Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Legacy of Kain: Dead Sun Cancelled

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I haven't played any of the games past the original Blood Omen and can't speak for this series specifically, but sometimes a reboot makes sense. At some point rebooting is logical when the entire series revolves around one main plot point. For example Batman is all about his origin story and his first encounter with a half-dozen villains, after that you're just repeating the same shit forever. In contrast something like Star Trek could literally go on forever, as there isn't one plot, if that makes sense.

The reboot being good is of course the important part, which... well... lol @ concept art, etc.

fuck you all faggots those artworks are not that bad :mad: now i wil never put leeches on my undead bitch ass. fucking:decline:

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
I haven't played any of the games past the original Blood Omen and can't speak for this series specifically, but sometimes a reboot makes sense. At some point rebooting is logical when the entire series revolves around one main plot point. For example Batman is all about his origin story and his first encounter with a half-dozen villains, after that you're just repeating the same shit forever. In contrast something like Star Trek could literally go on forever, as there isn't one plot, if that makes sense.

The reboot being good is of course the important part, which... well... lol @ concept art, etc.
Except that there is no game ending the Kain's Legacy, only the Soul Reaver arc.

Athelas

Arcane
Not exactly a big loss, judging by the shitty art design and shitty story specs that were leaked.

Really, the franchise was already in decline after the first two games, when they moved away from exploration and puzzles into shitty combat. Not to mention the convoluted, retconnish mess the story devolved into (pure evil aliens vs. blue angel vampires, WTF?).

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Not exactly a big loss, judging by the shitty art design and shitty story specs that were leaked.

Really, the franchise was already in decline after the first two games, when they moved away from exploration and puzzles into shitty combat. Not to mention the convoluted, retconnish mess the story devolved into (pure evil aliens vs. blue angel vampires, WTF?).
It's quite a bit more convoluted than that. And it's also quite excellent.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
If they made an open world RPG in the style of the very first game it would make a lot of money. Of course Square thinks 4 million copies sold isn't enough, so...

Gerrard

Arcane
Sounds like incline to me. You didn't honestly expect it to be good?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
If they made an open world RPG in the style of the very first game it would make a lot of money. Of course Square thinks 4 million copies sold isn't enough, so...

Legacy of Kain started an an open world RPG? Always thought it was just a Tomb Raider style 3D Platformer with a few upgrades.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter

Legacy of Kain started an an open world RPG? Always thought it was just a Tomb Raider style 3D Platformer with a few upgrades.
Started as a Zelda clone.

For fucks sake, where am I going to get my Simon Templeman fix now!?
Dragon Age: Origins:troll:
What voice did he do in DA? He also made VA in Dead Space 3.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
When people say 'Zelda clone' to me it means 8 bit original Legend of Zelda but I'm guessing you mean the 3D ones.

Machocruz

Arcane
They mean a top down action adventure game where you get items that let you open up formerly restricted areas, explore trap laden dungeons.

Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain (PSX, PC)

kain-02.jpg

51868-Blood_Omen_-_Legacy_of_Kain_%2528E%2529-21.jpg

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Not really an open world I guess, been a long time since I played it, but it was a lot different from the sequels.

Machocruz

Arcane
It was Link to the Past with gothic fantasy skin. Boulders blocking your path? Come back later with the mace that smashes boulders.

You took damage in the sun, some paths only opened up during certain time of day or moon phases. If you turned into a werewolf, NPCs would turn hostile. Dirty gypsies threw knives at you. It was p. cool, and the first PS1 game I bought. Slowdown and loading were a BITCH though.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
O I C. Wonder why they don't sell this one on Steam... or apparently any other sites from what I see.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Slowdown and loading were a BITCH though.
Yeah, Jesus Christ. Loading screen everytime you open and close inventory menu is a bit excessive even for PSX standards.

O I C. Wonder why they don't sell this one on Steam... or apparently any other sites from what I see.
Because the PC version is horrible to run on modern systems. And also because it's a different company with the rights, I think.

Zeriel

Arcane
Just when I was starting to feel good about gaming again, this had to come along and punch me in the gut.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom