Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

"Let's Play In 4K" - Planescape: Torment - EE

• Thread starter Deleted Member 16721
  • Start date

Deleted Member 16721

Hey. :)

As you may know, I am doing a "Let's Play in 4K" for PS:T:EE. Episode 1 is up now, so feel free to check it out. I'm playing the entire LP with the Steam Controller, my own personal configuration that I am going to upload shortly (the version uploaded now is old, I've made several changes since then.) The control configuration will be part of my Fluent Controls series you can find on Steam (currently have configurations for Neverwinter Nights and Ember uploaded.) The game will also be shown in 4K and the videos will be a cool 45 minutes long (short and sweet. Well, short by my standards. :) )

So, here is Episode 1 and the start of the journey of the Nameless One and Morte the friendly talking skull. :) NOTE - This is a "blind" run, so please, no spoilers of any kind. Thanks, and I hope you enjoy!

Robespierre

Madame Guillotine
Patron
It's Kitten Time at the GreatCrystalShrine
Make the Codex Great Again!
So Beamdog add a framerate option. Interesting. They say that playing with 40 fps is the "enhanced" option, yet they warn players that doing so may cause some "audio sync issues as well as mistimed spell effects during combat". So much enhancement ! Well done !
Also, the original PS:T provided by GOG is already set in .ini to run at 40 fps.

Now, since you don't want spoilers of any kind there isn't much to say. Anyway, I believed you fucked up the attributes distribution (your wisdom is way too low).

Also, you persist in playing with the steam controller. Decline.

By the way, you have a really lovely voice. Do not smoke. And you should consider a journalist career. :love:

Deleted Member 16721

So Beamdog add a framerate option. Interesting. They say that playing with 40 fps is the "enhanced" option, yet they warn players that doing so may cause some "audio sync issues as well as mistimed spell effects during combat". So much enhancement ! Well done !
Also, the original PS:T provided by GOG is already set in .ini to run at 40 fps.

Now, since you don't want spoilers of any kind there isn't much to say. Anyway, I believed you fucked up the attributes distribution (your wisdom is way too low).

Also, you persist in playing with the steam controller. Decline.

By the way, you have a really lovely voice. Do not smoke. And you should consider a journalist career. :love:

Aww, thanks. :)

I love the Steam Controller and add better features to my configuration a few episodes later. It actually works really, really well for the game so far, IMHO.

I think "Morte" is pronounced "More-tay", not "Mort".

Well, I thought "Morty" at first - "Mort-ee". Then settled with Mort. Mort-ay seems a bit...I dunno, weird. I liked Mort-ee the best but have been settling for plain ol' Mort. Eh, whatever. :P

:what:

Like hell. First, he should fix this fucking whistling sound with each word spoken. This is serious defect. I suppose this is some teeth problem.

Achilles

Arcane
Alright, subscribed. Will you also be commenting on how well the controller works and if there is room for improvement in your configuration? The only RTwP game I've played with the Steam Controller is Battlefleet Gothic so I'd appreciate any such commentary.

Deleted Member 16721

I can't really hear the sibilance with this specific mic, but I definitely have heard it with other mics I've used over the years. I used to have to de-ess the final recording but since I don't hear it with this mic I stopped doing that. Could also be because of the heavy amounts of compression I use in post-processing.

Thanks, though. I'll look into it.

Alexandros , Sure, I occasionally comment about the controller as I'm playing (I've recorded a few episodes of this in advance already.) Since these first few episodes I made big improvements in the configuration, such as adding numbers to the face buttons for dialogue navigation, made the Tab highlighting a toggle and a few other things. I think as it stands, the configuration that I have used now will be the final one. I *could* get more in-depth with it, but it would mean I'd have to rebind some keys that aren't bound in the game to begin with, such as Cast Spell or Dialog. The Dialog button would be useful, I think, but if someone doesn't know to map the button themselves to match the controller configuration it wouldn't work for them, obviously. So I think I'm done for now. The configuration that gets uploaded for release will be the official one and will be 100% game-ready so the people who use it don't have to do anything extra to get it working.

Deleted Member 16721

Well, I don't hear any whistling sound. Unfortunately I'm almost deaf. :negative:

Sorry to hear. :( On the bright side, I make sure to mix and compress the audio when editing, so hopefully my voice can be heard loudly and clearly at all times and also not be drowned out by the in-game audio. :)

Deleted Member 16721

Just a friendly reminder that the giveaway for a copy of this game is still running on my Steam group. Find the FREE STUFF!!! forum and enter if you'd like. You'll receive your copy on the 11th if you win. :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom