Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Legend of Erthia - Armageddon (Might and Magic Inspired Game) - Official Thread

erthia

Educated
Legend of Erthia - Armageddon is my game project heavily inspired by Might and Magic. I have been a fan of the series for a very long time. Might and Magic VI is my favourite. However, LOE - Armageddon is kind of a cross between MM7 and Xeen based on how the game works. The skill and class system a spitting image of MM7 with additional classes such as the angel (later in game) and the pirate.

FYI:
I just want to give a big thanks to Luzur for bringing the news of my project to the RPG Codex. I am generally not too active on the forums, for I use Facebook as the main source for updates. So, I decided I'll take some more action and start posting more updates on my project here as well. I would like to sidenote that there is already a thread that Luzur created here floating around. I decided to create this new thread so that I can update it a bit easier. I generally like to keep the first post of the thread updated to the recent changes like what I am doing at CH. So, this would be much easier if I started the thread.

*Below are some older screenshots. Catherine's face portrait is different in a couple of the images. I did some adjustments to face portrait placement which do not reflect on a couple of the screenshots.

logo001.jpg

screenshot001.jpg

screenshot002.jpg

screenshot003.jpg

Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/thelegendoferthia

http://www.legendoferthia.com

Legend of Erthia - Armageddon is beng developed with RPG Maker VX. I have done a tremendous amount of work with scripting and editing scripts to make things work. One of the biggest challenges was the 3D script. I had to do a lot of editing in order to get LOE where it is today. All of the Might and Magic scripts such as parameters, skills, tests, trainers, etc... I had to start from scratch, so this is no basic RPG Maker project. The first script I created for LOE was a basic form of the random treasure and enchantment system. Today, it is much more complex and rewarding than any of the Might and Magic games you have played! There are endless possibilites of treasures that can be found.

*MM4-8 resources are used in LOE - Armageddon. Ubisoft and the MM team have given me permission to use them. LOE - Armagedon is a non-profit project from an MM fan for MM fans.

Current Features:
- Over 10 classes with two promotion levels
- A very open world, if you can survive
- Fire, Water, Earth, Air, Body, Mind, Spirit, Etheral magic schools
- MM7 Skills + LOE Extras
- Over 60 maps completed so far
- Very dynamic random treasure system including material properties (bronze, gold, etc...)
- 5 member customizable party system
- Character generator/creator
- Combat mechanics with a cross between Xeen and MM6-8 *Combat has to be triggered like in MM2
- Day and Night cycles
- Respawning Monsters
- Randomly generated parameter barrels, fountains, etc at the start of each game
- Over 100 quests written up and in the database
- Expert, Master, and Grandmaster instructors
- A large world to explore, LOE is pretty huge
- And more!

Last edited:

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Sounds interesting and that screenshot looks nice. I didn't even know you can do blobbers in RPGMaker.

But why do you call the game "Legend of Erthia - Armageddon" on the 'dex but "Legend of Erthia: Resurrection" on the Website? That's a bit confusing.

Looking forward to it, I hope you manage to complete it :)

erthia

Educated
Sounds interesting and that screenshot looks nice. I didn't even know you can do blobbers in RPGMaker.

But why do you call the game "Legend of Erthia - Armageddon" on the 'dex but "Legend of Erthia: Resurrection" on the Website? That's a bit confusing.

Looking forward to it, I hope you manage to complete it :)

Thanks Scrooge. There are three different projects based on LOE. Ressurection is the Ultima Online-like (played offline) project, The Etheral Gate is the Ultima approach to Armageddon, and Armageddon is the the most focused and MM-like version to the game. I know it's confusing. My updates and projects have been all over the place. Once I get my site up and running properly this will help clarify the projects a bit better.

Last edited:

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Rpgmaker?! Very impressive!
Is there any video footage you're happy to show us, yet? Screenshots look like its gonna be awesome, but seeing it in motion would be cool, too!
Just wondering, are you the only developer behind all three Erthias?

erthia

Educated
Thanks! I will be creating a new video soon to reflect upon the new changes I have done in the last little while.

To any moderator:
Can somebody unmerge my post. I created a separate one so that I could manage updates easier, but my thread ended up getting attached to this one.

EDIT: Thanks! Topic unmerged.

Last edited:

erthia

Educated
Is the party the player creates restricted to humans like in MM6 or are there other races available like in MM7?

Right now it is only humans like MM6, but if people are interested in races it wouldn't too much of a problem to add in.

Dorateen

Arcane
Is the party the player creates restricted to humans like in MM6 or are there other races available like in MM7?

Right now it is only humans like MM6, but if people are interested in races it wouldn't too much of a problem to add in.

Thanks for the reply! I'd like to request the availability of different races, which has long been part of the Might & Magic experience.

erthia

Educated

Thanks for the reply! I'd like to request the availability of different races, which has long been part of the Might & Magic experience.

Thanks for bringing it up. I haven't really thought much about the races during the progress of LOE to be honest. However, consider it done! I'm just reflecting back upon Xeen and Isles of Terra, and I think it is a good idea to bring the races in too.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Looks good. You would probably have won our RPG Maker contest.

Interesting choice to use 3D portraits in an otherwise very 2D/sprite-looking game.

erthia

Educated

Interesting choice to use 3D portraits in an otherwise very 2D/sprite-looking game.

Thanks Zed. What do you think, do you like the 3D portraits, or would you prefer a more 2D approach in your opinion? I have been contemplating on this myself.

Aenra

Ressurection is the Ultima Online-like (played offline) project

talking.jpg

:desu:

please change those health/mana indicators to something more.. retro and Ultima-ish. Please. They don't fit. You really should consider this. Really. Did i say please?

erthia

Educated
Aenra :
This project is very early but has a lot of good scripting. Unlike Armageddon, this has my later scripting which has improved greatly, so I got cleaner code to work with. Armageddon is pretty messy coding but works. Those bars are the defaults which wiill be worked on later. Here is the original work that was done before I decided to change it to LOE - Resurrection. I was originally going to use this style for LOE - TEG, but because of complications with the party system it was best to go with the UO type of game. I didn't want to scrap all the work I put into the project, that's why Resurrection was created. LOE - The Etheral Gate is the party based Ultima style game which shares the same story as Armageddon but different gameplay styles. It also has tactical battles.

However, if there are any features or suggestions feel free to post them on the website or the FB page:
https://www.facebook.com/thelegendoferthia

I'm trying to keep this thread for LOE - Armageddon (MM project). :) Yeah, the site is still WIP, but it will be more flexible soon. Anyways, thanks for taking a look at the project!

1521861_627334697322883_120728531_n.jpg

Aenra

erthia hint taken ^^
Though perhaps you could consider opening a thread up for etheral gate and/or resurrection? There are some really knowledgeable people here, in all things Ultima :)
Will be following progress for sure.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014

Thanks Zed. What do you think, do you like the 3D portraits, or would you prefer a more 2D approach in your opinion? I have been contemplating on this myself.
I think they look fine!
(maybe they're a little up close though)

erthia

Educated
Zed
Thanks, resizing wouldn't be difficult at all.

Aenra
That would be a good idea, but I'm not sure the mods would want to see so many LOE threads. There already is this one and the old thread. I could make another one that combines both LOE - TEG and Resurrection. I'll have to ask a mod to see if it's okay, don't want to spam the forums.

erthia

Educated
Okay guys, here are the latest updates:

I have now nearly finished updating the world with all of the paramater enhancing objects such as fountains, barrels, magic pots, etc. I made changes in the coding so that everything is random per game. So, you will never get the same barrel, fountain, etc... The old method was fixed and these objects would be the same all the time.

In addition, I am also in the middle of finishing a new cave, a pretty decent sized one. I am using a map of 65 x 65 grid tiles. This is a pretty fair size for the perspective being used. So, there will be plenty of traps, monster mashing, loot, exploring, and the such in this new cave.

Also, I have already started on adding those races. So, LOE will include the following races: Human, Orc, Dwarf, Elf, and the Angel (Special).

11129643_859262864130064_372326605341217470_n.jpg

flushfire

Augur
The modern looking portraits (I mean just look at Maximus' and Catherine's hair) seem a little out of place but it's no big deal.

erthia

Educated
Thanks for the feedback! As mentioned above, I have been contimplating on changing theml, but the larger focus for the time being is getting the dungeons completed for the quests that are already implemented into the game.

Last edited:

lorn

Educated
Impressive, what you managed to do with RPGMaker.

How far along are you in development of the game? As in, "I'd say it's x% complete."

erthia

Educated
Thanks guys. There is no acromage or any side games at this moment. The main focus is getting the main game complete first. I would say that at least 70% of the work is done. Quests, spells, weapons, MM scripts, skills, etc are pretty much completed and most of the remaining work mostly consists of level design, getting in the portraits for NPCs, and assigning the quests that are already in the database to NPCs.

Last edited:

erthia

Educated
Will be released before Grimoire

Not sure, I haven't paid too much attention to that project. I have only seen the threads here at the codex. However, progress is going pretty good now for LOE - Armageddom, but I'm not going to give a fixed release date at this time because I want to make sure when I do it is accurate.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom