Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Inactive Let's Play Stellaris: Utopia (With Mods) [Ironman]

a cut of domestic sheep prime

And so it begins.

This is basically chronicling my experience with the Utopia expansion and the 1.5 Banks update.

I am lacking the sperg-ish patience to do a real LP wherein I catalog every boring detail, so we're going to try and focus on the highlights and the differences I notice as I play the game.

Our species is human - real humans, the sub-humans have all been exterminated. :incline:

5oDyvC8.jpg

We're intelligent and excel at engineering - slow breeders though.

Our government type is apparently "blood court" - which is apparently determined by the game based on a few variables:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Stellaris/comments/641sah/psa_government_names_in_15/

What it really means is that we are an imperial empire ruled by Julius Himmler. We are extremely xenophobic and fairly militaristic as well.

I picked the "fanatical purgers" and "state police" options, so we shouldn't get much unrest and we should also be able to purge the xenos and get to use the "Armageddon bombardment" option that basically bombards without regard for life on the planet - ultimately cleansing it of xeno scum.

zMEgxJI.jpg

I think the ruler titles can be changed at the start, but the government types seem to be locked in.

O67vHTb.jpg

LxPciFq.jpg

And so we found our first colony. May our seed spread out among the stars!

OntnaMk.jpg

And now we get to this. These Traditions provide bonuses that you can unlock over time. Traditions are unlocked by "Unity" which is a new resource of sources along the lines of Influence. You can read more about it here.

NhaSdDJ.jpg

This is my favorite addition so far. We finally have food as a proper resource. So you can build entire worlds dedicated to food production. No more colonies unable to grow due to a lack of food and no more having to farms take up space on your research, energy or industrial worlds.

Of course, specialized planets mean losing one of them could be a serious blow to your empire.

Also, it seems that core worlds have been reduced to a max of 3 at the default - though there are perks you can take to raise it.

9L7jfpk.jpg

Here is our humble empire. But a few planets in a sea of 1000 stars.

oN0gqTp.jpg

Scum.

qFBNHlv.jpg

Thankfully I was able to send the fleet to take care of them.

GXTYoD8.jpg

Short work.

iEqdemY.jpg

And then strike at their heart.

DIbhbHj.jpg

Factions have been seriously beefed up since the original release and now they place an even bigger role. They behave like political factions instead of just rebel groups.
http://www.stellariswiki.com/Factions

Wqj70d5.jpg

Kewl. Now let's take a look at the new faction:

5xBofYU.jpg

True patriots. +M

edit: In hindsight, I forgot how...unkind the AI is to anyone with a purge policy. I assumed that since fanatical purifier was a starting option that this was amended somewhat. It was not.

If you are a fanatical purifier, be prepared to be at war with the entire galaxy. You get -1000 to your species relations ensuring anyone you meet hates you from the start. Oppressive globalists somehow read your mind (or pick up a copy of your future, intragalactic version of Mein Kampf) and know you are planning to kill them all from day one.

I kind of think it would be better for you to lose relations with the every month from first meeting or something. Meh.

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom