Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's LARP the Emperor's Finest - a wh40k IF

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
wonder how the governors distress signal option would have turned out?

Turns out there was nothing wrong with the governor, his internets just died and he couldn't contact anyone. Shepard arrives in his lavish mansion to find a bitchin' party with coke and hookers present. Shepard stays there for the rest of the invasion, chillaxin', like Eldar use to say.

Longinus

Educated
wonder how the governors distress signal option would have turned out?

Turns out there was nothing wrong with the governor, his internets just died and he couldn't contact anyone. Shepard arrives in his lavish mansion to find a bitchin' party with coke and hookers present. Shepard stays there for the rest of the invasion, chillaxin', like Eldar use to say.

Funny thing is I remember Root claiming once that he put missions in top-bottom order of difficulty, Governor mission being the toughest one, and Black Holds being walk in the park :P I voted for the fist one, but I admit the holds are being a blast so far :)

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Is it ever possible for a creature of the Warp to be a servant of the Emperor, or at least, not malevolent? Don't the eldar willing become possessed by their own daemons or something?

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Is it ever possible for a creature of the Warp to be a servant of the Emperor, or at least, not malevolent? Don't the eldar willing become possessed by their own daemons or something?
Harlequins let themselves become possessed by daemons of slaanesh as a rite of passage. If they are able to cast away the daemon on their own they become free from Slaaneshes influence(which means they don't need to wear soulstone afaik) and become fully fledged servants of the laughing god. Otherwise they die.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Every member of the Illuminati and Ordo Hydra (though the latter technically is a sub-group of the former) also were once possessed by daemons but managed to cast them aside through sheer willpower. Whether they sometimes forcefully bind daemons to people to increase their numbers is pretty much unknown.

I'm pretty sure some daemons would willingly possess important men to gain a significant amount of knowledge, most of them tzeentchian daemons I suppose. For that they might even be helpful to get to that knowledge. For example no tzeentzchian daemon would give up an opportunity to get access to the black library, even if it would mean to help mankind first.

ironyuri

According to Lexicarnum:
Process

The host must first be inscribed with certain marks, runes and wardings to prepare it for the entrapment of a daemon. The sigils involved are largely unknown, but an essential rune called the "Rune of Voiding" must be inscribed on the chest of the host in order to empty it of any previous souls so that the daemon can be effectively contained. Apparently, this rune is sometimes ignored, as in certain occasions, the original host's mind endured. Radical Inquisitors with the resources would also string the host with chains, padlocks, amulets, and other bindings as to ensure the daemon's obedience.
Once all the preparations are made, the Incantations of Binding, the Litany of Servitus, and the Wards of Entrapment must be spoken, along with the final sealing words: "In servitutem abduco, I bind thee fast forever into this host." Note that only these were mentioned by Inquisitor Eisenhorn in his logs, and that other rites might have been involved.
If not all of the special preparations have been made, i.e. a hasty on-the-spot binding, the severe trauma of the process might inflict the daemonhost, ensuring that it remains docile and unresponsive for several days.1

oscar

Arcane
Do we still have that fatepoint lying around? Might be enough to win the fight..

Hm. 3.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
According to Lexicarnum:
[...]

This is the description of a possession though, so our situation is somewhat different. As far as I understand it the daemon is willing to bow to our will until the nurglites and the sorcerer are destroyed while giving us access to its power/knowledge (which appears to be quite vast). When the danger is gone it will probably try to possess us. Whether we can win the fight of willpower is to be seen - witchesbane, our superior willpower and having his true name surely helps, but it might still not be enough. If we can control it though we might either keep it and use its resources, try to exorcise it ourselves (lets become an Illuminati and revive the Emperor!) or go to Agern so he can help us. Or kill us.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria

You guys so desperate to die? Let Holt shoot us in the face when we get back planetside.
And remember guys; root said that the fatepoint won't save us from certain death, we shouldn't try to test our immortality against the wrong foes, especially when it isn't necessary.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2

You guys so desperate to die? Let Holt shoot us in the face when we get back planetside.
And remember guys; root said that the fatepoint won't save us from certain death, we shouldn't try to test our immortality against the wrong foes, especially when it isn't necessary.

Why do you think letting Demon inside your head won't end with fate worse than death? Since Kaos Mehrines are invincible with help of Demon trying to banish or atleast distract him (2) can tip the balance as 1 Marine is worth 10 Guardsmen in combat, and we can kill the Sorceror using our Witchbane, Righteus Hatred, and Eviscerator.... and Fate Point.

Kayerts

Arcane
3, not because I think it's actually a good option, but because it has the most intriguingly fucked up possibilities of any of our choices.

Ideally, I'd say we should command Fomor by his true name to turn on the Death Guard, then make a stab at Marius, but I'm guessing that exceeds the bounds of Schaefer's knowledge of daemons.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Somewhere in the heights of Port Authority on Acreage, inquisitor Cornelius von Nettesheim is having the laugh of a lifetime, knowing that he has already managed to troll two different parties of adventurers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom