Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's Play: Rage of Mages 2 (The End)

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Nice read but I am bothered by the increasing power of the party. They could stop dying any time now...

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
takillya said:
Now that you have the amulet and the armor, pres tab and check Igles' health :smug:

IIRC it's somewhere around 900.

you should get poison cloud and level water. blizzard rips thing apart.

Well, not really much point in that by now since Kingcomrad has like... 110? in fire magic :thumbsup:

spekkio

Arcane
SCO said:
much Love for the pimp dresses.
About difficulty: initial updates consisted mostly of "Mission failed" screens, so the current state of events is a definite :decline:

:M

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Alright then, I'll post more 'mission failed' screens from now on. Because, actually, I'm still getting a fair amount of them, but most are usually due to stupid mistakes or carelessness that make Kingcomrad overwhelmed by squirrels.

ShavenApe

Novice
Darth Roxor said:
Alright then, I'll post more 'mission failed' screens from now on. Because, actually, I'm still getting a fair amount of them, but most are usually due to stupid mistakes or carelessness that make Kingcomrad overwhelmed by squirrels.
I'm not particularly interested in seeing all of the actual screens. Surely a simple "x5" or "x12" after each should get the point across?

P.S.:
3719082324_af76434390.jpg

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
rom2222.jpg

Our destination.

rom2223.jpg

rom2224.jpg

rom2225.jpg

rom2226.jpg

rom2227.jpg

And Igles's character sheet, in case you were wondering about his current stats. 1161 hp ftw.

rom2228.jpg

Some level 4 boner snakes. They cast poison (or curse or whatever, no idea how the spell is called as it's not available to the player), it's basically the anti-bless. They also suck.

rom2229.jpg

Level 4 spiders follow.

rom2231.jpg

They love to spam poison cloud.

rom2232.jpg

Level 4 ogres. They cast haste.

rom2233.jpg

They also hit hard, and even with Igles's new gear, he can't really tank two at once, although he almost can do that.

rom2234.jpg

A fourth ogre appeared and clubbed Dina into the ground.

rom2235.jpg

But after another try and a tactical retreat, we succeed.

rom2236.jpg

Level 4 orcs. Shit.

rom2237.jpg

Accompanied by level 4 goblins, too. I have no idea what spells the orc and goblin warriors cast, but orc archers use bless and gobbo slingers use magic shield.

rom2238.jpg

Igles got a tiny little bit overwhelmed.

rom2239.jpg

But the bastards were a little faster than our mages...

I hate the desert. It makes your characters move at supersluggish speed.

rom2240.jpg

Quick time warp, scorched earth, regular stuff.

rom2241.jpg

Here I was ambushed by spiders from one side and orcs from the other.

rom2242.jpg

Here I encountered the biggest orc mob on the map.

rom2243.jpg

I also got chopped up for BBQ.

rom2244.jpg

In this screenshot you can see the reason why this mob is really damn annoying. It has a level 4 orc shaman. And he can cast stone curse. Which means Igles can't hack up the incoming warriors or run if overwhelmed.

rom2245.jpg

Which usually ends this way.

rom2246.jpg

Or this way.

rom2247.jpg

Only to end this way after a few seconds.

rom2248.jpg

I tried setting up a massive trench of firewalls to get the incoming orcs or at least the shaman, but it didn't quite work. Even without the shaman's support, there are just too many warriors.

rom2249.jpg

Time for plan B. Igles hides among the trees and will kill incoming orcs one by one.

rom2250.jpg

Meanwhile, Kingcomrad shoops a few firewalls into the shaman's face.

rom2251.jpg

And this time we succeed. We also find some macguffin on the shaman's corpse.

rom2252.jpg

rom2253.jpg

Level 4 ghosts. They cast life leech. They also suck.

rom2254.jpg

More orcs.

rom2255.jpg

Entering troll country. These bastards cast stone curse.

rom2256.jpg

Wait, what?

Uh... we'll return here later.

rom2257.jpg

Ugly mofos spotted on the horizon.

rom2258.jpg

Prior to this screenshot, I was caught off guard by a flight of bats.

rom2259.jpg

Obvious troll is obvious.

rom2260.jpg

Okay, let's stop hugging the eastern mountain and proceed from the west.

rom2261.jpg

Entering troll country (again).

rom2262.jpg

rom2263.jpg

Guess this guy is the orcologist... he and what seems to be his apprentice were stationed in a valley behind the trolls. When you moved closer (or hugged the mountains), the turtles near him 'activated' and proceeded to chomp on him.

Guess we better hurry and heal him...

rom2264.jpg

Or not *shrug*

igles4.jpg
You are right, good man. I also dislike wandering in the sands. But let's get down to business. What does your master want?

orcologist.jpg
As you know, I study the life of the orcs, but I also do a lot of experiments. I need the juice of a giant cactus for one of them. I can't obtain it because I don't know where this sort of cactus grows, but I do know that the orcish shamans use it in their rituals. Whoever brings me the jews juice will be generously rewarded!

Good that we already have it.

orcologist.jpg
It is nice to know that there are people who treat my words seriously! I thought everyone considers me a mad scientist, a loon!

igles4.jpg
Maybe someone thinks that, but it's none of my business. Anyway, I was going to show you something. What do you think?

orcologist.jpg
This... This is it! The juice of the giant cactus is finally in my grasp! I will shower you with gold... in reasonable amounts, of course. I am a loon, alright, but that doesn't make me stupid.

rom2273.jpg

Uh... right. We get some phat amount of gold, let's get the hell out of here before he dies out of hp loss and we get mission failed.

rom2274.jpg

Meanwhile, KC gets a new cape

rom2275.jpg

And a robe.

rom2276.jpg

Bitchin'

rom2277.jpg

While Dina gets boots and gloves

rom2278.jpg

rom2279.jpg

Now both our mages have supercool sets of elven robes. Bitchin'

rom2280.jpg

Our next destination. There will be rape :rpgcodex:

Last edited:

lightbane

Arcane
Wow, it seems the mission was easy!!! Obviously a minor mistake, I expect rape soon...

Cassidy

Arcane
Might not be the most difficult but packs with 6 lizards are definitively the most annoying ever groups of enemies to fight against, specially because they'll never, ever give up chasing your party and it's totally impossible to outrun them. And there were at least four of them in a Forest mission in the Water Mage's version of Talena's quest.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
rom2281.jpg

First thing we do is get full henchman support.

rom2282.jpg

rom2283.jpg

rom2284.jpg

rom2285.jpg

rom2286.jpg

rom2287.jpg

rom2288.jpg

rom2289.jpg

rom2290.jpg

The melee henchmen will be most probably useless, but whatever. This is a full scale military operation, so we'll let them tag along, if only so that our force might look majestic.

rom2291.jpg

Destination.

rom2292.jpg

Blablabla, yes, we know what happens here.

rom2293.jpg

Okay, the plan is like the last time. We rush in, head south and brace ourselves for incoming clusterfuck.

rom2294.jpg

rom2295.jpg

Fortunately, with all the henches I now have a full set of resistances to elements.

rom2296.jpg

IIIIINCOMIIIIIIIIIIING

rom2297.jpg

A wild dragon appears.

Wild dragon uses horrible spells of rape.

rom2298.jpg

IT'S SUPER EFFECTIVE.

rom2299.jpg

rom2300.jpg

rom2301.jpg

Goddammit, I am NOT leaving till these things are DEAD.

rom2302.jpg

The foolish troll wandered into the enemy firewall. Meanwhile, KC finally got rid of that dragon.

rom2303.jpg

Now the succubus is with critical hp and on the run. We dispose of it shortly.

rom2304.jpg

Time to transport the rest of the troops.

rom2305.jpg

Wait, what? No enemy dragon on the other island? Perhaps it was the one we slaughtered with the previous mob?

*shrug*

rom2306.jpg

kc4.jpg
BLABLABLA updated my journal.

We already heard what you have to say about the magic phrase, KC.

So we make the monsters invisible and...

rom2307.jpg

Step to the other island.

rom2308.jpg

Merc druid dies.

rom2309.jpg

We cannot allow casualties.

rom2310.jpg

DIE

rom2311.jpg

YOU CUNT

rom2312.jpg

ffs.

rom2313.jpg

Well, what do you know, stepping on the teleport again sends us to another island.

But we're not leaving till all the dragons are dead. It's a matter of honour.

rom2314.jpg

Also, prior to this, I discovered a neat strategic information. The druid mercenary has stone curse. Which means we can just plug it on autofire and send the druid right after Igles to leave the dragon motionless for a period of time (until she runs out of mana). It gives us a big enough window of opportunity to transport and position all of our troops relevant to the fight.

rom2315.jpg

Shit hits the fan when the druid runs out of mana, though...

rom2316.jpg

rom2317.jpg

Merc mage down *timewarp*

rom2318.jpg

YES.

rom2319.jpg

YES!!!! HAHAHAAHA, STAY DOWN, MOTHERFUCKER

(hilarious side note: after this, I thought I'll get the other folks on this island and then I'll save the game. While shuffling through the troops, I accidentally placed KC on the teleport and sent him off to the other dragon-infested island and had to fight this one another 10 times...)

rom2320.jpg

Whoa, a speaking pyramid. Shit is trippin', yo

kc4.jpg
No, these things are not what I need. I have strength, I don't need power and money comes easily enough. I only ask for justice. I am a stranger on the Allod of Yases, and maybe that's the reason I can easily see the lack of it. This is my desire!

129px-Miss_World_2013_Megan_Young_%28cropped%29.jpg
And don't forget about World Peace!

rom2324.jpg

rom2325.jpg

So we recieve this pretty bitchin' hat.

rom2326.jpg

Also, the dragon dropped this staff that should come in handy later.

rom2327.jpg

Pimpin'

Thus we leave this island and proceed to the next one...

rom2328.jpg

Or do we...

rom2329.jpg

rom2330.jpg

Schlong...

rom2331.jpg

FFS

rom2332.jpg

But it dies on the next try. It also dropped another staff of stone curse, even better than the previous one, since it has max duration of 4 seconds.

rom2333.jpg

Aaaaaand we're victorious!

Meh, that's all? I'm not even winded :decline:

rom2334.jpg

In the shoppe, Dina gets a new hat.

rom2335.jpg

Hurr.

rom2336.jpg

And Igles gets a pretty neat chain mail. It may have 11 less defence than the Kaargian mail, but the +4 absorption bonus is a lot neater.

rom2337.jpg

Our next destination.

Last edited:

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Mighty fine LP, do continue.

I hope the King's request has something to do with negrodancers, I just love to watch negrodancers being killed.

getsuga

Novice
I have a question about mission : source of magic air.
On the map there are a few elders on islands with a dragons as a company. Near one of elder is even a pyramid. Do somebody know any use of this elders??
i have read somewhere that you can gather more than a hat. Someone who played this game said that if you do the quest properly you can receive 3 more items,
but i cannot figure it how and he played a long time ago so he does not remeber ;/.
If someone discover the clue please share it ;).

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
rom2338.jpg

Our destination.

rom2339.jpg

rom2340.jpg

rom2341.jpg

Pfff, silly girl. You don't understand honour :smug:

rom2342.jpg

Indeed, rainbow-coloured Igles. We should investigate the area.

rom2343.jpg

Pretty much at the start we're greeted by this fine gentleman.

rom2344.jpg

Like I give a damn that you'll be disappointed. But we'll play along for now.

rom2345.jpg

In the forest, we find a mob of level 3 ogres.

rom2346.jpg

It's pretty hilarious how Igles can tank all three at once now.

rom2347.jpg

Also a swarm of bats.

rom2348.jpg

But there are also neutral creatures, like these lizards.

rom2349.jpg

Or even a few dragons.

rom2350.jpg

Then we meet this filthy druid spy.

rom2351.jpg

rom2353.jpg

rom2355.jpg

Afterwards, we find this group of knights.

rom2356.jpg

rom2357.jpg

rom2358.jpg

Replace 'druids' with 'jews', and you get a typical nomask post.

rom2359.jpg

After that, they depart god knows where. So we make a timewarp and use stealth to go around them.

rom2360.jpg

rom2361.jpg

We can now alert the druids and maybe even avoid bloodshed.

rom2362.jpg

Entering neutral troll country.

rom2363.jpg

Before the druid camp, a wild dragon appears. It has no chance against us.

rom2364.jpg

After crossing the bridge, this guy appears out of nowhere with a few skeletons.

rom2365.jpg

The druid guards turn them all into stone. Nice.

rom2366.jpg

The druids sure are well entrenched. If the knights attack, it'll be a slaughterhouse.

rom2367.jpg

rom2368.jpg

rom2370.jpg

rom2371.jpg

rom2372.jpg

rom2374.jpg

On our way back to the knights, we are ambushed by another dragon.

rom2375.jpg

rom2376.jpg

And another dragon.

rom2377.jpg

Unfortunately, we can't use diplomacy on the knights *shrug*.

rom2380.jpg

Guess I'll just tag along and watch the massacre. I doubt these folks will even get passed the trolls.

rom2381.jpg

They barely even got passed the lizards...

rom2382.jpg

Meanwhile, we loot their bodies and the necromancer falls victim to wolves. GG

rom2383.jpg

Here are our objectives.

Let us go destroy the enemy of Yases then, shall we?

rom2384.jpg

rom2385.jpg

rom2386.jpg

rom2387.jpg

rom2389.jpg

IT'S A TRAP

rom2390.jpg

rom2391.jpg

rom2392.jpg

First thing we need to do is a tactical retreat to get the mages to a safe place. They're the only vulnerable part of our team, since Igles has IDDQD against mages.

rom2393.jpg

Skeletons are pretty much all down.

rom2394.jpg

So are the necromancers. But we don't leave yet, there's looting to be done.

rom2395.jpg

The negrodancer chief had this bitchin' amulet on him.

rom2396.jpg

So we get back to Kaarg and get more flavour dialogues.

I don't get it. I shattered the druids' trust? How? I didn't attack them, ffs.

rom2397.jpg

rom2398.jpg

rom2399.jpg

rom2400.jpg

The shop now offers crystal armour, but we don't buy it, as we'll be able to loot a full set later.

rom2401.jpg

Well, maybe except these bitchin' boots.

rom2402.jpg

New quests in the tavern.

uncle.jpg
Igles! I need to talk to you! The noble families of Yases have long worried about the Necromancer Guild, but they weren't stupid enough to openly confront them! What were you thinking?! Have you forgotten that we all serve the king, and that we must obey his will as long as he's alive? Your action may be qualified as treason!

kc5.jpg
There is a small peculiarity here. Why do you think that the king is alive? Especially considering that neither his face nor his crown have been seen for such a long time.

uncle.jpg
How dare you say that! And how dare you interrupt the conversation of two noble knights!!

igles4.jpg
Calm down, uncle. My friends and I have found and put together the three fallen stars. They turned out to be pieces of the crown of Yases! Now, I possess the crown!

uncle.jpg
WHAT? Are you saying that the crown of Yases was broken to pieces and scattered across the Allod? This is outrageous! Who could do that? Better yet, how and why did that happen?!?

And you didn't notice before that Igles had this silly crown on his head, eh, uncle? Nice going out there.

igles4.jpg
The answer to these questions would also explain everything else that's happening on the Allod. But who could know that answer?

uncle.jpg
The king would know. In accordance with the laws of our Allod, representatives of the gentry may annually ask three questions to the king, and he must answer.

igles4.jpg
I believe that the necromancers are involved in this. If they are, they'll do anything to prevent you from asking these questions to the king. They could restrict access to the palace, or something equally effective.

dina3.jpg
Excuse me for interrupting, but doesn't the king leave his palace once in a while? Maybe it's possible to meet him somewhere else besides the palace...

uncle.jpg
[intelligence] My, but aren't you a smart lass! The king stays in his palace almost all the time, except when he goes to his hunting grounds. They're well guarded, but not nearly as well as the palace. I believe I may be able to arrange for some of my people to be guarding the king's hunting cabin. I trust you Igles. You must unveil the mystery of the three stars.

rom2417.jpg

There's also this peasant girl in the tavern.

girl.jpg
Disaster... disaster! Our poor village... someone has cursed us! Zombies are everywhere, even the mage who lives nearby can't do anything about it! Help us, good people!

rom2419.jpg

There's also a familiar face.

orcologist.jpg
Greetings, heroes of the desert!

igles4.jpg
Oh no, not again. I'm sick of people praising our actions. I have no desire to be a hero.

orcologist.jpg
There's nothing you can do about it. People need heroes and you fit that role quite well. I was going to offer all of you a real heroic task... in the desert for a change.

igles4.jpg
Get on with it, then!

orcologist.jpg
As you know, I study the customs of the orcs of Yases, as well as their legends and tales. Among other things, they often mention an oracle used by the shamans. It is located in the most inaccessible part of the desert... But I have determined its whereabouts by analyzing the various tales and legends!

kc5.jpg
Are you going to take us there?

orcologist.jpg
Unfortunately, I would not endure the travel. But the ones who find this place will not only go down in legend, but they'll learn the future itself!

igles4.jpg
Thanks for the story. Do you actually think we'll be able to use the oracle if we get there?

orcologist.jpg
One of the orcs mentioned someone called the Desert Witch. She apparently knows everything about the desert. It might be just a myth, but I suggest you seek her out first.

After that we go to the druid camp, where more flavour dialogue awaits us.

rom2432.jpg

rom2433.jpg

rom2434.jpg

rom2435.jpg

rom2436.jpg

rom2437.jpg

And ZZ Top druid has a quest for us.

druid3.jpg
Many of my brethren are suspicious of you, especially after the king's raid on the ancient woods. But you're the only one who can solve my problem! The druids have always lived in harmony with all creatures of the woods, but now the beasties in my oak grove seem to have gone berserk! There is no way to calm them because they'll attack anything that moves. I can't even find out what happened because they would tear me apart as soon as I step off the road! However, a well-armoured group like yourselves can pass through their lines and discover whatever it is that is driving them mad.

Right then, here are our options:

rom2442.jpg

Angry animals.

rom2443.jpg

Cursed cadavers.

rom2444.jpg

Orcish oracle.

rom2445.jpg

Main mission.

DISCUSS!!

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom