Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's Play Daggerfall

Wyrmlord

Arcane
180px-DF-Woodborne_Face.png
Archmage Mottierre, so good to see at the court of Wayrest. What brings you so far from Wrothgaria?

Holywoods%20Architypal%20English%20Baddie%20Bravehearts%20Edward%20I%20Longshanks.gif
I was invited by the young Dunmer princess. A quid pro quo arrangement. And you are?

180px-DF-Woodborne_Face.png
Lord Woodborne, an advisor to King Eadwyre, and betrothed to Princess Elysana. You'll find Morgiah right up the steps.

Holywoods%20Architypal%20English%20Baddie%20Bravehearts%20Edward%20I%20Longshanks.gif
Ah yes, my friend Emperor Septim told me you were one of Wayrest's advisors to King Lysandus during the war. Be seeing you.

fall_000.png

fall_001.png

fall_002.png

120px-DF-Morgiah_Face_Andyfall.png
Archmage Mottierre of the Tamriel Mages Guild. I wish to introduce you to a close ally. We can forge a relationship with one another for all our mutual benefit.

And he would be?

*whispers* Mannimarco. The King of Worms.

fall_003-1.jpg

fall_004-1.jpg

This shall be our chance to introduce you to him. But I only ask this condition. Again, please, within a month.

Tonight.

I don't believe you.

Watch me.

fall_005.png

Life is just too short to walk on the ground like everyone else does. But I suppose I lose touch with things as well. No matter.

fall_006.png

fall_007.png

Guildmaster, have the teleporter ready. It concerns the empire's security itself.

fall_008.png

fall_009.png

fall_010.png

fall_011.png

fall_012.png

fall_013.png

Entering Scourg Barrow

fall_014.png

fall_015.png

An entrance disguised as a coffin. We use Levitate to enter. Then we become invisible to avoid detection.

fall_016.png

fall_017.png

They can't see us.

fall_018.png
fall_019.png

The Rift of which Morgiah spoke. I have indeed come too far. Now to turn around.

fall_020.png
fall_021.png

fall_022.png
fall_023.png

We have reached the place.

fall_024.png
fall_025.png

And now Mannimarco himself.

fall_026.png

T129955207118d3ccf2582cc83dd5f45e22bd717f77ac.jpg
Archmage, I imagine your friendship with the Emperor certainly took you to good positions in life.

Merit was involved too, but you are invited to believe what you desire.

But you must keep him pleased for whatever he has done for you. What happened that night in that conspicuously dark room during the ball, when he took you aside?

Elder_Scrolls_-_Daggerfall_%2528DOS%2529_04.png

That King Lysandus died "honorably on the field of battle". That his spirit does not rest. And that you must close those...uh..."marbled jaws of oblivion" that trouble his soul?

You are invited to speculate as you wish.

And then that extra request about the letter he sent to Mynisera? Asking you to destroy it?

I am impressed. You certainly know much, even of secret rendezvous.

My agents reside in the Emperor's palace and claim loyalty to various Orders of knights. My penetration is the deepest in all of Tamriel. Suffice to say, Morgiah wouldn't have sent you to me, if she didn't feel I could help you in your quest.

We'll talk. Soon, I believe.

fall_027-1.jpg

fall_028.png

fall_029.png

fall_030.png

How in Oblivion did you just appear?

The response from Mannimarco. As I promised, tonight. 29 days early. I can not waste too much time on the chores of royal girls.

fall_031-1.jpg

Someone of lower station to Mynisera knows about who actually read the letter meant for her. We'll take this tip and move onwards.

fall_033.png

fall_034.png

Entering the court of Daggerfall.

fall_035.png

Let's find the servant's quarters. Hopefully, one of the servants is in the good books of Mynisera.

fall_036.png

fall_037-1.jpg

fall_038-1.jpg

Let's go where she asks us to go.

fall_039.png

fall_040.png

fall_041.png

One expected a harmless werewolf lair. But something is not right.

The place is infested with daedroth from other planes.

fall_042.png

They die quickly to basic area-of-effect spells that you can reabsorb and reuse over and over till infinity. But they can stop you from spellcasting if they attack you first.

fall_043.png

I am quickly narrowing down the areas to check. The place isn't big.

fall_044.png

In this corridor, we find three ancient Liches lined up one after another.

Cyndasssa either lied or is not very honest with us. This isn't some werewolf lair or hideout. It's a cult for powerful magicians, who barter with creatures from other planes.

fall_046.png

(in Daedric) I speak your language, Coldharbourman. I am a friend of Molog Bal, and I carry the Mace he gifted me for my services. There will be no need for hostilities.

Daedroth.jpg
You may move on. Molog Bal sends us on a walkabout to Nirn to prove ourselves in combat, but I can ignore the friends of my master.

Some of the dinosaur creatures from the plane of Coldharbour are not as friendly.

We have a simple solution for them.

fall_047.png

fall_048.png

fall_049.png

One small prick of Mehrunes Razor, and they are dead. Mehrunes Dagon gifted it to the Archmage for getting rid of one of his servants who went rogue. It's use is simple. Touch an enemy with this dagger, and he dies instantly. There is no catch here, except Dagon may take it back someday.

We arrive at our destination. I can see the werewolf down there. He can't see me.

fall_050.png
fall_051.png

Now to take the kill.

fall_052.png

fall_053.png

fall_054-1.jpg

We teleport ourselves back.

Like Morgiah, Cyndassa is surprised to see us appear out of nowhere, with the job done on the very day she sent us.

fall_055-1.jpg

You are lying, but I don't care. Frankly, I should have your head on a stake for sending me to a pit of ancient liches and interplanar monsters just to kill your brother.

Now to meet Mynisera.

fall_056.png

180px-DF-Mynisera_Face.png
Archmage Mottierre. We have a common friend.

Indeed we do. The Emperor has been as close a friend as one of royalty can be. I was a commoner, yet he visited me regularly in my own small apartment in the grey quarters of the Imperial City, just for a small chat. Not even minor lords do that in this day and age. So much time spent together, just enjoying each other's company.

He is among the best of men. But you have been close to his family since the rule of Jagar Tharn.

I helped shelter Uriel's son when we were both 12 during Jagar Tharn's rule. Always running from his assassins. Dark times. But our family prospered for our loyalty.

fall_057-1.jpg

fall_058-1.jpg

Just to be ready with an answer immediately when I get to the bottom of it.

fall_059.png

fall_060.png

fall_061.png

fall_062.png

fall_063.png

fall_064.png

fall_065.png

fall_066-1.jpg

Now to find the man who delivered the letter on behalf of the Emperor.
fall_067.png

fall_068.png

fall_069.png

But suddenly!

fall_070.png

The King of Worms has sent a zombie with a message, RIGHT IN THE PALACE. He speaks through the zombie:

I enjoyed our meeting yesterday. Please meet me whenever you are free. It's not too important, but you'll like to hear what I wish to tell you.

fall_071.png

fall_072-1.jpg

I immediately teleport back to Mynisera.

fall_074.png

fall_075-1.jpg

What do you mean, ask Morgiah?! Morgiah sent me to YOU! Gortwog has the letter. Where do I find him?

fall_076-1.jpg

fall_077-1.jpg

Teleporting time:
fall_078.png

fall_079.png

fall_080.png

Archmage Mottierre speaks fluent Orsimer, but he is taking no chances. The books in the Guild Library reveal some very fresh atrocities by humans on orcs, and it's best to speak as well as one of them. Their trust is crucial here.

fall_082.png

fall_083.png

180px-DF-Gortwog_Face.png
You face Gortwog gro-Naram, leader of all united Orsimer tribes. We may be weak abroad, but you will be foolish to think your human supremacy extends here. In our Orsimer culture, there is no diplomatic immunity, so be very careful.

I am a scholar by profession, not a politician, and my concern is strictly with a matter beyond politics. But I have a letter from Dowager Queen Mynisera of Daggerfall.

180px-DF-Gortwog_Face.png
Show it to me. Don't move around. Others don't speak Imperial. They may get suspicious.

I am more than fluent in the Orsimer tongue, having spent a year learning it. What do you think of the letter?

fall_084-1.jpg

Right, off we are. We are in a very dangerous place, where one lone human is outnumbered by orcs. If the Archmage's knowledge of Orsimer fails him, there will be unnecessary bloodshed.

No hostile orcs so far.

fall_085.png
fall_086.png

So far so good.

fall_087.png
fall_088.png

Still no hostilities. Mottierre is really soothing the agitated nerves of orcs furious about past human transgressions.

fall_089.png
fall_090.png

This citadel is huge.

fall_091.png
fall_092.png

If Mottierre's knowledge of Orsimer fails with one orc, he may have to kill him. And if he kills one orc, they shall all rush upon him. Very sensitive situation.

fall_093.png
fall_094.png

HERE WE ARE! ALL IN ONE DAY'S WORK!

fall_095.png
fall_096.png

fall_097.png

Now to read the infamous letter.

fall_098.png

TO BE CONTINUED...

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Gortwog looks like a dunce in original Daggerfall.

XL Engine team made him look like an Orc warlord should

gortwog.jpg

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
No offense, but... your font is bigger than your screens. :lol: x2 them with nearest neighbor. (I'm going to hunt you down and kill you if you use some kind of crappy next-gen filter.)

Aside from that, a Daggerfall LP is nice to have.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
No offense, but... your font is bigger than your screens. :lol: x2 them with nearest neighbor. (I'm going to hunt you down and kill you if you use some kind of crappy next-gen filter.)

Aside from that, a Daggerfall LP is nice to have.
Yeah, I screwed up a little. :D I'll update the first post with larger screens within the next 24 hours, and then I'll move on to the next update. Making the first post required only 1 hour of gameplay and 30 minutes of uploading and posting, so it won't hurt to spend a little more time.

Daggerfall in a nutshell?

Why did you start with Morgiah's letter?
It's the shortest and simplest quest. The Emperor's Letter quest is the simplest plotline to solve, and can be solved without killing more than five people. In my case, I killed only one Daedroth and one werewolf so far.

Look what it required: Meet the King of Worms. Kill one werewolf. Talk to the messenger. Talk to Gortwog. Travel around Gortwog's citadel.

Gortwog looks like a dunce in original Daggerfall.

XL Engine team made him look like an Orc warlord should

gortwog.jpg
I like it.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
They did most of the major NPC portraits already (save Queen Barenziah). You can check it out here

My favourite is the King of Worms:

17671007.jpg

:salute:

Wyrmlord

Arcane
I updated the OP with larger pics for text.

Is it acceptable?

In the meantime, can you all give some general suggestions on the LP and what you want to see? This is going to be a very short LP that will probably not even require more than five updates. So best to ask now, instead of halfway through the game.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Do what you want to do. Won't make everyone happy no matter what.

Interesting the way you have done this so far.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
The story so far...

conspiracychart.jpg

The characters in this story are as follows.

949296-uriel.jpg

THE EMPEROR
His job is to safeguard the Totem of Tiber Septim, one of the most powerful artifacts in Tamriel. If it falls in anyone else's hands, his empire will fall into civil war and treachery. So far in the story, he failed in that regard.

DOWAGER QUEEN MYNISERA
She was meant to use her influence at the House of Wayrest to convince them to give up the Totem of Tiber Septim. She is well liked by the other houses, unlike her dead husband. So far, she could only convince King Gortwog to give up the Emperor's letter by promising imperial recognition of his royal status and his kingdom. Her daughter in law betrayed her and the Emperor to King Gortwog and Lord Woodborne.

images

LORD WOODBORNE
He is a knight and advisor to House Wayrest who seems to be in the good books of the orcs. He stole one of the most powerful artifacts in Tamriel, and now either possesses it or sold it to the highest bidder. He would have been caught by his royal house had Queen Aubk-i of Daggerfall not covered up for him by selling his letter to the orcs.

QUEEN MORGIAH OF FIRSTHOLD, AND PRINCESS OF WAYREST
She helped the archmage discover Lord Woodborne's treachery to the Empire, using her influence with the King of Worms, in return for securing a marriage in a kingdom in the High Elf province. Either she wants to remove Woodborne's influence in her royal family, or believes her royal family is wrong in conspiring against the Emperor.

images

MANNIMARCO, KING OF WORMS
He is an ally of House Wayrest, who uses his extensive spy network of necromancers to uncover the Empire's innermost secrets. He may know everything about what is happening, but perhaps demands a price for information.

images

GORTWOG GRO-NARAM, KING OF ORSINIUM
He is the last hope for a persecuted race of Orsimer, that has been driven out of every corner of the Illiac Bay, leaving them all stranded in the citadel of Orsinium. The orcs would have been slaughtered in a racial genocide had Gortwog not possessed information on the Totem of Tiber Septim. He recently received recognition as a king because of the powerful information he wields, thus safeguarding his people.

images

QUEEN AUBK-I OF DAGGERFALL
A Redguard member of a royal family who married into the Breton kingdom of Daggerfall. Her loyalties may be neither to Daggerfall or the Septim Empire, as she seems to be conspiring with Lord Woodborne to use the Totem of Tiber Septim for her interests.

And lastly:

tsodf_lysandus_talk.jpg

GHOST OF THE KING LYSANDUS
An angry ghost demanding revenge, even in death. Our quest is to excorcise him, and bring him to rest. He is responsible for a war of conquest to bring Illiac Bay back into the Empire's fold. He led the Battle of Cryngaine, in which Aubk-i's father's King Cameron was killed.

Now for the LP:

It begins with a delivery.

Messages for Archmage Mottierre! You've got letters! You seem to be really popular, sir!

fall_002-1.jpg

Let's see what we have to read here.

Ah, a death threat!

fall_003-2.jpg

Already shaking in my boots! And what's this? An invitation from another royalty?

fall_004-2.jpg

That's my next engagement. And what's this here? A wedding invitation?

fall_006-1.jpg

Can't be arsed to travel all the way to Sumurset Isles. I shall pass. And now, we have...a history lesson?

fall_000-1.jpg

fall_001-1.jpg

Oh, Uriel, you think I wouldn't recognize the manner of your writing. This Numidium problem may have to be dealt with someday. Now to visit Prince Lhotun.

fall_007-1.jpg

fall_010-1.jpg

fall_011-1.jpg

fall_012-1.jpg

fall_013-1.jpg

fall_014-1.jpg

fall_015-1.jpg

180px-DF-Lothun_Face.png
What do you reckon you shall do, Archmage Mottierre? Legends say the Underking is very ancient and very powerful.

I have a friend in Scourg Barrow in Dragontail Mountains. I am pending an invitation from him, which he sent in an interesting manner. If anyone knows about the Underking, it is him.

180px-DF-Lothun_Face.png
Wish you luck.

fall_016-1.jpg

Mannimarco, I need to know whatever you can tell me about the Underking. Prince Lhotun believes he kidnapped his brother.

images
The Underking! That is a matter which concerns not just this realm, but several. Had you not been an Archmage, and one fairly well versed in Daedric culture, I wouldn't think of conversing about him. Tell you what. We'll cut a deal.

What do I have to do?

images
You teleported here with an anchor on Sentinel, did you not? You must simply go back there to your anchor.

fall_017-1.jpg

fall_018-1.jpg

Prince Lhotun's great great grandfather, in return for Prince Lhotun's brother. A fair deal.

We teleport back to Sentinel. Finding the letter was already a long exhausting day, and it's time to rest.

Suddenly, a strange hallucinating feeling overcomes the Archmage in his sleep.

The tune keeps lulling him into a deeper abyss, where someone seems to be reaching out for him.
DF-Underking_Face.png
Archma....must awake.....need you for a great many....slipping away...

Who....who calls?

DF-Underking_Face.png
Coming.....from Wayrest....a minor lord...sending....they are coming to kill you....you must awaken....much importance....

The Archmage wakes up to see two barbarians standing over him.

Conan-The-Barbarian.gif
You shall not wake up this morning. Have at thee!

fall_020-1.jpg

There is a note on their corpses.

fall_019-1.jpg

Strange. Who could this W be? Ah, I see the innkeeper Miss Yeomsley is coming down.

fall_100-1.jpg

I'll worry about myself, miss Yeomsley. You simply inform the authorities.

Now to find King Carolis.

fall_021-1.jpg

fall_022-1.jpg
fall_023-1.jpg

fall_024-1.jpg
fall_025-1.jpg

fall_026-1.jpg

fall_027-2.jpg

fall_028-1.jpg
fall_029-1.jpg

fall_030-1.jpg

(in Orcish) Brother Orsimer, I am a friend of King Gortwog and an admirer of your peoples. I know that your kind is not treacherous, and neither can be one who is a friend of yours. Let me pass.

morcwar.jpg
You are free to pass. Queen Akorithi may have my head for this, but I do not kill Blood Kin.

fall_031-2.jpg
fall_032-1.jpg

Hail and well met, Orsimer friend.

A human guard! Good thing she didn't see the archmage.

fall_033-1.jpg
fall_034-1.jpg

fall_035-1.jpg
fall_036-1.jpg

I am here on official business, Orsimer friend, you need not worry.

fall_037-2.jpg
fall_038-2.jpg

Do you know which way to King Carolis' holding cells? There is a risk of him escaping. Up the elevator? Thank you.

A human guard now. She blocks our path, and I can't pass through. No matter.

fall_039-1.jpg
fall_040-1.jpg

We'll use the Skull of Corruption on her.

fall_041-1.jpg

fall_042-1.jpg

fall_043-1.jpg

fall_044-1.jpg

This is one large, complex place.

fall_045-1.jpg

But we find the elevator.

fall_046-1.jpg

fall_047-1.jpg

First opening on the way up
fall_048-1.jpg

Second and last opening. It is blocked by magical bars.
fall_049-1.jpg

We go back down to the second opening.

fall_050-1.jpg

fall_052-1.jpg
fall_051-1.jpg

And it opens the bars upstairs.

fall_053-1.jpg
fall_054-2.jpg

We face a puzzle room.

fall_055-2.jpg
fall_056-1.jpg

fall_057-2.jpg
fall_058-2.jpg

Let's go through the only opening.

fall_059-1.jpg
fall_060-1.jpg

We go down.

fall_061-1.jpg
fall_062-1.jpg

We pull a lever that we find from a second elevator from the bottom floor. Here we create a save, one where we don't pull this lever. This difficult puzzle requires trial and error.

fall_063-1.jpg
fall_064-1.jpg

Now to the second opening from the second elevator.

fall_065-1.jpg
fall_066-2.jpg

fall_067-1.jpg
fall_068-1.jpg

Another magical cell opens.
fall_069-1.jpg
fall_070-1.jpg

And a third one.

fall_071-1.jpg
fall_072-2.jpg

fall_073-1.jpg

fall_074-1.jpg

We run across an impasse. It seems we pulled a wrong lever earlier. Time to reload and start the whole process all over again.

fall_075-2.jpg
fall_076-2.jpg

We make three failed attempts before we succeed.

fall_077-2.jpg
fall_078-1.jpg

fall_079-1.jpg
fall_080-1.jpg

We again go back down the first elevator. This time, the bars right ahead are gone.

fall_081-1.jpg
fall_082-1.jpg

The last lever.

fall_083-1.jpg
fall_084-2.jpg

It is done!

fall_085-1.jpg
fall_086-1.jpg

fall_088-1.jpg

Now to get ready for the lich fight.

I ready my best equipment. They will all kill the lich instantly.

fall_089-1.jpg

fall_090-1.jpg

fall_091-1.jpg

fall_092-1.jpg

fall_094-1.jpg

fall_095-1.jpg

Now for King Carolis.

fall_096-1.jpg

He hits a poison attack with his hand and ends up hurting himself, thanks to the Ring of Namira. Now he won't use normal attacks.

He then attempts to use a ranged spell attack.

SPELLBREAKER ACTIVATE!

fall_097-1.jpg

It fires back on him, immediately, thanks to the Spellbreaker.

Now to go back to the King of Worms and have him tell us who the Underking really is.

fall_098-1.jpg

Now, Mannimarco. I have had a tiresome day finding and killing this century old lich. Tell me now: Who is the Underking?

images
Zurin Arctus.

Did he kidnap Lhotun's brother?

images
You must ask him.

How?

images
You took a soul that he too wanted, and gave it to me. Now you have his attention. If you didn't have so already.

fall_099-1.jpg

images
Whatever you do, you must never let the Underking Zurin Arctus, former Battlemage to Tiber Septim, succeed.

Back to Sentinel, to investigate the Underking.

fall_102.jpg

Suddenly, that lulling, daydream like feeling strikes again.

DF-Underking_Face.png
If you want to learn the truth about Lhotun's brother, sleep at the Devil's Goat inn in Osissibia.

Who are you?

DF-Underking_Face.png
I can only keep up this communication from my grave if you are somewhere close to me. Osissbia.

We arrive at Osissibia.

fall_105.jpg

fall_106.jpg
fall_107.jpg

As Mottierre goes to sleep, he feels like he fell into a large coffin.

DF-Underking_Face.png
Lhotun's family lies about my involvement in his brother, Prince Faarn's kidnapping. You will learn the truth in Castle Faallem.

Zurin Arctus, is it? Former Battlemage of Tiber Septim.

DF-Underking_Face.png
Archmage, I need you as my champion to restore me to the Numidium. But for now, you must learn the truth.

How do you contact me?

DF-Underking_Face.png
I may be confined to my burial grounds, but my reach is far and wide. My body can never leave this tomb, but I steal away in the dreams of my agents, my enemies, and my friends.

The archmage wakes up with a snap.

To Castle Faallem then.

fall_110.jpg

fall_111.jpg

fall_112.jpg

We ready ourselves with the best daedric equipment.

fall_113.jpg

Faallem is a large place.

fall_114.jpg
fall_115.jpg

But not as large as Castle Sentinel. We find our objective quickly.

fall_116.jpg
fall_117.jpg

fall_118.jpg

The last words of Prince Faarn. What do they say?

fall_119.jpg

fall_120.jpg

fall_121.jpg

fall_122.jpg

Disinherited and left to die by his parents for being a scholar rather than a warrior. For all the Redguard talk of honesty and nobility, they can be a savage people.

fall_123.jpg

Lhotun, I have news for you.

180px-DF-Lothun_Face.png
Did you find my brother?

He is dead. The Underking was not responsible. Your father King Cameron was.

fall_124.jpg

Then to excorcise Lysandus, I must find Medora.

A missing link comes into the picture.

180px-DF-Medora_Face.png

TO BE CONTINUED...

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Since Morrowind LP went to shit right from the beginning, let's bump this.

How about showing the sidequest involving Lord Kavar? And the one with Princess Elysana, Helseth and Barenziah? There's some political intrigue in those that touch upon the main quest.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Since Morrowind LP went to shit right from the beginning, let's bump this.

How about showing the sidequest involving Lord Kavar? And the one with Princess Elysana, Helseth and Barenziah? There's some political intrigue in those that touch upon the main quest.
I had absolutely no idea about these nobles and their quests. I thought they just gave random fetch quests - give my friend a diamond and he'll give you 1000 gold. Thanks for the tip. I think I'll talk to these respective parties.

I just need the LP to move to the second page, so that the page doesn't get crowded with pictures.

Maybe post the best fan art you find until that happens? It could even be incorporated into the LP.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Lord K'avar is a very long sidequest that spawns randomly at the Fighters Guild, IIRC.

The quests I mentioned are interesting because they have choices at the end with long-term consequances on faction reputation which may even influence the game ending (if faction reputation is too low, the specific faction may try to rob you off the Totem of Tiber Septim by continuously sending assassins). Helseth and Elysana are rivals for the throne of Wayrest, etc.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Lord K'avar is a very long sidequest that spawns randomly at the Fighters Guild, IIRC.
Never mind then. I am not the biggest fan of Fighters Guild quests. They must be the weakest in the game.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Well, mages guild or fighters guild doesn't really matter, 90% of sidequests are identical.

The quest was interesting considering it involved a plot to overthrow Queen Akorithi, and it was possible to join K'avar. Considering how it is later revealed in the game what a bitch Akorithi is, it was a nice option.

Not to mention her daughter, married to King Gothryd, is quite the harpy herself. Just try giving her the letter from Mynisera's quest.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Anyway, more XL Engine pics of major characters:

bvr3p.png

Lord Woodborne

LBYzV.png

Queen Akorithi

v0OuI.png

Queen Aubki

zO656.png

Lady Brisienna

CgSoH.png

King Eadwyre

Qub1y.png

Princess Elysana

i402E.png

King Gothryd

4my3q.png

Prince Helseth

PPhMC.png

Princess Morgiah

FQ62u.png

Nulfaga

(unfortunately, no Barenziah)

Cassidy

Arcane
To think they started with such potential only to descend into MAJESTIC. Was it the first CRPG to feature vertical movement through climbing and levitation plus truly 3d dungeons or did Arena also feature it? This game makes me wish the Gothics had procedurally generated content together with their handcrafted stuff.

Started the game without reading the manual first, made a Redguard with Long blade/Archery/Acrobatics custom class originally called "Immortal", brought a silver sword to face harpies in Castle Necromoghan and also finish two quests there(one involving the goddamn harpies)... and guess what?

Silver can't harm harpies. And I spent all the money I had left before that to buy a MAJESTIC HORSE so I could finish the bank quest to get 4 fools gold bars back in time.

:rage:

Should have chosen hand to hand combat instead of swimming or another not so useful major/minor skill so I could just punch the way clear of harpies. I'll try to make it through with what I got now, run away from the harpies, get some loot, buy whatever I need to harm harpies. Maybe steel should do it? The manual has no mention of what can harm what and now it's too late to buy a book in-game on the subject.

*Edit: Found it. Damn Dwarven swords will be difficult to find in Daggerfall. I guess I'll have to carry several spares of different materials for different enemies just in case. Unless late stuff like daedric has no problems killing anything.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
To think they started with such potential only to descend into MAJESTIC. Was it the first CRPG to feature vertical movement through climbing and levitation plus truly 3d dungeons or did Arena also feature it? This game makes me wish the Gothics had procedurally generated content together with their handcrafted stuff.
Arena did not have climbing or levitation. It was a flatland game. I believe Ultima Underworld did have levitation spells.

Started the game without reading the manual first, made a Redguard with Long blade/Archery/Acrobatics custom class originally called "Immortal", brought a silver sword to face harpies in Castle Necromoghan and also finish two quests there(one involving the goddamn harpies)... and guess what?

Silver can't harm harpies. And I spent all the money I had left before that to buy a MAJESTIC HORSE so I could finish the bank quest to get 4 fools gold bars back in time.
Wow, that sucks. I wish I could help you, if I knew which weapon harms which. Being currently too used to playing spellcasters, I just know that spells always work where weapons fail. However, the game lets you start with an ebony dagger from get go (if you choose the option), and ebony material harms all enemies.

:rage:

Should have chosen hand to hand combat instead of swimming or another not so useful major/minor skill so I could just punch the way clear of harpies. I'll try to make it through with what I got now, run away from the harpies, get some loot, buy whatever I need to harm harpies. Maybe steel should do it? The manual has no mention of what can harm what and now it's too late to buy a book in-game on the subject.
On the hierarchy of materials, Silver outranks Steel. Therefore, Silver can harm anything that Steel can harm, while Steel can't harm anything that Silver can't harm. Hence, steel should not do it. Consulting the manual, the hierarchy of materials is as follows:

Iron
Steel
Silver
Elven
Dwarven
Orcish
Mithril
Adamantium
Ebony
Daedric

To roll for anything above Silver at starting levels, whenever you collect the randomly generated loot, you need to have high Luck. If you find Luck-boosting items, they will be a jackpot.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
The story so far...

ubfqu.jpg

Recently, we were introduced to a new set of characters.

180px-DF-Medora_Face.png

MEDORA DIRENNI
Court sorceress of King Lysandus before he died. Prince Lhotun told us that Lysandus' mother, in a fit of anger against his mistress, cursed her into the highest tower in Tamriel - the Direnni Tower. She seems to blame her for something or believes that she keeps dark secrets about her son which should be hidden. It is the former hold of her elvish royal family, and is now guarded by undead generations of her ancestors. She knows something about Lysandus that others don't, which may give a clue to why his spirit is restless.

FQ62u.png

EX DOWAGER QUEEN NULFAGA
She is the mother of King Lysandus. We are told by Lhotun that she was driven so mad with grief on the death of her son, that she cursed her son's mistress, whom she seems to hold responsible for something related her son's death or restlessness.

180px-Underking1.jpg

ZURIN ARCTUS, THE UNDERKING
While Tiber Septim is the only ruler to successfully conquer all of Tamriel, he did all with the help of two things - the power of his battlemage, Zurin Arctus, and a giant creature named Numidium. Tiber Septim betrayed his battlemage, fearing he may get ambitious, but his battlemage never died, even though his body was killed. However, the death of the battlemage caused the Numidium and the Totem to command it to no longer be effective. The Underking is still running a secret underworld empire.

Now, for the game.

fall_000-2.jpg

fall_001-2.jpg

24goz20.jpg
: King Gothryd. Queen Aubk-i. I am currently investigating the death of the former King Lysandus, and the reasons for his restless soul. Do you suppose you could assist?

i402E.png
: We are as much in the dark as you are. I think my father's ghost will continue to haunt us forever.

v0OuI.png
: There is one who could help you. The king's grandmother. But she is insane.

24goz20.jpg
: Well, then I am not going to bother with her.

v0OuI.png
: Well, maybe she is still sane. We haven't seen her for more than a year. You could at least see in what state she is.

fall_002-2.jpg

24goz20.jpg
: Not interested, I am not your errand runner.

v0OuI.png
: At least for your investigation.

24goz20.jpg
: Fine. I'll get to it eventually.

fall_003-3.jpg

24goz20.jpg
: But first, I am interested in your father-in-law's mistress.

fall_004-3.jpg

fall_005-2.jpg

fall_006-2.jpg

fall_007-2.jpg

We are now entering the Direnni Tower.

fall_008-2.jpg
fall_009-2.jpg

From the first door we take, we see two spirals of stairs connecting to the rooms right at the ceiling.

We levitate up there.

fall_010-2.jpg
fall_011-2.jpg

fall_012-2.jpg

A grim place. Is this what Medora does to intruders? Or is it just her eons dead overprotective ancestors?

fall_013-2.jpg

fall_014-2.jpg

Highest room in the tower. Hopefully, Medora is here.

fall_015-2.jpg

There is however, nothing. From that room, we can see the next highest room below.

fall_016-2.jpg
fall_017-2.jpg

We find something here.

fall_018-2.jpg

Turning it, we hear something click.

fall_019-2.jpg

We levitate down to that room, but there is a lich here.

fall_020-2.jpg

I forgot to equip the Spellbreaker, and so the spell did not get reflected back on the lich to kill him. But I survive the explosion that harms us both.

fall_021-2.jpg
fall_022-2.jpg

fall_023-2.jpg
fall_024-2.jpg

A pyramid room, with hallways at the top of the ceiling.

fall_025-2.jpg

fall_026-2.jpg

fall_027-3.jpg

We use the first door we find from the hallways to which we levitate.

fall_028-2.jpg
fall_029-2.jpg

fall_030-2.jpg

fall_031-3.jpg
fall_032-2.jpg

fall_034-2.jpg
fall_033-2.jpg

A room with four levers. We use trial and error, until a new hallway opens up with the right combination

fall_035-2.jpg
fall_036-2.jpg

fall_039-2.jpg
fall_040-2.jpg

One of Medora's ancestors still guards the entrance to her room. But he fails to notice us.

fall_041-2.jpg
fall_042-2.jpg

fall_043-2.jpg
fall_044-2.jpg

24goz20.jpg
: Medora. I must know everything. What really happened to Lysandus on the Battle of Cryngaine? Why is his soul restless? Why did his mother banish you?

180px-DF-Medora_Face.png
: I am sorry. I know nothing. I have not known anything since being banished here. I could look at the right places. But I need to be able to leave this place.

fall_045-2.jpg

fall_046-2.jpg

24goz20.jpg
: I'll help you. But you are to begin your investigations immediately once you are free. And contact me when you find something.

180px-DF-Medora_Face.png
: Done. You'll find me in this room, as you have now.

24goz20.jpg
: I am teleporting to the Mages Guild where I have an anchor. I'll teleport from there to Nulfaga. You'll be free tonight, so you'll be starting immediately. Remember. You owe me.

fall_047-2.jpg

fall_048-2.jpg

fall_050-2.jpg

DF-Mage_Travel.png
: A letter for you, Archmage Mottierre. You better read it before you teleport wherever you go.

24goz20.jpg
: House of Sentinel wants me, I see. Very well.

fall_049-2.jpg

fall_051-2.jpg

fall_052-2.jpg

fall_053-2.jpg

We are greeted by a door, but it does not open. It might be the room in which Nulfaga is locked.

fall_054-3.jpg

The magical nature of Nulfaga's work here is that it attracts others who seek magical power. That includes liches and daedra.

fall_055-3.jpg

24goz20.jpg
: SPELLBREAKER ACTIVATE!

The lich is killed just as he approaches me.

fall_056-2.jpg

fall_058-3.jpg
fall_057-3.jpg

fall_060-2.jpg
fall_059-2.jpg

fall_062-2.jpg
fall_063-2.jpg

fall_064-2.jpg
fall_065-2.jpg

fall_066-3.jpg
fall_067-2.jpg

I think we are in Nulfaga's chambers.

Her daedra bodyguards don't attack. If she is in the league of Molog Bal, whom these Coldharbourmen serve, she must be powerful.

fall_068-2.jpg

fall_069-2.jpg

fall_070-2.jpg

24goz20.jpg
: The Rape of the Lock.

FQ62u.png
: By Alexander Pope. A daedra. One from the world known as Earth. I have forgotten more daedric literature than you have learnt in your lifetime.

24goz20.jpg
: So I imagine. The Earth Daedra write some fine works, such as Paradise Lost. Say, "shut up, doorway to my heart"? Is that the passcode to your chambers?

FQ62u.png
: Yes. A learned man such as yourself is welcome anytime.

24goz20.jpg
: Listen, I need to free Medora. Whatever wrong she did, it's long pa-

FQ62u.png
: Shift the torch. That's all I shall tell you.

fall_071-2.jpg
fall_072-3.jpg

The torch. Next to the blocked passageway.

fall_073-2.jpg

We shift it.

fall_074-2.jpg

The passageway opens.

fall_075-3.jpg
fall_076-3.jpg

The unicorn's horn. Now back to Medora.

fall_077-3.jpg
fall_078-2.jpg

24goz20.jpg
: Shut up, doorway to my heart.

fall_079-2.jpg

fall_080-2.jpg

fall_081-2.jpg

fall_082-2.jpg

fall_083-2.jpg
fall_084-3.jpg

fall_085-2.jpg
fall_086-2.jpg

Now to meet Queen Akorithi.

fall_087-2.jpg

fall_088-2.jpg

fall_089-2.jpg

LBYzV.png
: You have arrived. Good. You want to know what troubles Lysandus?

24goz20.jpg
: It's all that interests me for now. Do you have anything real, or just vague leads?

LBYzV.png
: I can only tell you that the treacherous House of Wayrest has not been loyal to the Emperor, and it's part of what drives Lysandus mad.

24goz20.jpg
: Good enough. I take my leave.

LBYzV.png
: But I can only know for sure if you retrieve something from their palace.

fall_090-2.jpg

fall_091-2.jpg

To Wayrest then.

fall_092-2.jpg

fall_093-1.jpg

We become invisible, so that no one in the palace knows I am there.

fall_094-2.jpg

We find a teleporter in the House of Wayrest.

fall_095-2.jpg
fall_096-2.jpg

Which leads to a second teleporter in another room.

fall_097-2.jpg
fall_098-2.jpg

fall_099-2.jpg

Then to another room with a teleporter.

fall_100-2.jpg
fall_101-2.jpg

fall_102-1.jpg

fall_103-1.jpg
fall_104-1.jpg

The series of teleporters are over. Now to travel across the place.

fall_105-1.jpg
fall_106-1.jpg

There is a canal room. Within that room, there is another room accessible only through a hole between the canals.

fall_107-1.jpg
fall_108-1.jpg

fall_109-1.jpg
fall_110-1.jpg

fall_111-1.jpg

fall_112-1.jpg
fall_113-1.jpg

fall_114-1.jpg
fall_115-1.jpg

The painting is here.

fall_116-1.jpg
fall_117-1.jpg

fall_118-1.jpg

fall_119-1.jpg

fall_120-1.jpg

24goz20.jpg
: Lysandus...was murdered? So he was not killed on the battlefield. Is this what Akorithi wanted me to know?

fall_121-1.jpg

fall_122-1.jpg

24goz20.jpg
: I have the painting. And I have all the answers I need.

fall_123-1.jpg

24goz20.jpg
: Yes, of course I did! Your House knew it would not last the war against the Kingdom of Daggerfall. So you enlisted the help of traitors among the House of Wayrest. Have them kill Lysandus. Have your sister marry his son. Acquire your control over an enemy that nearly brought your kingdom to its knees. Turn the tables on them.

fall_124-1.jpg

24goz20.jpg
: You lot are not capable of settling anything outside of treachery. We shall not speak again.

LBYzV.png
: Oh, I think we will. I think we will.

TO BE CONTINUED...

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Does Spellbreaker give 100% reflect magic? I remember a room in a main story dungeon where about 10 Vampire ancients spawn.

My favourite spells in the game are Disintegrate (instakills everything with 100% chance at high levels) and Dispel undead (vampires and liches go *poof*).

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
In this lp, we can clearly see Wyrmlord larping a licksplittle of the aristocracy like a good little bourgeois peon.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
They did most of the major NPC portraits already (save Queen Barenziah). You can check it out here

My favourite is the King of Worms:

*snip*
:salute:

His princess Morgiah looks unacceptable. That girl makes me hot and bothered in the original - demand no pupils, luscious lips and smooth dusk skin (bronze acceptable too).

Wyrmlord

Arcane
In this lp, we can clearly see Wyrmlord larping a licksplittle of the aristocracy like a good little bourgeois peon.
But that is the whole game. I can't help it. Your character is SUPPOSED to be a petty errand runner for the aristocracy, whether he likes it or not. There are no choices here.

At most, I get to screw over all the royal families later on, but for now, the main quest gives you no other choice.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom