Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's ALL Play Haven & Hearth: The Founding of Codexia

poocolator

Erudite
The Order of Discalced Codexian Convulsionists
So DarkUnderlord and I have started a village in the MMORPG (yes, but very addictive and economy-driven) called Haven & Hearth. The game may seem daunting at first, but don't worry-- we're gonna hold your hand and teach you the ropes, all within the relative safety of Codexia, the most glorious village, open only to Codexians, in all of the lands of Haven & Hearth. The caveat is that we need villagers, and we need them to grow; and only Codexians will do.

What's the game about? It's about survival and the founding, development and evolution of villages and tribes. Resources are scarce, and items of high quality about the same. Trading and specialization are the names of the game and it's all the more difficult to live up to our full potential with bands of roaming bandit-morons taking potshots at you (although we haven't had too much of a problem as of yet). You can farm, build houses, mine, level forests in pursuit of progress, explore, kill, whatever; you can trade, build roads, ally with villages, form confederacies, and pretty much everything is up to the player's own volition. I have to say, this is perhaps one of the most impressive MMORPG/simulations I've played. What's more is that it's always being updated and upgraded. You'll notice that here, in the announcements section of the H&H forum, there are plenty of weekly updates.

I'm Daffyd ap Cynfyn and DU is Barry Fletcher Norwin, btw. Ask around and others'll introduce themselves. A list of the Codex players in still in the works.

UPDATE (March 2nd, 2010):
A new world means new opportunities. All are welcome this time around. We aren't a crypto-organization any longer. So if you want to join up, then:
Konjad said:
Everyone who wants to join please send me a PM so I can tell you mine hearthsecret so you may teleport to our village when making character. Also ask DU or Suicide Bunny for permission to look on closed forum.

To keep this thread alive for the kiddies, anybody with screenshots of our new attempt in the new world, post them in this thread. If you PM me them, I'll post some here in the OP.

poocolator

Erudite
In the beginning...
DarkUnderlord said:
i4mo7l.jpg

We just need to finish the wall so we can let out the chickens we nabbed.

poocolator

Erudite
Just recently... (fucking Italian brigands):
DarkUnderlord said:
All right, who here speaks Italian? Some dude wandered into our camp and looked around. He left, then comes back in through the gate we left unlocked and starts taking things. Nothing we can't replace easily enough.

Then his friend arrives and starts threatening us from outside the wall.

s4udmg.jpg

"poi dopo sci scarmi il recinto"
poocolator said:
Yeah... we were just robbed by an Italian fellow and his buddy. Now we have his "protection." Durrrrr.
Must lock gates in the future.

LazyD

Liturgist
after darkfall failing me hard and becoming the most retarded mmo grind I've ever experienced that almost drove me to true insanity... I'm looking for a new mmo.. and this looks quite promising. I'll look into it.

edit:

soz don't speak italian

Micmu

Magister
Here's the location of the village on the map:
Yeah, and how am I supposed to find Codexia with that?
Where on that map is starting point?

The game is shit btw

LazyD

Liturgist
lol 5 mins in im making fires for lp... feels awfully familiar.. I'm willing to keep with it and give it a fair shot if I can also figure out where the starting point is on the map :?

Sovard

Sovereign of CDS
then after ski me the enclosure

Good god, he's speaking in tongues!

I've heard quite a bit about it recently. I'll give it a try.

Sovard

Sovereign of CDS
I found a basket filled with stones and branches so I am utilizing all of those goods to get 'learning points' from making stone axes.

Hey, do we need any seeds or blocks of wood? Found some of those in this little hippie
community, too.

P.S. I have now stolen their plow and will plow the shit out of the surrounding area.

P.P.S. I have now learned baking and am turning all of their flour and dough into delicious bread.

LazyD

Liturgist
uhm i learned how to fish.. and was approached by a guy... demanding for my fish.. repeatedly. It was a odd encounter..

Unradscorpion

Arbiter
I'm registering right now.

EDIT: The game freezes at the create a character screen, why people program in Java is beyond me.

Hey poocalator, could you mark where the circle of stones is on that map? I need to figure out exactly where to go from the starting point.

I've quit this game three times just trying to get basic bearings...then coming back days later just to get lost again.

Sovard

Sovereign of CDS
AHAHAHAHA

I was telling another codexian about how swimming can cause permadeath, I swim two paces and die.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom