
barik.jpg
I was an elite fighter as far as most were concerned, though still green by Disfavored standards. Luckily for everyone, my skills improved under the Iron Marshal's rigorous training.
steve.jpg
Tell me about your name.
barik.jpg
Barik is the shortening of my Northern surname, which has been passed down through the generations since Graven Ashe assembled his army. I go by it because I wear it with pride. The proper form is Barikonen.
barik.jpg
Beyond its age and association with the General's legion, the name of Barikonen has no great titles or associations. I hold no claim to a great house or legacy, save for the Disfavored. They are all the kin I need.
steve.jpg
So far you're pretty normal. What about your armor? What's the story?
09.jpg

steve.jpg
Here goes... What happened during the Edict of Storms?
barik.jpg
When we heard that Kyros would proclaim the Edict, we rushed into the field to battle the forces of Stalwart. I was shoulder-to-shoulder with some of the legion's most decorated veterans and my pride blinded me to the danger.

Really? The Disfavored knew an edict is about to happen and still charged in?

barik.jpg
Our march was a hasty one. A cohort of Disfavored soldiers vanished in the second year of the war - among them, the daughter of Graven Ashe. After a long silence, we learned that she was held in the fortress of Sentinel Stand.

Ah, so there's more to this.

barik.jpg
As we surrounded the Citadel, I heard the opening peals of thunder - as did the scout I was busy trying to kill. Then the winds hit like an avalanche. Many of us begged Kyros for deliverance... what else were we to do?
barik.jpg
The winds knocked the legs of our offensive out from under us. All the decorated soldiers I brought to the battle were swept up and dashed to pieces, their armor and bodies mixing with the dirt of a tornado that spun in maddening revolutions.
barik.jpg
A piece of the citadel wall broke off and nearly crushed my skull. I only remember a few scattered moments from the storm, like the flying bits of bronze and iron cutting my flesh, the severed limbs of fallen soldiers tumbling through the air.
barik.jpg
Eventually I woke up, thinking myself trapped under the rubble. When I rose and felt like I was buckling under my own weight, that's when I realized I was stuck, right and truly stuck, inside this heap of scrap.
steve.jpg
You survived. But what about Ashe's daughter?
barik.jpg
She was trapped behind the walls of Sentinel Stand, imprisoned by Kyros' storm as well as the fortress itself. A thousand soldiers standing shoulder to shoulder could not have endured those winds to rescue her.
steve.jpg
How did you survive, Barik?
barik.jpg
That is a mystery to me as well. Did Kyros hear my plea for mercy? Did this heap of scrap metal protect me, imprison me, punish me? I don't have enough fingers or toes to count the possible reasons, so I try not to dwell on them.
steve.jpg
You're really stuck in there? Haven't tried taking it off?
barik.jpg
I made attempts in the past. Even had one of the beast haulers pull on the helmet while another pulled on my boots. In time, I grew weary of the struggle. Sometimes I fear that removing the armor would be to question Kyros' judgment and risk a more odious curse.
steve.jpg
What about your parents? You still keep in touch?
barik.jpg
My mother is good with the soil, my father with the rings. He spends much of his time away on one merchant's errand or another. Still, I'm lucky to say they're both alive.
steve.jpg
Good to hear. You've served the Disfavored for a long time - have you fought in any notable battles?
barik.jpg
I served in Stalwart for the better part of a year. Faced the enemy everywhere from Coral Run to Sentinel Stand. I lost count of the battles. Seems like we fought every other day.
barik.jpg
Some of our best victories took place there - fighting an enemy worthy of our iron. But we were not successful enough to please the Overlord... and the final intervention was harsh on us all.
steve.jpg
The Edict of Storms?
barik.jpg
Yes. I had an... unusual view of the Edict. Kyros' judgment left its mark on me. Yet considering how we fought, with skill and honor of legend, only the Edict is remembered. A shame.
steve.jpg
Your leader, Graven Ashe. Tell me more about him.
11.jpg

steve.jpg
How did he come to serve Kyros?
barik.jpg
Before he uniting of the Northern Empire, Graven Ashe served as a warlord in the service of one of the local kings that defied Kyros' rule. Incredible as it may seen, Ashe stood against Kyros' rule.
steve.jpg
How'd it go?
barik.jpg
Though his army was dismantled by Kyros' overwhelming numbers, Ashe's forces performed admirably. It was said that he and his troops claimed seventy and seven lives for each of their own.
barik.jpg
Kyros took an interest in the military genius that bloodied his army. Graven Ashe was summoned to a conclave of Archons - and though he was sent in chains, he left as an Archon - having been granted a position of power in Kyros' great host of war.
barik.jpg
Thus the Disfavored were born. All of us today trace our line back to those warriors that impressed Kyros with their will and tenacity. The only difference is now we fight on the winning side.
12.jpg

steve.jpg
He made the right choice to save his troops.
13.jpg

steve.jpg
What else do you know of his past?
barik.jpg
I follow him into battle, I'm not his personal scribe. And if I did know more of him, it would not be my place to say.
steve.jpg
As an Archon, what magic does he wield?
barik.jpg
Ashe works his magic through us - his soldiers. When we do battle, Ashe seems to know the events even before our runners have given word. Most importantly though, he protects us. It's... a bit tricky to explain unless you've experienced it.
steve.jpg
A force bond? Papa smurf is ripping off KOTOR2 Exiled?
barik.jpg
I can think of countless times I've been struck by a spear, or hit with an axe, and even run through with an arrow - and in each of those moments, the pain and injury just ceased to be.
barik.jpg
None of us know how he does it, or how he can sense that we're in danger and intervene from afar... but I suppose that's why he's an Archon. What he does probably wouldn't make sense to someone like me.
steve.jpg
How do you feel about Papa Smurf?
barik.jpg
He's the bravest, warmest and most compassionate General who ever lived. He's a living icon of leadership and courage.

Better stop before I get nauseous.

RK47

Patron
10 - Can't even
00.jpg

steve.jpg
Why couldn't the legion prevent the uprising of Vendrien's Well?
02.jpg

steve.jpg
I wouldn't want to take sides. But if you want me to blame a party, then the Vendried Guard are really the only guilty party - it was their rebellion, after all.
03.jpg

steve.jpg
Why are you called the Disfavored?
barik.jpg
It is a name born in shame, now worn in honor. After Graven Ashe stood against Kyros, he was forced to give up much - his allegiance, his pride, and the name of his vaunted army.
steve.jpg
What was it originally called?
barik.jpg
The name has been forgotten by all save Ashe and Kyros, and it is considered bad form to bring up the topic. Since you didn't know any better, I'll say this much... 'Dishonored' is the only name by which one needs to know us.
steve.jpg
Would you like to discuss removing your armor?
04.jpg

steve.jpg
I'm not gay and I don't wanna fuck you.
barik.jpg
You weren't? Forgive me. It's been some time since anyone made an advance, and I am long out of practice. As you can see.

He knocks on his iron codpiece with a resounding clang.

steve.jpg
Yeah, I got mine. *grabs crotch*
barik.jpg
Suffice it to say my armor and I will not be separated for the time being. When the war is over, perhaps Tunon will lend me one of his Forge-Bound. Until then, here I remain.
steve.jpg
You don't hate your armor?
barik.jpg
It saved me from the destruction of Stalwart, where thousands of others lost their lives. So you can see why I continue to wear it. For the time being, we will not be separated.
steve.jpg
Are you even comfortable in there?
barik.jpg
I've developed enough calluses that I can sleep at night, but I wouldn't call that 'comfort,' would you? This is my armor. It has everything it needs and more - purpose, meaning, strength. If it were comfortable, that would only take away from its other qualities.
steve.jpg
Do you even want it removed?
06.jpg

07.jpg

barik.jpg
I don't need to tell you that this suit of junk is a literal pain in my ass. Half-broken, smelling of a midden, and perpetually jabbing my side with some Kyros-be-damned caltrop.
steve.jpg
Ugh.
barik.jpg
These dusty plates may not be up to standard, but they serve the Disfavored well enough on the battlefield - if only to intimidate the enemy. Better for me to endure this condition than to shirk an advantage.
barik.jpg
Considering that I wore this as I marched across the bones of Stalwart-that-was, my burden growing heavier with each step, I have no desire to leave it behind. It's a lesson. A reminder. And yes - a prison. But all of those things make it... something more.
steve.jpg
Ok.
barik.jpg
These plates have something of me in them. They are as wicked as a bramble patch, as stubborn as a fortress... and hopelessly flawed.
steve.jpg
You can stop now.
barik.jpg
At present, removing my armor is not an option. If that ever changes, I suspect that the Tiers will tremble, with the impact of my collapsing fortification. What a day that will be.
steve.jpg
Yeah, I bet no one can claim that kind of impact from dropping their pants. How long do you think this armor can last anyway?
barik.jpg
The armor hasn't shown any sign of weakening, and my maintenance regimen is all that keeps it from rusting solid. Were I to stop applying oil and give in to entropy, this shell would harden to a degree that no forgemaster has ever seen.
barik.jpg
I think it could very well stand for as long as the Oldwalls, with my skeleton peering out from the depths. And someday, not even that.
steve.jpg
So what can and you can't do in that armor?
08.jpg

steve.jpg
How do you ... uh.. shit?
barik.jpg
Let us say I manage, and manage poorly. The parts of this misegotten thing I can reach are in better repair than the ones I can't.
steve.jpg
Yeah, I don't wanna imagine that. Do you even fap?
verse.jpg
I don't wanna hear this! How do I even run far enough to avoid it?
09.jpg

steve.jpg
You're right. Terrible question.
barik.jpg
Well I can't, and not from lack of trying. My works are inaccessible from the outside, and as much as I've tried to worm my arm out of this sleeve of iron, I would only succeed in dislocating my shoulder.
barik.jpg
If you ever think me frustrated or disagreeable, just imagine what I've dealt with since the third year of the conquest. Or more accurately, what I haven't dealt with.
steve.jpg
Yeah. That is terrible. I hope you'll find a way out somehow.

RK47

Patron
11 - Voices of Taylor Swift
01.jpg

steve.jpg
I have some questions about the Scarlet Chorus.
02.jpg

steve.jpg
What do you know of the Voices of Nerat?
barik.jpg
The Archon of Secrets? All I know are rumors, hearsay, speculation, but that's as much as anyone knows of the Voices.
barik.jpg
Some accounts tell that he's actually dead, and the Overlord has trapped the minds of his foes in the same body to torture them all. As likely an explanation as any I've heard.
Tyranny%202017-01-12%2019-30-10-89.jpg

steve.jpg
Do you know anything of his powers?
barik.jpg
I'm no scholar of sorcery, but as I understand it, the Voices of Nerat is a thief of minds. They say he can swipe your thoughts and make them his own.
barik.jpg
I don't know how it works. When I joined the Disfavored, the Iron Marshal told me never to take an audience with the Voices if I didn't have a witness on hand.
steve.jpg
Do you think him disloyal?
barik.jpg
I really shouldn't comment on such matters.
steve.jpg
Heh. Right. I heard his tears can turn cheese into milk.
Tyranny%202017-01-12%2019-30-26-37.jpg

steve.jpg
How do you think the Chorus convinced so many Tiersmen to join?
barik.jpg
It begins with Sirin - the Archon of Song. She had a song that got whole villages marching to her will. And once these peasants killed their neighbors or cousins in service of the Voices, it either hardened them into warriors or broke their mind for servitude.
barik.jpg
Lots of criminals and drifters joined the Chorus, too. It seems like the scum of the Tiers just need the promise of glory and sanctioned debauchery to turn on their neighbors.
verse.jpg
It's not pretty. And it shouldn't be. The Chorus is a forge - all the dirt of the Tiers goes in, and the finest bits are refined into weapons.
barik.jpg
There are many that join the Chorus simply because they wish to join the winning side. It's a shame that such patriots were not born to proper Northern stock - too weak or too slight to be Disfavored.
barik.jpg
The Chorus is their best freedom from fealty to the Younger Realms. Not everyone has the fortune of gaining Tunon's favor.
steve.jpg
I still think it's better that the Tiersmen serve Kyros in some capacity than have them rot in mass graves.
barik.jpg
They'd be best served lugging grain for the Disfavored. But you're certainly correct - even the lowliest Tiersman deserves the chance to serve - even as fodder for the front lines.
steve.jpg
Alright. Enough talk for now. Time's wasting. Let's move on.

After that SUPER long chat with Barik, I've gained enough loyalty to unlock the first tier combo ability.

03.jpg

Combo abilities require two participants to execute and they tend to be powerful. The devs thinks limiting it to a single use per rest is the proper way to balance it.

:hahano:

04.jpg

Unless I'm misreading this shit - this AoE does 13-31 Piercing damage per projectile. And it fires...uh...15 projectiles maximum over 4 meter radius? Which roughly translates to 195-465 Piercing AoE. The description sounds herp-a-derp. Swords and Javelins emerge from Barry's butt and fly into a cloud -

:retarded: we Bronze Age now.

:positive: Can't wait to try it out.

Last edited:

RK47

Patron
12 - I came in peace to ask questions
En route to the Scarlet Chorus camp...
01.jpg

02.jpg

steve.jpg
Only three? This shouldn't be a problem. But they have a magic user.
03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

steve.jpg
You have me at a disadvantage.
eb.jpg
I am Eb of the School of Tides, and today I speak on behalf of the Vendrien Guard.
barik.jpg
I advise caution, Fatebinder. Only thing more dangerous than a Tiersman is an educated on.
steve.jpg
They're negotiating under a blue flag. I expect you to honor it.

The h-word triggered Barik and increased his loyalty.

eb.jpg
As in our custom, we are ready to kill to defend our lands, but we will only kill in fair battle, we don't slay our prisoners. We know this isn't Kyros' way, but we must have hope.
08.jpg

steve.jpg
He's with the Scarlet Chorus now.
eb.jpg
Then if we see him again, it will have to be as enemies.
09.jpg

steve.jpg
Pelox Tyrel? He tried to take a Disfavored Commander hostage and died in the attempt.
eb.jpg
My apologies, Fatebinder. I had a terrible feeling this errand was in vain from the start.
steve.jpg
Alright. My turn. I have some questions.
barik.jpg
We shouldn't be socializing with oathbreakers.
steve.jpg
I just want some information.
10.jpg

steve.jpg
Why do you resist Kyros? What are you trying to save?
eb.jpg
I grew up without my knee bent to Kyros, and if I'm going to bow to someone, let it be another Tiersman. We've ruled ourselves just fine for centuries, so we'll give our lives so that our sons and daughters might rule themselves.
steve.jpg
We've got the entire Northern Empire. What makes you think you have a chance?
eb.jpg
Oh, we don't. Those who believed Kyros could be stopped all died years ago, in the first wave of fighting. It's not about the hope of victory, it's about the hope of inspiring others. It is very likely we will fall here in Vendrien's Well, but perhaps others will arise elsewhere.
steve.jpg
Ridiculous. How did you and your friends overthrow the garrison at Vendrien's Well?
eb.jpg
I would joke that the Voices of Nerat left the gate unlatched, but dozens of warriors lost their lives taking the citadel. There was no secret to it - we simply attacked with speed and certainty at a time when the Archons were elsewhere in the Tiers. The Chorus had a rout, and what few Disfavored soldiers were present made an impressive showing, but they were surrounded and overwhelmed once the Chorus fled.
steve.jpg
Who's in charge of this insurrection?
eb.jpg
Listen to you, thinking just like the Overlord wants you to think - there always has to be a person in charge or things don't make sense. We don't answer to anyone, we are each of us, sons and daughters of the Tiers and take this task upon ourselves freely. But Captain Tarkis Arri, former falxman of Queen Vendrien Alanta is the voice we trust when we seek unanimity.
steve.jpg
I assume Tarkis Arri and Tarkis Demos are relations.
eb.jpg
Yes, Demos is... was Arri's brother. We were certain he was dead but... the Captain takes family seriously, so I volunteered to find some answers. And now here we are.
steve.jpg
I've no more questions.
eb.jpg
Fair enough, but now a question for you.
11.jpg

steve.jpg
Kyros forces must take Ascension Hall by the Day of Swords, or all in the valley will perish.
12.jpg

steve.jpg
You don't get it, Barik. This is going to corner them.
13.jpg

steve.jpg
Correct.
eb.jpg
That is... most troubling. So either the soldiers come to destroy and kill us, or the Edict does the work. I suppose we should be so honored the Overlord is taking no chances on us.
steve.jpg
Why the fuck are you omitting the option to surrender? No death will occur. Absurdians.
eb.jpg
I've another question for you, if you will entertain it.
verse.jpg
Are we really standing here and chatting with oathbreakers? It's hard to watch - like cuddling a goat you're going to kill for dinner.
steve.jpg
Go ahead, ask.
14.jpg

steve.jpg
Nah, that's horseshit.
eb.jpg
Thanks for that. I could see why you'd want to foster the mystique all the same. The School of Tides would always tell commoners we didn't know how to summon drinkable water. Once they find out, you can't eat in peace.
15.jpg

steve.jpg
It varies based on the wording of the proclamation. If Kyros provides a clause allowing the Edict to end, that clause can be satisfied.
eb.jpg
Ah, so some Edicts are forever, the rest are... as long as Kyros has in mind? Needless to say, Kyros' magic is unlike anything we've seen in any Archon.
16.jpg

steve.jpg
I honestly do not know for certain.
17.jpg

steve.jpg
Would you feel better if you lost to a woman? Why does it even matter?
eb.jpg
True. It ultimately matters not. My apologies, the question now seems rather foolish. You must remember, Kyros was just a horror story from distant lands for much of our lives - we have many unanswered questions.
steve.jpg
That's okay. The game writers are shit at delivering a good script anyway.
eb.jpg
In accordance to our most ancient customs, let us depart in honorable accord. May peace find you, Fatebinder.
18.jpg

steve.jpg
Should've rolled a mage.

Pissing off a party member can mean a loss of combo skill. Verse was pissed after the las exchange and therefore we lost access to Death from Above until her loyalty increases again.

19.jpg

And no, you cannot kill them at this juncture. It's a fake choice.

20.jpg

RK47

Patron
13 - Tunon-senpai finally noticed me
01.jpg

steve.jpg
Finally. Scarlet Chorus camp. Where I can talk and ask people to tell me about more things.
02.jpg

steve.jpg
Here we go again.
03.jpg

steve.jpg
He's right, the Edict will kill us all if the Ascension Hall is not taken soon.
04.jpg

steve.jpg
What's the problem here?
05.jpg

06.jpg

steve.jpg
This is foolish. Stop this at once.
06a.jpg

07.jpg

Oh look. They don't know who I am and I don't even get to introduce myself as the fucking Fatebinder.

steve.jpg
Bickering amongst yourselves costs us the war effort as a whole, it DOES affect others outside the Chorus.
08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

steve.jpg
I'm always in the right place.
11.jpg

steve.jpg
He's an allied warrior and my guard. Don't make an issue of this.
12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

RK47

Patron
14 - The Chorus Captive
01.jpg

02.jpg

steve.jpg
I trust you are getting your warriors ready for battle?
03.jpg

steve.jpg
You have how large a force and for all these weeks, you've let the enemy move freely through the valley?
04.jpg

steve.jpg
So you need help taking out these oathbreakers?
05.jpg

steve.jpg
I don't belong to Taylor Swift. What's my help worth?
06.jpg

steve.jpg
An honest wage would suffice.
fifth.jpg
Because a dishonest wage would be unbecoming of Tunon's law dogs, no?

He chuckles, his left hand sliding up his right sleeve. He draws forth a small ring purse.

fifth.jpg
The Chorus is honored to have purchased your aid.
steve.jpg
Good. I'll speak with the prisoner.
fifth.jpg
I'll see you there, Fatebinder.
07.jpg

08.jpg

steve.jpg
This one?
fifth.jpg
Yes, Fatebinder.
09.jpg

steve.jpg
You claim your would disavow your people for the Scarlet Chorus...why the change of heart?
variah.jpg
Because I want to live and you don't need to be an Archon of Premonitions to know that the Younger Realms are gone for good. Kyros is the new strength of the Tiers - and I would rather stand with his Archons than be crushed by them.
steve.jpg
Normally, I'd have no problem with this. But why should I trust the words of an oathbreaker?
variah.jpg
I suppose I have no answer for that. When I joined the Vendrien Guards, I accepted their broken vow unto myself. Have you not felt passion for a foolish cause... one you later come to regret? Well my surrender is sincere - and I'm willing to bow before the Voices of Nerat to prove it.
steve.jpg
I'm all ears.
10.jpg

steve.jpg
You're lying. Why don't you tell me what you actually know and I'll see about saving you.
variah.jpg
Search that one.

She reaches up with her right leg and point with her foot, calling attention to a nearby pile of corpses.

variah.jpg
The tall dark one missing most of his face - check his left boot. He was the literate one in our crew, he had the orders.
11.jpg

steve.jpg
I heard her say she'd swear fealty to Taylor Swift. An initiation rite would be in order.
12.jpg

steve.jpg
You're wasting a good slave. I can understand if you don't want her to fight because she's an oathbreaker, but you can work her until she's broken and feed her to the pigs.
13.jpg

steve.jpg
That's what I thought as well.
14.jpg

steve.jpg
Be sure to install the SexLabs mods.

RK47

Patron
15 - Chorus Trial
14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

steve.jpg
Who're you?
lantry.jpg
I'm Sage Lantry - one of the hired quills that was coordinating missives between the Vendried Guard captains. They aren't paying me anymore and aren't coming to my rescue, so I'll decipher that parchment for you. That's what smart prisoners do, right? Make themselves useful?
steve.jpg
Can you read this?
lantry.jpg
Well... umm. I don't know what exactly it says but I'm half certain that's Sage Selwin's handwriting. I'm sure I could decipher that in a few hours time. Don't need my hands free, but I think better when not tied to a post.
fifth.jpg
A few hours?! Either you read it now or die! I say we have some fun with this one.
lantry.jpg
I would love to help, but I just need some time! That's written in another Sage's shorthand, I'd have to sit down with it, or compare it to a piece of his writing I have stashed on me somewhere.

The fact that none of the Chorus found any intel this old guy is carrying in his pockets is pretty damning. Fucking incompetence.

steve.jpg
It can't hurt to give him a few hours.
fifth.jpg
You read the Edict, I don't need to tell you the sundial is working against us! This addled old bag is just trying to stall!
steve.jpg
Taylor Swift will be upset to know you squandered a source of enemy intel.
fifth.jpg
How true.. then we shan't put him to waste, he will serve as a most riveting source of amusement as we put him on trial.
lantry.jpg
Fatebinder, I beseech you, be my advocate for this trial. I'm no fool, I know the Chorus uses blood, not words, to settle these matters, but you are a servant of the Archon of Justice, are you not?
steve.jpg
Fifth Eye, this man obviously has useful information, yet you're willing to let him die for sport?
barik.jpg
Clearly you need an education in the Chorus' justice. Anything that satisfies their sick amusement is fair play. There's no limits to their depravity.
verse.jpg
Barik, did Graven Ashe castrate you during recruitment, or do you just not know the meaning of the word 'fun'?
fifth.jpg
Fatebinder, is it not obvious? If he is a true enemy of the Overlord, he will perish by our blades. If he can survive then he is strong and the strong lead, thus his crimes will not be crimes, but simply the actions of the mighty. What's not to understand?
steve.jpg
Nothing you say makes fucking sense, you edgy try-hard. Release this prisoner at once. I'm taking him into my custody.
17.jpg

steve.jpg
True, but by Kyros' law, he could swear fealty to me and become my sworn vassal - my property.
lantry.jpg
A most clever technicality! And I would happily serve the Archon of Justice's warrior...
18.jpg

steve.jpg
If it's a fight you want.
fifth.jpg
Did you hear that brothers and sisters?! TRIAL BY COMBAT IS UPON US!!!

The entire camp cheered. The sage is unbound from the post. Stiff legs nearly buckle as he attempts to walk, and his arms flex and flail in their new freedom. Wiping sweat and grime from his brow, the Sage steps closer with a nervous smile.

steve.jpg
Let's hope you're worth it.

Rhythmic roaring and the stomping of hundreds of feet in unison flood the camp. Hordesmen begin to circle and swirl about, brandishing weapons and cheering.

barik.jpg
If they got this worked up to fight the enemy, I venture the war would be over by now.
fifth.jpg
Begin the chant of gathering! Let the warriors know that tonight's entertainment will soon commence!
19.jpg

A group of 5 gangbangers stepped out from the crowd. 'Tunnel Snakes rule!,' they shouted in unison, brandishing rusted blades and other rough implements of war.

20.jpg

steve.jpg
Lantry. Do whatever you can from the back. Barik, let's execute that combo.
21.jpg

Lantry's default skill set is Thrown weapon and Support magic such as healing and buffs.

22.jpg

barik.jpg
Iron Storm, coming right up.

With the combatants starting so close to each other, I might as well blow this AoE right on their face while Verse lets out some arrows from the back.

23.jpg

Bronze Age Combat Tactics is about to commence.

24.jpg

25.jpg

:lol:

Two Choirmen fell from the rain of steel. It's clean up time.

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

steve.jpg
You've a fucked up definition of the word trial.
29.jpg

RK47

Patron
16 - Mr Mandatory Healer
01.jpg

steve.jpg
Well, what of the scroll?
lantry.jpg
Much of the parchment was weathered, but I could make out the important parts of the text. The note makes mention of a meeting spot west of Tripnettle.
fifth.jpg
So the old Sage knows his words after all? I'd ask that you travel ahead and see if you can't get this Captain Florian to yield to the Chorus. They will strike at first sight of a Chorus gang, but perhaps they will parlay if yours is the face they see.
lantry.jpg
I know the area, and I suggest we go at once. I'll show you the way - I'm eager to be far from the stench of this camp.
steve.jpg
You're offering to come with me? Why?
lantry.jpg
Because the alternative is what? Living here with these illiterate brutes? My old study is under a river of fire and I've no family to miss me.
01a.jpg

steve.jpg
Something's amiss. There's a lot of fight in you for an old scholar. Now you're offering to join this expedition.
verse.jpg
I've met Sages every bit as cutthroat as hardended gang bosses. They act the part of doddering scribes, but don't let that fool you.
lantry.jpg
Smart for someone your age to be so mistrusting. But I'm not with the oathbreakers, if that's what you're fishing at. I worked for them under duress, but I've no love for them. I'm not about to pledge to the Chorus, and the Disfavored wouldn't have me. Still, I consider myself a Kyros-fearing vassal of the Overlord's empire all the same.
lantry.jpg
For as long as I've been a Sage I've been trained to defend myself. We don't spend all our time binding books and sketching wildlife. For centuries we've been in a quiet war with the School of Tides and the School of Wild Wrath. You can't travel alone as much as I do and not know the bronze dance.

The School of Tides - the same school that female oathbreaker Sage came from. Yeah, I think it's safe to take him along.

steve.jpg
So you won't be a parchment weight during a fight. Good to know. Fine. If you're so eager, come with me.
lantry.jpg
Splendid! You won't be disappointed
02.jpg

Larry is the mandatory support mage you'll get. The game does make him optional, but I really don't see any reason to refuse unless you just want to speed run past this.

His low Quickness hampers his spell cool-downs but with high Wits, the nukes and heals will deal higher numbers. I'd probably focus on getting Wits to 19 first before raising his Quickness.

03.jpg

His talent tree is more diverse than Barik and Verse. He has three instead of their two. Which is quite puzzling since being a mage, he actually has more access to active skills in form of spells than those two ever will.

Quill is focused on thrown weapon. I'll skip those talents for later since the first priority is to shape him up into a good Sage. He does start with a throwing ability that interrupts. It can be great to delay hostile casts.

Preservation improves support spells and looks purely defensive. Not a priority in Act 1 IMO.

The Sage tree is way more important that it seems. One point unlocks a melee strike ability that interrupts and spell breaches the target (lowers resistance to magic). It also comes with a cute clause that states if Lantry uses this ability from stealth it will paralyze the target.

A second point in Sage talent tree should be into Loremaster to improve his magic's performance and capability to learn more sigils.

With that done, it's time to butter / threaten our new Sage to get some Loyalty/Fear infused in him.

03a.jpg

steve.jpg
I'd like to know how you'd wind up in Vendrien's Well.
lantry.jpg
When the Vellum Citadel was set aflame by Kyros' Edict, I fled as far as my knees would carry me. Every direction seemed a bad idea, but heading to Vendrien's Well seemed the last suicidal option... mind you, I was laboring under the misconception that the Vendrien Guard had surrendered, and the fighting has stopped.
lantry.jpg
I arrived in the valley three days after they broke their treaty and claimed the citadel. The Vendrien Guard nabbed me and several other sages. The others were very sympathetic to the cause. As for me, I just agreed so as not to get everyone killed. I think defying the Overlord is a really slow and stupid form of suicide.
steve.jpg
Tell me about your work with the oathbreakers.
lantry.jpg
The Vendrien Guard has several noble-born in their ranks, and they know their letters - problem is, they've come from noble houses scattered across the realms - each with their own script. That's where the Sages and I come in - between us, we're familiar enough with all the regional scripts to translate and coordinate.
steve.jpg
So you're the designated anime fan-sub group?
lantry.jpg
Well, yes. But translating is child's play, so I... might have helped out a bit more. The old citadel is a crumbling affair and there's no time for proper construction - seemed a crime not too put my magic to work.
steve.jpg
What did you learn of their plans in your time there?
lantry.jpg
It won't surprise you to know their strategy is largely non-existent. They cling to the hope that their example will inspire others in the Tiers to come to the valley and join the cause. The recent inaction between the Archons has emboldened them - some even think the Archons FEAR the Vendrien Guard - I'm sure they have it quite wrong.
steve.jpg
Anything else you can tell me about the oathbreakers and their forces?
lantry.jpg
They surrendered back in 429 - and while a lot of them were conscripted in the Chorus, three of their leaders, Captain Arri, Matani and Florian, never turned themselves in. Instead, they hid in the valley, gathering what resources they could until they could challenge the local garrison.
steve.jpg
How many men do they have?
lantry.jpg
At highest count, earlier in the year, they numbered over four hundred - their ranks swollen by soldiers of Haven and Azure that survived the war. They are a dying breed, most in the Tiers have finally come to realize that Kyros has already won.

Only 400? I can Understand Dishonored being spread too thin to defend from such a concentrated attack, but the Scarlet Chorus has no excuse.

steve.jpg
So you provided military aid to the oathbreakers?
04.jpg

steve.jpg
Well, intent matters. You were doing what you needed to survive.
05.jpg

steve.jpg
Tell me about your magic.
lantry.jpg
Oh, I don't much like to brag about things like that.
steve.jpg
Not asking you to brag.
lantry.jpg
My major areas of focus has been Preservation, Concealment and Healing.
steve.jpg
Can you teach me anything?
lantry.jpg
I can show you how to blend your inks-
steve.jpg
Magic. I want you to teach me magic.
lantry.jpg
Hmm. If my School still mattered, I'd maybe be more tight-lipped but... if we're traveling together, you should know how to mend wounds, especially if I'm killed.
steve.jpg
I would be honored to learn.

Rummaging through his satchels, Lantry produces a long quill and a crumpled piece of parchment. With seven quick strokes of the quill, he inks a pattern on the page.

lantry.jpg
We'll start with the first principles. When mending wounds and easing pain, we invoke the magic of the Orphan Midwife, Archon of Rebirth. Now, trace the sigil, following the lines in the order I sketched them.
steve.jpg
Ugh, this is like chink calligraphy. What can you tell me about this Archon of Rebirth?
lantry.jpg
Didn't realize you care about your history. Well the Orphan Midwife was born in 160, bowed to Kyros in 201. They say where she walked, plants would sprout, the sick would grow vigorous, she'd also send most folks into fits of rage and animals into heat - she sounds like quite a riot.
steve.jpg
How did you came to learn this Sigil if it's only known to one of Kyros' Archons?
lantry.jpg
We know her magic by the way of one of her first disciples, who migrated to the tiers in 222 to spread her wisdom - an act that happened to be illegal under Kyros' law. For that and a host of other transgressions, the Orphan Midwife has been imprisoned for over a century, or so the story goes.

Lantry walks me through countless repetitions of the signing the mystic sigil. For hours, I wave my hand in the air to no effect, until at last, I felt the rush of power through my veins.

06a.jpg

steve.jpg
Thanks, we'll talk more later.

The loyalty bump is enough to unlock Lantry's first combo.

07.jpg

This is a pretty amazing combo. It creates an aura of effect around a party member to debuff and disrupt any hostile effect for 30 seconds. Suppose you have someone paralyzed for 15 seconds, you can just have someone under this aura effect come close to cancel the paralyzing effect. The debuffs are also pretty good.

But Lantry's best contribution is probably his Lore mastery to learn more sigils.

08.jpg

Here we picked up a Sigil of Illusion and learned almost all of the sigil scrolls we have found in our travels.

09.jpg

There's a reason why I saved up the scrolls until I've recruited Lantry. Learning a new scroll boosts the entire party's Lore skill. Learning a scroll when you only have Verse as a companion is a waste of free Lore.

Now we move on to the spell creation.

10.jpg

There's the Core sigil that is the basic attribute of the spell. E.g Life, Fire, Frost, Lightning. Basically if you want to make a healing spell, it involves the Sigil of Life as its core.

11.jpg

Next came Expression - that determines how the primary core is being applied. There's ranged, by touch, aura, as armor, cone radius etc.

12.jpg

The final modding of each spell effect came in the form of Accent sigils. These ranges from increasing a spell damage, duration, range, aoe radius etc.

The more bonus you stack, the higher the Lore requirement is. Therefore it's helpful to train up Lore so Barik can eventually cast some decent self buffs on himself. And since buffing/support spell needs no Accuracy to land, Barik is free to heal himself once you've learned the Sigil of Life.

15.jpg

You can also rename the customized spells if you want. They seem to have drawn most of these things from sandboxes like Skyrim: level up system and spell making. The former is a bit of an ill-fit. While the latter is slightly flawed, but I guess is interesting enough to mess with a for about half an hour or so.

Take for example this basic Sigil of Might.
13.jpg

When you limit its Expression to 'on touch' it's a very simple and low Lore requirement buffing spell.
But if you changed its expression into a 'cone' it increases its Lore requirement by 25 and it creates a different effect.

14.jpg

You can duplicate spells as long as the party members fulfill the Lore criteria.

17.jpg

All of these spells are nice at opening up new options in gameplay. A high lore Barik can suddenly perform insane parries when given Mirror-image or even cast an aura of debuff around himself. But it leads to another issue of the fucking hotbars being overcrowded.

18.jpg

I'm only level 2 and this problem is already apparent. They really failed to address the UI issue.

RK47

Patron
17 - Sad!
01.jpg

fifth.jpg
Was there anything else?
steve.jpg
What's your role in the Chorus?
fifth.jpg
While the whole of the Chorus remains loyal to the Voices of Nerat, I am truly the ... most loyal...oh so loyal of his numerous warriors.
verse.jpg
He's a Crimson Spear - part of the Archon's inner circle. Dozens of the strongest gang bosses answer to him, and from there the orders trickle down to the rest of the gang.
fifth.jpg
I am his eyes and ears, but also his mouth - for I speak with his authority when he is absent. And I am his killing edge when the rabble is moved to war!
steve.jpg
Did you ask for this honor?
fifth.jpg
I did not have to! The Voices of Nerat saw the need inside of me and through his arcane ministrations, burnt away the clinging, cloying parts of me that foolishly resisted the enlightenment.
barik.jpg
Disgusting as I may find this creature, the Fifth Eye is not the only one who has suffered changes in the service of this war.
fifth.jpg
No indeed, you ironclad behemoth. Have you ever considered jumping ship and enlisting with the Chorus? With strength like yours, we could have you leading a decorated gang in your first week.
barik.jpg
If I ever jumped ship, it would only be to sink to the bottom of the waves, beyond the reach of you and your parasite of an Archon.
steve.jpg
Are all Crimson Spears as odd as you?
fifth.jpg
I would not ask you to speak of the other Fatebinders. I will not speak for the other Crimson Spears.
verse.jpg
He's odd as fuck because he's an Eye - not because he's a Crimson Spear. The Spears are a cold, determined bunch. Eyes are a breed apart - owning a fraction of the Archon of Secrets' madness.
steve.jpg
When did you join the Chorus?
fifth.jpg
Unlike most of the conscripts here, I did not need a cudgel against the head to see the wisdom of the Archon of Secrets. I proudly joined the Chorus in its nascent days, left my home in Bastard City to join with the incoming Chorus... and the rest is glory and history.
verse.jpg
These days, you follow the Chorus or die. We who chose the path and killed to defend our place are the old guard. Even if it's been two or three years, the Chorus has short memory.

She nods to the Fifth Eye with grudging respect.

steve.jpg
Who is the strongest in your camp?
verse.jpg
I am, naturally.
fifth.jpg
Well the Archon is, without question, the mightiest in the camp. Death Knell is the master trainer here, and she's almost tough enough to take me. She's a biter - don't tell her I told you that - but she can be trusted to fight and lead. And while her humility is lacking, Verse is correct - she's been running with the Furies even longer than Death Knell. Too bad that skill and puissance did nothing to save her sisters.
steve.jpg
What happened to her sisters?
02.jpg

verse.jpg
Look, don't ask. I'll tell you about it in my own time.
steve.jpg
What do you think of the Disfavored Commander?
fifth.jpg
Iron Marshal Erenyos is a doting worrier, just like the Archon of War. She's one of the few select Disfavored cautious and cowardly enough to be trusted with the Archon's iron toddlers. No doubt her primary qualifications include being related to Ashe... the legion's a little big into its pedigree, if you catch my drift.
03.jpg

steve.jpg
Fifth Eye, are we here to cooperate or to snipe each other at every turn?
fifth.jpg
I suppose that depends on where you're standing, illustrious Fatebinder. Not all of us enjoy the privilege of lawful objectivity. Some of us have had to endure these cretins in their pitiful excuse of a war.
barik.jpg
Enough! The Fatebinder is here because these debates have stayed our hands for too long. Say what you would of the Iron Marshal, if only so we can part ways and be done with this siege.
steve.jpg
Yeah, chill guys. I'm done here. Verse? Can we talk?
04.jpg

steve.jpg
Tell me about your sisters.
verse.jpg
Three Whispers, Red Geyser, and Seeking-Sheath. Best fighters I ever met. There wasn't a foe we couldn't take down together. Our fighting styles complemented perfectly, so we divided up the killing work like bards sharing a song. At least we used to.
steve.jpg
What happened to them?
verse.jpg
We were scouting around Vendrien's Well during the siege, back when we only suspected the Guard of organizing in secret. My sisters and I came upon a group of them. That was when everything went wrong. I was supposed to take point and occupy the Guard with a dance of bladework - something disorienting while my sisters picked their marks. I... hesitated. I lost my nerve. Instead of rushing the oathbreakers, I froze with my weapon drawn. My sisters fought on without me, but they were off-balance - like whatever I had was catching.
05.jpg

steve.jpg
You froze? Your actions were inexcusable for a fighter of your station.
06.jpg

verse.jpg
Hesitation is a rot. It's unbecoming of any Chorus member, and unheard of in a Scarlet Fury. I would cut it from my body and cauterize the wound if only I knew its source.
steve.jpg
But why did you lose your nerve?
verse.jpg
I wish I had an explanation. For the first time, I lost the dance. The song of murder drew silent. Instead, there was only rigid, organized control.
barik.jpg
That sounds like the security of a phalanx to me. You should practice a more orderly form of combat if it suits you well.
verse.jpg
Even if the Scarlet Chorus fought in formation, it wouldn't be anything like your hideous shield wall.
steve.jpg
Tell me about your fighting styles.
verse.jpg
I'm good at picking up different weapons and fighting techniques. My sisters were the masters of their fighting forms. But since they died, my style has changed, almost like... I can kill as they did. I could pick up a bow, a lance, anything, really. I could tear someone to pieces with a weapon that I only watched my sisters use.
steve.jpg
Well, that's interesting. I have thoughts about that particular ability of yours.
verse.jpg
Do you now? Call me intrigued.
08.jpg

steve.jpg
Your talent reminds me of the Voices of Nerat.
09a.jpg

09.jpg

steve.jpg
I'm not comparing you to him. Just the talent you exhibit.
verse.jpg
My talent that latches onto my friends and bleed them dry, you mean? Because I never asked for it! I've traveled with the Chorus for years. I've seen what the Voices can do, and it scares me, all right? The idea that everything I am could be reduced to that! If I had that kind of power, if I could become like him, I don't know how I could live with myself. I'd rather drown myself in a camp latrine.

Why so sensitive all the sudden? She had no qualms killing her neighbors and being all round edgy.

steve.jpg
You don't have to become like him. Just be...selective.
verse.jpg
I'm sure he had the same idea when he got started... but you know what they say about power. It's usually wielded by assholes. My sisters died. You should have seen us. We were amazing together. I didn't mean to take away what made them special, but I did it all the same. And let me tell you... it felt terrible. If I lived a century, I might never figure out how to make that happen aain. And more importantly, I don't want to.
steve.jpg
How is it that you picked up your fallen sisters' skills?
verse.jpg
That's been on my mind for some time, and I still don't have an explanation that fits. Scarlet Furies share a sort of link. It's how we coordinate our dance in the heat of battle. We don't pass messages or anything, but our emotions and intentions sync up without words.
verse.jpg
I felt this connection more keenly than my sisters I did. I could pick up nuances that they missed, and I could feel them from farther away. When my sisters died, I felt each of them getting yanked out of my brain like someone pulling snails from a garden, but some of their slime residue was still there. Does that make any sense?
steve.jpg
You should exploit this skill to its fullest potential.
verse.jpg
Skills? Not sure if I'd call it that. There's something parasitic about it, but I take your point. If there's an advantage to this thing I'm experiencing, I'm not above using it against our foes.
steve.jpg
Good. We'll talk again later.

New Fear Combo Unlocked: Fury's Rage.

10.jpg

11.jpg

15 seconds of 30-42 Fire dmg when Verse attacks. There's not much resistance against fire damage. But the craziest part of this combo is the AoE effect that has does 12-16 fire damage and applies burning damage over time for 5.8 seconds every time it pulses. With +100 Accuracy bonus, there's no missing this free 60-80 Fire Damage to surrounding targets.

RK47

Patron
18 - Jagged Alliance
01.jpg

steve.jpg
What were you expecting?
death.jpg
I expected a mountain - a warrior of colossal size who could shout a rampart wall into submission. But I think you'll do just fine.
steve.jpg
Thanks. How's the Chorus recruitment going?
death.jpg
Swelling until its thundering, then crashing and receding. It's been the way of the Chorus as long as I've been in it. We take our prisoners alive, give them a chance yet to live. Putting every able body to the sword like the Disfavored do is nothing but a waste. A conquered enemy is but a new ally - it merely requires the proper coercion.
steve.jpg
Have you encountered any problems?
death.jpg
Of course, we do sometimes have the problem of lingering loyalties. Deserters are rarely successful in their escape, but they do try. The Vendrien Guard, strengthened by their numerous blood ties, have been particularly stubborn. So I've a better plan hatched.
steve.jpg
And what might that be?
death.jpg
I'm thinking we re-double our efforts to recruit settlers, focusing on the unaligned and unsuspecting, instead of flushing ourselves to the gills with oathbreakers, claimed from the battlefield.
steve.jpg
How exactly do you plan to convince them?
death.jpg
A knifepoint has sufficed well enough in the past. But you've inspired me to try a more diplomatic approach this day. What do you say, Binder? You might be able to ease them into the idea - and save the lives of their friend and neighbors in the process.
steve.jpg
If it means expediting the end to this meandering conflict, so be it.
death.jpg
Haha! That's the spirit! My methods are sure-fire. You'll see. I'll mark the settlement on your map. I can't wait to see the outcome of your efforts.
steve.jpg
I'll return with good news.

I spotted a small group of Disfavored troops camped in one little corner of the compound.

02.jpg

sal.jpg
But I'm pleased to meet you all the same. Now, what brings you to my little slice of personal damnation otherwise known as this here mud and shit-stinking Chorus camp?
steve.jpg
Got anything to report, soldier? Anything unusual?
sal.jpg
What about them isn't unusual? The army itself is a strange, malnourished Beast. But no, the screamers seem mostly in order, sir. And I haven't been spying - if that's what you're implying, Sir. Course, even if I was, it'd be damned near impossible to learn anything from this shit-sty. Fifth Eye and those damn Furies don't even loop me in enough for me to do my detail. And it's not for lack of trying on my part.
steve.jpg
What do you mean?
sal.jpg
I'm not just here to keep a steady eye on the oathbreakers - who they give far too much freedom after conscripting. I'm here to be a resource for the benefit of both armies. I can provide insight regarding proper stratagem and request a stock of troops from Iron Marshal for reinforcements, if needed. But they won't listen to me, nor confide in me, nor fight beside the brethren I could request.
steve.jpg
That's terrible. Why are you posted here anyway?
sal.jpg
I made the grave mistake of suggesting the Iron Marshal wasn't utilizing the Chorus. Well, here I am. A liaison officer to a camp of liars and cheats who sooner gut me than ask for my aid. Guess she showed me.
steve.jpg
Ha. Take care then, soldier.

There are also trainers in the Scarlet Chorus Camp.

03.jpg

They limit training per level to 5 times, just like Skyrim. And the higher your skill level is, the more it costs. My approach is simple: get Lore up first to a comfortable level. There's really no point in training up the weapon/defense skills for Barik just yet, because the defensive buffs he is capable of self-casting eventually will grant him very high defensive bonus to make him capable of soaking up all the opening salvos the enemy is likely to use at the start of combat. Once his Lore is sufficient, then the training can start on other things.

An exception could be made to Verse, since she can just shoot arrows all day from the back. It may be better to bump her Bow skill instead for a higher chance of critical hits.

RK47

Patron
19 - Broken Fight
01.jpg

With sufficient Lore, we'll return to Edgering to claim something we've left behind and stopping at Disfavored Camp to make a purchase.

Before I forget, Verse' three sisters ability manifest in three stances she can adopt in combat.

02.jpg

Out of the three, Seeking-Sheath seems to be the most cost-effective to use. I see no point in her taking hits in Red Geyser stance. She's an archer. Just get critical hits and be done with it.

09.jpg

Upon leveling her up, I mainly focus on her Quickness for faster regular attacks. There's no complexity with her ranged set up. She has a ranged DoT and that's it.

10.jpg

First point on talent should go towards Duelist: Killing Spree I. Give her the killing blow and she doubles her dps immediately for a length of time. It's the gift that keeps on giving. Moving around halts recovery and lowers DPS, therefore a ranged Verse is a much better choice IMO in both damage and survival terms.

03.jpg

04.jpg

Saving the merchant is worth the reputation loss with Disfavored. There is a Sigil I really want from him.

05.jpg

Guarded expression transform the core sigil into a protective attribute.
Combine Illusion with Guarded Expression and you'll have this:

06.jpg

Take note that you can customize sigil names, so don't be triggered by the cool names, Ninjerk
Applying this buff to Barik will ensure nothing much can take him down in the initial salvo.
With that, we move on towards Edgering ruins.

07.jpg

08.jpg

I like how the map has day/night cycle. It's not bad. I don't find the game really ugly except for the animated figurine portrait. Also, this is where I'll show how broken the 'raise-skill-by-use' system is.

Remember the two oathbreakers I skip past in tutorial?

11.jpg

They're still alive, eternally stabbing the lone Disfavored trooper. Why can't they kill each other? Because when you move off-screen, NPCs regenerate. You put that and Skyrim level up system together and you come up with a broken method to level up.

:lol: You can also disengage and resume the training session later if you need more EXP. Well done, Obsidian. Well done.

12.jpg

13.jpg

Back to the abandoned altar, we can now claim the Lore 35 torc that eluded us at the start of the game.

14.jpg

15.jpg

It's well worth the trouble IMO.

RK47

Patron
20 - Ambushed by Cutscene
Next stop: Remote settlement
01.jpg

02.jpg

steve.jpg
It's too quiet. Let me scout ahead.

Entering stealth mode, I approach the abandoned village cautiously.

03.jpg

Only to be caught in a fucking cutscene.

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

steve.jpg
Sigh.
07.jpg

No matter how high your subterfuge skill, this ambush will always occur. I'm pretty pissed. The game had the choice of physical intimidation (Athletics), deception (Subterfuge), intellect (Lore) during dialogue but they never seem to implement them on set pieces like these. I don't think I'm asking too much when the game triggers a Subterfuge check upon entering the village that determines whether their ambush is a success or not.

Whatever. Let's kill them.
The Ice Cone sigil with a range upgrade is pretty bullshit in terms of reach. Have a look.

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

How can it not be broken? It's an 8-projectile ice spell over an area!

13.jpg

15.jpg

Ranged-Illusion applies a Prone debuff. Too good when you add the +15 Accuracy Sigil. That guy's dead when the debuff landed. Leaving the last archer on rooftop.

17.jpg

18.jpg

steve.jpg
Now you step forth to reveal yourself? You're not a Fury. You're a coward.
19.jpg

steve.jpg
Well. They're all dead. No recruits for you.
20.jpg

steve.jpg
Loot what we can and let's return to the Chorus Camp.
21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

steve.jpg
You've got some explaining to do, Fury. I wasn't greeted by settlers, they were all Vendrien Guards.
25.jpg

I'm starting to understand why Papa Smurf is pissed with Taylor Swift. This is faulty intel. A normal diplomat would've died in an ambush.

26.jpg

Leveled up, and now I can finally use the talent point I saved up.

27.jpg

For some reason, Obsidian thinks people should be protected from bad choices... like the Leadership tree being only available at Level 3. Leadership is actually a very good ability. The initial investment may not seem much granting a melee 'mark target' bonus, but higher tier talents are definitely top grade.
Take this one for example:

28.jpg

That's a debuff remover. Extremely useful when your party gets hit by crowd control or DoTs. And it's an aura, meaning it can support multiple party numbers at the same time. It's definitely too good to skip.

29.jpg

Never seen that NPC before. Let's listen to his life story.

30.jpg

steve.jpg
Look alive, soldier. This place eats the weak.
vit.jpg
Y-yes, Captain!
steve.jpg
New to the Chorus? Captain is a southern term.
vit.jpg
I shouldn't be here! The Chorus... I don't know what I was thinking, I'm not like these people.
steve.jpg
And just why is this a mistake? Did someone take the vow for you?
vit.jpg
No, but I was forced to take the vow! They slew my pa right in front of me, then told me I was next if I didn't join the Chorus! I've never served in the village watch! I didn't know it'd be like this.
steve.jpg
Never served in the watch? Just how old are you?
vit.jpg
How old? Um..pa said I was born in 418 so that makes me-
steve.jpg
Too young to be in the Chorus. Summon your gang leader. I'll solve this.
vit.jpg
Two Tooth!
31.jpg

steve.jpg
This boy - he of a proper fighting age?
two.jpg
The boy's strong enough to swing a sword.
steve.jpg
You're aware that under Nerat's own law - Honor and Guard the Young - this boy is exempt from the battlefield.
32.jpg

steve.jpg
Southern tradition requires all non-seafaring men to take arms for the village watch upon 15th year of their name. This boy had not yet served his watch, which means he is not of age.
33.jpg

steve.jpg
Aren't you forgetting something? Children are a valued and protected commodity in the Chorus. As he's a member of your gang, you'll need to properly serve and protect him until he comes of age.
34.jpg

:lol: This is such a believable reaction.

35.jpg

36.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom