Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Let's organize a Steam Awards voting topic for incline games

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
for example like i did with AoD :
8UC4YhP.png

we should make list of games that we are gonn avote, and which category we're gonna vote and i hope with the powers of our numbers, we can make 1 or 2 incline games nominated or even win an award

DarkUnderlord Infinitron Bubbles

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
but if we get them nominated, it would create publicity.

so what about the ones that got featured on the codex sub forum?

-expedition conquistadors
-underrail
-AoD & DR

Modron

Arcane
Don't forget Battle Brothers and adventure dex darlings: Primordia, Quest for Infamy, Stasis, and WEG' catalog. You know since you can't vote fallout for all categories and what not.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
That would be great but RPG Codex staff is too lazy just look at this for example:

I gotta say, particularly compared to lasts years award, there seems to be much less love put into this years GOTYs. No cool banner, no cool award banners, no write ups, no golden turd, no most anticipated, no editor's choice (no sticky). Makes them feel way less prestigious. A bit dissappointing to be honest.
We'll be doing more later.

Severian Silk

The “Test of Time” Award should definitely be Jagged Alliance 2.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
We could just do our own awards.
The Codex awards would comprise:

- Most shitty game 2016
- Least anticipated game 2016
- Most money splurged on a shitty game 2016
- Most whitewashing review 2016
- Worst Developer Performance 2016
- Best Trolling of Developer 2016
- Worst moderator 2016
- Least relevant RPG mechanics discussion yet still becoming a 100 page echo-chamber thread award 2016
- Biggest gap between confidence and correctness in posts 2016

Last edited:

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...at-half-life-3-plea-with-its-own-steam-awards

Last month I reported on Valve's Steam Awards, which fans used to tell the company to make Half-Life 3.

Well, Valve has just announced the nominations, and of course it didn't listen.

In November, Steam launched a new user-powered awards system that let people nominate games. Valve created a number of award categories, such as the "Best Use Of A Farm Animal" award. But it also included a wild card, the "We Didn't Think Of Everything" award, which tasked the audience with writing in and voting for their own category.

Half-Life 2: Episode 2 came out nine years ago.

It was this category people used to tell Valve to pull its finger out and make the sequel everyone's been waiting years for. Users of the Half-Life subreddit visited the Half-Life 2: Episode 2 page on Steam en masse to nominate it for the "Game That Deserves A Sequel" award.

No-one thought the mini online movement would actually brute force Valve into action, or even spark some kind of comment. But some thought Valve might have at least acknowledged the thing.

It did not.

There isn't a single mention of Half-Life anywhere in the nominations list, not even in one of Valve's own categories. Half-Life didn't make the cut with the "Test of Time" award and that's just silly.

Valve even expanded the wild card category from one award into four, because the response "was so overwhelming that one category didn't seem enough". So, we have the "Boom Boom" award, the "Love/Hate Relationship" award, the "Sit Back and Relax" award and the "Better With Friends" award. But no the "Game That Deserves A Sequel" award.

That's just cold, Valve.

Black

Arcane
No, all voting, lists and charts are fucking gay.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom