Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Let's get a giant troll statue into a beautifully desolate adventure game!

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
Next campaign: Pay 20 homeless people to finish Grimoire.

Fixed that for you.

Also; statue should clearly be a multi-headed dick hitting a codex troll ass and leg.
Alternative option: Pay 1 homeless person to find Cleveland at work and bite one of his nipples off.

Last edited:

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Bah I pledged again for our glorious desolated multiheaded codex dick.

DarkUnderlord put a screen or something in the first post goddammit:

dFPsDnd.gif

2QPKcML.gif

693aCpU.gif

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Anyone donating* will be thrown into a raffle to win a duplicate of LeStryfe's as yet to be determined drinking shirt. (As long as DarkUnderlord provides me with his mailing address.) Go to Codex Member Pictures to see the candidates for his new shirt. I will use the Codex die roller on this thread to determine the winner. Value of prize is between $15 to $40.

You too can become a drunken master!

*Donation must be $10.00 or more

Last edited:

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Next campaign: Pay 20 homeless people to go hijack and start squatting inside Cleveland Blakemore's bomb-shelter.
That would be a suicidal mission. I think around a year ago, Cleve reported that some of his canned food leaked and black mold covered like half of his bunker. He tried nuking it with all sorts of chemicals but unsuccessfully. His shelter is not operational and would suffocate homeless people.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
That would be a suicidal mission. I think around a year ago, Cleve reported that some of his canned food leaked and black mold covered like half of his bunker. He tried nuking it with all sorts of chemicals but unsuccessfully. His shelter is not operational and would suffocate homeless people.

They have quite powerful immune systems though, eating from the garbage will do that.

Besides, think how poetic it will be, Cleveland has been fantasising about a post-apocalyptic scenario for the last 20 years. Let's give him what he wants, a ghoul raid :lol:

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
But you can still win a LeStryfe shirt, which will give you back your soul. I'm pretty sure anyways.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex is 5th wall. One wall beyond the 4th. Lots of wall supporters here. Always remember that!

Crooked Bee knows what I mean. She has like a hundred walls in her head. It's true!!!

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
With the money DU raised for that thin-skinned drama queen (who will probably just waste it on 'refugee relief'), we'd be nearly at 50% for the penis statue.

:rpgcodex:

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I really tried to like STASIS, but boy did that game lack some clarity (like the character not commenting when you do something wrong, so you have no idea you have to do it again differently) and pixel hunting in games belongs locked away and forgotten for good.
There is 0 challenge in hovering your mouse over every pixel on a screen. It is a waste of time and nothing more.
It also actually distracts the player, because you no longer look at the (beautiful) screen and its details - you just look at what icon the mouse cursor becomes at pixel XY.
I simply stopped playing about 2 hours in because of this, it was agonizing.

A shame, really, because the atmosphere, story and puzzles themselves seemed so nice.
Just make a highlight-button (and make it optional, if you really want some players have that pain) FFS ...

Last edited:

Septaryeth

Augur
2,199 bucks for 25 game keys? Bad, bad deal.

Agreed.

If everyone (assuming we only have 25 backers) donated wants a game key, we each have to pay $88, with no other reward or whatsoever.

So, with that in mind, 88 should be the amount that guarantees you a game key...

I don't really care for other reward but I do want the game. I can't pay up to 88 and below that, well I don't really know if I can out compete other backers. Even so there is a chance that 88 will still be outside of the top 25 and I will have nothing (except for a glorious Codexia badge?) at the end.

The uncertainty is bit of turn off for those who really want the game and they might turn to the kickstarter without the Codex, just saying. :M

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
2,199 bucks for 25 game keys? Bad, bad deal.

Agreed.

If everyone (assuming we only have 25 backers) donated wants a game key, we each have to pay $88, with no other reward or whatsoever.
Thanks to Pyke, I can now guarantee a game key for anyone who donates $19 or more to the fundraiser - regardless of the total we raise (so whether we hit the target tier or not).

In the event the KickStarter itself fails to reach the $120k target, that will be addressed at that time (shun the non-believers) but options include refunds, or transferring your donation to another campaign (either existing or future, and would include any future Beautifully Desolate campaign if there was another attempt). Pretty sure they're gonna get there though.

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
Heres a deal - no matter how much you raise (even if its not the full amount), if you pledge it to the campaign we will meet the community reward. You're getting your statue!

Prime Junta

Okay fuck it I'm in too

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom