Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's Play: Primordia

lightbane

Arcane
So, finally I completed this game. Gotta say I enjoyed it a lot. And there's multiple endings, from good ones to "BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! KILL THEM ALL" ones (including variations). But where are the romances? According to Bioware fans hard sci-fi games need these :M

Jokes aside, it really was an awesome experience. I wouldn't mind a sequel (assuming it doesn't turn into a corridor shooter popamole game).

PS: Shouldn't you update the lp's tag to Completed?

lightbane

Arcane
By the way, it's never explained what happened with Horatio's previous incarnations versions, right? Just to be sure I wasn't missing anything.

Also, I know there wass some sort of previous game/demo before Primordia. I don't know its name, but I'm sure it was about exploring a submarine or something. Can anyone tell me that game's title, please?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
By the way, it's never explained what happened with Horatio's previous incarnations versions, right? Just to be sure I wasn't missing anything.

I think it's kinda hinted at in the 'worst' ending, when you defeat MetroMind but lose both Crispin and Clarity.

Home.
But there's nothing left for me here, either.
The things I've lost can't be scavenged or repaired.
What's written can't be rewritten.
It can only be locked away.
I know now what the other Horatios knew:
the need to forget.
So.
Horatio, version 6:
May you build better
and make from Horus's sacrifice,
and all the ones that followed,
something more than a power core
and an empty ship,
full of echoes.

They probably went insane and had to reboot after realising there's no way in hell they can cope with their past and the current post-apo reality. Or something along these lines.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Yeah, there's nothing more than that ending, and the brief mention you get from EFL about his encounter with two of the prior versions.

The game you're thinking of is Beacon. It's available here:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/1403/

That was essentially all Victor. I think maybe I proofread and gave one puzzle suggestion, but he did everything else.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
The first part of "Fallen," a graphic novella set in the Primordia universe, is now released. Since I know you guys despise Facebook, I'll give you a direct link.

http://www.primordiagame.com/fallen_part_1.pdf

We would, of course, appreciate your liking us on Facebook, but by all means, don't feel obliged:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wormwood-Studios/47815438015

If you haven't played Primordia, "Fallen" is a spoiler-free introduction to the setting, although it's technically a sequel.

[Cross-posted from the Adventure Game thread. Feel free to delete if that's inappropriate!]

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Great LP, Darth Roxor . It provided me my Primordia fix, so I don't have to replay the game now. Which would be weird anyway, since I've finished it maybe two weeks ago?

This game is good. Good.

J1M

Arcane
Just completed this game. I liked it. Certainly an interesting setting.

Two questions:
1) Is it possible to trade for the plugboard? What does it do?
2) Is it possible to gain access to the door at the junkyard in the first half of the game? (How?)

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Greetung.

It is my pleasure to inform you that this LP is once again fully operational.

If anyone at some point still happens to stumble upon broken images or sth please be into reportings.

xoxoxo

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom