Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's Play: Rage of Mages 2 (The End)

SoupNazi

The Oracle. Surely you're gonna get raped in the desert. :smug:

lightbane

Arcane
The orcish shaman. By the way, can you join the negrodancers and purify the woods of the druidfags?

Also, apparently you survived that mission without dying (not even once) :decline:

Cassidy

Arcane
I don't think there'll ever be again a game where you'll end badly if you don't question the objectives in each quest/mission and just follow through it as blindly as a consoletard would follow through a quest compass.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
lightbane said:
The orcish shaman. By the way, can you join the negrodancers and purify the woods of the druidfags?

I'm not sure. I think you get a 'mission failed' screen if you attack the druids with a message like 'blablabla you've betrayed the druids' trust' or something like that. But even if not, attacking them would be very much suicide, I think, with their stone curse casting druids and 3-4 dragons.

Also, apparently you survived that mission without dying (not even once) :decline:

Because that mission was banalshitboringpopamole with only level 3 creatures :(

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Wooo, Photobucket is being anal again. Guess that means no updates before 1st august

MikeJahn

Educated
I remember playing this game pretty far - I beat the first one but not this one cuse it got too hard (I was a kid when I played it) , should try again some time.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I just finished the Source of Magic mission without henchman support.. My, was that rage-inducing...
Finally brought down the dragon on the small island with the pyramid by spamming stone curse and blizzard. But only after about 40+ tries that ended in death for one or more of my characters.

:love: this game! :thumbsup:

Xidus

Novice
You know you can run this game higher then 640x480? You can even run it in widescreen with the patch here.

Xidus

Novice
Darth Roxor said:
rom2059.jpg

rom2060.jpg

This is what they say if you made a female mage
snap0004635.jpg

snap0004636.jpg

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Hey, what do you know, the screenshots are back already.

Xidus said:
You know you can run this game higher then 640x480? You can even run it in widescreen with the patch here.

Possibly, but the 640x480 doesn't really bother me, and it's the optimal LP format. If all screens were in, for example, 1024x768, it would kill photobucket's bandwidth fast.

Also: your version of Igles looks supergay :lol:

Xidus

Novice
It's ok, I balance it out by leaving Dina in her underwear :P

I can't go back to a low res after using higher ones. Makes +sight items even nicer.

snap0004638.jpg

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
rom2446.jpg

Destination

rom2447.jpg

rom2448.jpg

rom2449.jpg

rom2450.jpg

rom2451.jpg

Here we are. Let's look for the witch bitch.

rom2452.jpg

Well, that was fast.

rom2453.jpg

witch.jpg
How do you know who I am?

igles4.jpg
It would be hard to mistake you for anyone else. Besides, the Orcologist told us about you

witch.jpg
Oh, that strange man! I guess I seem strange to you too, don't I?

igles4.jpg
A bit... but it suits you well!

witch.jpg
Those are the first nice words I've heard in the many years of living here. Thank you, now what can I do for you?

igles4.jpg
I need to talk to the oracle.

witch.jpg
It is not easy. The only one who can hear the oracle is the shaman who serves it. But he is so old and frail he does not perform the ritual often. However, you might be able to persuade him to do the ritual for you. He lives far from here, beyond the southern mountains.

Splendid. We shall go see this shaman then.

rom2463.jpg

Meanwhile, we're caught right in the middle of a clusterfuck, but no casualties are taken.

rom2464.jpg

There sure is a lot of succubi out here.

rom2465.jpg

But suddenly, level 4 spiders appear out of nowhere!

rom2466.jpg

Oops. Level 4 spiders can not only cast poison cloud, but also turn invisible. Sneaky bastards.

rom2467.jpg

The orcs are approaching!

rom2468.jpg

rom2469.jpg

Igles could not endure the orc WAAGH.

rom2470.jpg

Funny thing, Dina has such long sight right now (further boosted by standing on a hill) that we can observe the orcs and bombard them with long range artillery (fireball) from a safe distance without them engaging in combat.

rom2471.jpg

But going a little too far provokes an attack

rom2472.jpg

This time we're a little better prepared and manage to succeed.

rom2473.jpg

A switch? Curious. Pressing it doesn't seem to do anything.

rom2474.jpg

So we move on and find some undead on the way.

rom2475.jpg

Crap, they have high level liches.

rom2477.jpg

But Igles has iddqd against magic, so a quick bombardment dispatches them effectively. Also, they have level 4 skeleton archers: they can turn invisible and cast shadow cloud.

rom2478.jpg

More undead up ahead.

rom2480.jpg

Some lovely art deco.

rom2481.jpg

And another mysterious switch...

rom2482.jpg

Meanwhile, we're ambushed by two succubi and Dina goes down after two surprise prismatic sprays.

rom2483.jpg

Can't see shit, cap'n.

rom2484.jpg

Uh... okay, I guess?

rom2485.jpg

Igles has the crown of Yases and half a set of crystal plate armour, but he'll just stop to take a funny looking gem... right

rom2486.jpg

A little later, our hero is ambushed by sneaky spiders.

rom2487.jpg

We also find another switch. When will this madness end?!

rom2488.jpg

Welcome to the valley of the switches. Maybe some pattern for it will be revealed later, so I'll leave them alone for now.

rom2489.jpg

Ogres are a-comin'

rom2490.jpg

But they are all dumb and fat and get stuck at the trees, which makes killing them easy.

rom2491.jpg

Burrrrrrrrrrn.

rom2492.jpg

One of them dropped a head. Uhm, okay?

rom2493.jpg

Some more spiders.

rom2494.jpg

Another switch.

rom2495.jpg

A skeleton tries to go rambo on our arses (spoiler: he fails)

rom2496.jpg

Guess this is the shaman the witch spoke of.

rom2497.jpg

shaman.jpg
Strange-strange. Humans always want-want to kill orcs.

igles4.jpg
I don't have time to argue with you over who wants to kill whom. I need to talk to the oracle that's supposed to be somewhere in the sands. Can you help me with that? I will pay you back, I swear!

shaman.jpg
I can talk-talk to the oracle. But I need a stone-stone from the mines and an ogre's head. The mines are northwest of here, but you'll have to find-find the ogres on your own!

igles4.jpg
Look, shaman! I have what you need.

shaman.jpg
Well, let's go-go to the oracle then. It will talk-talk well.

rom2505.jpg

Turns out it wasn't just art deco.

rom2506.jpg

shaman.jpg
A-a-a-a!!! U-u-u-u!!! E-e-e-e!!! Speak, oracle! I hear-hear you! Strange things oracle say. Speaks about our great mage Urd. Speaks about another great mage Skrakan. Says Skrakan will defeat Urd twice without fighting. Will send doom to Urd first, will save Allod next. Two victories, two great deeds will... Got no idea what this means. You think, I go home. Will boil the ogre's head, have good dinner!

rom2515.jpg

Wooo! Before leaving, I tried doing something with these mysterious switches, but I couldn't really make them do anything. Oh well.

Next move: undead scourge or wild animals? Which is better and why? DISCUSS.

Last edited:

lightbane

Arcane
Purify the undead scum!

PS: I suspect these switches could be bugged or their fuction was cut.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Annoying with those switches.. I'm sure they're not put there just to tease.

Or are they?

Sneaky Russian game developers! :love:

Also, wild animals can make for a bitchin' barbecue. :thumbsup:

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Heh, getting easier. Well finish it anyway no point in turning back now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom