Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Legrand Legacy

jungl

Augur
havent played much of it. Visually the game is pretty and nice to look at. Main characters personality reminds me of Fu Su from prince of qin. Your typical asian good son/boy archetype. There has to be a proper name to describe it lol. Combat system similar to shadow hearts which is fun.

jungl

Augur
games fun it punishes you for not preparing AND being skilled in timing. Combat system more enjoyable then most jrpgs out there like dungeon crawlers where all you have to worry about is planning. The story is serviceable. The negative steam reviews are people butthurt they got stomped at some point and promptly quit after lol.

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
I've been playing this and after ~25 hours I'm still having ok fun with it.

The difficulty level can be a bit all over the place at times, but mostly it's been able to keep the combat at least somewhat lethal and threatening and not awfully longwinded. Once you get over the noob trap of unlocking more and more grimoires and start to just level the main damage stat and some vitality the difficulty takes a drop, but there's still been moments where I've had to think what to do next in order to survive the encounter. There's not too much variance to the combat encounters though to be honest, it's mostly about knowing what each enemy type does and acting accordingly. A few bosses have had some surprises in their pockets that I had not encountered before (like a boss basicly having basicly permanent damage reflect).

The story and writing feels like it's written by an elementary school student though, completely banal and just seems to go nowhere. They've tried to have some "twists" here and there but they're so hamfisted you can see what's gonna happen a mile away. But I don't really mind, I'm just skipping most of it for now. It's also completely linear at least so far. There are some side quests but they mostly boil down to go here get/kill this. There's a bunch of mini games which range from easy to infuriating.

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
And finally finished it. Took about 35 hours. Probably a bit less since I did leave it idle it sometimes. Started to get pretty weary towards the end with multiple mandatory strategy portions and the combat getting pretty boring to be honest. I didn't do all of the optional content since most of it was either boring (the optional strategy minigame missions), annoying (the shopping minigame) or required grinding for stat boosts (legendary weapons, optional bosses, the last arena encounters). The final dungeon portion was godawful, felt like it was designed to waste your time mostly. The final boss did have some challenge and I wonder if I would've been able to beat it if I had not done some of the optional content to be honest. Although some of it was self induced, since I didn't really prepare for it and was using the weak single character affecting healing items I'd had assigned since the first half of the game probably. The ending itself was as anticlimatic and awful as the rest of the story.

So yeah, for the 1,67€ I paid for this I'm pretty happy. Still I can't deny how godawful the game was at parts, so not sure if I'd actually recommend it.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
They are Indonesian, and I think they had a few culture Influences. Making this pretty much the only Indonesian rpg.
I thought it was godawfull. Barely any creativity and just a collage of mechanics which worked in better games, without context.
And while it had a few strengths it delivered it's finishing blow to itself due to the Judgement Ring system. The game had considerable input lag on my system, which made judgement rings nothing but tedious.
I refunded rather early, and I did buy it by accident as I intended to buy the much superior Legend of Legacy. For some reason I always mix those up. Doesn't seem like I missed much tho.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom