Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's play A Farewell to Dragons

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part 23: Babhchi castle

In Babhchi castle our old friends the beholders are back.

c4iAWsy.jpg

fco9DxL.jpg

HG69DBL.jpg

There’s a skeleton custodian here who keeps popping up and disappearing into thin air.

Qpinzbl.jpg

CWEwTMW.jpg

7Ja0YgD.jpg

iU48R9Y.jpg

Eventually though he gets killed off for good.

CrFR7Xn.jpg

jSEPJ10.jpg

Torry picked up a great mitrailleuse here, but no one in the party is likely to get to level 40.

iSTgjUa.jpg

There’s an ancient key lying around near the door with the Dragon items, but it’s nothing but a trap.

40ZqRG1.jpg

bVmrorR.jpg

OsRC6lk.jpg

Trudging around the dungeon will lead to the key keeper with the real key.

g33abk2.jpg

qU7C8qJ.jpg

sl50nQr.jpg

Now Victor has the helmet and the amulet, two more dungeons to go.

pNd4hHt.jpg

V1zLL6b.jpg

VHKym49.jpg

lBE7ziE.jpg

Again Telle will now ask to teleport to the next dungeon; better not.

fqJWOhL.jpg

Next stop is Sharn castle in the Bear lands.

VXMBXMJ.jpg

wfdAb26.jpg

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part 24: Sharn castle

To get to Sharn castle without Telle teleport, it’s necessary to first go to Horsk by airship, then take the train to Hundfields and the rest by foot past Torne’s palace.

UzoYdFL.jpg

UKlQ99i.jpg

5rFsW81.jpg

The dungeon is straightforward; there are just hordes of high level enemies around.

7AFEmve.jpg

The level 40 beholders like to cast a nasty spell that reduces several attributes to zero and HP to 1. Obviously highly unwanted.

XoViA8I.jpg

31CcwOr.jpg

lndfShX.jpg

As soon as Torry will be able to use nuclear devices, he will instakill everything.

Zg5mQMD.jpg

Raytarr at level 35 can finally use that unique armour picked up several levels ago.

kZsX53F.jpg

At any rate there’s an easy path to the Dragon items, there are just some skeleton guards. The archers are very annoying because their explosive arrows do 3,000 + area effect damage.

y15lZNM.jpg

IcXffFL.jpg

Picking up the Dragon rings spawns four mage guards but they’re easy.

IkDqydb.jpg

RJIMXTj.jpg

Killing the mages trigger another conversation with Telle.

ccmV5sp.jpg

TMyOCqH.png
[murmuring softly] The unknown is exciting, isn’t it, Victor? [The cat gives you a meaningful smile from beneath her half-closed eyelashes. Weariness and stress of the last few days have taken a toll on her too, but Loy is clearly not going to surrender to them without a fight.]

vPlqSmD.png
[sarcastically] Oh yeah, Loy, I can’t help but agree with you! These deadmen and demons who all of a sudden pop up behind your back out of darkness, they… inspire such a fealing, it’s just a pleasure!

QvN9Jwn.png
Hm… anyway, first get through with our business here, then we can think about Sarkh.

vPlqSmD.png
Of course. As long as we are here, I can find the path at any time… but afterwards the guiding light will go out. Very odd magic these Dragon worshippers have.

The Dragons rings are obv. p. good, but kinda overkill at this point.

76mMucw.jpg

oEZkOhf.jpg

After killing the remaining monsters in the dungeon, it’s off to the final stop: Sarkh castle.

5wGXwCH.jpg

3b6qMxx.jpg

HB286Kl.jpg

Baron Dupek

Arcane
The Dragons rings are obv. p. good, but kinda overkill at this point.
kinda?
devs went full overdose with numbers, no matter if that's XPs, damages done by enemies or else. And with enemy debuffs and their higher levels Dragon items' stats feels more like compensations. Remind me my Planet Alcatraz LP, where using drugs compensate critical hits effects (lower STR=no armor=get pills against my order).
PS. have funny feeling.
Deja vu.
Of incoming cliffhanger.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part 25: Sarkh castle

Sarkh castle can be reached by returning to Feros through the Princedom of Earth. However to get there a mage needs to teleport the entire group.

rkiBgcS.jpg

3gnVg9d.jpg

pklXZX7.jpg

Outside Sarkh castle is a NPC related to two sidequests.

lrjs5jd.jpg

eFtjISm.jpg

gOPhXlx.jpg

The NPC’s information will eventually lead to an Air clan spy and those stolen plans from the physicist.

v75oKFL.jpg

IOnXIVA.jpg

YdImR53.jpg

ssQi1wZ.jpg

yqLt6Da.jpg

IlGcfrz.jpg

Lenar in Feros station drops the two quest items we need.

beo4msj.jpg

aN95eCw.jpg

OpVHf9b.jpg

ivolW4N.jpg

The guard chief’s quest reward is petty at this point but the physicist throws in a great rifle.

a6AueRs.jpg

q5UX7zS.jpg

PyRKKsP.jpg

s8cOSVz.jpg

After this sidetracking the group can now return to Sarkh castle.

If Telle had teleported the group these two sidequests would’ve been missed completely…

m3jvbMK.jpg

z9SSz7N.jpg

Inside Sarkh castle the path is straightforward but the armour is behind a locked door.

SAROMkq.jpg

D7Vcmn2.jpg

In this dungeon the group receives the final level up and perk. If the “Quick Learner” perk had appeared in the earlier levels perhaps it would’ve been possible to reach the level cap of 40.

h0tx76T.jpg

aJhlno1.jpg

HRl9M6s.jpg

YuKVBNx.jpg

0cVirTH.jpg

lofP0SP.jpg

The key to the door is across a bridge, in a hall guarded by many phantoms.

oi8LzMV.jpg

JZgiTe9.jpg

Victor got a bit too cheeky and caused some perhaps unneeded hostilities.

Q9AwsPs.jpg

be8UTxH.jpg

x79kw49.jpg

At this point nothing is a match for Torry’s mininukes.

6Unwbrd.jpg

yZZmMEf.jpg

Aside from the key there’s another quest item here… however this banner does not seem to serve any purpose in the game at all…

2WlZi7Q.jpg

jffR0uW.jpg

With key in hand the armour can be retrieved. Even though Victor specializes in steampunk armour it is still very much worth wearing.

2BsE9lp.jpg

aa906YF.jpg

9eUczjG.jpg

With all dragon items in Victor’s possession starts the final part of the main quest.

rB1AMrM.jpg

QvN9Jwn.png
OK…so can you find the path to Oros then?

vPlqSmD.png
Exactly… the Dragon’s artifacts were not only the keys, but also artifacts of a colossal power. I can now appreciate the wisdom behind the idea of the mages from the Dragon cult – speed would not give us the crucial edge, and the Elemental mages would have had plenty of time to set up the defense anyway. We would have to fight our way through in any case, but now you are prepared for it. You have grown stronger, Victor… more experienced. The path will shorten our tough route to Oros for us, and when we get there… we’ll accept the battle and win. We have to win.

QvN9Jwn.png
Let the battle take place… I’m used to it already. I hope everyone’s ready to kick some mages’ ass?

mqzqkTg.png
You bet, Victor! [The warrioress of the Wolf Clan saluted you with her weapons.]

spcz53D.png
You bet, Victor! We’ll take these mages, no mistake! [The dwarf overhanged with arms is grinning balefully.]

v5TuQUb.png
R-rrh! [The bear raises the hammer above his head with a thunderous roar.]

[Loy and Telle exchange firm, resolute glances and nod smilingly.]

Having Telle teleport to Oros is a good idea now. It’s a short way from there to the beach where Telle will open a portal.

XCDqE3Z.jpg

TbUNg4t.jpg

Arriving at the portal site, some fire mages will erect a barrier. Also, endless enemies will spawn in front of the barrier.

CBSXOfr.jpg

2EmJ06X.jpg

This opportunity could be used to max out the entire group’s level… but it would take hours.

MXF7lEG.jpg

HG1wQiN.jpg

The only enemies that need to be killed are the fire mages that erected the barrier… Torry obliges with a grenade. After that, only Victor, Telle and Loy pass through the portal.

T3rjId7.jpg

wCYDSbM.jpg

sj4Gi4x.jpg

Rada, Raytarr and Torry stay behind, but Torne, Andre and Reetor somehow manage to slip through and follow Victor.

1PEGJ1q.jpg

nEas5XU.jpg

ydvRRvE.jpg

The end is in sight: the Outer World Castle.

vEnh3dQ.jpg

PQmrhAN.jpg

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part 26: Outer World Castle

As soon as the trio of Victor, Loy and Telle arrive at the Outer World Castle, there is a reckoning with Torne, Andre and Reetor.

psCFxyF.jpg

aiqZ79c.jpg

WFEFW4L.jpg

JjiX5wH.jpg

TDhTqY7.jpg

Much to their detriment, the three blowhards are susceptible to Telle’s death spells.

At this point, Soul Devourer has ~50% chance of instant death and about 3 seconds recovery time. It’s a win button.

And even without Soul Devourer, there’s still Touch of Death…

SeRTzOM.jpg

Torne is the first to fall, then Reetor.

V9pWFQx.jpg

Bz4WCRe.jpg

Andre managed to survive for a while since his golems shielded him. But he drops fast too otherwise.

Gdsw3fY.jpg

D5M5zXb.jpg

Now all that remains to do is to follow the long winding path to the castle proper. Along the way, however, are elemental barriers that need to be crossed.

rLRbzA5.jpg

The first barrier encountered is the fire barrier; supposedly by picking the right dialogue option Victor can pass here without a fight but it hardly matters at this point.

i15qPlV.jpg

a6zpua6.jpg

b2Dzcfr.jpg

pWU1yjO.jpg

The Fire barrier is susceptible to Soul Devourer, so…

rDt4oAf.jpg

OIVsF6j.jpg

Of course up on the path are more standard enemies to fight, Telle kills the majority of them with her death spells. At this point a critical hit from Victor’s rifle is p. much an instakill too.

TaMdPTZ.jpg

jNFvjSv.jpg

Next barrier is the Air barrier. Again Victor fails to be diplomatic.

izzzQb6.jpg

dosrDfJ.jpg

RaL7dhP.jpg

Next path ultimately leads to the Water barrier. This time Victor succeeds in talking it down.

3aYqp8b.jpg

Yz7MCtf.jpg

0M2DceQ.jpg

Along the final path are several beholders. Their annoying attribute draining spells can disable Loy completely, but not Telle with her death spam.

Strangely enough, there didn’t seem to be an Earth barrier at all… there had been a random Earth golem along the way but it was not possible to interact with it.

TFr48dX.jpg

The end of the road is the Rainbow Bridge.

Y3NHoui.jpg

TMyOCqH.png
They are approaching… and a new world is coming along with them… a world recast and reborn. [The Cat turns her contemplative look on you.] Now everything is up to you, Victor.

QvN9Jwn.png
How much time do we have?

vPlqSmD.png
There is no more time. No one thought the invasion would begin so soon… the fleet of the Highborn has already crossed the border set by the mages, an express declaration of war. You must enter the Outer World Castle, Victor. You will find the Keeper there, and your talk with him will be the Last Initiation. No one knows how it proceeds, and no one except you can do it. Us the Keeper would destroy. Hurry up, please… Loy’s right, everything depends on your decision now.

QvN9Jwn.png
Don’t worry, Telle. Your work is complete, I will do the rest myself.

vPlqSmD.png
[smiling to you through telltale tears] I know, Victor. I know…

TMyOCqH.png
[Loy is looking sadly at Telle with some deep-seated envy, after which she nods firmly and steps back. Silence hangs in the air and you realize that the time for words has gone. The time to determine one’s fate has come.]

That’s it then.

ylchEYs.jpg

Crossing the bridge into the castle, Victor goes to speak with the mysterious Keeper.

GIDNzdp.jpg

B3uHH1W.jpg

G93n6WI.jpg

IMQ5dX7.png
What are you seeking here, wanderer? I don’t have visitors often…

If Victor picks any wrong dialogue option in the following conversation, the Keeper will attack Victor… and I’m not even sure whether that battle can be won.

Basically to gain the approval of the Keeper, Victor needs to act and think like a Dragon.

QvN9Jwn.png
I want to rule the Middle World.

IMQ5dX7.png
Have you a right to do this? [His cold young voice echoes a thousand fold within the walls of the deserted castle, and you realize your answer might change not only your own life.]

QvN9Jwn.png
I do!

IMQ5dX7.png
Good… your confidence is pleasing. Repeat, so I can accept your answer, but remember there is no return.

QvN9Jwn.png
I have the right!

IMQ5dX7.png
Have you a right to put out the flame of life?

IMQ5dX7.png
People that believe in your destiny have died for you. Hundreds of people that refuse your rule will die by your command. What will you say to their souls when they come for an answer?

QvN9Jwn.png
This world is mine and I’ll make excuses for no one!

IMQ5dX7.png
Have you a right to chain freedom?

IMQ5dX7.png
Who are you to bend anyone to your will? Who are you to lay down the Law, to deny people’s right of choice and to punish disobedience? What will you tell them, stripped of their voice and rights, imprisoned by fear?

QvN9Jwn.png
I am the one responsible for everything. I am the one who guards the world from shocks. Only Power can maintain justice, only fear. There’s no other way…

IMQ5dX7.png
[sighs wearily and slouches] Well… this might as well be it… [at this moment he seems terribly old and decrepit.] Say your vow, oh new Ruler.

QvN9Jwn.png
I have the right! The blood of the Lords courses through my veins…

QvN9Jwn.png
[A strange picture comes to your mind. A young mage who looks like Reetor is sitting on the scorched ground, wounded and drained, not daring to raise his head. Before him lies a lifeless body of a man in the black armour of a Dragon. Behind the young Reetor a redheaded woman whose face you can’t see, draws apart the shining fabric of the world. In the crevice you can make out the familiar suburbs of Moscow.]

QvN9Jwn.png
I have the right! The blood of the Dragon Slayer courses through my veins…

QvN9Jwn.png
[Left alone, Reetor falls back, turning his face to the sky. He screams, but you can’t hear the sound among the clouds. The Sun and the Moon circle the Earth in an impetuous whirlwind. It rains and grass covers the field. Reetor’s hair turns gray, his face withers, but the heavens are forever deaf to his mad cry for mercy.]

QvN9Jwn.png
I have the right! The Unknown clan, the keeper of origins, has called upon me…

QvN9Jwn.png
[Telle and Loy are sitting on the edge of a rock, watching how the black waves far below break against the golden shores of the Dragon Island. Neither is paying any attention to the approaching storm. For a second, the eyes of the last Unknown and the leader of the Clan clan meet, and with surprise you see the rivals smile at each other.]

QvN9Jwn.png
I have the right. I have believed and I have come…

QvN9Jwn.png
[You see a small lake by the road that winds along the Border. You see Telle feeding dry twigs to a small fire. By the fire a man is sleeping. Wrapped in a quilt, frightened, soaked to the skin, chilled to his marrow. A man that has lost his home. Telle is staring thoughtfully into the distance, but the darkness around has never seemed as thick as it is this night.]

QvN9Jwn.png
I have the right! I have gained the power of the elements…

QvN9Jwn.png
[You see Reetor sitting on the sandy shore of the island, unable to move as each effort shoots unbearable pain through his shattered bones. You see Torne, the leader of the Water clan, his body adrift on the waves that do not even try to wash it ashore. You see Andre, who has finally managed to get out of his castle. An Earth mage, resting upon a thin black rock rising up from the sea. You see the redheaded Liz, whose heart, in defiance of everything, is still beating within the blazing depths of Oros. All the mages are looking at the Outer World Castle – you can feel it in you. And their eyes are glimmering with faint and desperate hope.]

QvN9Jwn.png
I have the right. Beside me stand my enemies and my friends. Within me is my love and my hate. This world is mine.

IMQ5dX7.png
Do you accept it entirely? Life and death? Worship and scorn? Will you bear the responsibility?

QvN9Jwn.png
Yes.

IMQ5dX7.png
Will you decide what the fears and dreams of the Inside become? What they turn into among the Highest Ones? How they pass through the Middle World?

QvN9Jwn.png
I will. Return to me my power, Keeper!

IMQ5dX7.png
[Keeper gives you a hearty smile, as the rays of the sun pierce the clouds that had amassed over the deserted island.]

IMQ5dX7.png
Let it be so. Your world is waiting for you.

And thus the quest is complete. Victor has become Dragon the Created.

22oiObu.jpg

zGhIvQ7.jpg

Wait – naked Loy Iver toying with a severed head? I’d’ve liked a picture of that.

S5lQufH.jpg

Baron Dupek

Arcane
No epic battle in the dragon form?
No final party?
No ragnarok?
Cliffhanger?
Gamebreaking bug?

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Would've liked some ending slides.

Guess you need to read to book to know what happens to Rada & Co.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
All that LP
NUi45Kl.jpg

Guess you need to read to book
don't
srsly
don't do it
rusian fantasy is not bearable
it's rusian rpgs - tier trash
RIP Grimwulf who can confirm this

edit
well, at least no gamebreaking bugs happened right?
move along then

Baron Dupek

Arcane
then why they not include it in the game and re-release it on Steam?
anyway - still planning to do Hard 2be a God LP? Cause I wanna see how it dunked.
after watching recent movie I can't stomatch colourful look of the game, yeah that's dealbreaker for me

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Tried out Precursors on Steam, it's a total mess. Refunded and will wait until it's at least patched.

Baron Dupek

Arcane

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
I already played Russian version with custom patch.

I was hoping Steam version would be Russian version with decent English translation.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom