Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let''s Play: The X-COM Files 0.5.2b Alpha! BLIND! ITS BAAAACK!!

The X-COM Files

Extraterrestrials are real, they are here and not for peace. They hide in shadows, behind masks and cloaks, the traitorous and unaware, human proxies and puppets. Vast shadow conspiracies work together against mankind, and no one knows who they are. They can be anyone, they can be anywhere, the horror can happen anytime. All nations of the world are vulnerable to attack.

Together, they formed the Extraterrestrial Combat Unit to fight this threat. X-COM is under-funded, under-appreciated and overwhelmed. Yet, X-COM marches on - for we are the only ones able to fight them. We shall clothe ourselves in a shroud of darkness to hide from the unknowing world and become the shadows. Through darkness we will bring light and save humanity from the invader.

We are X-COM. We protect humanity while staying in the shadows, and bring truth to light. One day, all falsehoods will fall, and the world shall wake.

What is this:
The X-COM Files is a Open X-COM mod. Built upon the mechanical improvements of the Open X-COM Extended and the fantastic community mod effort of the Final Mod Pack, The X-COM Files expands the game back, going years before the alien invasion, showing the roots of X-COM and its origins as investigative agents. Before X-COM became the worldwide alien-fighting organization we know, they were but a small and disbelieved investigation group for the United Nations, seeking evidence to prompt action by the World's Leaders. They investigate the weird, the strange and the impossible, seeking answers to the strange phenoms going on in the world:

- Are we alone in the universe?
- Who are they?
- What do they want?
- What are they doing?
- Can we defeat them?

Investigate strange events!
Elucidate mysteries!
Uncover the Veil that hid the real world from you!
Discover mysteries!
Fight some conspiracies!
Purge horrors untold!
Unmask sinister cults!
Interrogate suspects for their info!
Dissect things that are not of this world!
Kill traitors to humanity!
Research alien technology!
Awake the sleeping world!
Strategize your investigation and war against aliens!

Can a few underfunded, badly-armed agents uncover the great mysteries and save the world?

The Truth is out there...

LP Index:
July 1997:

Intro. The X-COM Files: Right here.
Episode I. Introduction to the X-COM Files. Next post, right bellow this one.
Episode II. So exalted I forgot to bring a electric club!
Episode III. The Case of the Abomineve Homem das Naves
Episode IV.
Karatekas Kill Kodexers
Episode V. Crete, Commies and Codexers
Episode VI. Unresolved Cases
Episode VII. The Burning Horror in Frozen Hell
Episode VIII. Radscorpion
Episode IX. Ailuranthrope
Episode X. Church of Dagon
Episode XI. Cattle Mutilation
Episode XII.
Communist Crop Circles
August 1997:
Episode XIII. Too EXALTed
Episode XIV. The Southeast is Red
Episode XV.
Arachnophobia
Episode XVI. Lock and Load
Episode XVII. Pleasing Afternoon of the Living Dead
Episode XVIII. Silent Stalking Spiders
Episode XIX.
Calm, Crete and Cultists
September 1997:

Episode XX. Black Lotus
Episode XXI. Arctic Night of the Living Dead
Episode XXII. Scorpions in the Shady Sands
Episode XXIII. Cult Activity
Episode XXIV. Malicious Man-ape Menace
에피소드 스물 다섯. 평양에있는 미국 늑대 인간
Episode XXVI. It is always darkest before the Red Dawn
October 1997 - Zombie Apocalypse Month:
Episode XXVII. X-COM: Apocalypse Ragnarok
Episode XXVIII. The Infection
Episode XXIX.
Cisplatinean AnnEXA(L)Tion
Episode XXX. The Infection Part II: Arctic Twilight of the Living Dead
Episode XXXI. Crop Circles of the Crypt
November 1997 - Nightmare November:
Episode XXXII.
Failures
Episode XXXIII. A Ninja Knows No Fear
Episode XXXIV. Black Werewolf Network
Episode XXXV. Knee Deep in the Red
Episode XXXVI. The Man Who Saved X-COM
December 1997:
Episode XXXVII.
Outnumbered
Episode XXXVIII
Episode XXXIX
Episode XL.

Last edited:

tindrli

Arcane
same here, some images work but none from the last post except last image of 3 womans i would defenetly would!
opening image seperatly in new tab takes me to dropbox login screen

and Tindrli reporting for duty

Dayyālu

Arcane
I see a tenth of the first image and the "Refugees Welcome" beauties. Fitting, I dare to say!

In, Italy.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Hard times finding reliable image hosts beside imgur these days, not to mention one with faster copypasting links procedure.

sign me in, give colt .45/shotgun and see what happen.

PS. any chance you do XpirateZ after this LP (if it end fast?).

lightbane

Arcane
Lightbane ready to serve and kill some terrorist/alien scum!

*checks index* Will the LP be abandoned after 3 chapters? :troll:

lightbane

Arcane
There HAS to be a faster method to post screens. Tried to use a clipboard program but it didn't go well. Like, grab all 'n drop on post. Maybe I should just do videos, but I have zero patience for video LPs and I feel that so does some of my audience.

A compromise you can do is to play normally while you record your game session, then use a program to make the screenshots from that video. I've seen some people do it, but I'm not sure about the specific details.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
The loot and stat increase screen I remember from Xpiratez, this Files mod looks cool, all that low tech stuff (except machete research, that's ridiculous).

Why not go melee with female agent and slap them with palm screaming about chauvinism?
Can female agent outgun them that way?
Or they may be stunned with "Patriarchy!" shouts in revenge?

Last edited:

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
When I did my LPs, I wrote the entire update in notepad first, then copied the whole she-bang into the browser once I was finished. Worked fine for me. You'd not need to do steps 3 and 4 then.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
By the way, imgur has a nice quick-link for use in BBboards such as this.
AvvoSfW.png

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
So I uploaded all my pictures for use in the LP, clicked on them one by one, saved the link and pasted it into the notepad, wrote my comments for said pic, then moved on to the next. Would that work for you?

Unwanted
Queued Shitposter
I find it quite surprising that supposed arpeegee nerds are too dumb to Google for a tool that uploads pictures in bulk and spits out a bbcode'd list...

Seen the XcomFiles demo release and thought it would play significantly different from Xcom, alas it looks and plays like a skinjob.

I WANT TO BE A SEXY GIRL WITH A KNIFE

Modron

Arcane
Where are the black suvs, you would think if the agency could only afford two seaters a third person would sit on the passenger's lap or something when they are heading out to possible death.

MZeta

Scholar
To Trindli and Dayyalu. May they rest in Snowy Peace :salute:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom