Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let us reconsider subfora

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
The codex is going down the shitter. This is nothing new. The source however, is. In the past, the primary source has always been the posters fucking shit up. But the latest change was done by the 'administration' for seemingly no reason.

The new subforums are shit. The point of dividing the codex into different forums is to increase readability. This is why GD is separate from the library, and both are kept distant from GRPG. This makes sense. The idea of having temporary forums for new "hot" releases was also a good one. In the past it has been the case that the readability of GRPG decreased because there were 8 skyrim threads on the first page. And so a temporary (lasting until 1 month after release or so) subforum made sense.

Sadly, the 'administration' failed to realize the temporary aspect. Instead, they decided that we should have more, permanent subforums. Because of course, anyone interested in Armored Warfare is also interested in Mask of the Betrayer! And either is going to have so much activity it could not possibly fit into GRPG proper without making all the other threads disappear in the deluge!

It is making GRPG a lot less readable for everyone who doesn't use "New Posts" and those people don't care about which forum anything is in anyway, so their opinion means nothing in this case.

So, here is what you should do: Remove all the subforums currently in GRPG. You may choose to leave the Fallout4 and Witcher3 forums intact if you feel it necessary, the second for only a few weeks more before moving its contents back into the general pool with the appropriate tag.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I fully support this.

The original idea of setting up new temporary forums for new games to remove clutter was good and should be kept. But the bizarre train of logic that made it evolve into RPGWatch-lite with permanent subforums for 'companies' is stupid. In fact, I would say it once again just creates clutter, which is in direct opposition to the original idea.

Don Peste

Arcane
Bethesda needs his own subforum. After waiting for five or six or more years to get the latest patches, mods, addons, and read every opinion, guide and PhD on the matter to try to properly play or enjoy a bit their games, it's better to have all the threads on their own place than to use the Search function.
Plus ghettos are fun.

BTW the plural for subforum is subforumae.

mondblut

Arcane
Indeed, an ability to remove the junk you're not interested in from the premises entirely is alone worth as many subforums as needed.

But company subforums? Srsly? Are you fucking kidding me? Pls buy the idiot who came up with this wonderful idea some brain, ot at least fill the hollow void between his ears with concrete or something. This is the most idiotic thing I have ever heard of in my 20 years of using teh internets.

Make a separate forum for every game (or franchise at best*) that warrants an isolated gas chamber if necessary, but drop that retarded company-based bullshit. A truly monocled gamer doesn't even want to know how the bunch of faggots who had made this or that game are calling themselves :obviously:

* and yeah, seeing Black Isle fangirls being contained together with bethestards would make some sweet trolling :lol:

Absalom

I still miss the days of the 'Shit Jaesun doesn't like' forum. You knew exactly where things belonged then. (It was also much less cluttered with half of the other forums gone:codexisfor:)

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
What did Geralt ever do to you to deserve such hatred? :O

Nothing in particular. It's just convenient to be able to ignore subforums on topics / games / companies I know I have no interest in, no matter how many new threads get posted in those. Same reason I'm ignoring the MMO subforum, for example.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
The real travesty here is that the cooking subforum isn't moderated by Scrooge is hidden away under library. It should be visible on the main forum list without mousing over a tiny arrow icon.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom