Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Larian subforum - Make it happen!

Do you want a Larian subforum? If yes, when do you want it?

• Yes, and I want it now!

Votes: 17 24.6%
  • No, D:OS was boring. Btw, any news about how Fallout 4 is shaping up? Can't wait!

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • While we're at it, can I have my own subforum please? They are all the rage right now. (kingcomrade)

Votes: 19 27.5%
  • No, subforums are for games by studios we don't give a fuck about. Larian doesn't deserve that fate.

Votes: 27 39.1%

• Total voters

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Too many subforums. At least merge the BioWare and Bethesda subforums into The Pit of Decline.

Naw the only metric ought to be the volume of posts and threads, and it seems like both of those subforums have enough to warrant their existence. We have a whole jrpg section too so it's not like the subforums were ever based on the quality of the games, anyway.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Too many subforums. At least merge the BioWare and Bethesda subforums into The Pit of Decline.
Here's an idea: make the top forums sub-forums, and the sub-forums top forums.

News and Content would go under Obsidian, since it's primarily used to shill them anyway. General Gaming Discussion would of course be under Bioware, since they don't make RPGs any more. RPG Discussion would be under Larian, since they are the only RPG developer left. Codex Playground would be under Bethesda, since they make sexual playgrounds. General Discussion would be under CDProjekt, since they are both filled with polacks. Codex Workshop would go under InXile Entertainment, since no one on the Codex cares about either of them. If you feel obligated to use this inventive idea, DarkUnderlord there's no need to credit or thank me in any way, just know that you are doing the right thing.

Where's the problem?

Dh7Bkt6.jpg

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
This is overkill. When I click RPG forums I want to see whats new and cool and what are the most popular topics talked about.
Now I cant see shit cause its in 17 subforums and I see same indie games threads in the main forum for months now. Fuck you.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Hmm, the SitS thread is at 108 pages already... might be time for a Whalenought subforum.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Good, now I can ignore this shitty company more easily. Thank you, Dark Underlord.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
It's actually interesting. I do feel like they try hard, but their weird sense of humor just rubs me the wrong way, and we're all aware they can't write at all. I can't have an RPG with tons of dialogue suffer from poor writing; even Baldur's Gate with its stupid references was better written than all Larian games taken together.

Which is a shame. I might actually like Original Sin if the character system was more fleshed out and if the game had less / no dialogue. You can't evoke an Ultima 7 world feeling when your world isn't open and when all the things you read and say are banal.

Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
I think we need a subforum about subforums so we can bitch about subforums while we browse other subforums to see if any subforum is good.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
FFS all those subforums. Remove them all and use tags instead, just boost the tag-filtering capabilities.

Or if that's too hard just make one new forum alongside GRPG, such as the jRPG forum. Call it Mainstream RPGs or something.

Really all this merging threads + dividing in subforums is some premium OCD shit right there.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
There should also be a subforum for Warhammer video games. Probably in Strategy Gaming.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Can we just have on general rpg discussion and maybe japanese games and that's all? so I could just check only one subforum and see all the important stuff and

no?
uh, okay then...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom