Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's demote some moderators

I would demote...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I want to be there to see the Codex collapse into chaos. Users saying the most abominable things about other users. Hate, mischief, posts in wrong forums everywhere, NSFW pics everywhere, no mercy no ending.
I always believed this was the best approach to moderation:
Lucifer_21_p14-15.jpg

Mortmal

Arcane
I like the idea of demoting everyone for a week and just watching the site fall into chaos. Probably wouldn't last a day though before everything went to shit.

I am for this one, too.

I want to be there to see the Codex collapse into chaos. Users saying the most abominable things about other users. Hate, mischief, posts in wrong forums everywhere, NSFW pics everywhere, no mercy no ending.

That will never happen , this would go against every moral values the codex stand for and could hurt deeply DU in his very own soul...You dont want to rip him of his heart right ? Such decision will make him lose money as advertisers will flee the dex , even botox mom will flee.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
p.s. hiver for Codex Library, so no one can ignore his posts in the GoT thread.

:rpgcodex:

Y'know I'd just stop posting in that thread altogether if I couldn't ignore his dumb shit. Actually, it's already barely worth the effort these days since I feel like I'm the only damn member who likes the damn show any damn way. Checking in on that thread is like walking in to a public restroom with bare feet...and nobody's even trying to aim.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I don't know what you're talking about; that's exactly what things were like when I registered here.
Granted, I don't think they needed ad money back then- the site was smaller and not as costly to keep running. If you really wanted to go back to the old days of open tubgirl and goatse and copious verbal assault at the slightest slight or disagreeable opinion-... well, I think you can do it.

You have have to donate so much money that they don't need the ad revenue anymore. Good luck with that, though!

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong

Y'know I'd just stop posting in that thread altogether if I couldn't ignore his dumb shit. Actually, it's already barely worth the effort these days since I feel like I'm the only damn member who likes the damn show any damn way. Checking in on that thread is like walking in to a public restroom with bare feet...and nobody's even trying to aim.
That's where I'm at. Spent about 15 min in the thread, it was all nitpicking of the worst kind, left thread to never look back.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

You expect anything less on the 'dex bro? Your own fault ;)

I've said multiple times I think the show is better than the books though :M

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014

I'm staying clear of any TV shows threads I really care about because people a fucking morons and will spoil it. Especially GoT.

Repressed Homosexual
Ulminati...why exactly is he a moderator and why are we forced to endure his brown-nosing and 'nyaaaaaaaaaaaaaan i'm a mod codexsecretsgg.docx' in two forums that...well, I mean, come on, science and the gazebo?

Haha, so true. Sorry but it makes me cringe when I see it.

Ultimately, from my experience, a good moderator is one that almost never talks about being a moderator, and one whose actions you barely notice.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter

That's where I'm at. Spent about 15 min in the thread, it was all nitpicking of the worst kind, left thread to never look back.

You expect anything less on the 'dex bro? Your own fault ;)

I've said multiple times I think the show is better than the books though :M

I'm staying clear of any TV shows threads I really care about because people a fucking morons and will spoil it. Especially GoT.
If these poster where persona non grata to the mods, im pretty sure their posts would get moved by now.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
See...the thing about you, dnf, is that you make yourself an easy target by simply being consistently retarded.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
See...the thing about you, dnf, is that you make yourself an easy target by simply being consistently retarded.
Ok, so explain to me what's the best course of action to take when a thread about mods derail into a Game of Thrones discussion. Im not even that bothered with the derail, just showing why heavy handed mods are a bore to begin with, and of course pointing out just another double standards in mod behaviour.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Well, my little worst kebab...if you've actually been paying attention in your time here you should know by now that just about every thread in Site Feedback eventually devolves into either "Who gives a shit anymore", "What were we talking about again?" or 10,000 meta-fights between sub-factions of posters. Oh, and the occasional Chaotic Neutral appearance from DU when things seem to die down. Your point is banal and easy enough to understand...it just doesn't apply here at all.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Well, my little worst kebab...if you've actually been paying attention in your time here you should know by now that just about every thread in Site Feedback eventually devolves into either "Who gives a shit anymore", "What were we talking about again?" or 10,000 meta-fights between sub-factions of posters. Oh, and the occasional Chaotic Neutral appearance from DU when things seem to die down. Your point is banal and easy enough to understand...it just doesn't apply here at all.
So, just like every other thread out there? Even super serious threads like kickscam games gets derailed from time to time, but its not that big of a issue, since the derail will die off without the need of a mod.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Dear all,

Thank you for participating in our user feedback survey. Thanks to your input, the following action has been taken:

Crispy has been demoted as mod of GD and is currently being replaced by idonthavetimeforthiscrap, who's username lives up to the kind of modding expectations we have.​

Yours sincerely,

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
I sometimes disagree with Jaesun's moderation but he is a helpful and cool dude, definitely a BRO. I do think we need to move all the Morrowind threads to CRPG Discussion already though, for fuck's sake, the console port came out a year after the original PC release and is very obviously a port.

That said, I voted for every option here. :smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom