Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's Play: The Blackwell PENTALOGY!

Erebus

Arcane
How could Joey and Rosa think that Lia's ghost would be safe before it entered the light ?? Did Rosa forget what happened to Gavin at the end of the previous game ??

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
How could Joey and Rosa think that Lia's ghost would be safe before it entered the light ?? Did Rosa forget what happened to Gavin at the end of the previous game ??

I know, right. The Deacon wasn't exactly safe there at the end of part 1 either.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I.... dislike this. Plot relies too much on everyone acting like a complete moron.

Alex

Arcane
I.... dislike this. Plot relies too much on everyone acting like a complete moron.

Well, that is kinda a minor mistake. Gavin was a special case after all. And the Deacon's issue was of a complete different sort. Nah, it is about now that people will really start acting like morons.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Well, that is kinda a minor mistake.
Except it wasn't minor at all. First, Rosa doesn't know how much Gavin was a special case; but both this and the deal with the Deacon clearly indicated that things CAN reach into that space. Then she sees that guy get shot and promptly see his soul being split apart - just like Gavin - cleary he was NOT a unique case. And then we get to Lia and the idiocy becomes too much. So she's holed up in this secret place which is PERFECTLY SAFE, right? So she could just bring Rosa in, and have a chat, right? Oh no, she wants to come out instead? Ok that's fine, she can't have her soul ripped while she's still alive - oh hey, she takes a gun and SHOOTS HERSELF. And of course it doesn't occur to Rosa to tell her "less moping, more of the important info" or "how about we get back into the safe spot" or really ANYTHING AT ALL until she takes out the fucking fun to shoot herself. And THEN, after ALL THIS, everyone suddenly acts SHOCKED that that the sanctity of he place is fouled (isn't that like the third fucking time in the series?) or that the soul got ripped too quickly (for... the third time I believe?). Rampant idiocy to advance the plot is one of the worst bad-writing sins you can come up with.

What's infuriating is that the series' writing was getting better and better with each game. Deception's was shockingly good in parts and didn't need to rely on this kind of on-screen idiocy to advance things - look at Jamie's entire segment, or the way Joey's backstory is woven into the plot. When you have to resort to everyone acting like an idiot in order to create surprise or twist, you've lost as a writer.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
So she's holed up in this secret place which is PERFECTLY SAFE, right? So she could just bring Rosa in, and have a chat, right? Oh no, she wants to come out instead? Ok that's fine, she can't have her soul ripped while she's still alive - oh hey, she takes a gun and SHOOTS HERSELF.

Yup. I literally facepalmed when that happened. It was just so shockingly stupid :/

I mean, okay, the woman is obviously crazy, but come the fuck on. Especially the self-shooting part was hella dumb.

Alex

Arcane
Well, that is kinda a minor mistake.
Except it wasn't minor at all. First, Rosa doesn't know how much Gavin was a special case; but both this and the deal with the Deacon clearly indicated that things CAN reach into that space. Then she sees that guy get shot and promptly see his soul being split apart - just like Gavin - cleary he was NOT a unique case. And then we get to Lia and the idiocy becomes too much. So she's holed up in this secret place which is PERFECTLY SAFE, right? So she could just bring Rosa in, and have a chat, right? Oh no, she wants to come out instead? Ok that's fine, she can't have her soul ripped while she's still alive - oh hey, she takes a gun and SHOOTS HERSELF. And of course it doesn't occur to Rosa to tell her "less moping, more of the important info" or "how about we get back into the safe spot" or really ANYTHING AT ALL until she takes out the fucking fun to shoot herself. And THEN, after ALL THIS, everyone suddenly acts SHOCKED that that the sanctity of he place is fouled (isn't that like the third fucking time in the series?) or that the soul got ripped too quickly (for... the third time I believe?). Rampant idiocy to advance the plot is one of the worst bad-writing sins you can come up with.

What's infuriating is that the series' writing was getting better and better with each game. Deception's was shockingly good in parts and didn't need to rely on this kind of on-screen idiocy to advance things - look at Jamie's entire segment, or the way Joey's backstory is woven into the plot. When you have to resort to everyone acting like an idiot in order to create surprise or twist, you've lost as a writer.

Fair enough point, I suppose. I still wouldn't mind it much as long as the rest of the story picked up pace.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Previously, on Blackwell Epiphany

epiph1434.jpg

BU-BU-BUSTEEEEEEEED

epiph1437.jpg

But first we are back to the past!

epiph1438.jpg

joey1.jpg
What can I do for you?

mad1.jpg
Are you the owner of this establishment?

joey1.jpg
My name's on the sign.

mad1.jpg
Ah, so you are Mallone?

In another life, Joey had only one L, was black and played in NBA.

joey1.jpg
That's me. And you are...?

mad1.jpg
My name is Madeline.

joey1.jpg
And your friend?

mad1.jpg
*Ahem*?

cont1.jpg
Jocelyn Contis.

joey1.jpg
Pleasure to meet you both.

Quick tactical analysis!

cont1.jpg
Nice looking fella. Shame about him being dead and all.

mad1.jpg
Like most spirits, he seems to be unaware of his circumstances.

joey1.jpg
Miss Contis, what can I help you with?

epiph1452.jpg

cont1.jpg
So, who shot up this place?

joey1.jpg
Eh?

cont3.jpg
C'mon. This place looks like a set of a gangster flick.

joey1.jpg
I... don't know what you mean.

cont1.jpg
Er... so did you see who smashed your window?

joey1.jpg
What are you talking about? The window looks fine to me.

cont2.jpg
Right, course it does. Totally agree with you.

cont1.jpg
Are you seriously telling me that this place looks normal?

joey1.jpg
Listen, everything here is top of the line. We're even looking into that dry cleaning stuff.

cont1.jpg
What cleaning?

joey1.jpg
DRY cleaning. It's... look, nevermind. Can I help you with anything or what?

cont1.jpg
See you around.

joey1.jpg
Sure.

Changing vector

epiph1466.jpg

epiph1468.jpg

mad1.jpg
You mentioned an assistant. Where is he?

joey1.jpg
Danny? I have on idea where he is. So we're a bit short-staffed, but nothing I can't handle. We'll handle that costume of yours with extra care.

mad2.jpg
Costume?

joey1.jpg
That gown of yours. Looks VERY authentic. I don't even think you can get that fabric these days.

mad1.jpg
Sigh. Have I become antiquated so soon?

:M

joey1.jpg
No offence meant. I quite like it. The tiara's a nice touch, brings out your eyes.

epiph1478.jpg

*smugmadeline*

mad3.jpg
Well. I always thought so.

mad1.jpg
But you are mistaken. We are not leaving my... costume... here with you. We have other business. Mallone, I regret that it falls to me to tell you that you are dead.

:salute:

joey2.jpg
What? Get outta town.

joey1.jpg
Now, can I help you or what?

cont1.jpg
Madeline, does that EVER work?

mad1.jpg
Sigh. No, it does not.

mad1.jpg
Mallone, I must insist. You are, in fact, dead.

joey1.jpg
Look, you feeling alright?

mad1.jpg
I am perfectly well.

joey1.jpg
Nah, you're under pressure, I can tell. I got a bottle of whiskey in the back, if you need a belt.

mad1.jpg
I do not need a belt, thank you. What happened here?

joey1.jpg
What do you mean?

mad1.jpg
This shop. It is, shall we say...

cont1.jpg
It looks shot up.

joey1.jpg
Shot up? Look, I know the cleaning lady hasn't been in this week, but it's not that bad. Now. Can I help you, or what?

Joey ain't gonna accept DA TRUFF.

epiph1510.jpg

Let's take another look at the poster and chat him up again.

epiph1511.jpg

cont1.jpg
You into music? I saw that poster on the wall.

joey1.jpg
Oh, that's Danny's thing.

cont1.jpg
Danny?

joey1.jpg
The guy who runs this place with me. Him and his girl, Linda.

cont1.jpg
They're in a band?

joey1.jpg
If you can call it like that. They play weekends. Sometimes. He wants to make it big, but...

cont1.jpg
But what?

joey3.jpg
But nothing. Danny just needs to focus on earning an honest living. That's all.

cont1.jpg
Do Danny and Linda have regular gigs?

joey1.jpg
I dunno. Why?

cont1.jpg
I might wanna hear 'em play.

joey1.jpg
Save your eardrums, lady. That's my advice.

epiph1527.jpg

And another change.

mad1.jpg
I could not help but overhear your conversation with my colleague. This Danny Marconi, he is important to you, is he not?

joey1.jpg
What makes you think that?

mad1.jpg
Your energy. Your aura, if you will. It changes when you speak of him. So, tell us. What is Danny to you?

joey1.jpg
I have no idea what you're talking about.

Joey is gay for Danny :codexisfor:

mad1.jpg
Mallone, you know precisely what I am talking about. And you will tell us.

joey1.jpg
I...

epiph1537.jpg

mad1.jpg
Do you think we will not understand? Rest assured, we will.

joey3.jpg
The only thing I understand is that I want you both GONE.

epiph1540.jpg

Madeline starts taking a few steps away

epiph1541.jpg

epiph1542.jpg

joey1.jpg
I... who the hell are you people?

mad1.jpg
We are here to help, nothing more. You are so close now, so close.

Joey starts flickering. Got 'em.

joey1.jpg
Why is everything so confusing!

mad1.jpg
It does not have to be.

joey1.jpg
Life used to be so simple. Then Danny had to go follow a pipe dream. He had to make deals with club promoters. Club promoters he couldn't pay. So they showed up here. I told Danny to stay away while I tried to talk some sense into them.

mad1.jpg
And did you?

joey1.jpg
He got away. That's what's important. At least, I think it is. I'm... not so sure anymore.

mad1.jpg
I understand, you know. You are adrift, you are scared. But there is nothing to be scared of. Come here. My host?

cont1.jpg
Yeah, sorry.

epiph1563.jpg

Maddie takes Joey by the hand and places her other hand on Jocelyn's shoulder. No fancy ties. Sucker.

epiph1564.jpg

epiph1565.jpg

epiph1566.jpg

And Jocelyn doesn't fall when going through! Such raw power! I bet she's not even a sanctioned psyker.

joey1.jpg
I don't know why I did it. Danny isn't much really, but he's a good guy. You think it was worth it?

cont1.jpg
I dunno, sorry.

joey1.jpg
You don't have anything to say? Anything at all?

cont1.jpg
No, not really.

Good job, retard.

joey1.jpg
Right. So I just head that way?

cont1.jpg
Yeah.

joey1.jpg
Well, tell your friend thanks. And if you ever see Danny... Huh, forget it. I suppose it doesn't matter.

epiph1579.jpg

epiph1580.jpg

so... that was it?

Really?

That was it?

ZE GREAT CRYPTIC MYSTERIOUS MYSTERY OF JOEY'S DEATH was just THAT? Hit up by mobsters to cover up for Danny? What.

epiph1581.jpg

But wait, there's more.

mad1.jpg
My host, are you all right?

cont3.jpg
I knew you'd follow me in here. You can never give me a minute's peace.

mad1.jpg
You should not stay here too long.

cont3.jpg
Or what? I'll die? I get it now. We all thought my uncle was nuts. But he was just... numb. He just stopped caring. About anything. Who could blame him?

mad1.jpg
Trust me, my host. It is best to push those feelings aside.

cont3.jpg
Why?

mad1.jpg
It is what must be done. That is all.

cont3.jpg
What does it MATTER?

mad1.jpg
Listen to me. In time, you will feel differently.

cont1.jpg
Differently.

mad1.jpg
Yes. This will all feel... normal.

cont3.jpg
Normal. I don't WANT this to be normal!

mad1.jpg
Many of your predecessors felt the same. In time... things changed.

cont2.jpg
I'm going dancing, Madeline. Don't wait up.

epiph1603.jpg

Uh-huh. Jocelyn steps through the gate and shuts it behind her!

DING DING, ROGUE PSYKER ON THE LOOSE

mad1.jpg
I see. I suppose, after all this time, it was inevitable that one of you deciphered the method.

epiph1607.jpg

The background keeps getting blacker.

mad2.jpg
It will not work! Do you hear me? It will destroy you!

epiph1610.jpg

mad2.jpg
Contis!

epiph1613.jpg

epiph1614.jpg

The curtain falls. But we already know how that story ends.

MEANWHILE

epiph1615.jpg

cop1.jpg
Detective Sam Durkin also present. So. Miss Blackwell. Tell us again why you were in that house?

joey1.jpg
Say nothing. Tell them nothing. Keep your teeth together. We'll get out of this.

epiph1619.jpg

Let it be so.

cop1.jpg
Answer the question, Blackwell. Sigh.

cop2.jpg
Let the record show that the interviewee has chosen to remain silent.

cop1.jpg
That's your right. But your silence can and WILL be used against you. Remember that. Fine. Next question, what happened to Lia Pierro?

epiph1625.jpg

cop1.jpg
Miss Blackwell, I won't ask again. What happened to detective Pierro?

durkin.jpg
Enough, Palmer, you saw that paraffin test. Lia fired that weapon.

cop2.jpg
I refuse to believe that, Sam.

durkin.jpg
Believe what you want. Those are the facts.

cop1.jpg
Well, here's some facts for you. This lady was chatting with Emil Haskins earlier this evening. Not only that, we have a witness who saw her sneaking into his office at work.

cop2.jpg
How do you respond to that?

epiph1635.jpg

+M

cop1.jpg
No answer, huh? Well, let me lay it out for you. We spoke to the clerk on duty. We spoke to Emil Haskins - a man who is now a widower, I might add. Nobody gave you permission. But then... breaking and entering isn't exactly a new thing for you, isn't it? I've pulled your file. Do you even know how many restraining orders you have against you?

That's our Rosa! :love:

epiph1641.jpg

:troll:

cop1.jpg
Let the record show that the interviewee has chosen to remain silent.

cop2.jpg
Again.

cop1.jpg
If getting banned from the campuses of NYU and Columbia weren't bad enough, we've got a dozen complaints registered against you from businesses and families. I'd call Bellevue to have you taken away, but you're banned from there too!

epiph1646.jpg

Losing your grip, officer? That's not a good thing for a cop to show :M

durkin.jpg
Palmer, take a walk.

cop1.jpg
Sam?

durkin.jpg
You're tired. Go get a cup of coffee.

cop2.jpg
I don't need coffee. Don't think I don't know what's going on.

YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT YOU DON'T KNOW.

cop1.jpg
I've heard the rumours. That you have some mysterious informant? Is that her?

durkin.jpg
Palmer.

cop2.jpg
Fine. I'm going. But we'll find out what happened. It's our damn job after all.

epiph1655.jpg

Officer Palmer takes a hike.

epiph1656.jpg

epiph1657.jpg

:outrage:

durkin.jpg
Uh-huh. Look, I'm more patient than Palmer. Legally, we can keep you here for twelve hours. You really want to sit here for that long?

Twelve? Wow, that's weak. I think in Potato it's 48.

epiph1660.jpg

rosa6.jpg
Of course not. I only wanted to-

durkin.jpg
What, help? You think you helped anyone here?

epiph1665.jpg

Let's try the least schizoid answer

rosa6.jpg
I don't know. Whatever's going on... it's really bad.

Like ass and dirt.

durkin.jpg
I agree. Yeah, it's bad. And we don't need anyone making it worse.

rosa6.jpg
What are you trying to say?

durkin.jpg
Officially, we're pursuing every lead. Unofficially? There was no trace of the bullet that killed the little girl. With Lia dead, we'll most likely never solve it. The trail is too cold. So. What do you need?

rosa6.jpg
Um, excuse me?

durkin.jpg
You wanted in so bad? You're in. You won't be on the books. We can't even pay you. This case is too high-profile. So. What do you need?

epiph1678.jpg

rosa6.jpg
Everything you know about George Ostin.

durkin.jpg
Palmer can get you that. Speak to him tomorrow. Anything else?

rosa6.jpg
Access to Lia's case files.

durkin.jpg
Can't do it. Those are being boxed up and archived. Anything else?

rosa6.jpg
Access to George Ostin's apartment.

durkin.jpg
I'll take care of it. Anything else?

epiph1688.jpg

:love:

epiph1689.jpg

:rpgcodex:

durkin.jpg
I'll have Palmer get you one on the way. Anything else?

rosa6.jpg
Nothing that I can think of.

durkin.jpg
All right. From now on, you talk to Palmer. He'll be at the front desk tomorrow.

rosa6.jpg
Detective Durkin? Sam? Why are you doing this? Why me?

durkin.jpg
my first case involved a kid. Thirty years ago, it must've been. There was this little girl living with her aunt. The aunt went nuts. Smashing things, screaming. Total looney. The little girl was hiding in a closet. Couldn't have been more than five? Scared out of her mind. I've had a soft spot for kids ever since.

:hmmm:

rosa6.jpg
... I see.

durkin.jpg
Go home, Blackwell, get some sleep. You look like you spent the night in jail :troll:

oh, you.

epiph1703.jpg

Quick timeskip.

epiph1704.jpg

rosa6.jpg
Huh. The press are having a field day. Lots of stories, but nothing approaching the truth.

joey1.jpg
You expect anything different? Just be glad your name didn't get leaked. That's the last thing we need.

rosa6.jpg
No trace of the Grace Group either.

joey1.jpg
Then we'd best get out there and do what we do.

Indeed.

We shall do that... SOON! (TM)

Last edited:

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I just played the game and i don't understand what happened there wit Joey and his ghost going into the light. Wasn't it supposed to be, like final? Was it even explained before?
Dammit Dave.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I just played the game and i don't understand what happened there wit Joey and his ghost going into the light. Wasn't it supposed to be, like final? Was it even explained before?
Dammit Dave.
Auntie returned as well, by the end, so the finality of moving on seems to be rather dubious. In any case this game abandons past plotlines like crazy in a rushed effort to end the series, so that Gilbert doesn't have to work on it anymore

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah, the whole going into the light thing suddenly becomes kind of wonky in this game.

Let's not even mention the MASS SALVATION that Rosa performs on all the ghosts in the world. I thought they needed to realise they were dead first? Wasn't that one of the main fucking points of the series?

The worst thing about this game is how uneven certain parts are. Some of the stuff is brilliant and really well thought-out, but it is interwoven with some stupid crap which ruins the overall package. I think mister Gilbert relied too much on his own judgment when writing this (the perils of success), the story could use some help from a skilled editor or a fellow writer.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Retcon. Back in Legacy I think Joey says that when he tried to go through the light he got pushed back and didn't make it. He even mentions that he doesn't like the Space and feels he doesn't belong there.

ZE GREAT CRYPTIC MYSTERIOUS MYSTERY OF JOEY'S DEATH was just THAT? Hit up by mobsters to cover up for Danny? What.
We already knew the details of his death and that it was to cover up for Danny. I liked it more in Deception where you had to piece the story together by reading between the lines. Also, him not remembering Madeline when he sees her in Convergence doesn't make sense, considering he remembers all the details of his life, his death and his undeath. More plot holes/retcons.

Drakron

Arcane
Yes, but this is just so... mundane. Why bother hiding it so fervently all the time?

Maybe because it was so mundane, too much effort in Teh Choosen One and DISTINY were people forget to make the small tragedies and the small victories, all its EPIC!!! these days.

His death was ultimate nothing really special, no great epic struggle or anything ... sure it didnt need to be covered but at the same time it didnt needed to be explained either.

Copper

Savant
It is a bit weird, yeah, my initial assumption had always been that Joey was not really that nice a guy when he was alive, and this was a punishment of sorts, like Grim Fandango, either from a 'higher power' or self-inflicted.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah, I was hoping he was some kind of 1920s mobster, to be honest. Clothes salesman? Very disappointing.

Copper

Savant
Which is a pretty cool subversion, making him just a stylish 20's dude - but then why the mystery and the secrecy? I'm curious, not outraged to be honest, it's like there's a piece missing somewhere, some sort of character point that's not really been communicated the way the author intended.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
That's exactly why I am disappointed. He was so mysterious in four games in a row only to turn out to be a nice guy everydude clothes salesman - talk about too high expectations.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Previously, on Blackwell: The Phantom Menace

epiph1689.jpg

*glare*

kinda boran update with lotsa dialoguing coming right up

Before leaving Rosa's home, we can check sum new mail.

epiph1722.jpg

:reptilian conspiracy:

epiph1723.jpg

No idea how those files are supposed to help now, but I'm sure they will be Very Significant later.

epiph1724.jpg

epiph1711.jpg

Anyways, lets gtfo

epiph1712.jpg

epiph1713.jpg

epiph1715.jpg

rosa1.jpg
My name is Rosangela Blackwell. I was told you'd be expecting me?

doorman.jpg
Is this about George?

rosa1.jpg
That's right.

doorman.jpg
I still can't believe it. But here's the key. Twelfth floor, penthouse A.

epiph1725.jpg

epiph1726.jpg

Up and away!

epiph1727.jpg

Cool place, bro.

There's actually not much of interest in this apartment, except for some electronics performing telakoituminen on the cupboard to the right.

rosa1.jpg
It's a tablet computer. Looks like it's still in the charging dock.

epiph1729.jpg

"Call Joe", "Call Michael", "Call Tomo". Only thing this game is missing is Kilroy was here.

Time to plunder the email!

epiph1731.jpg

rosa1.jpg
Whoever this "Michael" is, he seems to know quite a lot.

"SOMETHING HAS HAPPENED!!!!" -> [perception] He seems to know a lot!!!

epiph1732.jpg

oooookie-dokie. He does seem to know a lot.

epiph1735.jpg

rosa3.jpg
So this Michael has a source who knows about Bestowers. About me. This is starting to get personal.

epiph1736.jpg

epiph1737.jpg

gg

epiph1741.jpg

Leaving the apartment shows us this place. Seems to not have been used for a while.

epiph1743.jpg

wat

rosa1.jpg
Hm?

epiph1745.jpg

epiph1746.jpg

Yet another ghostly visage!

epiph1747.jpg

Time to play the dumb tourist!

rosa1.jpg
Just admiring the view.

tanya2.jpg
The view is private. Or did George let you through?

Nah, I used muh grappling hook and powers of levitation to get all the way up here

tanya3.jpg
Either way, you're here now. Anyway, I'd best head back in, but I'm sure I'll see you around. Ta.

AFTER HER!

epiph1754.jpg

sigh

you know what that means.

epiph1755.jpg

joey1.jpg
She seems pretty easy-going, but it's hard to say if it's genuine. It feels polished, practiced.

tacticool analysis.

Also, there's some paper on the floor.

epiph1757.jpg

Big deal

epiph1759.jpg

Blowing it to the light of the window.

epiph1760.jpg

joey1.jpg
And it's signed by someone named "J".

Clearly significant! And that's it.

epiph1763.jpg

tanya3.jpg
I'm sorry, have we met?

joey1.jpg
Kind of. I think you met my friend earlier.

tanya3.jpg
I see. You are both looking after George's place?

joey1.jpg
Yeah, something like that.

epiph1768.jpg

joey1.jpg
So you actually live here? Er, so to speak.

Smoooooth

tanya2.jpg
Yes. Why are you so surprised?

joey1.jpg
Well, this place is kinda... well, empty.

tanya3.jpg
I live alone.

joey1.jpg
That's not what I meant. Look around, there's nothing here.

tanya2.jpg
What on earth are you talking about.

joey1.jpg
Sigh, never mind.

tanya2.jpg
I might not have the highbrow taste that George has, but my furniture is just serviceable as his.

Sure is.

tanya3.jpg
And twice as comfortable, I might add

joey1.jpg
Ahem. Who are you, if you don't mind me asking?

tanya3.jpg
Cute. Very cute.

@_@

joey1.jpg
Eh?

tanya3.jpg
Wait, you are serious. Isn't this delicious. It's so rare that I get to be the mysterious one.

joey1.jpg
My name's Joey. Joey Mallone? Why don't you tell me yours?

tanya1.jpg
You honestly don't know who I am?

joey1.jpg
I'm afraid not.

tanya3.jpg
I admit, I'm fascinated. I know your name, but you don't know mine. It's not often that I'm in this position.

Unwittingly, Joey stumbled right into the nest of a fierce predator.

joey1.jpg
So... are you gonna tell me or what?

tanya3.jpg
I think not. I want to savor this for just a little while longer.

joey2.jpg
Come on, you know my name. It's only fair.

tanya3.jpg
I can't tell if you're being genuine, or if you're just playing with me.

joey1.jpg
Why not both?

tanya3.jpg
Well, the night is young. See if you can figure it out.

joey1.jpg
So what is this? Are you famous or something?

tanya3.jpg
Or something.

joey1.jpg
"I know about Heather"... do you know anything about this?

tanya1.jpg
About what?

joey1.jpg
This note. The one on the floor.

tanya1.jpg
I have no idea. It has nothing to do with me.

joey1.jpg
Then what's it doing here?

tanya2.jpg
I have no idea!

joey1.jpg
Okay, okay, relax. The note is signed J. Who's J?

tanya1.jpg
I have no idea. And I don't know anything about any note.

joey1.jpg
Well, whoever you are, I'll see you around.

tanya3.jpg
Say hi to George from me, if you see him.

Doesn't seem like there's anything left to do here.

epiph1825.jpg

Let's try calling this mysterious Michael of George's.

there is no answer! D:

epiph1825.jpg

rosa1.jpg
Do you know who lived in the apartment across from George?

doorman.jpg
I'm afraid not. I only started working here a few months ago, that apartment has been vacant the whole time.

Huh. Curious.

epiph1828.jpg

Let's dig for more info at the police station.

epiph1829.jpg

It's the bad cop again!

rosa1.jpg
Hi. Cory, was it?

cop1.jpg
No. It's Officer Palmer :rpgcodex:

epiph1832.jpg

rosa1.jpg
So, Durkin told me to speak to you?

cop1.jpg
Yes, I heard. Congratulations, I guess. I don't know why you are so special, but orders are orders. You need any information from us, I'll see about getting it to you. But you talk to me and only me. Understand?

rosa1.jpg
Perfectly. I'm sorry about Lia.

cop1.jpg
Don't even go there. I don't care what you saw, or what the evidence says. Lia wouldn't kill herself. And if she DID... then she wasn't Lia anymore.

rosa1.jpg
So are we... good?

cop1.jpg
"Good"?

rosa1.jpg
You don't think I killed anyone, do you?

cop1.jpg
I don't know what to believe. But Durkin vouches for you. And he owes me a favour now. A big one. So I guess I come out ahead.

rosa1.jpg
Is detective Durkin around?

cop1.jpg
I haven't seen him since yesterday. I'm sure he's wandering around somewhere.

rosa1.jpg
You seem to be taking Lia's death rather personally.

cop1.jpg
The chief would agree with you. That's why I'm shackled behind this desk, instead of out there doing something.

rosa1.jpg
What's the latest on George Ostin?

cop1.jpg
He was killed by a 22 caliber bullet. That's all we know so far. We're still talking to Lia's ex-husband, but he has a solid alibi.

rosa1.jpg
How did Kendra die? Was that ever established.

cop1.jpg
I read the autopsy report. It was definitely a bullet wound. It went right through her shoulder. Clean hole all the way through. The coroner said that she bled to death, but she could have survived if she was brought to hospital right away. I don't understand this. Not at all.

rosa1.jpg
Did you know Emil Haskins at all?

cop1.jpg
I don't know much. Just what Lia used to tell me. I got the impression he was a deadbeat. Always out of a job. Always late with child-support payments. Things like that. Guess he doesn't have to worry about that stuff anymore.

Actually, I've just realised something. Take a look at Emil.

emil1.jpg

Now remember he owns a computard shoppe. What does that give you?

Yup. Emil Haskins is an alter ego of Crispy

rosa1.jpg
So what's the story with you and Lia? I get the impression you knew her pretty well.

cop1.jpg
Yeah, I guess you could say that. I partnered with her, back when I first joined the force. She taught me a lot. Everything, really. I owe her. She was a rock. A rising star. Why would she flip out like she did?

rosa1.jpg
I'm working on it, Cory. I really am.

cop1.jpg
That's Officer Palmer. And I'm not holding my breath.

rosa1.jpg
Does this phone number mean anything to you?

cop1.jpg
No, but we can trace it.

rosa1.jpg
Trace it?

cop1.jpg
Run the number, see who it belongs to. Within reason, anyway. Where did you find it?

rosa1.jpg
I found it on George Ostin's home.

cop1.jpg
Oh, we ran that number already.

rosa1.jpg
You did?

cop1.jpg
Yup, it belonged to Grace Church. Probably calling for donations or something

joey1.jpg
Yeah. Or something.

Is it just me or is the police force here ABSOLUTELY INEPT

rosa1.jpg
Hm. Thanks anyway. Well, I'd better go. Thanks for the help.

cop1.jpg
Sure.

epiph1892.jpg

So, Grace Church, huh? Curious how everything seems to centre around that place. I'm sure HHR is the main villain in this game.

epiph1893.jpg

father.jpg
Yes. And would you please keep your voice down?

epiph1896.jpg

rosa1.jpg
[Intelligence] Do you know any Michaels?

father.jpg
In my line of work? I know more than I can count.

rosa1.jpg
I checked with the police. This number belongs to a phone in this church. A man I'm looking for made a phone call from this number. His name is Michael. It's very important that I find him.

father.jpg
... I'm afraid I don't know who you are talking about. Sorry.

rosa1.jpg
I'm looking for information on the Grace Group. They used to meet here, in the basement. Some kind of self-help group?

father.jpg
There are hundreds of so-called Grace Groups. And they all have meetings in the basement. You will have to be a bit more specific about that.

Hundreds of groups. Meeting in the BASEMENT.

rosa1.jpg
The telephone that uses this number. Where is it?

father.jpg
Why would you need to know that?

rosa1.jpg
Michael used the phone. Maybe he left a clue behind when he did.

father.jpg
He could have used any one of a dozen offices in our administration wing.

rosa1.jpg
Really. Over a dozen.

father.jpg
Yes. So if you want to locate Michael Cooper, you'll have to find another way.

Wut

epiph1916.jpg

rosa1.jpg
Wait, Cooper?

father.jpg
...pardon?

rosa1.jpg
You said Michael Cooper.

father.jpg
Isn't that the gentleman you are looking for?

rosa1.jpg
No, I just said his name was Michael.

father.jpg
So you did. Slip of the tongue, my apologies. It IS quite late, and I'm tired.

You aint foolin' me, padre

epiph1924.jpg

rosa3.jpg
You need to tell me who Michael Cooper is.

father.jpg
I told you, I don't know any Michael Cooper!

joey1.jpg
That tactic ain't working, sweetheart. You need to come at this some other way.

Let us ask... THE INTERNET!

epiph1932.jpg

zing

epiph1935.jpg

rosa1.jpg
Michael Cooper. He's a priest too, isn't he?

father.jpg
So?

rosa3.jpg
So it's a pretty big coincidence, wouldn't you say?

father.jpg
I... um...

epiph1940.jpg

:rpgcodex:

rosa1.jpg
Please stop lying to me.

father.jpg
I'm not lying.

rosa1.jpg
You aren't telling the whole truth either, are you?

father2.jpg
I made a promise. He came to me scared. Begging me to protect him. To give him sanctuary. He was ranting, I should have turned him away. But we roomed together at the seminary. We were close friends once, what could I do?

rad bromance

rosa1.jpg
You can take me to him.

father.jpg
He's raving. He's mad. He says he's in a battle for his very soul. Is this true?

rosa1.jpg
Yes, it is.

father2.jpg
Sigh. He is in the school. It's closed for the winter break, so it seemed as good a place as any to hide him. Here's a key. The entrance is around the corner. Please. Do whatever you must. Just... don't come back here.

epiph1960.jpg

joey1.jpg
I suppose with our record it was only a matter of time.

rosa1.jpg
The entrance to the school is around the block. Let's go.

epiph1965.jpg

Grace church is deleted from the locations list.

epiph1966.jpg

rosa1.jpg
Lafayette street looks cold and icy. Better stick to the sidewalk.

Head on it!

epiph1969.jpg

@_@

rosa1.jpg
I think he's reciting the Psalm of David? From the books I've read, it's supposed to guard against evil.

epiph1973.jpg

YOU ARE THE ONE FROM MY DREAMS!

rosa1.jpg
Michael?

mike1.jpg
Stay back, Bestower. I've got a gun!

rosa1.jpg
Just a second-

epiph1977.jpg

:what:

epiph1978.jpg

rosa1.jpg
I need to talk to you.

mike1.jpg
Talk? Did talking help Lia or George? Or any of the others?

rosa1.jpg
Please, I'm here to help.

mike1.jpg
Help. I wish that was true. How much "help" did you give George? Or Lia? Or the others?

epiph1983.jpg

rosa1.jpg
Others? How many of you are there?

mike1.jpg
You don't even know that? You don't know a thing, do you? This wasn't the plan.

rosa1.jpg
Plan?

mike3.jpg
Yes. Our "brilliant" plan. We get the Bestower to escort our souls to the next world. Protect us from this... force that is after us. Instead, you let us be destroyed!

epiph1992.jpg

:neveraskedforthis:

rosa1.jpg
You think I wanted this to happen? People dying, souls torn apart, you think I wanted this?

mike1.jpg
Of course not, it's just... look at what we've been reduced to.

rosa1.jpg
I'm sorry. Whatever is going on... it's new. I've never seen anything like it before.

mike1.jpg
I see. And what about him?

rosa1.jpg
Huh?

mike1.jpg
Your friend. The man behind you. He hasn't said a word since you walked in here.

D:

joey4.jpg
Er... me? Do you mean me?

mike1.jpg
Yes, you. Don't look so surprised. How else could I have known who you were? Now get out of here. You've been nothing but trouble ever since George went to look for you!

epiph2006.jpg

I FEAR NO EVIL FOR I AM FEAR INCARNATE

rosa1.jpg
Fine, shoot. Kill the only person who can help you.

epiph2008.jpg

joey4.jpg
That voice... it can't be!

epiph2011.jpg

Af7tdg.jpg

mad1.jpg
Yes, my host, I know. But I had to intervene. These two know me. If I may...?

mike1.jpg
Fine, fine! Just make it quick. I'm losing my concentration.

mad1.jpg
Mallone, Blackwell. What a pleasant surprise to see you both again.

joey1.jpg
Yeah, surprise is the word. What the hell are you doing here?

mad1.jpg
Is it not obvious? You freed me, Mallone, brought me back into this world. And as it befits all of our kind, I had a host waiting for me. And so I have returned to my former duties.

mike1.jpg
Look, as touched as I am about this reunion, I need to focus!

mad1.jpg
Perhaps we should all converse outside?

mike1.jpg
Fine, outside, just leave me in peace.

mad1.jpg
Thank you, my host.

rosa1.jpg
I'm sure she's got a lot to teach us. Once this is all over, anyway.
mad1.jpg
Blackwell, Mallone. It's been a long time since we've been able to converse.

epiph2036.jpg

SQUEEEE DESU DESU WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN UP TO, OL' TIMER? \^__________^/

rosa1.jpg
It's been almost six months since Joey freed you. How come we're only seeing you now?

mad1.jpg
I admit, the transition hasn't been... pleasant. I have had three hosts since returning to this world. The first was an old man, on the edge of death. He lingered for six months before finally succumbing to the inevitable. When the old man passed, I became bound to his niece for a time. She ran every time she saw me. I tried to keep my distance, give her time to adjust. But in the end, she fell down the stairs in an attempt to flee. The poor woman died, and I was passed to her brother. The man inside.

Good job, retard :lol:

rosa1.jpg
Do you know what is going on? Why are these souls being attacked?

mad1.jpg
... I do not know. I wish I did. Like you, we saw it happen. We saw a soul being torn apart, and could do nothing. I'm afraid my host became a little... unreasonable after that.

rosa1.jpg
Why was George looking for me?

mad1.jpg
We needed a Bestower. A PROPER Bestower. My host and I were not up to the task.

joey1.jpg
Eh?

mad1.jpg
It might be due to my time in the void. It might be because my host's soul has been marked by... whatever is out there. But in any case, our abilities are limited. We cannot even help lost souls move on, as you do. We can see them, and talk to them, but that is all. Hence why we needed you.

joey1.jpg
Lucky us.

rosa1.jpg
So what can we do? We don't even know what's going on.

mad1.jpg
Sigh. Our theory was that you could help those poor souls move on to the next world before they were destroyed... but it appears it did not achieve the desired result.

joey1.jpg
You could say that, yeah.

mad2.jpg
You must investigate. My host and I are restricted, but you two are not. If anyone can uncover why these poor spirits are being attacked and stop it, it is you.

rosa1.jpg
You should really call me Rosangela.

mad2.jpg
Forgive me. When you are as old as I am, all names blur together.

mad1.jpg
So I tend to address those I speak to by their family name. It is just... easier that way. And less painful. I'm afraid it is a habit that is difficult to break.

joey1.jpg
So, how d'you like being on the outside, as it were? I imagine it's better than being trapped wherever you were.

mad1.jpg
I had thought... I had hoped... that I would pass on. That being brought back to the mortal world would force me to obey mortal laws. Instead I... no, it is not to be. I have returned to my former duties. Therefore, I must have further work to do. But yes, it is nicer than being trapped in the void. Did I ever thank you, Mallone?

joey1.jpg
Not as much, no.

mad1.jpg
Well, I must rectify that. Thank you.

joey1.jpg
Yeah, sure. Anytime.

rosa1.jpg
Do you know anything about this Grace Group?

mad1.jpg
I know that it meant a great deal to my host, as well as his friends. Whatever happened at those meetings, it greatly improved their lives. But obviously it came at a cost.

epiph2097.jpg

joey1.jpg
Why do you let Father Michael push you around like that?

mad1.jpg
It is what my host wishes.

joey1.jpg
So?

mad1.jpg
Simply that. I must do what my host commands.

joey2.jpg
Heh, right. Seriously. What's the story?

mad1.jpg
No story, Mallone. If my host wishes me to leave him alone, I leave him alone.

rosa1.jpg
That... actually works?

mad1.jpg
Of course, it is my duty to do so.

rosa1.jpg
So Joey could...

joey3.jpg
No.

mad2.jpg
Sigh. Of course, some of us take our duties more seriously than others.

rosa1.jpg
Well, I suppose we'll talk to you soon.

mad1.jpg
Of course.

Okay, enough of this goddamned typing.

In the next episode of our GRIPPING SERIES, we shall... do more investigashuns! See more spirits! Pester people with questions!

AND MORE!!!!!111

Last edited:

Erebus

Arcane
Six months ? Earlier in the game, Rosa says it's been a year since the end of the previous game.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Previously, on Blackwell: The Frighteners

epiph1977.jpg

Before we go anywhere, we should drill father Michael for some more info on the grace group.

epiph2112.jpg

epiph2114.jpg

rosa1.jpg
I can't believe there's another medium in New York.

mike1.jpg
Medium?

rosa1.jpg
Sorry, I mean Bestower. I've been calling myself "medium" for so long, I sometimes forget.

mike1.jpg
Uh-huh

rosa1.jpg
I mean, it's not like I have anyone to talk to about this stuff.

rosa2.jpg
Nobody living, anyway.

mike1.jpg
Hey, look, I'd love to swap ghost stories with you, but it takes all my concentration to maintain this circle.

rosa1.jpg
Right, sorry. Maybe we'll have coffee later?

rosa5.jpg
You know, after we save your soul and everything.

Hitting on the priest, Rosa? That's a new low.

mike3.jpg
Sure, sounds great.

rosa1.jpg
What is this circle?

mike1.jpg
Oh, this. Madeline taught me how to do it. It prevents anything spiritual from getting to me. It takes some concentration to maintain, so I'm sorry if I'm a bit... inhospitable.

rosa1.jpg
How did you learn what was happening?

mike1.jpg
You mean that our souls were being taken away?

rosa1.jpg
Yeah.

mike3.jpg
I... It was a few weeks ago. It was at the bedside of a friend. Jeffrey, his name was. He went to the Grace Group meetings back in the day. Like me. He had been in a car accident. Hit and run. He was dying, and he wanted me there.

mike2.jpg
And when he died... I saw it. His spirit being torn apart. He screamed. I'll never forget that scream.

rosa1.jpg
I know. I saw it too.

mike1.jpg
Anyway, with Madeline's help, I began looking into other members of the group, and learnt it was happening to all of us. You know the rest.

rosa1.jpg
So you're working with Madeline.

mike1.jpg
Working? I guess you can call it that. I've been too busy being scared to give it any serious thought.

rosa1.jpg
So why'd you send Madeline outside?

mike1.jpg
Her presence disturbs my concentration. So she's keeping as far away as she can until this is resolved.

rosa1.jpg
What about us?

mike1.jpg
You're the ones who are going to save my soul. For you, I'll make the extra effort to focus.

rosa1.jpg
Could you tell me about the grace group? It was some kind of self-help group?

mike3.jpg
About twenty years ago, I was a very different person. I suppose you could call me an alcoholic, although I wouldn't have said so at the time.

mike1.jpg
Then I saw an ad in a newspaper. It promised to help people like me find their way. It seemed to be some kind of hippy self-help group, but I went to a meeting anyway. I don't remember much about the meetings, but somehow... I discovered that going to the seminary school was something I had to do. It all made sense.

rosa1.jpg
Made sense?

mike4.jpg
Yeah. I just knew it was what I was meant to be doing. And I was right.

rosa1.jpg
What happened at these meetings?

mike1.jpg
That's just it! I don't remember! Until recently, I never questioned it before. How messed up is that? I'd go, I'd sit down, and leave. I'd meet with the other members for coffee afterwards. What on earth did we talk about? We must have found something. But I do remember a man - Benjiro. He ran the meetings.

rosa1.jpg
Benjiro?

mike1.jpg
Yeah, Japanese guy. I don't remember anything else about him.

If you ask me, all this Grace Group talk sounds a lot like the people have made some bizarre deal with the devil. Nobody remembers shit, but they ALL suddenly become successful and everything? And then their souls get taken by an unstoppable force? It kind of adds up.

rosa1.jpg
How many people went to these meetings?

mike1.jpg
There were six of us. You already know about Lia, George and myself. The others are dead.

rosa1.jpg
Who were they?

mike1.jpg
Does it matter? They are dead. Their souls were taken away.

rosa1.jpg
Even still. Tell me.

mike1.jpg
Sigh. Jeffrey Dutta, Heather Goffstein, Peter Fielding.

epiph2178.jpg

rosa1.jpg
Could you tell me about Jeffrey?

mike1.jpg
God, Jeffrey Dutta. Talk about transfiguration. When we walked into that Grace Group meeting, I thought he was in the wrong place. I mean... the guy was a Wall Street broker, for crying out loud. He could have bought the church and everything in it. But he later confessed that he tried to kill himself. Twice.

rosa1.jpg
So what happened to him?

mike4.jpg
He became a professional dogwalker. Can you believe it? He used to pocket millions a year, plus bonuses. Then he was picking up dog crap for 25$ an hour and smiling about it.

TURDLICKER SHITSLURPER

mike3.jpg
He was hit by a car crossing the street. A hit-n-run. I was at his beside when he died. Madeline had been around for a month at that point, so I saw his spirit rise from his body. You know what happened next.

rosa1.jpg
Could you tell me about Peter?

mike1.jpg
Peter Fielding, yes, I never had much contact with him. He died several months ago. I'm afraid it's... too late for him.

rosa1.jpg
You saw his soul being taken?

mike1.jpg
Well, no. He died before Madeline came into my life, so I can't say for SURE. But he went to Grace Group meetings. And he's dead. What other conclusion can I reach?

rosa1.jpg
Tell me about Heather Goffstein. You said she was a member of your group.

mike1.jpg
Yes, she was one of us. I asked George if he knew where she was. He told me she was dead. I'm afraid it's too late for her.

Untold deff and defeht!

rosa1.jpg
Is this like Peter? Did you actually SEE her soul being taken?

mike3.jpg
No, I didn't. Thank heaven I didn't. Seeing it happen once is more than I can take.

rosa1.jpg
How exactly did Peter Fielding die?

mike1.jpg
Why? Are you going to try and find his spirit? There IS no spirit! It's gone!

rosa1.jpg
You said it yourself. You don't know for sure.

mike3.jpg
Sigh. It was some kind of accident. I don't know the details. I read about his death in the obituaries. Too late for his funeral, sadly, but I said a prayer for him.

rosa1.jpg
How did Heather Goffstein die?

mike1.jpg
I'm afraid I don't know. George was the one who kept in touch with her. He told me she died, but he didn't tell me how or when. I suppose it doesn't matter anymore.

rosa1.jpg
Alright, Michael. We're going to go.

mike1.jpg
Of course. Godspeed to the both of you.

Lotsa infodump... but how much of it is relevant? One thing is for certain, we got a bunch of names. And one of them can be GOOGLED!

epiph2221.jpg

epiph2225.jpg

epiph2226.jpg

woop woop

rosa1.jpg
Looks nice and warm in there. Of course, so would an ice factory now.

Let's get in!

rosa1.jpg
It says "members only". It seems to open with a keycard.

are you shitting me

THERE'S NOT EVEN SOME, I DUNNO, LOBBY FOR THIS PLACE WHERE YOU COULD AT LEAST SIGN UP?

epiph2230.jpg

sigh

joey1.jpg
Run, run, run, like a hamster on a wheel.

There's a picture of someone on the wall.

epiph2232.jpg

Someone familiar.

joey1.jpg
Tanya Corsey... hey, wait a second. Is that... yeah. That's the spook from George's roof.

epiph2238.jpg

Joey heads into the womyn's locker room :troll:

epiph2237.jpg

But doesn't find anything :(

epiph2239.jpg

Let's invade the men's room then :codexisfor:

epiph2240.jpg

Or...

epiph2241.jpg

Is there?!

epiph2242.jpg

NOTHING LOOKS RIGHT ANYMORE @_@

joey1.jpg
Does what look right?

pete1.jpg
The light bulb. I could swear it was blinking.

joey1.jpg
It looks fine to me.

pete1.jpg
Huh. I got to do everything around here myself.

joey1.jpg
Looks to be in his fifties? It's hard to say. He's got the hair of an older man, but the body that most guys in their twenties would envy. He obviously worked out religiously. For all the good it did him.

His portrait sure as hell doesn't look like someone in his fifties.

epiph2250.jpg

pete1.jpg
Are you SURE there's nothing wrong with the light?

joey1.jpg
I'm no expert, but it looks fine to me.

pete2.jpg
Sigh. Well, what can I do for you?

epiph2255.jpg

sup lah

joey1.jpg
Hey, is your name Peter Fielding by any chance?

pete2.jpg
That's me, why?

joey1.jpg
Huh, no reason. You own this joint, right?

pete2.jpg
Yes, I do. My dad built it. You could say it's a family business. Been running it around... 20 years? Seems like yesterday.

joey1.jpg
So what's the story with the lights?

pete3.jpg
I... don't know!

:what:

pete1.jpg
They are driving me crazy. There's something wrong with them, I can tell.

joey1.jpg
Well, like I said, they look totally fine to me.

pete1.jpg
I'll just have to keep checking.

joey1.jpg
Nice place you've got here.

pete2.jpg
Thanks, you looking to join?

joey1.jpg
Ah, no, I really don't think exercise is gonna do me much good.

pete2.jpg
It's amazing how many people think that. You're young, your metabolism is still strong. But time catches up to you before you know it.

goddamn fitness freaks

joey1.jpg
You're preaching to the choir, Peter. But I'm still not interested.

pete2.jpg
Well, we're here if you need us.

joey1.jpg
So... how are you feeling?

pete1.jpg
Fine, why?

joey1.jpg
You don't feel strange? At all?

pete1.jpg
What do you mean?

Like you're DEAD? @_@

joey1.jpg
Well, just hypothetically speaking, you don't feel like you're going to explode?

pete2.jpg
What, like indigestion?

joey1.jpg
Not quite.

pete2.jpg
I'm on a strict diet of wheatgrass shakes and fiber. Indigestion is the last thing I have to worry about.

At least this explains his death. He starved himself to death.

joey1.jpg
So you run this place with your old man, huh?

pete2.jpg
Sort of. He built it when he left the army. I took over long ago.

joey1.jpg
Ever hear of the Grace Group? I understand you went to a few meetings?

pete1.jpg
You KNOW about that?

joey1.jpg
Yeah.

pete1.jpg
Wow, well, yeah, I went to some meetings, it was all that I needed.

joey1.jpg
Why's that?

pete1.jpg
Well, I wasn't the most focused of people back then. It's a long story, but in the end, I went to work with my dad when he ran the place. It's been my life ever since.

joey1.jpg
Hey, I think I met a friend of yours, father Michael Cooper?

pete2.jpg
Michael! Now there's a name I haven't heard in a while! How is he?

joey1.jpg
He's... seen better days.

pete1.jpg
I'm sorry to hear that. He'll pull through. He always has.

joey1.jpg
I hear Tanya Corsey went to this gym.

pete2.jpg
She's been coming here for YEARS! That body you see on TV? I take full credit for that.

:codexisfor:

joey1.jpg
Well, we all gotta be proud of something. Do you know anything about Benjiro? Ran the grace group meetings.

pete2.jpg
Sure!

joey1.jpg
...well?

pete2.jpg
Um. Funny, I can't really think of anything TO say exactly. It's been twenty years.

hurr

joey1.jpg
Sure, people forget things.

pete1.jpg
That's it. Exactly. I just didn't think it would happen to me so soon.

joey1.jpg
Did you know Jeffrey Dutta?

Dutta the Hutt

pete2.jpg
You know Jeff too?

joey1.jpg
Not really... I just heard of him.

pete2.jpg
Good guy. Took care of my neighbour's dog when she was on vacation.

Hm.

joey1.jpg
Do you know Heather Goffstein?

pete2.jpg
You know Heather too? Who DON'T you know?

urmom

joey1.jpg
Heh, well, I'm a people person.

pete1.jpg
Wow, Heather. I haven't heard that name in a long time.

There's nothing else we can dig outta that guy. But he still gave us some clues.

Before we leave, there's also another thing in the gym.

epiph2318.jpg

This calendar, with the 7th of january marked. Probably significant.

epiph2319.jpg

rosa1.jpg
Peter? Peter Fielding?

joey1.jpg
Yeah, he's safe and sound. Spiritually speaking, anyway.

rosa1.jpg
Huh. Michael was sure that Peter's ghost was taken.

joey1.jpg
Just between you and me? Michael doesn't look to be sure about very much.

Yeah, no shit.

epiph2325.jpg

rosa1.jpg
Tanya Corsey? She was in the gym?

joey1.jpg
No, it's the name of our roof spook. Is she famous or something?

rosa1.jpg
You could say that. She has a TV show.

joey1.jpg
I think you mean she HAD a TV show. Let's get going.

epiph2331.jpg

epiph2332.jpg

LIFTING THE VEIL!

joey1.jpg
You're Tanya Corsey, aren't you?

tanya1.jpg
Sigh. I knew you'd get it. That's me, Tanya Corsey, host of the "Good Morning" show on channel 11. Now all the mystery is gone.

joey1.jpg
So I heard you go to Peter Fielding's gym?

tanya4.jpg
I do. Or rather... I did. After what happened to him, I just couldn't.

joey1.jpg
You mean his...?

tanya4.jpg
Death? Yes. So senseless.

Awright, well. This actually lets us establish some sort of a timeline for the deff and defeht.

Peter didn't seem to know about anyone's passing, so he must have been first. After that was probably Heather because it happened before Michael meeting Madeline. Next was Jeffrey, and it's likely that with him the soul-rupturing started, although it might have started with Heather. Then it was George and Lia. Tanya is so far a mystery, but she was also after Peter.

joey1.jpg
Can you tell me anything about Peter?

tanya2.jpg
He was a brutal taskmaster, is what he was.

tanya3.jpg
But... I can't deny he got results.

joey1.jpg
No, I can't deny it either. So, Tanya, tell me about yourself.

tanya3.jpg
Hah, you want to get to know the Real Tanya Corsey? The Tanya you don't read about in tabloids and magazines?

joey1.jpg
If you'll let me.

tanya3.jpg
I barely know you, mister Mallone. Although if you swing by more often, you might learn a thing or two.

joey1.jpg
Come on, tell me something about yourself. It must be nice for someone like you to be ASKED a question for once.

tanya1.jpg
You've been doing nothing but ask questions since you came here.

joey1.jpg
Huh, fair point

That's all we can get from her for now...

meanwhile!

4kKL4h.jpg

epiph2361.jpg

a-ha!

epiph2363.jpg

epiph2364.jpg

And that will be all for today.

This game is going ahead kinda slow. I hope we'll finally find some VITAL CLUES.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom