Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's play Albion! (PART 12A - I WANT TO BE A DUNGEON!)

spekkio

Arcane
Everybody has pride.
Maybe except certain resident trannies. And Nomask...

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
lightbane said:
spekkio said:
2cgdgzl.jpg

Perception: So furries have pride?
the other pride.

in b4 oglaf.

hoverdog

Developer
Do you wanna know what happened to Tom?
You do?
Really?

Well then, let's find out!

PART NINE: SAVED BY THE BRO FROM THE CLUTCHES OF CAPITALIST PIGS

main_000.jpg

main_001.jpg

main_002.jpg

main_003.jpg

joe.jpg
Tom, you aren't dead! I sure am happy to see you!

chris.jpg
TOM! My God, I'm glad to see you again! How are you? What happened? and where...

data.jpg
Excuse me, Mrs. Mocci, but as you can see, Mr. Driscoll's condition is very bad. He must have medical treatment immediately.

tomm.jpg
Gas... Captain Brandt, why... The planet is...

brandt.jpg
I, too, think we should bring Mr. Driscoll into the medical department immediately. It's a wonder that he survived so long in this unsafe environment.

tomm.jpg
But, Sir, the planet is... You must know that...
The planet is full of life!

data.jpg
I was afraid of this! Mr. Driscoll is hallucinating. He has to be taken to the medical station immediately.

tomm.jpg
But...

chris.jpg
Tom!

data.jpg
Be patient for a few days, Mrs. Mocci. You will be able to visit Mr. Driscoll as soon as he has recovered a little.

main_004.jpg

main_005.jpg

main_006.jpg

main_007.jpg

main_008.jpg

main_009.jpg

main_010.jpg

tomm.jpg
They've turned the medical room into a prison cell!

We can't get out. It's quite frustrating, but you have to wait a few hours, till...

main_011.jpg

main_012.jpg

Our BRO appears!

main_013.jpg

joe.jpg
Stop, stop! Quiet down, man.
First, it's great that you're still alive. We had pretty much written you and Hofstedt off.

tomm.jpg
Sorry, old man. I'm happy to see you too.

joe.jpg
That's good. I don't know how much time we have. You might have noticed that I opened the door with a doctored card.

tomm.jpg
I already guessed that your visit here was unofficial. Just tell me what happened!

joe.jpg
I can't right now! First, you tell me. Everything, short and sweet.

tomm.jpg
Short and sweet? Man, you've no idea...

main_014.jpg

joe.jpg
Wow. I have to digest this sitting down.
If I hadn't know you for so long I'd actually believe that you were a little nuts. All of that actually happened?

tomm.jpg
You know that I couldn't have made all of that up. Hofstedt can confirm everything for you if he had not remained with the Dji Cantos.

joe.jpg
Yes, that would help explain it. But that this world is...

tomm.jpg
Now it's your turn, my friend. What happened here.

joe.jpg
Everything is going as normal. And that's exactly the problem.

tomm.jpg
You aren't going to tell me that nobody here has noticed that something is wrong with this planet!

joe.jpg
Think a minute! If you had landed on Earth in the middle of the Gobi Desert, and had seen nothing more of the planet, what would you think then?

tomm.jpg
The landing site was chosen cleverly, that's for sure. That only leaces the conclusion that the AI and Captain Brandt gave false data to the crew.

joe.jpg
Obviously. But aside from that, several things have happened.
The fact that the atmosphere is more breathable than was believed before is hard to ignore.
In addition, during the first mining, we ran into awfully strange and tough beasts. Such highly developed forms of life could hardly be present on an almost lifeless planet.

tomm.jpg
And no one became suspicious.

main_016.jpg

tomm.jpg
It all fits together perfectly. It's now very clear why they've put me in cold storage.
I was too naive. However, I would never have suspected DDT would use such drastic methods. Somehow someone will find out!

joe.jpg
Maybe. Maybe not.
Of course, the death of Inspector Beagle now appears in a new light.

tomm.jpg
Right. He could have noticed the manipulation of the probe data and tried to make contact with his office when they discovered him.

joe.jpg
The intentional overloading of the over-c console can only be done by Ned, the onboard computer. If the AI is actively involved in the whole affair, and we have to assume that, then we should be very careful. There's not much on board the Toronto which cannot be controlled by the AI.

tomm.jpg
Nevertheless we have to get out of here and talk we the other people on board! I know a lot of them. When they know everything about this world, I cannot imagine that they will continue to work on the destruction of the planet, bonus or no.

joe.jpg
Maybe. In any case, it's going to be enough trouble just to stop the operation.
But that's not the problem. The problem is the AI.

tomm.jpg
What can it do? Cut off our power? Ned may have cameras, but there certainly aren't machine guns screwed to them.

main_017.jpg

tomm.jpg
Oh, you're kidding me! You mean, DDT would use force against its own people?

joe.jpg
You can figure that out for yourself. If a ship of this size does not fulfill its mission, it is a major financial loss.
It would be the end of the company.
That's a motive for extraordinary efforts and measures, don't you think?

tomm.jpg
OK.
I could tell you a long story about how this planet and its inhabitants have become a part of me on my long journey here and so on and so forth.
I'll add only one thing:
This world will only be dug up over my dead body, O.K.?

main_018.jpg

joe.jpg
There must be fantastic places in this world and I would surely like to see them.
I'm sure I'll regret it, but... I'm with you.

tomm.jpg
What can I say? I...

joe.jpg
How about 'Thank you'? Ha, forget it!

tomm.jpg
Do you have any idea what we can do next?

joe.jpg
We have to try and paralyze the AI's energy supply. Then, we can speak to the entire crew and the security people. I'm assuming that the security people aren't all blood-thirsty. Then, we could have a little revolution without running the risk of a blood bath by the AI bodies.

tomm.jpg
I assume we can't just pull off the AI's plug, right?

main_019.jpg

tomm.jpg
What are our chances of getting there?

main_020.jpg

tomm.jpg
Sounds good. Off to the power plant.

joe.jpg
That's all you can say about it?
Well. First, we have to find an access to the service deck. They have cleared this section, but we shouldn't leave it, otherwise we'll have security down on our backs immediately. They will lock us up before you can let out a peep of your story.

tomm.jpg
Sounds good! Let's go!

BRO saved the day!

main_021.jpg

And here's our BRO. He's extremely good at picking locks, but his fighting skills are a little weak. Well, that's not a problem, we won't be having any fights here.
Let's roll.

main_022.jpg

main_023.jpg

Here's an unopenable door.

main_024.jpg

main_025.jpg

I may have alzheimers, but at least I don't have alzheimers.

main_026.jpg

tomm.jpg
Can you open the door? It shouldn't be more difficult than how you opened my door, right?

joe.jpg
Oh, probably. But I only had one programmable card. Do you know how difficult it is to come by those things? Moreover, it looks as if this door can only be opened with a code.

tomm.jpg
And where are we to get this code?

joe.jpg
Well, from that paper we found, man!

Tom is such a bright fellow, isn't he?

If we decide to continue through the corridor...
main_027.jpg

So we decide to try the service hatch.

main_028.jpg

main_029.jpg

(it's probably the keycard for the locked door some screens above, shame I've figured it out just about now)

main_030.jpg

Wooo! More 3d dungeons, this time sci-fi version.
This time it's pure puzzle-time, no fights here.

main_031.jpg

main_032.jpg

main_033.jpg

We get this guy to follow us, this way a door opens.

main_034.jpg

main_035.jpg

main_036.jpg

main_038.jpg

main_039.jpg

main_040.jpg

We have to get from the right corner near the door to the south-western end. It's doable.

main_041.jpg

main_042.jpg

A big hall or a maze. Let's try the maze first.

main_043.jpg

main_044.jpg

We note the floor plate combination.

Back in the large chamber, we have some more plates

main_045.jpg

It's not too hard to know what to do

main_046.jpg

main_047.jpg

main_048.jpg

main_049.jpg

main_050.jpg

main_051.jpg

main_052.jpg

Another large chamber, we open up all the cells with robots inside.

main_053.jpg

main_054.jpg

main_055.jpg

A code part!

main_056.jpg

main_057.jpg

FUCK, we somehow missed the first two parts. Ah fuck it, I don't want to backtrack now, we must rely on my meta-gaming knowledge :smug:

main_058.jpg

A new area

main_059.jpg

main_060.jpg

main_061.jpg

main_062.jpg

main_063.jpg

main_064.jpg

main_065.jpg

Let's get rid of that pesky Ned!

main_066.jpg

main_067.jpg

main_068.jpg

joe.jpg
Oh no! The AI!

tomm.jpg
Ned! Do you and Brandt really think you can conceal the truth about this planet?

Simply put: Yes!
The prerequisites are favorable and the chances are good. The existence of the company justifies taking some risk.

tomm.jpg
WHAT? You're telling us, right to our faces, that you consciously intend to destroy this world?
I...

tomm.jpg
What's with Captain Brandt? If he cannot show what happened on the flight, he will lose his license forever!

main_069.jpg

tomm.jpg
Sure. And the moon is made of green cheese.
Joe?

joe.jpg
Yes?

tomm.jpg
Let's go. Quick.

Well, that didn't go exactly as planned.

main_070.jpg

main_071.jpg

main_072.jpg

main_073.jpg

main_074.jpg

main_075.jpg

joe.jpg
Tom Driscoll, Joe Bernard, your resistance against ship rules and your apparent readiness to go against the interests of the firm unfortunately make drastic measures unavoidable.
I'm sorry.

main_076.jpg

main_093.jpg

main_077.jpg

joe.jpg
My God!
What was THAT? How'd you do that?

tomm.jpg
A little present that they gave me on the island of the Dji Cantos.
Any more questions?

joe.jpg
Dozens. But no more doubts about your story.

tomm.jpg
Good.
OK, let's beat it. It will be hard enough to get through the desert unnoticed.

main_078.jpg

main_079.jpg

main_080.jpg

main_081.jpg

harriet.jpg
We were afraid of something like that, Tom. I've already had a discussion with the other Dji Cantos.
Let's return to the island so we can decide what to do next!

main_082.jpg

main_083.jpg

main_084.jpg

main_085.jpg

rainer2.jpg
You must understand, Birrh, that this ship is capable of growing. The installation is expanding itself more and more. It is a self-maintaining process. It will take a while, but the damage to Albion is immeasurable.

nemos.jpg
Tom, you are apparently angry about the behavior of your Helromier companions. Does that mean that you are on our side?

main_086.jpg

nemos.jpg
What exactly happened?

main_087.jpg

rainer2.jpg
I was counting on the company's dirty tricks, but I hadn't guessed that it would make such a direct, overt attempt.

tomm.jpg
Think about it. It was a fool-proof plan: the accidental death of the inspector working with an irreplaceable COM unit. No way to communicate with Earth. By the time there is an investigation, the whole thing would be over. The government can't afford to send anyone out here.

rainer2.jpg
Now the question is: What do we do?

tomm.jpg
You Dji Cantos have told us about Animebona, the Entity of this world. Didn't you say that she has a kind of consciousness? Would she allow the destruction of her world, her self?

nemos.jpg
Oh, naturally, Animebona will try to defend herself!

harriet.jpg
I had disturbing visions while I was waiting for you, Tom. The world, the Entity feels... pain.

main_088.jpg

main_089.jpg

harriet.jpg
Does that mean that we are helpless against the metal colossus?

nemos.jpg
We must think. I'm happy that three Helromier, including a scholar, have come over to our side. Perhaps, together, we will find a way to conquer this threat.

main_090.jpg

nemos.jpg
We think we've found a promising solution. It will certainly be the most difficult magic operation we have ever undertaken, but it does give us a chance.

tomm.jpg
Didn't you say that magic couldn't fight the Toronto?

nemos.jpg
That was precisely our problem. However, with the honorable Rainer Hofstedt's help, we have come up with a plan. We should not attack Animenkna, the technological principle of the Helromier; we should make it a part of the magic process, so we can turn the metal colossus into something different.

rainer2.jpg
Unfortunately, tha plan has one, or rather two, glitches.

nemos.jpg
What Rainer Hofstedt is trying to say is that we will create a magical artefact. Its power will be great, but not entirely predictable. And it has to be applied to a large energy source in the metal ship.

rainer2.jpg
To be exact, the fusion reactor of the installation.

tomm.jpg
Slowly, slowly. So the first glitch is that we need to return this to the Toronto. And what do we have to take to the reactor?

main_091.jpg

tomm.jpg
Understood. And the second piece of information?

nemos.jpg
There is also the matter of knowing how to harness large amounts of energy. Only the Kenget Kamulos have this knowledge.

harriet.jpg
The assassin cult!

nemos.jpg
The Kenget are trained in economic survival as well. We will try to make them an attractive offer. Our community is more wealthy than it appears.

main_092.jpg

nemos.jpg
Hmm, in your direct way, hmm, yes, that sums it up. You and your companions are battle-tested and are in possession of the necessary knowledge. However, we would naturally understand if...

tomm.jpg
OK, OK, we'll spare you any concern. I can hardly say 'no' now. If the others are ready to take the risks, the enterprise can begin.

main_094.jpg

main_095.jpg

main_096.jpg

tomm.jpg
Sounds good. Make it so.

main_097.jpg

tomm.jpg
Friends, there is no reason to delay any longer. Let's go and get the two pieces of information we need.

CHOICES!
We have two things to do now: deal with the sneaky assassins and try to gain knowledge from the distrustful metalmakers. You can choose which mission we'll undertake first!
For you information and to make the choice easier to make (or not) let me say that Kengets will yield powerful items and a fuckton of money, while Umajo'll give us access to unlimited and easy to get experience points.
DECIDE!

lightbane

Arcane
The assasins, they may try to kill you but they're not (completely) dishonorable.

Hmm...

Animenkna... Animekna...Animeka...Animekwa...Amerikwa. HA!!!! That explains everything!!!

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ass ass in s first, please.

Agreed.

I finished the demo of this game around a decade ago, it was quite long - went all the way to the end of first assassination plot (the iskai one).
When I tried to get to know what happens after that in the full version, a couple of years back, I failed horribly - I somehow finished the druids' dungeon, but wasn't able to go anywhere on the third continent without getting killed. Your LP finally gives me hope of seeing the ending.

Also, since it's my first post, welcome, everybody.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
MOAR! We should do the metal makers first, get everyone up to speed level wise, and BAM!

Edit: Also, said Saethar aloud, but no idea who it is.

hoverdog

Developer
Major_Blackhart said:
MOAR! We should do the metal makers first, get everyone up to speed level wise, and BAM!

Edit: Also, said Saethar aloud, but no idea who it is.

juliuscaesar.jpg

the celts seem to lisp a little.

MOAR can be achieved, now that we've *at last* got rid of the draw.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom