Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Lets play Pool Of Radiance 2: Ruins of Myth Drannor. (Blind)

Filthy Sauce

Arbiter
Super Zombie Bros

oucIbKB.jpg

We start todays update with this load screen. I wonder how the snakeman managed to bind Lara Croft's hands when he himself has no hands? Also how come D&D creatures never have genitals.

xGhJlFZ.jpg

The party continues the quest for the Pot Metal Key to use on the locked chest found in last update. We wander around for awhile unmolested until the Heroes encounter a bombed out building housing some orcish hobos. We go in and kill them and take a +1 junk weapon, then spend some time examining empty bookcases. This is almost like Fallout 4... Except I dont have to suffer a minute worth of load screens when I enter/exit the room.

wQOKgBg.jpg

Clearing the bomb shelter allows the party to continue north. Just outside the room we find a corner of the hallway dedicated to casket disposal. Crooked Bee finds a stash of Arrows +1 inside a coffin. Cassidy remembers 4 years ago when she had to bury some sling bullets. She turns away to hide the tears.

nJd259P.jpg

The Heroes continue north... and whats this? Why am I excited to see tapestries? This game is so bland, simple wall decorations get me pumped up. I must get into this fancy room- Looks like cool shit inside. The door is locked and needs a key. This game is starting to remind me of Doom levels.

4Fg2gEn.jpg

The hall ends just a few yards North East. At the end the party finds the key to the door just laying on the ground. What is the point of this? This is beyond retarded. The key is literally just laying outside the door. Thinking of Doom, I was half expecting a trap to trigger and enemies spawn in, but nothing happened. I have never seen this before. Lazy fucks.

DS24Dtr.jpg

We return to the room and bust our way in. This is easily the most detailed location yet. Majestic rugs are laid out before us, 2 coffins sit on tables at the far end of the room. Standing by them then are 2 toxic colored zombie creatures with unique names. Fuck yeah, its boss fight time. Cassidy buffs up the party with bless. Please let this be the end game.

KU2sFaD.jpg

Everyone clumps together and clash in the middle of the room, blood and love juices splash everywhere. These zombies can attack 3 times per round- 2 punches and a bite. They also have a ton of HP. The RNG gods are not on the undeads side and they cant seem to land a hit. Not being sure if a zombies bite has any ill effects, RK47 casts 'Resist' on Cassidy. Just before the last zombie dies, it does manage to do a nibble. Something does indeed happen- Cassidy gets surrounded by a yellow cloud. Could not figure out what it did. I can only hope that the effect was resisted. Other than that the fight goes pretty well.

f7gz34K.jpg

Nothing in the room of interest except the coffins. There is an engraving describing the deceased. Something about Dwarf brothers from along time ago. I ignore it and collect the loot. An okay Con+2 STR +2 amulet. I think I gave it to Cassidy, I dont even fucking remember.

No end credits roll. I guess I have to keep playing. Ive been trying to quit drinking this month and this game is making it very difficult.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Game feels refreshing after my playthrough of Bugbears Ethnic Cleansing S(t)imulator aka Temple of Elemental Evil. Maybe for being even more raw, who knows. It's just entertaining, with speed-up patch or not.

Glop_dweller

Prophet
I still don't get it why people dislike this game so much - to me it captures the tabletop RPG atmosphere better than any other CRPG out there. Combat system has some flaws, but if you can overlook them, the game is definitely worth your time.
Well for me, it was that the thief cannot sneak more than ten feet in front of the armored fighters... and when you're used to burgling solo in BG1 & 2, that get's mighty annoying. TOEE is superb [IMO]; what can you have against it ~if you like POR2?.
In original zmbies are not making a sound of boiling pudding when walk - new one is better :P
IRRC, in the new one [patched], the zombies are all Olympic sprinters. :(

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom