Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Legend of Grimrock 2

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.grimrock.net/2014/09/26/animated-mummies-lurk-in-the-halls/

Animated Mummies Lurk in the Halls

monster_rigs.gif

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Sales number watchers - Grimrock has sold 900k copies: http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/114...00k-units-sequel-draws-closer-to-release.html

Legend of Grimrock Series Sales Approaching One Million

The development of Legend of Grimrock 2 has entered final testing phase, sales of Legend of Grimrock dungeon crawling game series are still going on strong.

ESPOO, FINLAND - OCTOBER 1, 2014. Indie game developer Almost Human Ltd. is proud to announce that their dungeon crawling role playing game series is well on track to sell over a million copies. The first installment of the series, Legend of Grimrock, has surpassed the milestone of 900 000 copies sold while the pre-orders for the second game, due to release on 15th of October, are going on strong. The developer anticipates that the milestone of 1 million copies sold will be achieved still during this year, after the release of Legend of Grimrock 2 on Steam, GOG.com and other online distributors. Following the recently released new trailer, the sequel has been available for pre-orders on Almost Human's website www.grimrock.net for a special 15% discount off the regular price of $23.99.

Legend of Grimrock 2 development also reached an important milestone today when the Release Candidate version of the game was completed. "With the sequel, we set to improve on an already great game and, judging by the extremely positive impressions of our beta testers, we have definitely reached our goal and more" says Antti Tiihonen, one of the co-founders of Almost Human. "All the aspects of gameplay and presentation in Legend of Grimrock 2 have been either touched up, expanded upon or, in some cases, completely rebuilt and we're thrilled that we finally get to share our newest creation with role playing game fans" continues Antti. Next the game will enter its final testing phase to ensure that it is stable and bug-free when it is released. With the game in near-final quality, Almost Human is gearing up to sending review copies to the gaming media and the developer is confident that the sequel won't fail to impress.

I'm thinking of playing through the first Grimrock before the second one comes out. If I've played dungeon master and EoTB, will I be disappointed? Or will I enjoy it through a reawakened nostalgia?

Sinatar

Arbiter
I'm thinking of playing through the first Grimrock before the second one comes out. If I've played dungeon master and EoTB, will I be disappointed? Or will I enjoy it through a reawakened nostalgia?

I can't imagine a fan of Dungeon Master being disappointed in Grimrock. Then again this is the Codex where every game is dogshit, so who knows.

Dyskolos

Cipher
For me it'd be more a matter of running through my very real but limited enthusiasm for this type of gameplay. Coming from the same Dugneon Master and EoTB background I really enjoyed the first and have played bits of mods since, but I can't imagine going through two of these in a row without a decent break or other distraction to let me recharge.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Well, the combat in the first game sucked and the spell selection was uninspired (and the builds seriously limited) but the puzzles and exploration were excellent. So it depends on what parts of DM you liked more.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA

The combat requires you do the Combat Mambo (you must constantly move around strike, step back, strike, step back etc). Unlike DM or EotB (for MOST encounters) where you can find a safe corner and engage the enemy in melee. Obviously your party would NEVER attempt to melee a Wizard Eye in DM. Otherwise you will die immediately (actually you CAN melee them if you are high level enough. I have).

The puzzles and exploration seemed good. I never could finish it because I hate combat mambo.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
What kind of gay man hates dancing? Poor excuse for a homosexual you are. Anyway, if you don't expect much more than EoTB 1 from it then you'll enjoy it. Honestly, it's probably even more streamlined than EoTB but from their perspective they were sort of 'relaunching' a genre to modern audiences so I guess they felt obliged to keep it simple.

Also also, now the preorder is up on Steam I can D1P with fake monies. Although Costume Quest 2... although I'd rather not give money to Schafer.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
I liked the combat mambo actually. Especially when there were multiple enemy groups and you had to be careful to not get cornered,

mastroego

Arcane
I used no mambo (excluding the boss).

Unless you count backstepping and plain ol' fleeing to regroup.
Which I'd do if I faced a monster :)

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I liked the combat mambo actually. Especially when there were multiple enemy groups and you had to be careful to not get cornered,
Not enough fights like that, really. Mostly you just lure enemies one by one and dance around them on 2x2 square. The game would benefit from some actually useful protection spells/skills that would allow you to go toe to toe with most of the random mobs you might encounter. The fact that the game treats that one encounter with the troll in a one square wide winding corridor as a sorta boss is speaking for itself.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
http://www.grimrock.net/2014/10/09/grimrock-2-compatibility-test/

Grimrock 2 Compatibility Test
October 9, 2014

Do you want to help us test the compatibility of Grimrock 2 on your computer? Great! Here’s a Torrent link to the Grimrock2 Compatibility Test Installer (50 MB) that will fire up the Grimrock 2 engine and display a 3D scene while the new Grimrock 2 main menu music plays in the background. We don’t have the necessary bandwidth to distribute the installer on our servers, so that’s why we are using Torrent for distribution.

The executable will write a log file to Documents/Almost Human/Grimrock2 Compatibility Test/grimrock.log. In case of an error please email this file to feedback@almosthumangames.com so that we can have a deeper look at the issue. Before sending please make sure that your system meets the minimum system requirements .

Note: if you’re running on AMD Radeon and your screen is black but you can hear the music, please check that you do not have antialiasing forced on in your Catalyst driver settings. This is a known issue on some AMD graphics cards.

If you are so inclined you can also play around with the various graphics settings by editing the config file at Documents/Almost Human/Grimrock2 Compatibility Test/grimrock.cfg. You can delete the file in case you accidentally mess up the file and the test refuses to run.

Thank you for your help!

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
T3DNS11.jpg

Display Mode: fullscreen (1)
Vertical Sync: enabled (2)
Texture Resolution: high (3)
Texture Filter: anisotropic (3)
Shadow Quality: high (3)
SSAO Quality: high (3)
Rendering Quality: high (2)
Difficulty: normal
Oldschool Mode: false

Even on my shitty 9600 GT it works nicely. I hope the main game will have the same smooth fps counter.

Euronymous

Augur
All the threads requesting for spiders to be taken out just piss me off, why should they remove a part of the game for some agoraphobic pussies?

Eyeball

Arcane
Oh my sweet Jesus, they have not fixed their shitass UI or worthless combat from GR1.

WHY WHY WHY? It looks so damned great, but it plays so shittily.

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Oh my sweet Jesus, they have not fixed their shitass UI or worthless combat from GR1.

WHY WHY WHY? It looks so damned great, but it plays so shittily.
What are you on about. I played Grimrock for 50 hours and I find both the UI and the combat very well done.

Eyeball

Arcane
Yes, but you're never right about anything regarding video games. Seriously, it's like you're livin in Bizarro world.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
I just wish they added more non-furry character races.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom