Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Leaked Docs Reveal Game Companies Using AI To Spy On You To See If You're Jacking Off

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Deadman's Switch Leaks Info About Game Advertising AI That Manipulates You Into Buying DLC

https://8ch.net/pol/res/11150685.html
http://archive.is/0k2sp

AI monitoring, shilling and mapping our homes

tl;dr

AI tracking everything we do
3IdTVri.png

UpBSc0n.png

q816MDq.png

S4n2OXK.jpg

4NAXi2V.png

lirNk1Y.png

Time to buy a silent chair... :oops::oops::oops:

yCzoTZl.png

This one is something special:

bLKkD3W.png

You like that, you filthy little American pay piggies? I know you like it.+M

:mixedemotions:

mondblut

Arcane
People who never part with their phone and did not rip the camera and mic out of their laptop (and dumb enough not to have a proper desktop instead in the first place) deserve whatever happens to them.

sser

Arcane
Developer
People who never part with their phone and did not rip the camera and mic out of their laptop (and dumb enough not to have a proper desktop instead in the first place) deserve whatever happens to them.

People already put those amazon/google listening devices in their homes. T.V.'s also often have microphones and other data trackers. We're just data on legs now, boyo.

potatojohn

Arcane
I think vodafone is using an AI too.

But it seems a bit odd; They to send me notifications that maximises my hatred for them.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Not surprising in the slightest.

I don't really give a fuck either. It has zero impact on my life on a daily basis, and will continue to have so.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the massive DATA EXPUNGED black block on the chair bit. It's probably the least creepy bit of the document, but now I'm here thinking about what my shitty chair could possibly say about me.

Joke's on them, I fidget constantly no matter what and my chair is noisy. Take those false positives, bitches.

What if the person is just alt-tabbing out of the game to fap? I mean, everyone does that, right?

:philosoraptor:

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Why is this censored?
Not sure. Maybe these pictures were originally taken for another purpose, maybe they reveal info about the leaker.

Or more likely, this is an attempt at blackmail. The first deadman's switch release shows they mean business and how the internet will react. The second release adds fuel to the fire and names names - unless the company pays out big. Remember, this is release 1 of 2.

I remember when I said that the only reason 2-factor authentication was being implemented was because they wanted your phone number. People didn't believe me. Look who's laughing now.

The best part about this is that they are just using a simplistic AI that finds obvious correlations of purchase rate vs. randomized ads, then tailors the ads to maximize purchase rate. No human was involved in figuring out that the menstrual cycle makes women critically weak to ads during a certain 2-day period, it was only stopped because someone recognized the pattern and shut it down to avoid inflaming the SJW crowd. But there's probably thousands of other connections that they don't even realize the AI is making. Detect that the mental state of someone indicates they are about to commit suicide? Big ad time!

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Now you know why $50+ million games are shit. They spend money on this garbage instead of actually making the game good.

Of course. How can you MAXIMIZE DEM REVENUE STREAMS other than by using complex and creepy next level spyware? Make good games and get rewarded by the market? Please.

HansDampf

Arcane
I remember when I said that the only reason 2-factor authentication was being implemented was because they wanted your phone number. People didn't believe me. Look who's laughing now.

The best part about this is that they are just using a simplistic AI that finds obvious correlations of purchase rate vs. randomized ads, then tailors the ads to maximize purchase rate. No human was involved in figuring out that the menstrual cycle makes women critically weak to ads during a certain 2-day period, it was only stopped because someone recognized the pattern and shut it down to avoid inflaming the SJW crowd. But there's probably thousands of other connections that they don't even realize the AI is making. Detect that the mental state of someone indicates they are about to commit suicide? Big ad time!
This reminds me of this TED talk: "We're building a dystopia just to make people click on ads | Zeynep Tufekci".
AIs are already exploiting many forms of mental illnesses. She also gives examples of YT algorithms pushing people to the extremes. Watch videos about vegetarian diets, and YT starts recommending videos about veganism.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom