Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's Play Septerra Core: Legacy of the Creator

CrazyLoon

Prophet
Title.jpg

This is my first Let's Play, therefore derp is to be expected. Septerra Core is a Japanese( :bounce: ) style RPG. I've never finished this game before, since I always give up once the combat gets tedious. Made several unsuccessful attempts over past many many years ever since the game was released, however, that's all going to change. This could very well be the last time I play this game, and hopefully the very first time I finish it, so I figured I be a bro and make a LP out of this play through. As well as to level up a bit on the LPing department. And it's new year.

Table of Contents
Part 1 : Surviving the Intro
Part 2 : The Bizarro World
Part 3 : Gone With The Wind City
Part 4 : Gone Is The Wind City
Part 5 : The Art of War
Part 6 : Prison Break
Part 7 : Anticlimax
Part 8 : Connor The Horny Pirate
Part 9 : Armageddon
Part 10 : FOR THE EMPRAH!

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I saw it before in a pirate game store when I was 16? or so? And wasn't impressed enough to buy it when Final Fantasy bored me to death, hahah. Good luck!

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
I got this game in a magazine many springs ago, never finished it either...good luck with the LP.

CrazyLoon

Prophet
Let's Play Septerra Core: Part 1 - Surviving the Intro

Me.jpg
: So without further ado, we jump right into the game. And I would like to apologize for the horrid quality of the screenshots of the cutscenes. For some reason they won't play at all. Compatibility mode to no avail. I have to resort to firing up youtube instead unfortunately.

[Intro]
Screenshot-2011-12-30_174601.png

In the beginning, the Creator brought forth the shining jewels of the universe and all their secrets. One such jewel was the world that would be known as Septerra.

Screenshot-2011-12-30_174619.png

Its secret hidden within its core, seven distinct layers of continents, called World Shells, orbit the planet, each connected to the other by a giant bio-mechanical spine. At the center of all lies the Core, an immense bio-computer regulating the movements of the shells.

Screenshot-2011-12-30_174644.png

The Creator fashioned into this world a way in which man himself might one day inherit his power. He created twin keys which could be used to unlock this secret, granting the gift of the Creator: the Kingdom of Heaven.

Screenshot-2011-12-30_174656.png

Every one hundred years, the alignment of the upper continents creates a beam of light, which penetrates the depths of the core, activating it for a short time. At this time, the keys may be used to unlock its secrets. Many men attempted to possess these relics, but the world was not yet ready.

Screenshot-2011-12-30_174708.png

Then, there arose one that the Creator and his host of angels could not destroy. Gemma, a fallen seraph, captured the keys to the Core.

Screenshot-2011-12-30_174722.png

The Creator, in desperation, sent Marduk, his only begotten son, to Septerra. And then left the affairs of men forever.

Screenshot-2011-12-30_174734.png

After a battle that raged for a hundred days, Marduk defeated Gemma and retrieved the stolen keys. Teaching that the world was not yet ready for such power, he hid the ancient relics.

Screenshot-2011-12-30_174745.png

But Marduk prophesized that one day, many millenia in the future, when the world was in grave danger, they would once again be found. And the power they could unlock would save the world from destruction. That time is now.
Me.jpg
: The intro is MAJESTIC! :bounce: But I should stop because there is more.

Me.jpg
: [PERCEPTION] It's the main menu.
1.png

Me.jpg
: [INTELLIGENCE] Click "New Game" to start the game. Almost failed this check.

(Immediately, we are taken to the, supposedly, the throne room of the Emperor. He is seen discussing business with two of his lieutenants.)
2.png

Doskias.jpg
: It is not heresy. The artifacts are meant to unlock the secrets of the Core. Now that we have found them, we must use them.
EmperorAspertine.jpg
: The discovery of the Keys that Marduk hid from us so long ago truly bestows a great responsibility upon we of the Chosen, Marduk's people. But the next conjunction is over 50 years from now and only at that time can they be used. So it was made, so it has been for millenia. This being so, I remain puzzled, Lord Doskias. Why, after so long, must we expect that law to change?
Gunnar.jpg
: Perhaps our task should be to preserve the Keys for the future generations that will be able to use them. Or does Doskias intend to bring this awesome power to bear, and create his own conjunction?
Doskias.jpg
: Watch your tongue boy. I am the direct descendant of Marduk, son of the Creator. It is my destiny to fulfill his prohesy! If I have to step over your corpse to do so, like I did your father's so be it...
EmperorAspertine.jpg
: Why do you talk so easily of corpses? How many lives must be wasted to achieve your ends? I very much doubt that it was Marduk's intent.
Gunnar.jpg
: Yes, please; tell us how you will collapse time and bring the future to the present?
Doskias.jpg
: Enough! My plan will bring light to the Core in days instead of decades. Know this, Emperor Aspertine: In the Prophesies, Marduk teaches that one of his blood shall arise to fulfill his words!

3.png

(Doskias stomps off along with his two bodyguards. Leaving Gunnar and the Emperor in the room.)

4.png

Gunnar.jpg
: But he will need the Keys to fulfill his plan... without them he can do nothing.
EmperorAspertine.jpg
: That is what we should fear. He will take them from us, if he has to start a holy war to do it... Gunnar, can I count on your fleet?
Gunnar.jpg
: As my father's before me...
EmperorAspertine.jpg
: Then protect the Relics. You must not let Doskias change the destiny of the world to meet his own whims...
Gunnar.jpg
: As you wish.

(Some foreshadowing there, but I think it's perfectly clear, and safe to assume, that Doskias is the main villain in the game. The people shown there are the Chosen, occupying the 1st World Shell, the uppermost one. Next up, we have yet another cutscene, featuring our protagonist(s) in the 2nd World Shell.)
Screenshot-2011-12-30_174826.png

(Here you can see some Chosen ships Arbiters hovering in the air.)

Screenshot-2011-12-30_174847.png

(Finally, our heroes show up. A girl, a mechanic, and a robodog.)

Screenshot-2011-12-30_174859.png

(As they tread on the sand, the battleships sweep over their heads.)

Screenshot-2011-12-30_174947.png

(The ships fly away, while our heroes remain behind, watching in total awe.)

Screenshot-2011-12-30_175001.png

Grubb.jpg
: Cool! I haven't gotten that good a look at a Chosen ship in a long while.
Maya.jpg
: Grubb, we need to tell Uncle about this.
Grubb.jpg
: But did you see it, Maya? Those ships are grown, not built.
Maya.jpg
: Come on, let's go before it comes back.
Grubb.jpg
: Runner can get us home fast. I refitted his legs this morning.
Runner.jpg
: [RoboBark]

Screenshot-2011-12-30_175022.png

(Our heroes waste no time to return home and inform Uncle of this strange incident.)

(Back at the house.)
5.png

Grubb.jpg
: Zero hope, Maya. I hafta work on Runner's sensors. Next time... promise. (Grubb exits the room)

(This is Tori, the perfect example why you should never let your kids play GTA. Spoiled little brat wannabee gangsta, next thing you know, he's the most wanted man in the entire World Shell.)
6.png

Maya.jpg
: I need to talk to Uncle... is he here?
Tori.jpg
: Maybe... what's it worth to ya?
Me.jpg
: I told you he's a hustler.
Kid1.jpg
: Uncle's in the other room, Maya. He'll be right back...
Tori.jpg
: Shut up, you traitor! You're cutting my profits here!
Kid2.jpg
: Did you bring us anything from the junkpiles?
Maya.jpg
: Not today, I'm afraid.

7.png

Maya.jpg
: Uncle, while Grubb and I were out junking today, we saw ships in the sky. They were definitely battleships of the Chosen, heading east... Why are they here again?
Tori.jpg
: What are you so afraid of, Maya? They probably didn't even see you...
Uncle.jpg
: It doesn't matter. The last time they came, when Maya was your age, battles between their own tribes happened here.

8.png

Uncle.jpg
: (In the flashback) Maya! We have to find shelter!
Uncle.jpg
: Their ships strayed into our city and many people died, including your parents. Since then we've been a city of orphans and elders.

9.png

Tori.jpg
: Whatever, I know, I know! You and Maya have taken care of us ever since... You never let us forget!
Maya.jpg
: You're too young to really remember the devastation.
Uncle.jpg
: As your teacher, Azziz, would say... history falls into cycles, my boy.

(Enter the Mayor and two Workbots.)
10.png

Mayor.jpg
: Search the place. They're hiding in here somewhere...
WorkBot1.jpg
: Good day, Uncle. Good day, Miz Maya.
WorkBot2.jpg
: It's a fine day, isn't it?
WorkBot1.jpg
: Yes, the fresh air would do wonders for you, Uncle...
Mayor.jpg
: Alright, alright; ENOUGH! We're not here to eat lunch. We're here to arrest smugglers!

(As ordered, the Workbots proceed to search the house for anything suspicious.)
11.png

Mayor.jpg
: I'm the Mayor of this town, and I can do as I like! Someone is smuggling weapons from the junk piles to a city on the World Shell below. Now, their greed is going to get us all killed!
Me.jpg
: At this point, Tori sneaks off. Of course, none of these goons noticed it except yours truly.
Maya.jpg
: This has gone too far. Get out of our house... now!
Mayor.jpg
: Oh, don't think this is over. When there's trouble, it's always the Junkers at the heart of it...
WorkBot1.jpg
: Goodbye!
Mayor.jpg
: Oh, shut up!

12.png

Maya.jpg
: I'm not sure...
Me.jpg
: :stupid:
Uncle.jpg
: Probably to class... a place you are probably late for as well, Maya. Perhaps you can ask your teacher about there ships you saw...

(The intro ends)
13.png

Me.jpg
: (Overwhelmed) After such a long intro, we are finally free. Let's look around the house for stuff to steal, shall we?

(We head to the kitchen.)
14.png

(Little known fact, bread is the lowest tier of healing items, but a healing item nevertheless.)
Me.jpg
: And it heals 50 HP. What's wrong, HHR? :troll:

(Out we go!)
15.png

TO BE CONTINUED.

Next Time: The formal introduction of our main character, the blue haired tranny, Maya. We explore the town and its surroundings. Then we pay a visit to this Azziz and initiate a full :obviously: investigation on what shady things Tori has been doing lately.

laclongquan

Arcane
I still remember the tenors, the sounds of the first dialog. Pretty memorable game, and it ages well.

Dialog alone is great but you should interject your own interpretation of the happenings in the game. More interesting that way.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Yeah the portraits are what turned me off...then came the combat. I wasn't really impressed with the grinding 1 v 1 machine gunning dogs in the short demo the shopkeeper showed me.

"This is like Final Fantasy," he said.
"....Uh...ok. No thanks. I'm out!"

CrazyLoon

Prophet
Yes, the graphics are still pretty decent, especially the isometric view. Only in certain areas though. The further you are into the game, the more tiling, uninspiring areas there are. You can just feel the sloppiness getting worse and worse as you progress.

Duckard

Augur
The first screenshot from the game reminds me of Torment for some reason.

I will be following this. I actually thought it was pretty decent, though I was even smallish and kind of more easily pleased back when I did download it, and as far as I remember I never had to grind. I actually got through it just using the characters I liked it, without using the others other than when I felt like it or I had to, and still they were all more than strong enough for the last part, where all have to fight. And I liked the ending, kinda.

Drakron

Arcane
Played it, finished at least twice (finished the first time I played and then a couple of years later I replayed it also to completion) and yes, it aged well.

The battle system really only picks up with the cards as still only starts to get interesting after you get enough cards to create different effects, I would say around when you get certain cards it can get a bit broken but there is still some interesting attacks like the Grubb/Led combination attack, also Lobo is downright awesome.

CrazyLoon

Prophet
Let's Play Septerra Core: Part 2 - The Bizarro World

We join our heroine back in the Junktown. Before we head out to take care of business, let's take a look at the basic mechanics of the game.
16.png

This is our inventory of usable items. Bread heals 50 HP, root heals 250 HP, the rune stone restores core, you get the idea.

Here is the character attributes sheet.
17.png

Look at all the stats! But don't fap yet, because they really serve no purpose, since there is no way to customize your character. All the points from level up are automatically distributed, Diablo 3 style. The only customization, if you can even call it that, is to buy the best equipment available.

Maya is a jack of all trades character. She excels at nothing, terrible at nothing. Everything is average and at the middle. I love how her appearance also demonstrates this trait. She is probably created in the Skyrim character creator with the gender slider set to the middle.
Me.jpg
: Don't let that affect you, Maya. We, the Codexians, are all trannies at heart. Now, let's carry on to see Azziz.
Maya.jpg
: Agreed. Follow me.

18.png

We leave the town via the southeast entrance.

Then we head west into the Badlands.
19.png

We encounter our first enemy.
20.png

The dog's bite does 2-4 damage each time. We blow him away with 5 rifleshots.
Me.jpg
: Hey, I thought we were going to school to see your teacher? What the hell are we doing here, in the middle of nowhere shooting dogs?
Maya.jpg
: We are on right track. His temple is to the west.
Me.jpg
: Why do I get the impression that he is some raving lunatic? I mean come on! He is out there alone in his temple, separated from the city and the rest of the inhabitants of this World Shell by a passage, that is occupied by packs of vicious wild dogs. Then he wants you guys to go visit him for school? He is insane. You are insane also for putting up with this shit.
Maya.jpg
: Enough, let's go.

What kind of person Azziz is, I guess we will find out soon enough.
21.png

We proceed to speak with Azziz.
22.png

Maya.jpg
: He's not here?
Me.jpg
: He's probably the only normal person here. And me of course.
Azziz.jpg
: Hahaha... Soon you will understand, my child.
Azziz.jpg
: Well, let us start without him. Are you familiar with the legends of Marduk?
Maya.jpg
: Yes, he was the great hero who defeated Gemma with the help of the Seven Winds!
Azziz.jpg
: You get ahead of yourself, child. You know the final scene, without the benefit of the first act. Marduk is but one of the principal characters of the ancient stories. Together, they all rule the use of Spells. As you know, a great energy and power emanates from the central Core of Septerra, harnessed from the rotation of the World Shells themselves. This very power is used by the Core to regulate the rotations of the Shells, creating an eternal equilibrium. The excess energy is radiated out of the Core into the world. We use this energy, called Core Power, to run our machinery and cast spells. To cast spells, one must use ancient relics called Fate cards to draw Core power. Each card is its own spell, but... they can be combined to create varied effects. Up to three cards can be combined; each played by a different user, each adding its own power. If any more than three are aligned, then the power is lost. Fate Cards are ruled by the demigods of our world, called Fates: The First is Marduk, Son of the Creator, and Fate of War, who defeated Gemma in the battle of the Seven Winds, banishing him to the Pits of Janaak. The Second, Kyra the Angel, Fate of the Heart, who helped Marduk with her light, and became his queen. The Third, Dogo the Trickster, Fate of Cunning, who used his illusions to ensnare Gemma. And finally, Gemma himself, Lord of the Dark, and Fate of Demons, who ruled Septerra in mockery of the Creator, soiling the Father's great with the blood of his children. Each of the Fates can be combined with any other, and once you find them, you can use the cards as many times as you wish, as long as you have enough Core Energy. You must practice this technique to learn the ways of magic. That is all for today's lesson.

FateCards.jpg

Me.jpg
: So these are the cards? I can care less about these. I'm much more intrigued by the card you just used.
Azziz.jpg
: You mean this card?
Wall_Of_Text_xerent.jpg

Me.jpg
: Precisely. I want it. Give it to me old man.
Azziz.jpg
: My child. For this, you shall have to speak to my most outstanding apprentice - Black Cat. But remember, in order to gain great power, one must sacrifice greatly. In other words, pay a price not everyone can "afford." She is a delicate creature, so remember to bring nice stuffies, preferably as expensive as possible. Otherwise, you risk getting your ass kicked by the 18/00 strength of her boyfriend.
Me.jpg
: Thank you for the advice... I will make sure I bring my Belt of Hill Giant Strength if that ever comes to pass.
Maya.jpg
: Do the ancient heroes still exist?
Azziz.jpg
: Their power does, and it helps watch over and protect the world.
Maya.jpg
: Sometimes I feel as if my mother is watching over me.
Azziz.jpg
: Pray she watches over us all, my child.
Me.jpg
: Hey Maya, I didn't know your mom is Saint Mary.
Maya.jpg
: Who is Saint Mary?
Me.jpg
: Nevermind...

With all that being said, we received this!
23LOOT.png

The first Fate Card of our game. Although Fate Cards are the most damaging form of attack you can have in the later stages of the game, they completely suck at this point. Not going to bother with cards for a while.

25.png

On our way back to our house, we shoot some more dogs and then this happens!
:yeah:

26.png

We go to Downtown Oasis.

As we enter Uncle's house...
27.png

We see Tori, who was not present at teh Lesson.
Tori.jpg
: Um... I had other plans...
Maya.jpg
: Uncle's going to kill you...
Me.jpg
: Oh wtf, Maya? If he had gone to see Azziz, he would definitely be devoured by those bloodthirsty dogs. How can anyone have a defenseless child, alone by himself, go through a dangerous killing field like the Badlands, for... uhhh... school?
ToddHoward.jpg
: What's with the butthurt, CL? Did you forget that kids are immortal? Little Lamplight says hello!
Me.jpg
: :rage:
Tori.jpg
: Not if you cover for me!! (He runs away.)

We must report this atrocity to Uncle at once!
28.png

CLICK!
Maya.jpg
: Tori wasn't in class today...
Uncle.jpg
: What?
Maya.jpg
: He asked me to cover for him.
Me.jpg
: Not only that, he conjured up the spirit of Todd Howard to torment yours truly.
Uncle.jpg
: The level 50 Chaotic Evil Dovahkiin? That is not good at all.
Uncle.jpg
: You better find him, Maya.
Maya.jpg
: Do you think he's in trouble?
Uncle.jpg
: Let's hope not. Check the water pumping station, he usually hangs out there...
Me.jpg
: No objection from me. Let's go.

We carefully study the scene, paying special attention to anything unusual.
29.png

Looks safe enough...

And right as we enter...
30.png

Tori.jpg
: But, what if Uncle finds out?
Dugan.jpg
: It's not my problem... Hey, who's that?
Tori.jpg
: Maya! You're screwing up my deal!
Maya.jpg
: I can't believe you're the smuggler, Tori!
Tori.jpg
: Hey, a guy's gotta make a buck...

Suddenly, three swordsmen from Wind City, the capitol of the 3rd World Shell, attempt to arrest our heroine, as Tori slips away.
31.png

Maya.jpg
: Wait...
Me.jpg
: What's there to fear? They only have swords. This looks like a triple kill to me.

And is it? Here we have our first mini boss fight. The two guards on the sides, they do one damage with each attack. On the other hand, Maya's weakest attack does 5 and they have around 20-25 HP. They don't post much threat to our heroine.
32.png

Except when...
33.png

They cast heal. Still doesn't make the fight any harder. It just prolongs the fight. We focusfire on the guy in the right.

34.png

It seems like our strategy was a mistake. The guard sergeant packs quite a punch. After taking out the one of his henchmen, we think it's time to put the leader himself to sleep.

35.png

Maya took some damage, but she managed to eliminate the sergeant. She turns to her last opponent. He drops in no time.

LOOK AT THA LOOT!
361.png

:yeah:

Unfortunately, we didn't get headshots.
37.png

Now we have to go back to Uncle... again...

Looks like we'll be welcomed with open arms.
38.png

WindCityGuard.jpg
: If you see them, let us know.
Mayor.jpg
: Stand guard, don't let those two crooks get away.

A speech check! Well, actually not...
39.png

WorkBot1.jpg
: Yeah, we have to stop you, report you to the Mayor, and have you arrested!
Maya.jpg
: [SPEECH SUCCESS] Mayor treats you like junk! Grubb made you, not Mayor...
WorkBot2.jpg
: Yeah, she's got a point...
WorkBot1.jpg
: He is a jerk isn't he?
WorkBot2.jpg
: He's a slave driver! He treats us like robots!
WorkBot1.jpg
: I'm sorry miss, we can no longer talk to you in an official capacity, we're on strike!
WorkBot2.jpg
: Yeah, we're on strike!

Let's see what Uncle has to say.
40.png

Maya.jpg
: It's Tori. He is selling weapons he finds in the junkpiles.
Uncle.jpg
: He went to hide out in Outlaw Canyon. You must find him, and set things straight.
Maya.jpg
: But, Outlaw Canyon lies past the Pumping station! I've never gone that far...
Me.jpg
: WAIT! Wait one second! YOU! Fat guy. How in the fuck do you, a :patriot: , know so much? How the hell do you know Tori's whereabouts? And how in the hell do you know he loves to hang out in the pumping station in the first place? I think you are taking us for a fool, doppelganger. I think you are up to some shady things of your own! You expect me to believe that a KID like Tori, can go through cutthroats and monsters just like that? YOU EXPECT ME TO~~
ToddHoward.jpg
: :hearnoevil: What's the matter, CL?
Me.jpg
: :rage:
Uncle.jpg
: Perhaps Grubb can help you...
Me.jpg
: Yeah, I guess...

As we leave, we turn around and see what has transpired between Mayor and the Workbots.
41.png

WorkBot1.jpg
: We can't talk to you unless you're an official union representative!
WorkBot2.jpg
: We want better pay!
Mayor.jpg
: I DON'T PAY YOU AT ALL YOU IDIOTS!!
Mayor.jpg
: AAAAAHHHHHH!!!

Off we go to see how Grubb can help us on our quest toward insanity.
42.png

Runner.jpg
: [RoboBarkOfGreet]
Maya.jpg
: Hey there, Runner. Nice to see you too.

Let's talk to Grubb about Tori.
44.png

CLICK!
Maya.jpg
: Tori's in trouble. He's been selling weapons from the Junkpiles.
Grubb.jpg
: Sounds like his style...
Maya.jpg
: Yeah, well he's run away to Outlaw Canyon, because some soldiers from World Shell 3 are after him. Uncle sent me to find him before they do.
Grubb.jpg
: Outlaw Canyon, huh? Wow, that's past the pumping station.
Maya.jpg
: Uncle thought you could help me get past it.
Grubb.jpg
: I've got to finish the repairs to thi-
Maya.jpg
: Mayor is involved...
Runner.jpg
: [ROBOANGER!]
Grubb.jpg
: Runner, heel! He gets upset when you talk about Mayor, Maya.
Maya.jpg
: Can you help me?
Grubb.jpg
: Hmm... anything that goes against Mayor is cool by me. Count me in.
Grubb.jpg
: Runner can help us out.

Now we have a full party. Yeepee!
47.png

Grubb is a caster character that becomes a complete powerhouse in the late game. Excellent speed allows him to have the initiative most of the time. If I remember correctly, he is the second quickest character in the game. Being a mechanic, he can also use Repair to do massive damage on robots, one of the best abilities. At this time though, he is just better than nothing.

48.png

First thing you've noticed is probably his HP. Runner is a tank, having high HP and strong damage. He's the opposite of Grubb. Casters are the most dominant characters in late game, while Runner is mostly useful early on, he just can't hang with the others near the end, even Maya. Another big disadvantage he has is the abysmal speed, meaning that when facing agile enemies, for instance bounty hunters and Chosen assassins, who have a high dodge skill, you lose significantly more when he misses. Add the low core power to the equation, he becomes a dead weight.

We pick this up before we leave.
45.png

Okay.

With Grubb in our party, we can utilize him to extract salvageable items from junk piles like this one in the town.
49.png

CLICK!
Grubb.jpg
: Wow, somebody threw out some cool stuff.
Grubb.jpg
: I salvaged some usable stuff.
501.png

Open the inventory.
502.png

We equip this engine on Maya's gun.

Before we head out to the pumping station, we make one final stop at the local bakery shop.
51.png

Invest some of our fortune on bread.
52.png

HHR this is for you.

After we stock up on bread, we head to the pumping station.
53.png

We found something lying around.

Our resident mechanic, Grubb, knows what to do here.
54.png

CLICK!
Grubb.jpg
: Looks like it may control that fan. Let's see if it opens.
Grubb.jpg
: If we had something to generate some power, we could short it out.
Maya.jpg
: How about your power generator?
Grubb.jpg
: Perhaps if we had something to connect it to the panel.

Grubb connects the power generator to the control panel using the wire conduits we just picked up. As the panel detonates, the giant fan ceases to spin, allowing our heroes to pass.
55.png

Me.jpg
: So we need a goddamn engineer to get a goddamn wire and a goddamn power generator, then have our goddamn engineer do all this goddamn work, finally opening the goddamn way, while Tori can get past all of this goddamn damnation by himself. You can't be serious! I mean... uhhh... nevermind... Let's find Tori and see what he's up to now.

We get out of the pumping station. Walking on the twin pipelines, eventually we reach the Desert Pipes.
56.png

TO BE CONTINUED

Next Time: We explore the isolated town of Galdon and confront Tori in the Outlaw Canyon.

laclongquan

Arcane
Yo! You think the wire fly by itself from that junction to where it were, right? Who do you think threw it there? Who do you think carry a sellable part from that junction away?

And Robo is deadweight because he's not interacting much with environments. Each companion has something to say in specific environments, some more than most. Robo is less than most.

And complain about not having much to customize your char at this stage of the game is beyond premature. You got nothing to do that.

CrazyLoon

Prophet
Yo! You think the wire fly by itself from that junction to where it were, right? Who do you think threw it there? Who do you think carry a sellable part from that junction away?
No. Don't know. And don't know.

And Robo is deadweight because he's not interacting much with environments. Each companion has something to say in specific environments, some more than most. Robo is less than most.
Correct.

And complain about not having much to customize your char at this stage of the game is beyond premature. You got nothing to do that.
I said the same thing the last time I played when near completion. So why not leave the stage of the game out of it.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Really enjoyed this game back in the day. Hope you'll keep at it. SC isn't particularly good, original or fun LP material but it does have a certain something...

CrazyLoon

Prophet
Sorry guys for the lack of updates in the past several days. I got sick badly(probably due to the massive MSG consumption during new year celebration) and have been feeling absolutely exhausted ever since. I'm back to full work mode as we speak, so stay tuned.

Harold

Arcane
I also finished this thing back in the day. It had a nice setting, the fate cards combinations were cool, the jrpg rip-off story wasn't half-bad, but after you got your ship it just dragged ooon and ooon and became incrfedibly tedious with its super-long labyrinthic 'dungeons'. It also misses a huge opportunity at one point when Maya has to disguise herself as a pirate-slave-whore but doesn't get tastefully raped.

Chuftie

Augur
I still have this game in a case somewhere. It was a fun JRPG-ripoff attempt that still works. And I liked the cards mechanic but thought it could be a little more complex.

The one thing that was memorable for me is the art style they got for the ships and robots that gives that drives in that annie-may feel they're going for

Harold

Arcane
Sorry guys for the lack of updates in the past several days. I got sick badly(probably due to the massive MSG consumption during new year celebration) and have been feeling absolutely exhausted ever since. I'm back to full work mode as we speak, so stay tuned.
Did you die or are you just that lazy?

I got this game in a magazine many springs ago, never finished it either...good luck with the LP.
Same. Got pretty far in it too. I think it was a labyrinth

By the way, Runner can snatch items from shopkeepers. It's usually nothing that great from my experience, but free stuff in the early game is free stuff in the early game. I think the success rate is influenced by their line of sight, but I'm not sure.

Anyway, that conversation with the old teacher was great :lol:. I remember playing and thinking that they could've gone a little easier with the info dump. Also, Marduk looks eerily similar to the Warrior of Light. Hmmm...

Tigranes

Arcane
Cool beans. The art reminds me of Torment, somehow. Just brighter and a bit more plastic.

Archaeon

Scholar
Hey CrazyLoon, that MSG killed you or what? It's been more than a week since you said you're working on it... :) C'mon, I don't wanna play it again, but I miss it and I want this LP!

oscar

Arcane
Grubb.jpg

Trash?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom